Did you ever think that was a little weird in Empire Strikes Back?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back are the only good Star Wars movies that have been made IMO.But something that was in Empire Strikes Back always bothered me.Remember when Luke and Vader are having their Lightsaber duel fight and after Luke jumps away from vader and goes flying through the chasem there and then falls though one of those vent shafts or whatever,how did he know he would fall through one of those chafts like that so conviently and when he comes to a complete stop after spiraling downward,how come the ONE section he comes to a cpmplete stop at,how come THAT section opens and he falls out? that was all just a little too weird that the one section he came to a complete stop at at that time,opened up at that particular time and the others didnt? did any of you ever notice that and wonder that as well? That it was all a little weird that ony that one section opened up but the others didnt? confused

aj_vader
i think its supposed to detect things that fall through like debris and dirt and things and then some kind of system opens it to let it go

also one could consider it to be bad luck for out little friend luke skywalker (which lets face it in The Empire Strikes Back, aint really having a gd day at all, Vader is his father, Leia and Han Chewie have been captured and the one little section of the pipe he fell down opened up messed lol)

and also it helps move the story along wink

Alliance
didn't your first thread getting moved teach you to post in the right forum? There is an OT forum. I think everyone would appreciate it if you posted OT threads there. yes

Ushgarak
Moved, and you are being way too picky.

Osaka
I didn't think luke knew he would fall into one of those shafts. I thought he believed it was better to kill himself instead of joining darth vader.

SpyCspider
actually....I did raise an eyebrow when I saw it, but not the first time. Maybe after rewatching it a couple it suddenly dawned on me how coincidental it was.

oh well

Red Superfly
It's 1 of two things, I think:

1) The force is linked to what "Normal" people would call luck, or acts instead of it. Luke basically screwed up, his karma went haywire and the fact that the dark side was rampant through the galaxy at the time didn't help.

Yeah, whatever.

2) The chute detects debris that clogs up in the chutes. Only gas is meant to be flowing through those pipes, so any physical objects would be flushed out.

Yeah, thats better.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Mr Parker
A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back are the only good Star Wars movies that have been made IMO.But something that was in Empire Strikes Back always bothered me.Remember when Luke and Vader are having their Lightsaber duel fight and after Luke jumps away from vader and goes flying through the chasem there and then falls though one of those vent shafts or whatever,how did he know he would fall through one of those chafts like that so conviently and when he comes to a complete stop after spiraling downward,how come the ONE section he comes to a cpmplete stop at,how come THAT section opens and he falls out? that was all just a little too weird that the one section he came to a complete stop at at that time,opened up at that particular time and the others didnt? did any of you ever notice that and wonder that as well? That it was all a little weird that ony that one section opened up but the others didnt? confused

I think you need to get out more and not worry about petty crap.

There are worse things that will happen your life

JaehSkywalker
i dun understand what the first post is...

i need to brush up on my english..

overlord
Luke didn't know shit. He didn't want to be seduced to the dark side and thought that killing himself would be a setback for the emperor and Vader.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Alliance
didn't your first thread getting moved teach you to post in the right forum? There is an OT forum. I think everyone would appreciate it if you posted OT threads there. yes

Hey I didnt know until AFTER I made both this thread and the other one that I was in the wrong section back there so give me a break. mad

Mr Parker
Originally posted by SpyCspider
actually....I did raise an eyebrow when I saw it, but not the first time. Maybe after rewatching it a couple it suddenly dawned on me how coincidental it was.

oh well

Exactly.Yeah the first time I never thought about it either but after like the next 3 or 4 viewings I was scratching my head and it dawned on me that that was all just a little bit too convienient and just a little bit too coincidental.I was thinking that maybe he just got lucky.That he didnt know he would fall through one of those shafts so that part I never really thought too much about and never bothered me but yeah that particular chasem opening up that he stopped at,all seemed just a little bit too convient and too coincidental to me.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
I think you need to get out more and not worry about petty crap.

There are worse things that will happen your life

yeah get out and enjoy the crappy movies you like. stick out tongue If you dont have anything constructive to say on this thread,stay off.we dont need your negativity on here.Its just a question I always wondered about and I was hoping somebody here knew.Obviously I am not the only poster on here who thought the same thing about that as someone else said they wondered the same thing.I would not have posed that question if I did not love this movie so much.All the other star wars movies besides A NEW HOPE,I hate so I dont bother asking any questions about them because they suck so much.so there. stick out tongue if you dont have anything constructive to say on here,then stay off.

To the others who contributed here except for Alliance,thanks for the feedback guys.The rest of you all had unlike those two,had constructive things to say about it and thats what I was looking for. smile thanks.

Jam-Jul_Lison
Sensors to detect him are obvious. Even to me when I was 6. Though to be fair i was raised on star wars and star trek. lol. As for the first shaft luke first fell into. I did not think much of that one until recently. I think he might have just used the force to open up that one so that he could guide himself in there or maybe he sensed it preparing to open for him when he came passed, so he used the force to guide himself into the opening shaft.

Luke realy did have a crappy time in that movie though. First he is attacked by the Wampa. Then he almost freezes to death and is shoved inside a stinky animal. Then he sits in a bacta tank for a while. Not long after he has to fight the imperial walkers. Even then he crashes and is force to flee the snow speeder on foot. Then after he finaly escapes in his X-Wing he goes to Dagobah and crash lands in a swamp. Yoda comes out and starts to annoy him. Then later on he goes through some realy tough training hot stinky swamp. He then notices his X-Wing is sinking in the water. He tries to use the force to lifts it out but fails. Then he is embarresed when he sees little Yoda easily lift it up and out of the swampy water onto some land. He does some more training. Fails in the cave. Finds out his friends have been taken hostage. So he tried to save them. Not only did he get his butt kicked by vader in the process but his hand also get's cut off. Then right after it turns out Obi-Wan, the man he had trusted so much had lied to him and that Vader realy was his father. Finaly he says f*ck it and decides to kill himself. He manages to get himself into the vents only to wind up hanging upside down on a metal antenna or whatever it was.

I do not blame him for acting like a whiny little b*tch when vader told him he was his father. After all that had happened to him, he had a right to. lol. Heck I would have been crying too. lol

Mr Parker
Yeah when you think about that,he really did go through hell in that movie so at that point he was ready to kill himself,cant blame him either.He goes and gets his hand cut off,finds out Vader is his father and that his loyal friend Obi -Wan has lied to him about vader after all that other stuff you mentioned on top of all that.So yeah he more than likely at that point was ready to kill himself only he got luckyI think not knowing that he would fall though one of those shafts like he did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.