If you could be a teenager in any decade, what would it be?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flamboyant4Life
I would probably choose the 90's because I was a little kid in that decade and I think it would be pretty cool to live through it as a teenager.

Osaka
I would be in the 2090's. I like high tech stuff and I'm sure 90 years from not there will be plenty of cooly tech stuff to play with. big grin

Quiero Mota
The Roaring Twenties. cool

§cimitar
'40s or '50s.

dani_california
late 70's. I could hang out with Sid Vicious!

Nazgulinthedark
the 40's yes

cking
late 80's

allofyousuckkk
the 50's

Why: It was after the War, everyone was feeling great. Not many restrictions on everything. Also, respect was still existant.

KidRock
It would be cool to live down in Angel Beach (if it was a real place) and have a porky's like life.

silver_tears
The 50s like in Back to the Future w00t

Mišt
Probably now erm Life just seems easier and more achieveable now than any earlier period..

Imperial_Samura
40's or the 50's iconic times.

Where as teenage culture (or parts of it) sime a little sucky at the moment.

Alliance
the 1910's in europe...during the rise of communism.

ESP07
Now, never before have they had the power of influence and change.

Alliance
We just need them in the US senate so they can cut social security beneifts. Do you think congress is going to cut its own beneifts?

Eis
60's definitely. The Who, Janis Joplin, The Beatles, Joni Mitchell, The Kinks, awesome time to have lived. And you'd still be young when other great bands are formed like The Clash, Sex Pistols, etc.

Roland
the 40's

I always wanted to be a WWII hero, but thats just me.

Mindship
mid-late 1960s.

ILoveMyDaniel
The 3000's smile

dani_california
I'm suprised so many people are saying the 40's and 50's i mean that was before the whole cival rights movement and feminism. Life was completely different and not in a good way.

Darth_Erebus
Is this question knowing what I know now as a 43 year old or what I knew as a teenager?

I was a teenager in the mid 70s through the very early 80s, which was a pretty good time to be a teenager, though at the time I wanted to be a teenager about ten years earlier (late 60s).

The same now, I'll probably say I was a teenager at the best time I could have been.

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by dani_california
late 70's. I could hang out with Sid Vicious!

I was a teenager in the late 70s, though I never got to hang out with Sid Vicious.

T.M
Now... This decade..

wouldn't want to be in the future.. no

And we can imagine what it would be like to live in the 50's or whatever.. so why would I want to be in any other decade.

Alliance
definately. And it was the rise of suburbanism/conservatism in the US. Communists, Homosexuals, Femenist, and Teenagers were all considered serious threats to American society.

Bun Bun
I would pick the hippy days. It just matches my personilty so much.

Alliance
BOO HIPPIES! stick out tongue

DRAKONS
groovy 60

KidRock
Living in the caribbean in the 1600-1700's would have been awesome too.

BackFire
70's or 80's, so I could go experience all of my favorite horror films first hand when they were new.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by BackFire
70's or 80's, so I could go experience all of my favorite horror films first hand when they were new.

Ey BackFire, I was a teenager in the 80's and the horror films were no doubt original and scary. 2 elements that modern horror flicks lack. As a fan of the 80's Hard Action genre, it was nice seeing movies like Terminator, Aliens, Predator and Die Hard in the theatre when they first came out.

Xman Unleashed
The Hippie Sixties Man Woodstock for Sure

Alliance
Originally posted by KidRock

If you were European messed

BackFire
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Ey BackFire, I was a teenager in the 80's and the horror films were no doubt original and scary. 2 elements that modern horror flicks lack. As a fan of the 80's Hard Action genre, it was nice seeing movies like Terminator, Aliens, Predator and Die Hard in the theatre when they first came out.

Yeah, I can only imagine, dude.

HellMaster93
Late 70s- 80s. The Sex Pistols... Guns 'n' Roses... and the almighty Nirvana! I was a little too young for that period amd was just a li'l kid in the 80s... cool

Mr Parker

WrathfulDwarf
To be honest....never again a teenager.

I'd rather be in my mid 20's. And I would pick the future. I hate living in the past....I always like being upgraded.

Capt_Fantastic
I wouldn't mind being a teenager now.

FistOfThe North
I'd love to be 18 100 years from now.

kshair54
I would rather be a teen during this decade since it seems that teens have so much more freedom and get away with so much more than when we were young

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by kshair54
I would rather be a teen during this decade since it seems that teens have so much more freedom and get away with so much more than when we were young

Actually, you could get away with much more when I was a teenager. When I was 16 I used to go to bars all the time and the bartenders wouldn't give a damn, but now a 30-year-old can't even buy a pack of smokes without getting carded.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Mindship
mid-late 1960s.

Originally posted by Eis
60's definitely. The Who, Janis Joplin, The Beatles, Joni Mitchell, The Kinks, awesome time to have lived. And you'd still be young when other great bands are formed like The Clash, Sex Pistols, etc.

My personal feelings aside, yes, this was likely the best decade to be a teen. Pot and free sex running rampant combined with the emergence of the best music ever. What more could a teen want?

BobbyD
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
I was a teenager in the mid 70s through the very early 80s, which was a pretty good time to be a teenager, though at the time I wanted to be a teenager about ten years earlier (late 60s).

Here's further proof/confirmation. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the mid 80's, but I can't even imagine what the mid to late 60's would be like. I'll throw in Willie Mays, Dick Butkus, Gordie Howe, and Bob Gibson for the hell of it. You had some of the greatest sports legend around at the same time.

FeceMan
2020's.

Dragonfist1982
70's Babby..sex..sex and more sex..and weed 2!!!

Nevermind
I'd love to live out my teens in the 80's America suburbia. Otherwise if I'm stuck in Australia, now.

Julie
does it have to be a different decade...I liked being a teenager during the 90's the video games were just getting awesome

musicislife
Originally posted by KidRock
...What about pirates?

Nevermind
Originally posted by musicislife
...What about pirates?

Kidrock would be a pirate.

tabby999
i'd be a pirate if i was in that era, you do what you want, how you want, when you want. POTC has kinda made lotsa people want to be pirates...or jonny depp....

i do agree with whoever said being in their 20s would be more fun, more indipendant...kinda. i'd say teen in the 70's, all the music and whatnot followed by 20's in the 1980's and before your too old to addapt to the new tech, 30's in the 90's

Espantada23
Any time in the 70's....I've been sayin' for the longest that I was so born at the wrong time and I shoulda grown up back then....and the music from that time rocks...it makes me sad thinkin' I got stuck with the damn 90's,but oh well....if I'd grown up then now I'd be old.....so I'm good with my nostalgia

Flamboyant4Life
Originally posted by HellMaster93
Late 70s- 80s. The Sex Pistols... Guns 'n' Roses... and the almighty Nirvana! I was a little too young for that period amd was just a li'l kid in the 80s... cool

Nirvana was the 90's no expression

Inspectah Deck
The '80s cool

debbiejo
60's eek! eek! Yeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.