Did you know that the Lion King.........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OhILuvHP
is based of Hamlet??!! omg amazing! i know! jk.....just thought id let ya know

cain marko
Originally posted by OhILuvHP

cool...already knew but cool lol

OhILuvHP
oh. ok.

Demonic Phoenix
Yeah its based of hamlet, except that that play ended tragically, Lionkng didn't.

Dusty
And the last horse finally crosses the finish line. no expression

OhILuvHP
what?

Barker
Originally posted by Dusty
laughing

leftright

OhILuvHP

??????? confused

Moonlight
??????? confused

I'm thinking he posted that because you just realized wink

Yeah I found that out when I turned 13, which was pretty late considering how old I am right now..

aaronspirit
based on Hamlet....WHAT EVER!!!
HEY people....I don`t give a F**k

Joker1237
Thought that was common knowlegd.

ragesRemorse

i heard it was the other way around.

Devil King

that was funny...

Quincy
Actually, it's ripped off from an old japanese anime called Kimba: The White Lion.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Quincy
Actually, it's ripped off from an old japanese anime called Kimba: The White Lion.

That's correct too - but more people would know/connect with Hamlet. Just take a very short think.
Kimba --> Simba.

But then, it's rather common knowledge that Disney has been ripping off stories since they came into the world.

Which of course, when I found out at.... 12... was a great shock to me.

THE JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by siriuswriter
But then, it's rather common knowledge that Disney has been ripping off stories since they came into the world.

That is true. All of the well known "Disney" classics originated as other people's stories:

Winnie the Pooh
Aladdin
Cinderella
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Beauty and the beast
etc. etc.

BakaXero
I have a neighbour named Simba.
True story, no joke. smile
I'm Serious. no expression

Grand-Moff-Gav

and Lion King II is based on Romeo and Juliet.

(Also to all the people talking about rip offs, most stories are takes on earlier stories, some of the biggest blockbusters are the same- Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones...etc (anything Lucas was involved with really))

MildPossession
Did you know, a boy killed himself by hanging himself because he wanted to come back reincarnated as Simba, think he was like eight years old.

Ban ALL films.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by MildPossession
Did you know, a boy killed himself by hanging himself because he wanted to come back reincarnated as Simba, think he was like eight years old.

Ban ALL films. haermm

maham
My bro told me that,to which my reaction was 'how could I not have figured that one out ?!'

Jovan
The most annoying thing is that Disney has never admitted on ripping Kimba. I guess Shakespear's works are not copyright-protected anymore. wink

Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
and Lion King II is based on Romeo and Juliet.

(Also to all the people talking about rip offs, most stories are takes on earlier stories, some of the biggest blockbusters are the same- Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones...etc (anything Lucas was involved with really))
I disagree. GL's first sw trilogy was based on Campbell's "The Hero with a Thousand Faces" and you can see parts of it in Indiana Jones too. But does that mean he ripped off the book? Campbell called him his best student in the '80s... Dan Brown won his case against those two of Holy Blood, Holy Grail... so can you rip off an idea?

utsav
yea i knew that it is not a new news moslty people know.

KYamato
i am looking for the name of a cartoon show. it was featured about 15 to 19 years ago. the main character was a young teen male that flew a red jet. his jet could be "upgrade". his friends/brothers/sisters flew a blue and green jet, it was a lot like the thunderbirds.

any suggestions?

cinelover
Oh thts an amazing fact!!

chidori210
http://www.kimbawlion.com/rant2.htm

its the same. Disney stole kimba

DarthLazious
I did not know that.

You learn new things everyday. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.