The Flaming Lips

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
Great band, but there doesnt seem to be a thread according to the cr@p new search function, personally i prefer the earlier stuff, but the new album is solid, any one else have an opinion on this band?

Best songs : She Dont Use Jelly, Waiting For Superman, Race for the Prize, Turn it On, and some others i cant rememebr the name of right now, also I have the Fearless Freaks Doc, which is great, very interesting and strangely touching, and I certainly enjoy Wayne touching me strangely, anyone seen the documentary.

tabby999
i havn't bought any of their albums yet but i'm more than eager to, i'm kinda bummed i didn't see them at Big Day Out but i'm sure i'll get a chance to see them. i've listened to some of their stuff through my friend and its all been good so far, i'd say i was a fan

ESP07
Nope, wouldnt piss on them if they were on fire.

Deathblow
Absolutely superb band. I have just about everything they've ever done, and it's very hard to find weak areas in their material. I like At War With the Mystics a lot, but the otherworldly classic that is Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots is their greatest achievement in my eyes. Along with Grandaddy, they are the best band my dad has ever got me in to.

Check out Mercury Rev if you haven't already, Lips fans. Jonathan Donahue sounds a lot like Wayne and they pack the same kind of spacey psychadelia, just a little more chilled out.

Alpha Centauri
Everything in that lighter area of rock just seems boring after Grandaddy.

-AC

Deathblow
I don't know, most of Grandaddy's stuff alone is kinda dwarfed by He's Simple..., to me that song is just out of this world fantastic, by far their best moment. Well, his, I guess it should be.

Alpha Centauri
I think they've produced much greater, or at least equal, songs in their following albums and EP.

-AC

Deathblow
Not for me, not really. That song really strikes a chord with me for some reason.

papabeard
I like Grandaddy but the singer just cribbed Wayne Coynes vocal style

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.