Superman Blue vs. Polaris

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General Kon-El
Who would win? This is in New York City.

Grimm22
Superman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Polaris no expression

Soleran
Yes why would someone put Superman Blue up against a 2nd or even 3rd tier energy manipulator....................................Blue, Blue your my boy!

Grimm22
Polaris = 2nd String Magneto

Supes >>>>>> Magneto no expression

General Kon-El
ohh my bad i didnt realize this was that bad of a thread. sorry ahahah laughing

UniOmni
Correction.....Magneto >>>>>>Superman. He owns the guy.

Grimm22
Originally posted by UniOmni
Correction.....Magneto >>>>>>Superman. He owns the guy.

Care to explain how no expression

Supes kills him before Mags can do anything wink

UniOmni
Speedblitz is his only option. Barring that, everything Superman does, is within Magnetos power to control. Its like Hydroman fighting Aquaman with the Waterhand. Bad business.

General Kon-El
Why? What makes Magneto so powerful? What else can he do besides controlling magnetism?

ExodusCloak
Speedblitz is his only option. Barring that, everything Superman does, is within Magnetos power to control. Its like Hydroman fighting Aquaman with the Waterhand. Bad business.

Doesn't Mags always start a battle off with his shields?

Grimm22
Supes can definitly take down Mag's sheilds no expression

Seriously Mag's sheilds arent that powerful...

Or Supes just uses heat vision shifty

batdude123
Originally posted by Grimm22

You're an idiot if you believe that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ExodusCloak
Supes can definitly take down Mag's sheilds no expression

Or Supes just uses heat vision shifty

Read the Battle 3 thread above...Mags' Shield ain't coming down especially when it would just absorb his Heat Vision empowering the shield even more and Repel any Physical Force Supes exerts on it via charge.

Kudos to the Tourney Battlers.

Soleran
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Read the Battle 3 thread above...Mags' Shield ain't coming down especially when it would just absorb his Heat Vision empowering the shield even more and Repel any Physical Force Supes exerts on it via charge.

Kudos to the Tourney Battlers.

Heat isn't really good for magnetism................

Grimm22
Originally posted by batdude123
You're an idiot if you believe that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

...when you compare them to sheilds such as Dooms big grin

FOOLED YOU! laughing

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Soleran
Heat isn't really good for magnetism................

Electromagnetism.

batdude123
...when you compare them to sheilds such as Dooms big grin

FOOLED YOU! laughing

Magneto's shields>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Doom's shields

Grimm22
If Mags trys to rip the iron from his blood he cant penetrage his skin no expression

and its doubtful that he would able to pierce a vein either big grin

Heck Supes's blood is probobly to powerful stick out tongue

Grimm22
hambuckets

Grimm22
Magneto's shields>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Doom's shields

Doom's sheilds withstood an attack that KO'ed the Galactus no expression

Grimm22
woops double post stick out tongue

batdude123
If Mags trys to rip the iron from his blood he cant penetrage his skin no expression

and its doubtful that he would able to pierce a vein either big grin

Heck Supes's blood is probobly to powerful stick out tongue

There are like a million things that Magneto can do to kill somebody; ripping the iron out of the body is just one thing. wink

batdude123
Doom's sheilds withstood an attack that KO'ed the Galactus no expression

Yeah, and Magneto has shielded himself and the X-Men from an attack from Big G himself.

Grimm22
Yeah, and Magneto has shielded himself and the X-Men from an attack from Big G himself.

When have the X-men ever faced Galactus What the f**k?

Oh and if thats true its retarted no expression

Soleran
Electromagnetism.

I'm no scientist so I'll just stick by my original discussion and say Blue>Polaris.

batdude123
When have the X-men ever faced Galactus What the f**k?

Oh and if thats true its retarted no expression

What, and Doom's feat isn't? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grimm22
What, and Doom's feat isn't? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Actually he didnt take the full brunt of the blast but still no expression

batdude123
Actually he didnt take the full brunt of the blast but still no expression

Uh huh, I knew that wasn't the full story. stick out tongue

ExodusCloak
Electrically charged particles are great for magentism!

Particles that are just heated to an excited state aren't so great for magnetism!

Induction heating does use magentism but it doesn't mean its a high strength magentic attraction.......................

Yep you're right Heat kills magnetism but Magneto isn't any ordinary magnet. Heat consists of so many energy wavelengths most of which lie in the Electromagnetic Spectrum one example being infared energy, Magneto manipulates the entire electromagnetic spectrum, so his shield would be set to just absorb the energy.

Yep and Superman Blue kicks the crap out of Pestilence.

I can't find the Magneto vs Superman thread that demigawd won.

UniOmni
He can do what Superman did with a blink, ie temporarily seal a rift in time and space, if all thats required is a significant amount of static electricity.
He can create wormholes, nigh unbreakable shields, and has bonafide psychic defenses, without the helmet. More than just the cop out of willpower.
Can generate blasts capable of decimating mountains.
Can affect the poles of the planet.
Can render people braindead, well could, since he can manipulate the electric synapses in brains.

Can possibly create blackholes.

Can prevent him from taking those "Solar shakes". IE, solar rays.
Shields up, and they nullify all his powers.

How can he not own the guy?

Soleran
Yep but heat consists of so many wavelengths most of which lie in the Electromagnetic Spectrum one example being infared energy, Magneto manipulates the entire electromagnetic spectrum, so his shield would be set to just absorb the energy.

Sounds good to me, thanks! smile

Grimm22
Uh huh, I knew that wasn't the full story. stick out tongue

Hey its still a hell of a lot better than Mags taking an attack from freakin Galactus What the f**k?

ExodusCloak
Sounds good to me, thanks! smile

You're welcome smile, and I found it:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=337088&perpage=20&highlight=magneto+vs+superman+forumid%3A77&pagenumber=1

batdude123
He can do what Superman did with a blink, ie temporarily seal a rift in time and space, if all thats required is a significant amount of static electricity.
He can create wormholes, nigh unbreakable shields, and has bonafide psychic defenses, without the helmet. More than just the cop out of willpower.
Can generate blasts capable of decimating mountains.
Can affect the poles of the planet.
Can render people braindead, well could, since he can manipulate the electric synapses in brains.

Can possibly create blackholes.

Can prevent him from taking those "Solar shakes". IE, solar rays.
Shields up, and they nullify all his powers.

How can he not own the guy?

No kidding. I'm tired of the lack of respect Magneto gets around here.

Sea King

me to

Grimm22

pft..

Its not that I dont respect Magneto its just that I respect Doom a lot more cool

UniOmni
I will say this though.
Superman is uber as a brick, the guy who sets the brute standard. But Magneto is poison to bricks.
And for the record, Supermans hv isn't actually heat.
Its like a tk beam, that agitates whatever it touches, until explosions/splitting happens.
Thats why i always thought that Superman standing in for the sun was kinda dumb, since heat isn't the property, but the result.
And with the way Eriks shields work, they nullify the contact.

Avalonofthewind
Superman Blue owns either polaris or mags.

Regular Supes does as well, but that's a different topic. wink

Rols
Superman Blue is quite formidable when it comes to energy attacks, I dont know how mags could do harm to this guy... I think his one of the most powerfull and versatile Supes incarnation out there..

Normal Supes i think could be taken out by Mags full potential.

rotiart
Well okay.. If Superman is composed of electromagnetic energy... Think about what Magneto did to Joseph and Polaris... He used to forcefully tap into their bodies and TAKE their energy for himself. Now imagine if Magneto could do that to superman. :P I'm superneto blue!

Grimm22
Originally posted by Rols
Superman Blue is quite formidable when it comes to energy attacks, I dont know how mags could do harm to this guy... I think his one of the most powerfull and versatile Supes incarnation out there..

Normal Supes i think could be taken out by Mags full potential.

Shouldnt full potential magneto be able to manipulate gravity confused

Avalonofthewind
Shouldnt full potential magneto be able to manipulate gravity confused

Why would that make a difference out of curiousity?

Grimm22
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Why would that make a difference out of curiousity?

I donno, seeing as at full potential Magneto should be able to manipulate the polaritys of objects and people, he could possibly rip Supes in half erm

Avalonofthewind
I donno, seeing as at full potential Magneto should be able to manipulate the polaritys of objects and people, he could possibly rip Supes in half erm

Doubtful considering Superman has been in the center of the sun and flown away from it's gravity, held a black hole in his hands, repaired space with his body..etc.

Considering the topic however, S. Blue trumps Polaris.

UniOmni
Superman Blue owns either polaris or mags.

Regular Supes does as well, but that's a different topic. wink

We'll have to agree to disagree here Avy. Blue Superman had various showings that indicate Magneto would own him, while others that show otherwise.

And Regular Superman?? Not going to go down that road, but i believe DemiGawd set that straight months ago.
Supermans best offense will always be a speedblitz when it comes to Magneto. Barring that, too much versatility in Erik.

Avalonofthewind
We'll have to agree to disagree here Avy. Blue Superman had various showings that indicate Magneto would own him, while others that show otherwise.

And Regular Superman?? Not going to go down that road, but i believe DemiGawd set that straight months ago.
Supermans best offense will always be a speedblitz when it comes to Magneto. Barring that, too much versatility in Erik.

Going best version for best version, Supes wins. The worst that's happened to Supes happened as he was learning his powers. He controls a lot more than Mags does and has a lot more range. It's not the same class.

Demigawd put up a good fight, but sorry...he wasn't seen much after that and went around threads saying Superman wins. wink

Versatility is in the eye of the beholder, Superman doesnt even have to be on earth to take out Eric, and Erics shield isn't taking moon destroying punches or hotter than the sun HV.

Rols
I think full potential Mags. (energy base) would be in great disadbvantage against S.Blue, its his speciality fighting energy base opponents + his got nearly complete control over every energy thrown at him. I think his only weakness would be his suit, if mags can somehow manage to manipulate the suit then S.Blue would fall.

UniOmni
Eriks shields won't be taking those hits though. Thats what people never seem to grasp.
When he adds that charge to the shields, the physical is nullified, and then promptly repelled. Like magnets.
And Superman never punched and destroyed a moon. He drilled through one. Impressive but not quite there.
So he'd never take one of those "moon destroying punches" since the contact would never be made.
And HV is a tk beam of molecules being agitated. Know what happens when something touches Magnetos shields??
Nothing, since the touch never happens.

Magneto can easily bend the solar away from him, and cut off his flow of power.
Hit him with his own powerful blasts capable of vast destruction.
Superman will never own Magneto.

And the only reason why he went around saying "Superman wins" is because he realized how easy the whole speedblitz thing is.
Kinda in a sarcastic way, nah mean?

Avalonofthewind
Eriks shields won't be taking those hits though. Thats what people never seem to grasp.
When he adds that charge to the shields, the physical is nullified, and then promptly repelled. Like magnets.
And Superman never punched and destroyed a moon. He drilled through one. Impressive but not quite there.
So he'd never take one of those "moon destroying punches" since the contact would never be made.
And HV is a tk beam of molecules being agitated. Know what happens when something touches Magnetos shields??
Nothing, since the touch never happens.

Magneto can easily bend the solar away from him, and cut off his flow of power.
Hit him with his own powerful blasts capable of vast destruction.
Superman will never own Magneto.

And the only reason why he went around saying "Superman wins" is because he realized how easy the whole speedblitz thing is.
Kinda in a sarcastic way, nah mean?

HV has been shown as a laser, concussive force, and your description, agitating molecules. All 3 are correct.

Please don't tell me that you believe that Mags shields are stronger than the gravitational pull of the sun, or the strength of a black hole (normal and miniature.) or the force of a moon sized ship flying faster than light towards Superman. I highly doubt that Mags could stand there defiantly with his shields up and laugh off the force of the blow.

The physical thing is also nonsensical, if mags was on a planet that exploded, it would negate the physical force? Doubtful.

Superman never "drilled" through a moon. He flew fist first to it in one swift strike.

Superman's range with his attacks are also far greater than Magnetos, why is Superman always negated to simply stand there and punch? Freeze breath, White noise, HV, T-vo, hurricanes, moon destroying strength, faster than light speed.

Sorry, the only way mags could get a win is if Superman lets him.

UniOmni
HV has been shown as a laser, concussive force, and your description, agitating molecules. All 3 are correct.

Please don't tell me that you believe that Mags shields are stronger than the gravitational pull of the sun, or the strength of a black hole (normal and miniature.) or the force of a moon sized ship flying faster than light towards Superman. I highly doubt that Mags could stand there defiantly with his shields up and laugh off the force of the blow.

The physical thing is also nonsensical, if mags was on a planet that exploded, it would negate the physical force? Doubtful.

Superman never "drilled" through a moon. He flew fist first to it in one swift strike.

Superman's range with his attacks are also far greater than Magnetos, why is Superman always negated to simply stand there and punch? Freeze breath, White noise, HV, T-vo, hurricanes, moon destroying strength, faster than light speed.

Sorry, the only way mags could get a win is if Superman lets him.

Either way, Magnetos shields have taken worse than Supermans hv.

And the like charge thing is how they work. Has for a while now. Physical force doesn't work, since it never actually connects.

And honestly, if Magneto was on a planet and it did explode, i'd expect the lack of air would eventually be what kills him. Not the explosion itself.

And how is that not drilling through?? Or akin to it. Punching the moon would be him simply hitting it, and the force of the blow causing it to collapse and then go boom.
What i see whenever i look at the picture, is akin to me running through a wall with my arms extended in front of me.
Durability and thrust yeah, but not the punching strength that feat is so hyped up to be.

Freeze breath would only strengthen his shields, and hv isn't the deciding factor.

The punches would kill the Invisible Womans shields, but not Magnetos.
Can't hurt what you don't touch.

White noise is white noise. If he can handle the explosions of nukes, then i doubt the wave lengths will do him in. Maybe, but i doubt it.

Hurricanes are new to him?? Dealing with Storm for all these years?? Nah....

The speed is his best hope. Like i said, the speedblitz is the saving grace.

And to be honest, the only characters i seen actually punch planets to pieces, were Drax and Thanos.

And if Superman has moon busting strength, so does Stardust. Since He did the exact same thing people are trying to pass off for Superman as moon busting punching strength.

Rols
Superman would not be able to function at full capability when Eric has control over Supes body, same way he controlled Cannonball from blasting but not going anywhere. Magnetos ability to control blood flows would be a downfall for Superman.

Avalonofthewind
Either way, Magnetos shields have taken worse than Supermans hv.

And the like charge thing is how they work. Has for a while now. Physical force doesn't work, since it never actually connects.

And honestly, if Magneto was on a planet and it did explode, i'd expect the lack of air would eventually be what kills him. Not the explosion itself.

And how is that not drilling through?? Or akin to it. Punching the moon would be him simply hitting it, and the force of the blow causing it to collapse and then go boom.
What i see whenever i look at the picture, is akin to me running through a wall with my arms extended in front of me.
Durability and thrust yeah, but not the punching strength that feat is so hyped up to be.

Freeze breath would only strengthen his shields, and hv isn't the deciding factor.

The punches would kill the Invisible Womans shields, but not Magnetos.
Can't hurt what you don't touch.

White noise is white noise. If he can handle the explosions of nukes, then i doubt the wave lengths will do him in. Maybe, but i doubt it.

Hurricanes are new to him?? Dealing with Storm for all these years?? Nah....

The speed is his best hope. Like i said, the speedblitz is the saving grace.

And to be honest, the only characters i seen actually punch planets to pieces, were Drax and Thanos.

And if Superman has moon busting strength, so does Stardust. Since He did the exact same thing people are trying to pass off for Superman as moon busting punching strength.

You went around some things...Black hole? HV when it's set hotter than the suns? Supermans HUGE distance advantage? Freeze breath would easily take out Mags, Supes frozen the entire inside of a planet. Sound as an attack is quite a destructive weapon, don't sleep on it. Eriks brains could easily be liquified through sound alone...

When has storm used a hurricane on mags? Drax and Thanos battle destroyed the planet (at 40 ton strengh limit mind you) they didn't "punch" it to pieces.

Stardust would utterly own Mags too..for all the same reasons that Superman does. Just like Thanos would (minus the speed of course) unless you believe that Mags shield could take punches from Thanos as well?

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Rols
Superman would not be able to function at full capability when Eric has control over Supes body, same way he controlled Cannonball from blasting but not going anywhere. Magnetos ability to control blood flows would be a downfall for Superman.

That would be an uber full potential mags against at best, a retarted John Byrne Supes walking into attacks.

If Supes wanted, this fight would be over in seconds. Simple as that.
Mags is powerful, but he's no Surfer.

Grimm22
Superman's Best verison vs Mag's best version?

Superman Prime probobly has magnetic powers of his own stick out tongue

Rols
That would be an uber full potential mags against at best, a retarted John Byrne Supes walking into attacks.

If Supes wanted, this fight would be over in seconds. Simple as that.
Mags is powerful, but he's no Surfer.

Mags has shown that he is capable of doing it. Speed blitzing is not gonna work instantly unless there quite far apart, Supes have to built momentum in order to blits and use that moon destroying strength, by the time His close to mags, i think it would be too late. Anyway this fight could go both ways.

General Kon-El
Blue Energy Superman probably does too and All-Star Superman's speedblitz'd probably break thru magneto's force fields :P

UniOmni
Thats the thing.

Magneto doesn't take punches. He nullifies them.
Is that so hard to understand Avy??
Am i the only person, who as a kid, tried to put two magnets together??

So yeah, i believe he can take Thanos's punches, since they'd never connect.

And cold heightens magnetic power.
Thats why Dr. Polaris fought the league either at the north or south pole. To boost his powers.
Freeze breath ain't doing nothing but helping Magneto.

And Storm has used high winds to draw the oxygen outta Eriks shields. Thats kinda pis, since Magneto has gone into space, and been fine.
And as someone who handled Dazzler, the white noise isn't the definite tie breaker.

And Thanos would beat Magneto. Simply cuz he's higher up on the villain food chain.
Most likely by nullifiying his shields through some pis way, that follows Thanos the same way it follows Superman.

When it comes to the two, what never worked for others before, suddenly works for them.

To be honest Avy, were it written by DC, Magneto would lose to Superman and badly if they knew who his primary opponents were over in Marvel.
Can't have Superman looking weaker than a bunch of muties.

But were they to respect the character and the power he wields both seen and potentially, he'd house him nearly everytime.
But all i gotta do is look at Hal and Sinestro, and know that he'd job like no tomorrow.

And why is it so hard to see that someone who controls what gives Superman his powers, can beat him?

Avalonofthewind
Thats the thing.

Magneto doesn't take punches. He nullifies them.
Is that so hard to understand Avy??
Am i the only person, who as a kid, tried to put two magnets together??

So yeah, i believe he can take Thanos's punches, since they'd never connect.

And cold heightens magnetic power.
Thats why Dr. Polaris fought the league either at the north or south pole. To boost his powers.
Freeze breath ain't doing nothing but helping Magneto.

And Storm has used high winds to draw the oxygen outta Eriks shields. Thats kinda pis, since Magneto has gone into space, and been fine.
And as someone who handled Dazzler, the white noise isn't the definite tie breaker.

And Thanos would beat Magneto. Simply cuz he's higher up on the villain food chain.
Most likely by nullifiying his shields through some pis way, that follows Thanos the same way it follows Superman.

When it comes to the two, what never worked for others before, suddenly works for them.

To be honest Avy, were it written by DC, Magneto would lose to Superman and badly if they knew who his primary opponents were over in Marvel.
Can't have Superman looking weaker than a bunch of muties.

But were they to respect the character and the power he wields both seen and potentially, he'd house him nearly everytime.
But all i gotta do is look at Hal and Sinestro, and know that he'd job like no tomorrow.

And why is it so hard to see that someone who controls what gives Superman his powers, can beat him?

The 2 magnets example is bad Uni. First, the more powerful magnet pushes the weaker one and second, both items would have to have magnetic properties of some kind. Also, as I pull the magnets away from each other, they lose their effect on each other substancially, if I put a magnet on an open flame it melts, and if I put it in the freezer, it freezes...

It still completely avoids the fact that Superman would have to literally stand there and not will anything for mags to control his powers. Mags controls magnetism and other energies are a secondary ability which require a lot more effort on his part. The eradicator turned the sun red and tossed Superman in there, and Supes still came out, fought some more and flew back to earth. Nothing in Maggies arsenal is going to top that.

There isn't anything that Mags shields can do against miles of ice instantly forming around him, nor is there anything he can do against a beam hotter than the sun (Blackrock is MUCH more powerful than mags in that regards...being powered by millions of electromagnetic devices) and was still being burned by the same HV. If Supes flies up into space and flies into Mags, I don't see Magneto making it. I'm sorry, I just don't see Mags doing it if Superman is seriously battling him.

We're getting too much into this though.

Blue Superman> Polaris or Mags.

kgkg
Superman has already defeated Polaris before.

POlaris is no chump tho ... he always utilizes supes weakness to create problems

UniOmni
Blue Superman high end > Magneto.
Blue Superman average < Magneto

And i guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Blackrock obviously didn't have too much know how with his own powers, if he was more powerful than Magneto and still didn't handle hv.

There is no logical reason that someone with complete control over the em spectrum can't handle hv.

And as i said before, the ice will only help Magneto. Breath away Superman.

And the whole adds like charge and repels damage thing is how its worked for a while now.

It just makes it harder for your favorite character to beat him.

It makes more sense than a ring that can do anything, or static electricity sealing rips in the space/time continum.

Avalonofthewind
Blue Superman high end > Magneto.
Blue Superman average < Magneto

And i guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Blackrock obviously didn't have too much know how with his own powers, if he was more powerful than Magneto and still didn't handle hv.

There is no logical reason that someone with complete control over the em spectrum can't handle hv.

And as i said before, the ice will only help Magneto. Breath away Superman.

And the whole adds like charge and repels damage thing is how its worked for a while now.

It just makes it harder for your favorite character to beat him.

It makes more sense than a ring that can do anything, or static electricity sealing rips in the space/time continum.

Sense has nothing to do with comics...men can't fly and ring won't stop supernovas.

If being in the center of a huge iceberg instantly is a help to magneto, then he's going to be even better off when the glacier is gleefully tossed towards the sun. wink

It makes perfect sense that Mags would get stomped by HV, first, it's hotter than a star...that alone will give him problems...second, and here is the one people ignore...Superman controls his own HV, meaning that if even if Supes was in front of him, he has to try and wrestle control for that particular part of the spectrum from Supes.... ain't going to happen. Third, the distance thing...Supermans powers work across far greater distances than Mags, rendering Magneto useless.

Black holes are forces stronger than anything mags has produced, so are the centers of stars, if Supes is strong enough for those, Mags isn't an issue.

Last is the speed thing. Mags would never detect a superman who used his speed.

Once again, unless Superman lets him do something, Mags isn't doing much. This isn't Rogue with Colussus and Cyclops mixed together that he's fighting Uni.

Back to topic, Blue Superman high end is where we left him off. He trumps Mags.

UniOmni
Like i said before. We'll agree to disagree.

But i was rereading through that Superman vs Magneto thread, and damn if DemiGawd didn't get under the skin of alot of yall. And the best part, is he did it all by himself. Learned a thing or two there.

Rols
Yes, thats was quite an interesting read.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.