Question About the Music (Both Films)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ley
I have question regarding the music of both Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

I have bought the soundtracks for both movies (And love them both!). When I upload them to iTunes, it shows Hans Zimmer as the composer for Dead Man's Chest, while Klaus Badelt is the composer for Curse of the Black Pearl.

My question is this; on Curse of the Black Pearl's soundtrack, on the track titled "The Black Pearl," about a minute into it, the score sounds very familiar. It's in the movie, I believe during the part where Jack and Will steal the ship. It sounds very much like the music from the first battle in the movie Gladiator, which Hans Zimmer did the music for.

Given that he worked on the second Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and he did Gladiator, which sounds so similar to music in the first, did he work on the first movie at all?

Mådness
According to my knowledge, yes. Both Zimmer and Badelt worked on the score...I think... *runs off to check on her CD*

JohnnyBloom
They normally write their scores together, if you look on the imdb, then most of the works that one has done, the other has done as well - even if they're not credited for it ...

but you're right, on the case zimmer did DMC and Badelt did CotBP.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.