News for Chocolate lovers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shakyamunison
Chocolate that will not melt.

Would you eat it?

http://www.livescience.com/othernews/060714_tropical_chocolate.html

cking
chocolate that doesn't melt sounds interesting, I probably wouldn't have to worry about buying more chocolate.

Morgoths_Wrath
M&M's new slogan:

"Melts in your....dreams?"

cking
or "melts in your pocket."

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
M&M's new slogan:

"Melts in your....dreams?"

laughing

The chocolate does melt, but at 122 degrees. So, it could be used in cooking. What are the possibilities?

debbiejo
Sounds disturbing to me...........I like things more the natural way.....

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Sounds disturbing to me...........I like things more the natural way.....

All they added was cornstarch.

debbiejo
ohhhhhh in that case.........oh tay........though I'm not a big chocolate eater.......unless it's Reeses Peanut Butter Cups>>> cool

Mindship
No, I wouldn't eat it. Heck, I'm still waiting for the discovery that Nutrasweet and Splenda cause genetic mutation.

silver_tears
Aspartame causes cancer in lab rats.

Im not a big chocolate eater either, but when I do eat it I like that it has the ability to melt in your mouth.

T.M
Thats nothing new... Flake.. the chocolate bar that has been out for many many years doesn't melt.

silver_tears
I've never even heard of Flake blink

Bloigen
Originally posted by T.M
Thats nothing new... Flake.. the chocolate bar that has been out for many many years doesn't melt.

Yeah but it crumbles all over the place.

Julie
provided it's not toxic and tastes like chocolate I'd eat it

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Chocolate that will not melt.

Would you eat it?

http://www.livescience.com/othernews/060714_tropical_chocolate.html

I guess it could be useful in certain situations, but I prefer my chocolate to act like chocolate. Just like the idea of cheese in a tube makes me feel icky.

Alliance
If it doesnt melt...how can it be chocolate???? It wont be all over my face sad

silver_tears
That just made it dirty ermm

Darth Jello
this is stupid. the sensual and flavorful nature of chocolate comes from the fact that it starts to melt at the same temperature as the human mouth

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
laughing

The chocolate does melt, but at 122 degrees. So, it could be used in cooking. What are the possibilities?

I guess it could be sold in places with high temperatures, packed in ration packs for people going to places with high temperatures.... Ummm so you could hold it in your hand for a long time with no melting?

Still, as far as innovations go (even there there was kind of unmelty chocolate before) it doesn't seem that crash hot.

lord xyz
I didn't even know there was a chocolate that didn't melt.

Darth Jello
this whole thing is like if kellog's put out frosted flakes that came out of the box soggy.

T.M
Originally posted by Bloigen
Yeah but it crumbles all over the place.

It does indeed...

Alliance
Originally posted by Darth Jello
this is stupid. the sensual and flavorful nature of chocolate comes from the fact that it starts to melt at the same temperature as the human mouth

Exactly...its be like eating really really old chocolate thats jsut crumbly.

Wonderer
If it indeed compares to "favorably with conventional milk chocolate in terms of color, taste, smoothness and overall acceptability." then I would probably eat it. Fortunately, we don't really have the melting problem over here, so this new concoction probably wouldn't end up here.

LiL_GuRL23
OMG I LOVE CHOCOLATE..ITS THE BEST HMMMMMMM.

LiL_GuRL23
hmmmmm

Darth Jello
hey, let's also make the chocolate odorless, and for people who don't like the taste of chocolate, let's develope a celery flavored chocolate!!! That'll sell in stores....

christ, chocolate is the perfect food in taste, smell, texture, and physiological secondary effects. It makes sex better, life more bearable, lowers cholesterol and works as a fantastic substitute for pot or absinthe. anyone who messes with the primary properties of chocolate, especially the melting point, is the same idiot who thinks people will buy strawberry Nesquick for 4 dollars at starbucks if you put it in a glass bottle and call it a strawberry frappe

LiL_GuRL23
Ok..I'm new here, wats new?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.