Babe vs.Toy Story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rapscallion
This my seem like a weird comparison, but I am in a furious argument with my friends over which is the better film. Toy Story grossed a little more than Babe did and was nominated for 3 oscars ( best original screenplay, best song, best original score) it was also nominated for a golden globe (best picture-musical or comedy but lost to...). Babe grossed less and was nominated for 7 oscars (best picture, best director, best supporting actor, best adapted screenplay, best art direction-set direction, best film editing, and it won best visual FX). It also won one golden globe (best picture-musical or comedy). They are two of the greatest children's films of all time, and they came out in the same year which is better?

SnakeEyes
Toy Story, no contest.

I hated Babe.

Rapscallion
really? I'd have to say Babe, although i liked toy story. babe was a little sweeter and at the same time, it is about as dark as a children's film gets. It just felt like a kids' movie with actual dram while toy story is just another fun family flick. A very good one, but after 11 years it blends in with the other pixar films that fallowed the same mold.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Toy Story, no contest.

I hated Babe.

Nevermind
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Toy Story, no contest.

I hated Babe.

cking
toy story is much better and makes alot of money compared to babe.

Wolfie
Toy Story was way better.

cking
both toy stories made channel four list of the 100 greatest cartoon list at number four.

stunna1773
id go with toy story

cking
good idea they make more money.

Myth
Toy Story. Even if it "blends in" with other Pixar films, its because it helped paved the way for them.

botankus
I've always argued that Babe was an adult's movie. It has many underlying themes that exist in the adult world. Older people can relate more with "The Way Things Are" sub-theme more than children, who would only see that on the surface.

Toy Story was more for kids, though it did bring back good memories about childhood toys, especially the Speak N' Spell.

DRAKONS
Toy story ir our GLory

Rapscallion
Originally posted by botankus
I've always argued that Babe was an adult's movie. It has many underlying themes that exist in the adult world. Older people can relate more with "The Way Things Are" sub-theme more than children, who would only see that on the surface.

Toy Story was more for kids, though it did bring back good memories about childhood toys, especially the Speak N' Spell.

that's kind of what I liked about Babe. It took serious adult themes and made them presentable to children, although kids might not pick up on all that's in it.

Darth Vicious
Toy Story no doubt.

chez
I never minded either of them when I was younger. But now that I've grown up , I find I'll still put on my old Toy Story videos but my Babe video has gone by the wayside. Probably because Babe was more pitched solely to a younger audience, whereas I think Toy Story (typical of Pixar) had a broader age appeal.

Morning_Glory
I liked Babe more than Toy Story happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.