For the Love of God! Superman Returns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chase el
Im tired of reading that Superman Returns was a BAD movie. Im a HUGE superman fan and had even bigger expectations. Ive seen the movie 3 times now. Theres moments in that movie that make the hair on your neck stand on end. It was brilliantly directed. And selling 180 mil in its first 2 weeks or so isnt a success. Im tired of hearing "Planet of the Apes" Fanboys roam from discussion to discussion bashing a great movie. Bryan Singer actually accomplished doing a sequel... 20 years later. That is no easy feat im sorry.

Sure. The movie wasnt boasting too much action. It was a love story and it delivered on that aspect. The aspect Bryan Singer said he was aiming for. Spiderman didnt have that much action in his first film. All it did was create a bigger hype for the second film. Spiderman also benefited from 911 (actually all super hero movies did), a time when america needed some heroes (RIP to those fallen), fiction or real. Superman is following the formula from Spiderman.

No heads will be rolling at the WB. They are happy, almost 225 mil world wide. And apparently in the UK its breaking some records. It will make its 250 million dollar budget back before it hits DVDs. People on here are throwing out numbers left and right, saying it needs to hit 600 mil worldwide to make its money back... nah, sorry. This movie was a success. and on a SUPERMAN board, we should celebrate in its success.

Anyone who honestly thinks this movie was bad, is on some crack from Krypton. Although i could have done with a different lois lane. Spacey was ON POINT. Routh i think did a phenomenal job as superman. But as Clark i think he needs to stop acting like Christopher Reeve and grow his own identity, which im more than positive he will. This series will only get better.

I give the movie an 85. Like i said, the casting choice for Lois Lane was horrid. And they needed to touch more on his visit to Kypton. Other than that, as a true superman fanboy, the movie hit on all cylinders. I applaud Bryan Singer.

redcaped
I give the movie 100 and all to Bryan Singer...not because I want my type of sequel after this one but just thank him for bringing my favorite the right way this time...I love this Superman because the actor has the real physic and his costume is much better than the comic book. Lois Lane is very pretty and I'm pleased that she plays the part. The kid (S'son) looks great and special. And to be honest with you, I get the feeling that this movie SR has some of my ideas...I call it "magical"

redcaped
His visit to Krypton is the key I used for the sequel I want after this one. As we all know the Phantom Zone runs amok. In old part 2 we see it reaching Earth by itself but my idea is that it uses S as a beckon all the way to Earth. It is not because it comes from me, but honestly I think is plain great.

Paranoid Pyro
About SR, I saw it for the second time yesterday. And even though I loved it the first time, this time I wasn't as impressed by it. Well maybe it was because the first time I went with my best friend and we were both quiet, and yesterday I went with a couple of friends who talked a lot and distracted me. I think I'll rent it before I decide to buy the DVD.

.Dance_Inside.
yeah I love Superman Returns...I'm probably seeing it again today 4th time embarrasment
and it is more of a love story...the action and sound editing was awesome...I can't believe people didn't like it. It is entertaining.

roughrider
I knew I liked it the first time, but I wasn't sure how much - I left the theatre wondering about some things here and there. By the second viewing, it all came together for me better. I've seen it four times now, and I will go again to see it in a DLP Theatre.

redcaped
dvd is better than a bootleg (funny disk) not boot or leg from Supes.

SupezM'
I really enjoyed SR myself, but it didnt blow me away like I thought it would. I suppose its because they were just trying to breathe life back into the Superhero, I imagine that the sequel will be much more entertaining.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.