Miscellaneous Movie Questions - Ask them Here!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dusty
You know some of you have them. Hell, I know I have some.

But if you have any questions about a movie, that may be 'What is that song' or 'What are some good war movies', You could go ahead and ask them here. Hopefully someone will answer the question. smile

DRAKONS
Ok so ill be here first!!
Question:There was a movie With Brendan Freiser nad Elizabet Hurley where she is the Devil and giving 7 or how many wishes to him.What is the name of the movie?

C-Dic
"Bedazzled", which is actually a little known remake.

Dusty
Originally posted by C-Dic

Wow, that was a remake? Didn't know that.

Didn't a ghostbuster direct the film?

DRAKONS
Actualy i did not know it was a remake too

T.M
Originally posted by Dusty

Didn't a ghostbuster direct the film?

Harold Ramis directed.

He played Dr. Spengler in Ghostbuster didn't he ?

DRAKONS
But the movie aint so bad.I licked it

T.M
Originally posted by DRAKONS
But the movie aint so bad.I licked it

eww... why would you do that eer

DRAKONS
ups sorry i mean i liked it mistiped

Dusty
I just watched 'Fist of Fury'.

What did you guys think of it?

DRAKONS
Is Dirty Liar a good movie?

Lighthammer
I'm confused, in Aliens, are Vasquez and Drake a couple, or is that just playful banter between best friends?

PrincessPink
What are some good scary movies? Not really horror movies but are some what scary.

Dusty
Originally posted by Lighthammer
I'm confused, in Aliens, are Vasquez and Drake a couple, or is that just playful banter between best friends?

Banter.

Originally posted by PrincessPink
What are some good scary movies? Not really horror movies but are some what scary.

Non-horror, but freightening?

Se7en
Unbreakable
Donnie Darko

Wolfie
I believe it was a remake of a French film. What I've seen, it wasn't very good.

Deicide
i hope its ok to ask this here.....i recently heard that Peter jackson is supposed to do a remake of the 1983 movie KRULL. has anyone heard anything??

jaden101
Originally posted by C-Dic

the peter cook and dudley moore version was on the other day...its a classic

Deicide
anyone?????????????????????????????

jaden101
well considering Halo is supposed to be taking him until 2008 then i cant see it happening for at least a couple of years...there is nothing listed on iMDB for either the film or for peter jackson doing it except for someones opinion saying it would be cool...even though nothing peter jackson has done has even been remotely cool

coolmovies
Do u guys still use VHS ?

C-Dic
I have a couple, literally 2. Al Jolson's "The Jazz Singer", the first motion picture with spoken dialogue, which isn't on DVD yet, and Slayer's "Live Intrusion".

Dusty
Originally posted by coolmovies

http://img350.imageshack.us/img350/2125/imga04915my.jpg

We don't buy anymore, we just keep what we got.

~Da Rev~
Do u guys still use VHS ? Yes. All the time. All my good movies are on VHS.

~Da Rev~

We don't buy anymore, we just keep what we got. Imagine a little less than that, and imagine they're CD's. Because we took all the CD's that we had in the house and put them in a pile like that. Can't remember the exact number, though.

coolmovies
I only have Dr who on video

~Da Rev~
Wasn't the movie Pulse suppose to come out earlier this summer? Does anyone know anything about this.

coolmovies
Thats a big collection dusty !!

Deicide
yes, i have a vast library of movies on VHS, i see nothing wrong with still watchin the ol VCR...lol

T.M

The only movies I have on VHS are Desperado and Phenomenon haven't got around to getting the DVD versions yet... havent watched them for a while though because I havent got my VCR in my room.

coolmovies
so you guys still tape movies ?? am i right ?

T.M
so you guys still tape movies ?? am i right ?

Nope.. I haven't taped a movie for years.

coolmovies
me too lollz

H. S. 6

We don't buy anymore, we just keep what we got.

You should buy a VHS to DVD converter. yes

I have one; it's awesome. cool

coolmovies
They dont sell vcr's anymore

Impediment
At the very end of Schindler's List, when all of the Schindler Jews have put rocks on Oskar Schindlers grave, there is an individual who places two roses on the grave. Is that supposed to be Steven Spielberg or Liam Neeson? It has to be one of the two, because the stones were placed by the actual people from history, as well as the actors who portrayed them. Just wondering.

Jack of Blades
I do have movies on VHS.Not that much as on those imiges but many and yes i sometimes tape things when i want to and got a free VHS

coolmovies
ya we got a free vcr when we brought a widscreen tv

Lighthammer
In Aliens when Crowe says the line You always say that Frost, You always say I've got a bad feeling about this drop", Tip Tipping who plays Crowe is off screen. My question is, did Tip Tippng actually say that, or was that somebody elses voice? AndMy other question is Hicks, Ripley, and Apone smoke, but in real life do Michael Biehn, Sigourney Weaver, and Al Matthews smoke? And what does Mirra mean in Spanish? And Tip Tipping, and Trevor Steedman played Marines, but were known for being stuntmen, did they perform any of the stunts in the movie?

Dr. §trangelove
Do u guys still use VHS ? Not if I can help it. My VCR is old and crappy, so I avoid it whenever possible. My family has about 400 DVDs

coolmovies
Can someone tell me why there is anothere back to the future box set comming out ?? Theres allready a 4 disk set out .

cava
I sometimes use my old vhs movies but I don't buy them any more but I will watch my vhs movies

coolmovies
How long does it take to transfer VHS to dvd ?

Dusty
Depends. yes

DeVi| D0do
The '95 release of the Star Wars trilogy are the only VHS tapes I've got...

coolmovies
Depends on what ?

Dusty
How many you have?

coolmovies
20 i think

janetnjason
Ok, here is a hard one. I remember a movie that had an old black car that was possesed, or at least you could not see the driver. The car went around abducting kids, or just little girls. In the end, the car finally gets took out by a small schoolbus which had a racing engine in it. The bus driver was a woman. Can you name this movie???? I can't remember the name, I wanna say it was Hell on Wheels, or Terror On Wheels, but netflix nor blockbuster can find it.

DanZeke25
I just watched Reservoir Dogs for the first time. It was great. But there is one thing I was wondering about. In the end, when they are all pointing guns at each other, Joe is going to shoot Mr. Orange who is on the ground covered in blood. Mr. White is going to shoot Joe, and Eddie is going to shoot Mr. White. So Joe shoots Mr. Orange, right after Mr. White shoots Joe, and then Eddie shoots Mr. White, but somebody shoots Eddie and he dies. But that can't be possible because nobody was pointing a gun at him. It can't be Mr. Pink either because he was hiding.

DanZeke25
Sorry I can't edit anymore but this video shows that Mr. White shoots Joe and Eddie. It was hard to tell watching it in regular speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We1xQauE1Mo

H. S. 6
How long does it take to transfer VHS to dvd ?

On the DVD to VHS recorder I have, it takes the time of the VHS, as it essentially 'plays' the movie.

Dusty
Originally posted by DanZeke25
I just watched Reservoir Dogs for the first time. It was great. But there is one thing I was wondering about. In the end, when they are all pointing guns at each other, Joe is going to shoot Mr. Orange who is on the ground covered in blood. Mr. White is going to shoot Joe, and Eddie is going to shoot Mr. White. So Joe shoots Mr. Orange, right after Mr. White shoots Joe, and then Eddie shoots Mr. White, but somebody shoots Eddie and he dies. But that can't be possible because nobody was pointing a gun at him. It can't be Mr. Pink either because he was hiding.

Yeah, there's a big conspiracy about that. laughing out loud

I want one of the shirts that say: "I shot nice guy Eddie".

silver_tears
Originally posted by janetnjason
Ok, here is a hard one. I remember a movie that had an old black car that was possesed, or at least you could not see the driver. The car went around abducting kids, or just little girls. In the end, the car finally gets took out by a small schoolbus which had a racing engine in it. The bus driver was a woman. Can you name this movie???? I can't remember the name, I wanna say it was Hell on Wheels, or Terror On Wheels, but netflix nor blockbuster can find it.

You mean Wheels of Terror, but it was a FOX made-for-television movie from like 1990 I think. The only way you can get a copy is if you contact FOX I'm assuming. shrug

-Tired Hiker-
What's that movie where there's all these little people, like a little king and queen and knights and stuff, and they are all super small and living in some village. There's one part where the king is hiding in a sack and he gets drunk off beer. There's also a part where this ghost thing appears on a hill and it scares the town. And I think that the normal sized characters are like peasants or something. It came out in the early 1970's I believe. It might have been called "King 'Something' And The Little People" I think it was Disney.

silver_tears
Darby O'Gill and the Little People (?)
Tis about leprechauns and their king yadda yadda

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by silver_tears
Darby O'Gill and the Little People (?)
Tis about leprechauns and their king yadda yadda

Yeah, that's it, but I totally just found it on Yahoo.

http://www.kiddiematinee.com/images/d-darbyogill04.jpg

silver_tears
Whatevs, I so answered it mhm

-Tired Hiker-
Whatevs, I so answered it mhm

You have no idea, I made a long ass post with three pics from the movie, correcting myself that it was'nt from the 70's, rather 1959 etc.. . . then I f*cked up and deleted the post and saw that you replied. I can't just not say anything. roll eyes (sarcastic)

silver_tears
I suppose I forgive you, is it any good?

-Tired Hiker-
I suppose I forgive you, is it any good?

I used to love it as a kid, but I would look away during this one part where this creepy thing called The Ghost Coach would appear on this hill at night. I saw a bit of it a few years ago on cable and was laughing my ass off where the king was cracking all these jokes. I think it was good, y'know what . . .I'm going to try to rent it tonight! eek!

silver_tears
I'm gonna try to find it, I like the idea of these so called leprechauns hm

-Tired Hiker-
I'm gonna try to find it, I like the idea of these so called leprechauns hm

I hope you find it, I couldn't. erm I checked at two video stores just now and they looked at me like I was crazy when I said, "Do you have Darby O'Gill And The Little People?"

I can't wait to find it, I really want to watch it. Sean Connery is in it, and I saw a bit of it on like the Disney Channel or something a few years back. I remember laughing my ass off when the little Leprechuan King was getting drunk off beer and totally cracking all these jokes. Anyway, here's a cool link I found that makes me want to see it even more!

http://www.startedbyamouse.com/mousellany/DarbyOGill.shtml

Jack of Blades
I need to know name of the Movie.there werethree dudes who wanted to go to a Kiss Concert.

Dusty
Originally posted by Jack of Blades
I need to know name of the Movie.there werethree dudes who wanted to go to a Kiss Concert.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0165710/

?

Jack of Blades
thx

silver_tears
Tsk tsk, there were 4 dudes ermm

Jack of Blades
o four damm but why do i have the number three in my head instead of four?hmm dont know ok next Quetion.Remember that part where they Like Wanted to get a kiss ticket each in his own way.and after they return to the meeting spot when they failed to get the tickets there is this song.I realy like it heard it in two movies but i dont know the name or the Band whose playing it.meybe somebody knows.

DreXor
I got a movie brain block...

saw this movie a few years back, guessing by the photo quality it was mid 70's, about a house or hotel or something.. in the basement is this pagan style disc embedded in the wall, the new owner does a bunch of research to figure out what it is , in the meantime, the "seal of evil" just kinda falls off the wall, and i think they get a psychic and a priest in there, both of which basically excrement themselves, the brick wall ends up forming into a door/arch and i guess is a doorway to hell ... memory's a little foggy but that's about what i can remember of it, mostly the basement scenes, and the disc/seal thing and the brick wall slowly forming into a arched door.

sockmonkee
I am looking for a movie and cant remember the actors or the name. Its about a young english man who takes a room in a house and starts having an affair with the owners wife. They have a young daughter also and she begins to take an interist in the lodger as well, blackmailing the young man not to tell the father about the affair with the mother...and in the end he kills them both in a field. A little confusing but a wild movie. Anyone know what Im talking about?

Jack of Blades
Ok so this is realy easy.Name me movies which are about there dudes who want to be famous rockers,metalists,rapers and stuff like that.
I know few of them:airheads,Detroit Rock CIty,Waynes World 1 and 2,
Coud you name me more?I realy like movies like these.

Torn_Diamond
right now dude I can only think a couple

Rockstar, School Of Rock and Fubar.

Lunch_Meat
Hey guys I need help with a name of a movie. It's japanese I guess, basically the title is 4 numbers, just a year I guess. It starts with a 2, andddddd I don't know the rest.

pr1983
is it 2042? its chinese though...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.