Wolverine (2007)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
X-Men Spin off, Hugh Jackman is back as Wolverine, This time... he still doesn't have a clue who he is.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458525/

vvvrulz
It will probably do for X-Men as what Catwoman did for Batman. Although having Hugh Jackman around is the movie's biggest asset.

Mišt
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
This time... he still doesn't have a clue who he is.

laughing out loud I thought that was the plotline for the last 3 movies.

T.M

Koala MeatPie
Brian Cox .... William Stryker (rumored)
Kelly Hu .... Yuriko Oyama/Deathstrike (rumored)
Hugh Jackman .... Logan/Wolverine
Tyler Mane .... Victor Creed/Sabretooth (in talks)
Ken Watanabe .... Kenuichio Harada/Silver Samurai (rumored)

They have... Sabretooth, Who died in X1, yet still no Gambit!?

Anyways I don't want this to go to the X-Men forum or Sci Fi Forum, But this movie is going to blow, I mean, what the hell kind of a movie could you make as Wolverine as the main character trying to find out who he is?

(He KNows how he was amde and by who, but not his origins, in the original X-Men he was rumoured to be some 150 years old with implanted memories, so Everything is all blurry)

Neo_Version 7
I wonder if the new "Origins" is gonna be a part of the movie.

ILovePie
Can't they get a new wolverine? Hugh Jackman is killing me. Wolverine is short, ill-mannered, and has no compassion at all. The least Jackman can do is bulk up, he's too skinny.

ladygrim
erm God i swear to god that the movie scene is becoming drastically short of Original ideas for movies ... I kno im not a fan of the X-men movies and cant say ill be a fan of this but do they have to keep making sequels and bloody spinoffs....Sorry sad

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
This time... he still doesn't have a clue who he is.

Prequel my friend,

Dusty
There's also going to be a 'Magneto' spin off. erm

TheFilmProphet
Also a prequel, although not starring Sir Ian McKellen.

SnakeEyes
If done properly, then a Wolverine movie could be very cool. I'm obviously skeptical, especially after X-Men 3, which was a letdown. But, Wolverine, as a character, has plenty of cool stories that they could choose for a movie. Wolverine: Origin (not Origins, plural, which is totally different) would make a cool movie. I'm not gonna get my hopes up, but I'm also not gonna start bashing this already.

I'm a lot more skeptical about this Magneto spin-off they've talked about.

Koala MeatPie

Dusty

TheFilmProphet

Nevermind
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
If done properly, then a Wolverine movie could be very cool. I'm obviously skeptical, especially after X-Men 3, which was a letdown. But, Wolverine, as a character, has plenty of cool stories that they could choose for a movie. Wolverine: Origin (not Origins, plural, which is totally different) would make a cool movie. I'm not gonna get my hopes up, but I'm also not gonna start bashing this already.

I'm a lot more skeptical about this Magneto spin-off they've talked about.

Agreed.

exanda kane
Havn't seen either X2 or X3, and wasn't a great fan of X1 (yet I used to read a few of the comics) but if this spin-off concentrated on the right pieces of Logans origins I may be very interested.

Although it may be a little Batman Begins-esque there are some great stories on Logan's past involving all kinds of Ninja's, Assasins and oriental gangs.

I'd love to see a heavily stylised effort with some Film Noir slant around (I'm thinking of Wolverine in bandages comtemplating like Leonard from Memento) in a seperate narrative with flashbacks).

Face
Damn man its based on Wolverines origins Sabretooth and Silver Samurai would play some mean adversaries Hugh Jackmans filling the part quite well producing and acting.

masterkit
This Thread Should be In The Comic Book Movies Forum

Dusty
Originally posted by masterkit
This Thread Should be In The Comic Book Movies Forum

From now on I've decided to keep threads in MAIN movie lobby.

For example: I'll move a starwars thread, sci-fi, or horror thread.

That's about it.

masterkit
o

okbig grin

zslick
sabertooth has paticially healin powers!!!

Cerberus
Originally posted by zslick
sabertooth has paticially healin powers!!!

Don't ALL Weapon X survivors have healing powers? confused

IMO, the whole Wolverine/Hugh Jackman shtick is WAY overrated. He's cool the first and second time around but making a spin-off movie JUST FOR HIM? erm IDK, maybe im just a hard-ass. At least there could be some visually interesting baddies from the Marvel universe that he could go up against. There WAS a Metal Gear Solid movie thread somewhere on these forums and the majority of posters said Hugh Jackman would be the best Snake. That's just crazy no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.