x-men or spider man?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

magnuslives
who do you like better- x-men or spiderman? and if you are in the uk- do you think they should share a comic?

magnuslives
i voted for the x-men- sorry to spiderman lovers out there

Black Adam
spidey.

never really cared for anything x related except x-factor.

Darth Vicious
X-men, more variety.

Grimm22
Spidey

Sure Clone Saga, Sins Past and the other sucked, but thats not nearly as bad as the crap that X-men pulls out big grin

HellMaster93
X-Men. and of course X-Men and spidey should be separate in the UK! They already share an Ultimate CE! Howver, currently Essentil's kinda crap w/ the WEIRD Here Comes Tommrrow and the yet weirder Prisoner of fire or w/e (a shitty X-Teme Claremont arc!)...

Mr.V
Originally posted by HellMaster93
X-Men. and of course X-Men and spidey should be separate in the UK! They already share an Ultimate CE! Howver, currently Essentil's kinda crap w/ the WEIRD Here Comes Tommrrow and the yet weirder Prisoner of fire or w/e (a shitty X-Teme Claremont arc!)...

Yeah, I've dropped every UK comic, they're just way too far behind and it's very annoying. I have to get them from either the internet or comics stores quite a way away, quite annoying confused But i'd rather that then any of the rubbish I'd have to put up to if i was to stick with the normal Uk comics.

on topic X-men, never cared for spidey and well.. no expression Mutants rock! big grin

HellMaster93
rock Boo yah! rock

Jade Lightning
Spidey- best character marvel has to offer at this point. X-men repeats the same story archs over and over with trivial changes--- oh no, people are mad at mutants, someone wants to kill all the mutants, the government doesn't like mutants. Whereas spiderman's story changes and evolves- sometimes for the worste- but still changing. For whoever said X-men had more variety, I disagree, unless you are talking about how many team mates they recruit, seems like 6 or 7 every year.

Spideys Sister
Originally posted by Jade Lightning
Spidey- best character marvel has to offer at this point. X-men repeats the same story archs over and over with trivial changes--- oh no, people are mad at mutants, someone wants to kill all the mutants, the government doesn't like mutants. Whereas spiderman's story changes and evolves- sometimes for the worste- but still changing. For whoever said X-men had more variety, I disagree, unless you are talking about how many team mates they recruit, seems like 6 or 7 every year. Nuff said. Sure you have more main characters but Spidey has God knows how many different arcs and series currently running. I can say, worldwide... roughly aroung 70 ongoing series and miniseries. More people can relate which grabs more attention than others. Where X-Men, as said before, is a repatition of the same theme repeated numerous times. "They're mutants trying to prove there's nothing to be afraid of about mutants while saving the world on occasion and running around looking for more mutants to repeat the process."

Face it. Overall with quality and quanity... Spidey comes in first place in both choices. If it wasn't true I wouldn't post it.

--SS

HellMaster93
Hmm... now I don't know if I really think the X-Guys are better... sad

H. S. 6
Spider-Man takes it. X-Men books are, for the most part, a mess. Too many characters are exactly the same, personality wise, and their stories are repeated over, and over, and over (as formerly stated). How many times has Jean Grey died? How many times has Magneto's plans been foiled?

Peter's the average Joe that nearly everybody is/works with, something so they can relate to him. Spider-Man simply much more dynamic.

magnuslives
did any of you guys know that, even though spiderman is its 'most popular' character, the x-men were marvels financial saviour with giant size #1 it was once said that if it was a separate franchise it would be more successful than DC or Marvel!

magnuslives
i think spidey stories are slightly confusing and i don'like the artwork- i mean, the x-men had mark silvestre- the mans a legend to us x-fans and i don't even know if spiderman has had any great artists- or i would know

magnuslives
i think the ultimate spiderman game is great though, and venom is pretty cool

magnuslives
Originally posted by HellMaster93

i meant the ultimate CE roll eyes (sarcastic)

willRules
Originally posted by magnuslives
and if you are in the uk- do you think they should share a comic?

I prefer it the way it is with Astonishing spidey and Essential x-men smile

willRules
i meant the ultimate CE roll eyes (sarcastic)

oh right smile I just buy them in trade paperback instead of getting our English version which is too behind for my liking.

However astonishing spidey is great at the moment with its marvel knights arc. its a shame that's coming to an end to make way for things like sins past sad

willRules
did any of you guys know that, even though spiderman is its 'most popular' character, the x-men were marvels financial saviour with giant size #1 it was once said that if it was a separate franchise it would be more successful than DC or Marvel!

yes Drawn by my favourite artist, Jim Lee big grin

Black Adam
and i don't even know if spiderman has had any great artists

though i don't like his art(I seem to be in the minority here) John Romita jr I do like his fathers work better thought John Romita Sr.

there also Todd McFarlane.

Terry Dodson

Mark Bagley

thats all I can think of at the moment.

willRules
I think Terry Dodsons work is great, and the bloke who drew sins past (shame about the storyline on that one)

H. S. 6
Originally posted by willRules
I think Terry Dodsons work is great, and the bloke who drew sins past (shame about the storyline on that one)

I believe that was Deodato. He's really good, a majority of the time. yes

Rewmac
X-Men (only for Colossus appearences) and yeah of course when Wolvie gets owned. As for Spidey I liked the Clone Saga.

magnuslives
Originally posted by Black Adam
though i don't like his art(I seem to be in the minority here) John Romita jr I do like his fathers work better thought John Romita Sr.

there also Todd McFarlane.

Terry Dodson

Mark Bagley

thats all I can think of at the moment.

some of them have worked on x-men as well

magnuslives

which colosuss- ultimate or 616?

X-Logan
X-Men

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
X-men, more variety. cosigned.

Black Adam

and most of the x-artist have worked on other Marvel titles including Spider-man at one point or another......

so.......What were talking about again?

magnuslives
and most of the x-artist have worked on other Marvel titles including Spider-man at one point or another......

so.......What were talking about again?

the fact that x-men has had mark silvestre work for them and other great artists- but it doesn't matter right now. if you saw one of my earlier posts you would know that it was suggested that if x-men was spawned as a seperate corporation it would have sold better than marvel or DC stick out tongue

Black Adam
the fact that x-men has had mark silvestre work for them and other great artists- but it doesn't matter right now. if you saw one of my earlier posts you would know that it was suggested that if x-men was spawned as a seperate corporation it would have sold better than marvel or DC stick out tongue

might have been the case years ago...

like most other comics mutant titles don't sell as well as they used to. solo x-men titles except for wolverine sell even worse.

Scoobless
who do you like better- x-men or spiderman? and if you are in the uk- do you think they should share a comic?

I buy two or three Spider-Man titles... no X-Men titles (some X-related stuff, Wolverine, Cable & Deadpool, Exiles - though that's getting less X-oriented all the time... thankfully).... and none of the British reprint stuff

magnuslives
might have been the case years ago...

like most other comics mutant titles don't sell as well as they used to. solo x-men titles except for wolverine sell even worse.

i don't really care- x-men win it hands down for me- there is way more variety than spiderman, i mean, all spiderman has is spidergirl, maryjane and different names of spiderman titles that are just the same. whereas x-men have astonishing x-men, new x-men, x-men, uncanny x-men, x-factor, excalibur, exiles, wolverine and wolverineembarrasmentrigins. no offence, but you shouldn't really have a black adam sig/avatar if you like spiderman SO much

Black Adam
i don't really care- x-men win it hands down for me- there is way more variety than spiderman, i mean, all spiderman has is spidergirl, maryjane and different names of spiderman titles that are just the same. whereas x-men have astonishing x-men, new x-men, x-men, uncanny x-men, x-factor, excalibur, exiles, wolverine and wolverineembarrasmentrigins. no offence, but you shouldn't really have a black adam sig/avatar if you like spiderman SO much

exiles and X-factor are the only good things in a sea of meh.

and I have a Multiple man sig not a Black Adam sig.

H. S. 6

And Astonishing.

But besides those, the X-books are terrible right now. erm

magnuslives

MULTIPLE MAN then. like i said, you shouldn't really have a sig like that if you're SUCH a big spidey fan

willRules
I own about 3 or 4 issues of Nightwing and about 500 issues of spidey (Amongst hundreds of other stuff) but I have a Nightwing sig, what's the big deal?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by H. S. 6
And Astonishing.

But besides those, the X-books are terrible right now. erm I liked Brubaker's Authority, so he might be able to make Uncanny readable... but Claremont is taking over Exiles... my poor Blink... sad

Black Adam
MULTIPLE MAN then. like i said, you shouldn't really have a sig like that if you're SUCH a big spidey fan

I like madrox....So I'm going to have a MM sig.

Liking one character doesn't restrict you to just having that character only in your sig.

Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to have this kick ass Captain cold sig

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/4498/pittmancaptcoldue2.jpg
smile

pr1983
I'd have to go for x-men... i've nothing against spidey, i just identify with some x characters better than i do with spidey...

X-Men nowadays is largely cack... the only exception being Astonishing... Brubakers Uncanny has promise, though the cast itself doesn't interest me greatly... and that art... sweet jesus...

Chris Claremont and Bachalo should be flown up into space and f*cked out of an airlock... the only way to be sure they never tarnish x-men again... especially claremont... he used to be the king... now he uses x-men as some strange masturbatory aid... sick

Black Adam
Originally posted by pr1983
I'd have to go for x-men... i've nothing against spidey, i just identify with some x characters better than i do with spidey...

X-Men nowadays is largely cack... the only exception being Astonishing... Brubakers Uncanny has promise, though the cast itself doesn't interest me greatly... and that art... sweet jesus...

Chris Claremont and Bachalo should be flown up into space and f*cked out of an airlock... the only way to be sure they never tarnish x-men again... especially claremont... he used to be the king... now he uses x-men as some strange masturbatory aid... sick

what are your opinions on Pad and x-factor?

pr1983
what are your opinions on Pad and x-factor?

X-factor (what i read in the comic shop) seems ok, pad?

Black Adam
Originally posted by pr1983
X-factor (what i read in the comic shop) seems ok, pad?

Peter David.

pr1983
oh, he's ok... he wrote alot of star trek books a while back, he's pretty solid from what i've seen...

magnuslives
don't be ignorant punks people, look back for older threads why has no one come here for about three months?

Soljer
Spiderman is more well written. It has better plot lines, and is more emotionally involving.

X-men has a superior variety and freshness to it, since Mutants are so widespread.

I'd still say Spiderman is superior, overall, though.

Tha C-Master
Well the mutants were better when they weren't so common and the same old thing, but they are getting reduced in numbers anyways.

masterkit
GO X-MEN

Entity
If you mean as in story and character quality, Spiderman is THE MAN
But if you are refuring to the coolness of their deversity and powers and out of nowhere storylines, X-Men are awsome.

But all and all Spiderman is THE MAN
No character will ever measure up to what he is, and the only way they ever could is if they were a total ****ing ripoff of the original wallcrawler

Murda Ma$e
Spidey. Astonishing X-Men is my fav comic right now though.

Dinalfos
How the hell can you compare a team to an individual? The X-men form a great concept, but the real comparison is between Spidey and individual mutants. Spidey wins, because he's (imo) the greatest Marvel character, but The X-men have some of the best as well.

magnuslives
Originally posted by Entity
If you mean as in story and character quality, Spiderman is THE MAN
But if you are refuring to the coolness of their deversity and powers and out of nowhere storylines, X-Men are awsome.

But all and all Spiderman is THE MAN
No character will ever measure up to what he is, and the only way they ever could is if they were a total ****ing ripoff of the original wallcrawler

but wouldn't people hate it if it was a rip-off?

magnuslives
Originally posted by Dinalfos
How the hell can you compare a team to an individual? The X-men form a great concept, but the real comparison is between Spidey and individual mutants. Spidey wins, because he's (imo) the greatest Marvel character, but The X-men have some of the best as well.

WHAT?!? i'm not comparing individual mutants to spidey or the teams i'm comparing everything else though, if you know what i mean

Rewmac
X-Men. I think they got better stories and a lot of unique people with different powers. The stories are colorful enough. I like it.

Omega-level
X-men. More variety of characters, better stories overall.

magnuslives
can more people, like new members, post their views please?

spidey-dude
i voted for the x-men- sorry to spiderman lovers out there crybaby

DigiMark007
do you think they should share a comic?

What the f**k?

I'd burn JQ if this happened.

pr1983
Originally posted by DigiMark007
What the f**k?

I'd burn JQ if this happened.

an astonishing crossover with spidey doesnt appeal to you?

now that you mention it... messed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.