Fantastic 4 and The Silver Surfer - AKA Fantastic 4 Two.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
"Marvel's first family of superheroes, The Fantastic Four, meets their greatest challenge yet in FANTASTIC FOUR AND THE SILVER SURFER as the enigmatic, intergalactic herald, The Silver Surfer, comes to Earth to prepare it for destruction. As the Silver Surfer races around the globe wreaking havoc, Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben must unravel the mystery of the Silver Surfer and confront the surprising return of their mortal enemy, Dr. Doom, before all hope is lost."

Dr. Dooms Back Bitches w00t

Anyway, Comment about the movie.

NoFate007
God knows what they're going to do for Galactus. They can't change him too drastically, but then again, it'd be totally unrealistic to have this giant in pink armor.

grey fox
Originally posted by NoFate007
God knows what they're going to do for Galactus. They can't change him too drastically, but then again, it'd be totally unrealistic to have this giant in pink armor.

Just go with Ultimate Galactus..or a robot galactus. One of the two .

NoFate007
How would a robot Galactus give Surfer his powers though?

I'm not familiar with "Gah Lak Tus" so idk what that story was, so maybe they'll do that. I can't pick one way or the other until I know what it is lol.

Accel
It's always possible Galactus won't even be mentioned in the movie and Surfer's origin could be changed completely (kind of like what they did with Juggernaut in X3).

Vinny Valentine
I don't even care for the other guys.

I only want to See Dr.Doom Again.

NoFate007
They'd better not cheap out on Galactus lol.

Vinny Valentine
They'd better not cheap out on Galactus lol.

True, That would suck.

Kal875
whatever they do with Galactus, I think the mivies going to be good

Grimm22
How about we get a good director

Get rid of Jessica Alba (unless she has more half naked scenes)

Heck just remake the first one stick out tongue

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Grimm22

I liked the guy they picked for Doom. He plays the role good, same as Johnny and Ben.

Albas Hot Though laughing out loud

Rols
I bow pray for ALBA drool.

NoFate007
Alba needs to be Reverse Invisible Woman. That way she stays visible but her clothes disappear lol.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
I liked the guy they picked for Doom. He plays the role good, same as Johnny and Ben.

Albas Hot Though laughing out loud

The actor for doom wasnt to blame, rather the director...

Seriously putting him as a bussiness man who dates Sue?!?!

Vinny Valentine

Seriously putting him as a bussiness man who dates Sue?!?!

Isn't that how the comics did it?

Swanky-Tuna
They could just not show much of him. Like having him communicate via telepathy or keep in in the shadows. Or just make him too big to get a full grasp on.

Mindship
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
They could just not show much of him. Like having him communicate via telepathy or keep in in the shadows. Or just make him too big to get a full grasp on.

The art of great movie making. Hitchcock understood the power of letting the audience's mind fill in the blanks; so does Spielberg. Galactus Suggested would be much more effective, IMO, than Galactus Shown.

Bicnarok

DarkCrawler
Isn't that how the comics did it? no expression

No.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
no expression

No.

I never read the F4 Comics stick out tongue

Well, Many of them.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Mindship
The art of great movie making. Hitchcock understood the power of letting the audience's mind fill in the blanks; so does Spielberg. Galactus Suggested would be much more effective, IMO, than Galactus Shown.

Exactly. Galactus should be only alluded to.

roughrider
Latest rumour: Doug Jones ( HELLBOY's Abe Sabien) is up for the role of the Silver Surfer.
Do I sense a re-team with David Hyde Pierce, who did Abe's voice?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=344856

TheFilmProphet

clapping

cain marko
Originally posted by Accel
It's always possible Galactus won't even be mentioned in the movie and Surfer's origin could be changed completely (kind of like what they did with Juggernaut in X3).

i heard galactus is in it?!

also did you get the review from imdb?

miroku
it's offical julian McMahon is reprisieng his role as dr doom

lord xyz
"Marvel's first family of superheroes, The Fantastic Four, meets their greatest challenge yet in FANTASTIC FOUR AND THE SILVER SURFER as the enigmatic, intergalactic herald, The Silver Surfer, comes to Earth to prepare it for destruction. As the Silver Surfer races around the globe wreaking havoc, Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben must unravel the mystery of the Silver Surfer and confront the surprising return of their mortal enemy, Dr. Doom, before all hope is lost."

Dr. Dooms Back Bitches w00t

Anyway, Comment about the movie. w00t

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by miroku
it's offical julian McMahon is reprisieng his role as dr doom Eugh... yay we get more McMahon Doom.... no expression

The guy from Prison Break would make a decent SS.

Wolfie
I would rather them go for a different villain for the second movie. But this could work. Only time will tell.

HellMaster93
What's the bets they team up w/ the Silver Surfer in the end and Doom tries to manipulate/ use Galactus' attack to his advantage?

EvilDead666
Hopefully they don't write the script as bland as dry toast this time. They had a talented cast (though mostly unknowns besides Alba) and wasted it on a cookie-cutter script. The effects sucked too, but that IMO is the least important of the problems the first movie faced.\

EDIT : the effects done on the Thing were awesome.

steverules
It's x-men 2 all over again. Doom and the FF must join forces to defeat The silver Surfer and Galactus. I think they will fight SS beat him some how then Galactus comes and it end's on a cliff hanger setting up the third movie.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by EvilDead666
EDIT : the effects done on the Thing were awesome. He looked like a giant walking shit. erm

NoFate007
I'm pretty sure the movie will deal with Dr. Doom pretending to be on the side of F4 while they're taking on Silver Surfer, but then Doom tries to use Surfer or Galactus for his own purposes, and then SS and F4 team up to stop Doom/Galactus. Seems the most logical way to do it.

Rols
Here's some pics of Dr. Doom new outfit and Galactus custumedphoto http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rroldz/detail?.dir=79d8scd&.dnm=d9d4scd.jpg&.src=ph laughing .

TK1
I'm pretty sure the movie will deal with Dr. Doom pretending to be on the side of F4 while they're taking on Silver Surfer, but then Doom tries to use Surfer or Galactus for his own purposes, and then SS and F4 team up to stop Doom/Galactus. Seems the most logical way to do it.

Lmao, i can see that now. laughing

Scarlet_Spidey
Who cares about the movie, the only thing we REALLY want to see is :

http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/3677/suestormhs2.jpg

( big grin funny photo, it's like she's dancing with her booty and saying 'SHAKE IT!' big grin )

Grimm22
I never read the F4 Comics stick out tongue

Well, Many of them.

Wow no expression

You sir are banned from watching the next FF movie bash

Heck you're banned from anything that has to do with comics banned

Grimm22
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
He looked like a giant walking shit. erm

True erm

However so did the original design by Jack Kirby

He better be more authentic this time around or else its clobberin' time boxing

Grimm22
Originally posted by miroku
it's offical julian McMahon is reprisieng his role as dr doom

Don't blame him no

Blame the director and writers for making Doom such a bitc*

Seriously Julian is actually a fan of the FF.

He must have been saying WTF?!?! when he read the script stick out tongue

Silverstein

i think he looks like a burnt victim. sick

Scarlet_Spidey
He looks so bad i even thought it was Sam Raimi for a minute.

OB1-adobe

I guess, unless your shit is Orange?

sick You should go to the Doctor

Silverstein
Originally posted by Scarlet_Spidey
He looks so bad i even thought it was Sam Raimi for a minute.

laughing

Face
Silver surfer in ff2 is gonna be big i hope Jessica Alba still in the cast

badabing
Just found this.
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/preview/1809749933

Ultraman Baltan
Doom was crap in the first one. I would've totally picked Matthew Wood. If they do Galactus as the Ultimate version, I will scream. Why not just change his armor to red? Dur.

GreatMuta
If they change his armor the geeks errr fans will take a collective crap on it. The FF was the one comic book movie i wanted and did not want to see. Wanted being that i love the comic and the characters dynamic. Did not want because it dealt with alot of cosmic stuff...including Galactus and surfer! It's just too comic(ey) for tv/movie.

roughrider
Don Payne is the screenwriter - he worked on the Simpsons.
But he also wrote that piece-of-crap bomb from last summer, My Super Ex-Girlfriend.
If that is how he views superheroes... sick

MattDay
i thought julian caught the essense of doom, although he goes on and on, he shown promise of being a real evil bastard, lets hope he comes outta that shell in the second one

Big Sexy

Seriously putting him as a bussiness man who dates Sue?!?! The guy that played reed was awful. At least Sue was eye candy.

Dinalfos

Vinny Valentine
Dr.Doom is in it.

katie_girl09
Originally posted by Big Sexy
The guy that played reed was awful. At least Sue was eye candy.
They could have found someone who could have been eye candy AND would have played Sue properly. I found it hard to believe that she had above-average intelligence.
And yeah, the guy that played Reed was awful! I would have cast George Clooney personally. I thought he would have looked like Reed and would have been able to pull off the genius thing too.

cain marko
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tintinetmilou/sets/72157594335257405/

set pics! i've only looked at the thumbnails but it looks like the wedding doesn't go well

cain marko
Dr.Doom is in it.

links for proof?

The Pict
FF was a dire movie, hopefully the sequel out does it. Like X2 did.

cain marko

FOOM
The actor who played Doom is responsible for his own poor acting and his inabilty to create an accent from a fictitious land.
Tom hanks did it. This hack in F.F. copped out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.