Pirates Not Going To World's End?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin2009
Yea, first we heard it was going to be called "Uncharted Waters", then "World's End", then "At World's End" but the title isn't either of the 3 according to the filmforce gang. A Disney rep told IGN FilmForce that "At World's End" is NOT THE TITLE of the third film and that these early reports are false. Disney says that a title of the third film will surface in the next few months (probably September).

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Anakin2009
Yea, first we heard it was going to be called "Uncharted Waters", then "World's End", then "At World's End" but the title isn't either of the 3 according to the filmforce gang. A Disney rep told IGN FilmForce that "At World's End" is NOT THE TITLE of the third film and that these early reports are false. Disney says that a title of the third film will surface in the next few months (probably September).

I always felt that "Worlds End" sounded really dull and boring lol. Kinda glad its not going to be called that now..

blackpearl44
Yea, and then again, it really dosn't matter what the sub title of POTC3 is going to be, the point is that it is POTC3, and people love the POTC movies, so they are still going pour in to see it, then buy their own copy of it on DVD.......

LovelyOne
Originally posted by blackpearl44
Yea, and then again, it really dosn't matter what the sub title of POTC3 is going to be, the point is that it is POTC3, and people love the POTC movies, so they are still going pour in to see it, then buy their own copy of it on DVD.......

Yeh totally agree. "never judge a book by its cover" big grin

OhILuvHP
Originally posted by LovelyOne
Yeh totally agree. "never judge a book by its cover" big grin

Amen

spencerspider
true, it needs a fancier name than worlds end..

LovelyOne
Maybe "to the ends of the earth" lol

sounds stupid

any other guesses?

jessigem
i like one of the original titles---Uncharted Waters.

Darth Dean
How 'bout Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Tale.
Or The Curse of the Dead Man
Or The Black Pearl's Chest.
Or Pirates in Singapore.
Or Mutiny on the bounty.
(All of these are jokes of course. Except maybe the first one...)

blackpearl44
Pirates in Singapore? LOL.

jessigem
hey, that one was pretty good.....if only there was a way to make it sound more serious.

Darth Dean
Pirates of the Caribbean: Oriental Odessey

jessigem
laughing out loud
that's good.

jdl1224
really? i read an intreview from the writers that said At Worlds End was pretty much the title. but they did say it wasnt official. hmm. i actually liked it because then it says AWE. haha. awe. smile fantastic!

jessigem
well, they started off with 3 titles i think. but yeah, at world's end might as well be the official title because they can't seem to come up with any new ones erm

DRAKONS
Mostly people want the movie to be good and dont care for the title.For exaple It coud be called Pirates of Caribbean Return of the Lost Burger(stupid)

jessigem
laughing out loud
i wonder if they even had burgers back then

DRAKONS
That was just an Example not a real thing

jessigem
i know. i was just wondering.....but they hadn't even learned to make soft bread yet, so i guess there's no burgers sad

DRAKONS
Poor litle dudes no burgers oh well life goes on

jessigem
LIFE DOES NOT GO ON W/O BURGERS.......unless you're a vegetarian.
but think of all the stuff they didn't have:
~pizza
~burgers
~cheesy garlic bread(yum)
~hotdog on a stick lemonade(super yum)
~weinersnitzel(spelled wrong)
~fried zucchini w/ranch
~ice cubes(or did they)
~chili cheese fritos(w/real chili)
~captain crunch(no pun intended)
i know that's all crap but they already had healthy stuff

DRAKONS
nopity

jessigem
exactly.

Smaug
lol! laughing

JohnnyBloom
Originally posted by LovelyOne
I always felt that "Worlds End" sounded really dull and boring lol. Kinda glad its not going to be called that now..

yup - never liked it either, didn't seem to fit with the names of the other two!!

we'll just have to wait and see - wait til you see a video clip of someone saying it - then we have proof not rumour!!

jessigem
title doesn't matter, as long as the movies good
it's kinda like the don't judge a book by it's cover phrase.
even though i judge books by the covers........that isn't a good phrase though, because all the books ive read with an ugky cover are boring and the books with nice covers are great.

blackpearl44
^^ laughing

jessigem
I'M SERIOUS!!! eek!
have you EVER read a horrible book with a nice cover?!

blackpearl44
No! that's the funny thing laughing

jessigem
exactly. but i think that phrase is outdated because in the olden days all books had gross covers, except the rich ppl's books. but the rich people's books were usually blank or really easy to read since rich ppl didn't go to school and were stupid. so the good books had gross covers and the boring books had fancy covers. so yeah, the phrase is outdated. i think. . . erm

JohnnyBloom
Originally posted by jessigem
title doesn't matter, as long as the movies good
it's kinda like the don't judge a book by it's cover phrase.
even though i judge books by the covers........that isn't a good phrase though, because all the books ive read with an ugky cover are boring and the books with nice covers are great.

HA HA - yeah true about the books cover thing,
but i still think the name of the film is important - mean if the first one had have been called something really sopy like "piratic troubles in the south: how will endeavours to save elizabeth" then the film wouldn't have been half so popular, even though it obviously would still have been just as good!!

laughing out loud not that anyone would use that as a name for a film ... im just saying its important!! big grin

jessigem
yeah. who in their right mind would use a name like that. and it gives aways the whoole point of the movie!! how will endeavors to save liz. but i see your point. when i was saying title doesn't matter, i meant it doesnt matter between the choices they have already i.e. uncharted waters, end of the earth, blah blah etc. stuff like that.

Darth Dean
Pirates: Haunted Shores
(saw it today again and that references Tia's quote at the end.)
Even though it has something to do wiht china i would have liked to see the themes like this:
Black Pearl: Zombies/Undead
Dead Man's Chest: Sea Monsters
(Haunted Shores?): Ghosts and spirits! and sea monsters.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Anakin2009

Everyone knew that. "At World's End" sounds kind of...boring. And I doubt they'll spend the entire movie at the World's End. The first two made sense:

Curse of the Black Pearl: Spent the entire movie trying to break the curse of the Black Pearl

Dead Man's Chest: Spent the entire movie trying to find the Dead Man's Chest

Whatever the third movie's title will be will go right along with the entire story of the third film.

jessigem
good point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.