World Devastator vs. Executor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
One World Devastator (seen in Dark Enpire and the video game Rogue Squadron) vs. the Executor (Darth Vader's Super Star Destroyer, seen in ESB and ROTJ). I think this should be close, the World Devastator's were seen as more powerful than the Death Star, but that was all of them put together, not a single one. But a single one has proved very strong, destroying standard Star Destroyer's on it's own. So where I have no doubt that eitehr Death Star could take one out, what about the Executor?

http://starwars.wikia.com/images/6/65/World_Dev.jpg

vs.

http://starwars.wikia.com/images/thumb/2/20/SW_Executor_01.jpg/800px-SW_Executor_01.jpg

darthsith19
Right now I'm leaning with the World Devastator. It's defenses seemed much stronger than the Executor's - an A-Wing destroyed the Executor's Shield's and finished it off and the much stronger V-Wing's were unable to penetrate the World Devastator's. And if the World Devastator gets above the Executor and uses it's but city-destroying super weapon the Executor's screwed. But then again, the Executor has a super laser that destroyed Xizor's skyhook so if if gets the Devastator with that then the Devastator's a goner.

Blaxican Hydra
I was leaning toward the Devastator as well.

Captain REX
The Executor doesn't have a superlaser...it destroyed the Skyhook with a powerful barrage of well-aimed fire, from the looks of it. That, or the Skyhook had the weakest shields ever.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Captain REX
The Executor doesn't have a superlaser...it destroyed the Skyhook with a powerful barrage of well-aimed fire, from the looks of it. That, or the Skyhook had the weakest shields ever.
The novel said that the Executor destroyed it with it's superlaser.

Escape81
Originally posted by darthsith19
The novel said that the Executor destroyed it with it's superlaser.

The Eclipse has a super laser . . . I don't think the Executor did . . .

Captain REX
Indeed...

darthsith19
Never mind, it was a powerful beam strobe that destroyed Xizor's Skyhook.

DE Luke
The Executor goes down faster than a cheating husband on Jerry Springer.

Rampant ox
The Executor was destroyed by a rogue A-Wing. So all the Devastator has to do is destroy the shields and aim for the bridge. Although I could be wrong - I know very little about the Devastator...

darthsith19
Originally posted by Rampant ox
The Executor was destroyed by a rogue A-Wing. So all the Devastator has to do is destroy the shields and aim for the bridge. Although I could be wrong - I know very little about the Devastator...
Probably, yeah, but the Executor won't just be sitting still during this time. I mean, it doesn't sport more than 5,000 turbolasers and ion cannons just for looks.

Tangible God
What's the quality and quantity of the long range weapons on the Devastor? Cause if they match the Executor or are close enough, it wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.