Qui-gon, Obi ROTS, and Anakin ROts vs. Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JaehSkywalker
dunno if this has been done already...

if my pairing sucks, sorry...

what do you think?

darthsith19
The trio for sure. Each member of that trio is way above average. Obi-Wan and Anakin together managed to take down Dooku, who's nearly as strong as Yoda, so the two of them alone should be able to at least put up a good fight against Yoda, maybe even win. Adding Qui-Gon in guarantee's their win. Yoda's the strongest of the 3 but with all 3 of them fighting him at once he'd be lucky to get Obi-Wan down with the Force like Dooku did. Even if he did manage to Anakin and Qui-Gon together would probably be more than he could pull off - he'd be spinning like crazy, even if he did manage to defeat Qui-Gon he'd be far to tired to beat Anakin, who seems to have the most energy out of anyone in the sega and would probably hardly even be tired.

So the trio wins, 50/50 chance that Obi-Wan gets knocked out but not killed, 50/50 chance that Qui-Gon dies.

Swirly Girl
Originally posted by darthsith19 The trio for sure. Each member of that trio is way above average.

Indeed. But since when was that a guaranteed victory? Fisto, Tinn and Kolar were all above average, but they got firmly raped by Sidious.

Together? No, I remember Kenobi getting himself levitated into the air and crushed underneath a metal platform. Anakin did all the work.

No, in a lightsabre fight; Anakin took Dooku. Kenobi was rendered unconscious. They won't put up a nice fight; they'll get butchered.

Can you hear nonsense?

Why? Why can't Yoda just toss them aside like ragdolls? Dart away for a second, then slam them into the wall or ground?

Indeed, he will be spinning like crazy. But why will they both be too much for him to pull off? Go on, why?

Hardly even tired? Yeah, just stop with the nonsense. And how would taking down Jinn tire him so much?

No, your entire argument is based on your own suppositions and unsubstantiated facts. Qui-Gon and Skywalker won't blend well together, and it's doubtful that they'll be able to get at Yoda at the same time. Whereas Yoda is all of their superiors in lightsabre combat and far more harder to actually hit.

Rampant ox
Close, but I say the trio takes this. In ROTS the combined skill of Anakin and Obi-Wan toppled Count Dooku. The same Count Dooku who went toe to toe with Yoda and survived. Now I understand that Yoda fights completely different etc but the same thing is going to happen to Yoda that happened to Dooku. He is going to get tired.

Ataru uses extreme amounts of energy, possibly more in Yodas case because of his force aided flips and jumps. Our beloved Soresu master uses minimum energy. After fighting with just one opponent, Count Dooku, we saw Yoda panting for breath. Now times the number of opponents by three and Yoda is going to be stuffed. Sure, Yoda might be able to defeat one, maybe two of the opponents, but he wont have enough physical energy to defeat all three. Especially at once.

The lightsaber styles are also against Yoda. He is fighting Obi-Wan the Soresu master. As we all know Soresu draws the fight out as long as possible. this is definetly bad news for our green friend. And then there is Anakins style, Djem So, which is known for its physical brute strength. Again, not good for Yoda. Im not sure what effect Qui-Gons Ataru style is going to have though. However it is another saber Yoda is going to have to block.

So as good as Yoda is, he physically is unable to compete with two reasonably fit young men and a powerful (but not so young) Qui-Gon.

Swirly Girl
Originally posted by Rampant ox Close, but I say the trio takes this. In ROTS the combined skill of Anakin and Obi-Wan toppled Count Dooku. The same Count Dooku who went toe to toe with Yoda and survived. Now I understand that Yoda fights completely different etc but the same thing is going to happen to Yoda that happened to Dooku. He is going to get tired.

WTF? Show some consistency, please. In the other thread you were saying that Anakin and Kenobi basically got luck, now you're saying that they toppled Dooku?

Indeed. This is true.

Indeed.

Panting for breath? I can't remember him panting for breath.

No.

Why not? He's a veritable titan in the force, and since when did he need physical energy? He can use the force to strengthen his strikes and blows.

Yes, it might draw the fight out a little further. But I think you're overemphasing it's effects. Soresu is effectively outclassed when it comes to extreme offense, and Yoda's experience in dueling.

No, because not only is Anakin going to have a heck of a time trying to hit Yoda; he's also inferior to the Jedi Master. Yoda can strengthen himself with the force too.

It's means less cohesiveness and effectiveness.

GM Nebaris
I think Yoda would likely take this. He and Qui-Gon both utilise Ataru, one of the most overwhelming offensive forms there are, so their forms would likely clash, but Yoda is imo far greater with his style then Qui-Gon and would likely be able to take Jinn out extremely quickly. The same goes for Anakin, but not as quickly for two reasons:

1. Anakin is imo a greater swordsman then Qui-Gon was.
2. While Schien and Ataru are both extremely offensive overwhelming forms, they are also very different in many ways, for example Schien seems to utilise defence (mildly) as well as offence and one of its key features is the ability to counter the opponents strikes and channel defence into offence, while Ataru seems to be 100% offence. Thus, the forms wouldn't clash as much and you can hope for a slightly longer battle.

Obi-Wan would likely last the longest due to his form and skill, but Yoda would still probably take him down.

And while it seems that I may have not considered the fact that all three opponents would be attacking Yoda at once and it wouldn't be as simple as individually taking out each opponent, Yoda is very experienced and would likely be able to orchestrate such a battle to his advantage, and while defence is a key aspect of this battle, Ataru users may generally be weak defensively, but yoda's defence is almost flawless (due to his mastery, size and speed).

darthsith19

Darth Sexy
Why don't you guys think about this one for a second. In theory those 3 should be able to take Yoda. The 3 that got tooled by Sidious were nobodys, I don't care what anybody thinks about them being powerful, they were average Jedi at best. And Obiwan and Anakin did NOT take down Dooku, Anakin in the end took down Dooku.. Now you have 3 vs. 1. Obiwan's form is primarily for defense. Now either Anakin or Qui Gonn's forms require some amount of room. You are not going to have 3 people simultaneously bashing Yoda, it would be more of a 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 1 while 1 sits back. We all know the quickness of Yoda here. Assuming there is perfect cohesiveness, I could see the trio taking it. At the same time, I doubt all 3 would be able to attack him at once, so Yoda would plow through them 1 by 1, starting with Qui Gonn, then Obiwan, and after a hard fought battle with Anakin he would come out the victor.

((The_Anomaly))
Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan AND Anakin vs. Yoda?

Yoda is good, he'd beat any of these 3 one on one, but against all 3 he goes down hard. These 3 could take on most anyone and win.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))

Yoda is good, he'd beat any of these 3 one on one, but against all 3 he goes down hard. These 3 could take on most anyone and win.

On most anyone?

Let me try since you think they could take on almost anyone

Dooku+Sidous+Yoda
Dooku+Sidious+Mace
Dooku+Mace+Yoda
Sidious+Mace+Yoda

And that's just from the PT era and that's just theoretically.. Read my previous post.

Swirly Girl
Originally posted by darthsith19
Kenobi helped at the beginning. He helped tire Dooku out.

How? In less than thirty seconds of actual combat, Kenobi managed to tire out Dooku; the master of Makashi; a form designed to be efficient and conserve energy in combat? Puh-lease.

Because the three don't blend well together! Neither of the three are cohesive enough to fight effectively in this battle.

And since when will the three be able to act cohesively enought to do that? And the Purge fight was them tossing rubble at Vader. Not force pushing or attacking in the force. Which the Jedi have never been observed to do.

By using his natural agility? By relying on the fact that he's vastly superior to either of these three? Or the fact that neither of the trio are going to blend well in combat?

Lol. And since when will these three blend well together?

No. My entire argument is based on the fact that neither of the trio are going to blend well together or act cohesively enough to fight effectively against Yoda.

Is that the Ultimate Showdown?

No. He's going to do it whilst relying on the fact that none of the three blend well together in combat, and using that factor to his advantage.

That could happen. Unlikely that they wouldn't just go into combat straight away. But it doesn't rely on the fact that Yoda's no fool and isn't going to let them barrage him with the force whilst the trio attack him.

I know. He shouldn't have attacked Yoda.

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by Swirly Girl
Indeed. But since when was that a guaranteed victory? Fisto, Tinn and Kolar were all above average, but they got firmly raped by Sidious.

Together? No, I remember Kenobi getting himself levitated into the air and crushed underneath a metal platform. Anakin did all the work.

No, in a lightsabre fight; Anakin took Dooku. Kenobi was rendered unconscious. They won't put up a nice fight; they'll get butchered.

Can you hear nonsense?

I agree full heartedly. smile

Why? Why can't Yoda just toss them aside like ragdolls? Dart away for a second, then slam them into the wall or ground?

Indeed, he will be spinning like crazy. But why will they both be too much for him to pull off? Go on, why?

Hardly even tired? Yeah, just stop with the nonsense. And how would taking down Jinn tire him so much?

No, your entire argument is based on your own suppositions and unsubstantiated facts. Qui-Gon and Skywalker won't blend well together, and it's doubtful that they'll be able to get at Yoda at the same time. Whereas Yoda is all of their superiors in lightsabre combat and far more harder to actually hit.

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))

Lets use comparisons Kit Fisto is on a similar level as Kenobi and Kenobi is on the same level as Ani. All of the above will defeat Qui-Gon. Now in a few seconds ROTS Sids floored Kit with Mace's help. And we all know ROTS Sids=ROTS Yoda. Without someone like Mace to assist them The Trio is DOOMED big grin

Darth Sexy
Actually ROTS Yoda>ROTS Sidous but barely.

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
Actually ROTS Yoda>ROTS Sidous but barely.

True however you see my point right. wink

GM Nebaris
It's a very illogical argument.

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by GM Nebaris
It's a very illogical argument.
Yoda will kill all three by quickly killing Ginn and knocking out Kenobi. Afterwards killing Ani smile

Ushgarak
Swirly girl, there are clear rules on bad language in this forum. Do not post pics containing it again.

Darth Sexy
How is it an illogical argument Nebaris? Do you even understand the random text you spew out to attempt to sound intelligent?

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
On most anyone?

Let me try since you think they could take on almost anyone

Dooku+Sidous+Yoda
Dooku+Sidious+Mace
Dooku+Mace+Yoda
Sidious+Mace+Yoda

And that's just from the PT era and that's just theoretically.. Read my previous post.
He means those 3 together could take out almost any one person alone. Not those 3 could take on most other teams of 3.

Did I ever say Obi-Wan tiired out Dooku? No, I said he helped tire him out. Anakin and Obi-Wan together tired Dooku out. Ask Sorgo, he's the one who provided proof to me that Dooku got tired in that battle. he version of the script that he posted for me stated that Dooku and kenobi were getting tired but Anakin wasn't.

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon together arn't cohesive? Anakin and Obi-Wan arn't cohesive? Their master and apprentice, of course their cohesive! And they don't have to atatck him all at once, Anakin could take him alone and then when Yoda gained the upper hand back off and Kenobi and Qui-Gon could fight Yoda while Anakin had a break and eventually Yoda would get tired.

Those 3, being master/apprentice and all being friend's would work betetr together than the 3 Jedi in Purge, who had never met until a few minutes earlier, would. And you say Jedi have never been seen to atatck with the Force? Have you seen the beginning of the Yoda vs. Sidious duel?

Vastly superior? Lol, nho, he's not vastly superior to Anakin. And they will blend well togetehr in combat, they trained each other and have been fighting together for many wears and even in a war together.

Since they've been fighting together for like 13 years.

Even though they've been fighting together for the entire life's?

if you've seen it you will have seen that Yoda was panting after his duel with Dooku.

Yoda can't block Force attack's from two powerful Jedi Master's while engaged with another Jedi who's already close to him as far as saber skills go.

Sidious broke Yoda's defenses. What's your comment have to do with that fact?

No. Kit is far insuperior to Obi-Wan and Anakin. Obi-Wan and Kit were equal 1 year after AOTC and by ROTS Obi-Wan's gotten much stronger.

Unlikely that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon will just stand there and let Yoda do that. And Qui-Gon, Obi-wan and Anakin are far stronger than Kit, Agen and Saesee, even Traya will agree with me on that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.