Legacy of the Force (novel discussion)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
This series kicked off with Betrayal....Bloodlines and Tempest will be out later this year.. have you read Betrayal?

What do you think of the series so far. and where will it be going from here?

Do you like what they've done with the characters: ie Jacen Solo, Jaina Solo, Wedge Antilles, Syal, etc

Escape81
Pellaeon owns. Just his minor parts were one of the major reasons that I purchased the book in the first place . . .

As for Betrayal, over all.

I liked that they added the twist about Vergere. How she managed to retain her purity and heart, despite being (at one time) one of the Emperor's "apprentices".

I especially loved how Lumiya said how she attempted to kill Sidious. Took balls.

And, last but not least, I love the subtle manipulation that Lumiya makes - even though I think she sucks in combat.

GM Nebaris
What? Lumiya is far more powerful than Sidious.

Escape81
Originally posted by GM Nebaris
What? Lumiya is far more powerful than Sidious.

Excuse me?

Go read Betrayal again. She's not even as powerful as Vader. Or did you not notice that she nearly had a heart attack in a Force push battle against Nelani?

Julie
That was weird...my computer just kicked me back a screen...anyway, Lumiya is definately up there with masters of deception and twisting words but actual combat....eh I wasn't impressed.

Lightsnake
Lumiya isn't nearly as strong as Palp or Vader...she's stagnated...sure, she's pretty tough, but nowhere near the level of Palpatine. The only guy she's really KILLED is Flint and he was her apprentice...

okay, I'll give her one helluva scheming mind, given that she was one of the triumvirate that poisoned Palpatine's final clone..and she and Carnor Jax wiped out the Prophets of the Dark Side (albeit, sneak attack when they were SEVERELY weakened)

Escape81
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Lumiya isn't nearly as strong as Palp or Vader...she's stagnated...sure, she's pretty tough, but nowhere near the level of Palpatine. The only guy she's really KILLED is Flint and he was her apprentice...

okay, I'll give her one helluva scheming mind, given that she was one of the triumvirate that poisoned Palpatine's final clone..and she and Carnor Jax wiped out the Prophets of the Dark Side (albeit, sneak attack when they were SEVERELY weakened)

I wonder where she developed the penchant for a scheming mind . . .

peterwiggin714
this was totally lame because with the arrival of the chosen one, the sith were supposed to have been wiped from the galaxy. The palpatine clones should never be counted as actual sith. as for the non-jedi cast, han has to be at least 80 by now, and jacen has to be about 50. that does not seem right considering he stormed centerpoint station alone (Ben Skywalker didnt have much combat.

Escape81
Originally posted by peterwiggin714
this was totally lame because with the arrival of the chosen one, the sith were supposed to have been wiped from the galaxy. The palpatine clones should never be counted as actual sith. as for the non-jedi cast, han has to be at least 80 by now, and jacen has to be about 50. that does not seem right considering he stormed centerpoint station alone (Ben Skywalker didnt have much combat.

I agree. Palpy + The Sith should have died at Endor and stayed dead.

I mean, hell. Even though Palpatine's dead, doesn't mean that his chapter's gotta be closed. Consider all the crap that, even thirty years or so after his death, resulted from the Empire.

That was ultimately his doing, the evil bastard.

Same for the Vong. I say the Vong was Palpy's fault.

HK69
Do you think this means that Anakin Skywalker just must have not been the chosen one? Or maybe there were aspects of the prophecy that the jedi misread.

xxxpoppunker182
anakin was the chosen one lucas said that... i don't know how they're going to explain how the sith come back but if they do lucas approved it atherwise this book series wouldn't be published. jacen can't be 50 luke as around 55 at this time boba is around 78 and han is like 68-70

big_gay_al
SOUNDS SHIT

Face
Well the comic version starts Knights of the old republic I would say there might be other Jedis and Dark knights with great powers but the strongest would be Sidius and Vader for they learnt the Darkside and teamed up.

Julie
well top of their game is all well and good but there are plenty of spaces for top dark siders during different eras of star wars history

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.