Boba Fett vs. Jango Fett

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JaehSkywalker
dunno if this has been done already...

anyway, whaddaya think?

Tangible God
Pretty sure it has been done before. And Boba wins.

Rampant ox
No, no, no Jango wins. He can take jedi masters done with ease and was the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, thus being chosen as the clone template.

DE Luke
Yeah,but Boba Fett fought and almost defeated(He hesitated when he had the chance to kill Vader close up and personal) Darth Vader.

Rampant ox
But according to the novel, Jango almost took out Mace Windu - the second best jedi in the jedi order. He forced Mace to swing his saber wildly with a broken jetpack, one blaster and the fact he had just been trampled on by a Reek.

DE Luke
Yeah,but Boba litterally fought one on one with a lightsaber against Vader.wink

Rampant ox
Pretty impressive. But Jango fought one on one with Kenobi and was then forced to save both their lives at once. He then managed to escape and give Kenobi hell through that asteroid field. smile

DE Luke
True,but I'd put AOTC Obi-Wan below Vader at this point.Besides,Kenobi was forced to fight Jango without his lightsaber through most of the fight.And Kenobi wanted to capture Jango,thats why he never opened fire on him in the asteroid field,plus I'd put AOTC Obi-Wan's piloting skills below Vader aswell.

Rampant ox
Fair enough. But Jango was able to set fire to Maces robes, while he had the trademark purple weapon held against his throat. He also managed to shoot a small dart into Zam Wessel from a very large distance which would require some very accurate shooting. This accurate shooting was also displayed when he killed the Reek in one shot.

DE Luke
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Fair enough. But Jango was able to set fire to Maces robes, while he had the trademark purple weapon held against his throat. He also managed to shoot a small dart into Zam Wessel from a very large distance which would require some very accurate shooting. This accurate shooting was also displayed when he killed the Reek in one shot.
1.Not really.Remember Mace had to deflect the fire from the SBDs,and didn't have his saber to Jango's throat at the time,thus giving Jango the advantage of Mace being distracted.

2.Again,not really,he was about a block away from where she was,and on a higher roof top overlooking the back alley where the Jedi dragged her and she wasn't moving either,so that was an easy target.

3.The Reek really wasn't far away when Jango hit it.It was charging at him and as soon as he shot it he had to dive out of the way to avoid being crushed by it's body.He shot it at close range in other words.

Rampant ox
OK then. In the Battle of Galidraan he led the Mandalorians into war against the jedi and was the only one to survive. He then took on and killed many jedi with his bare hands.

Also Jango was killed by an exceptionally skilled jedi master. He also had a broken jetpack and only one of his 2 pistols. Boba however was defeated from behind, by a blind man that wasnt even trying to hurt him.

DE Luke
Took on only three from what I saw in Open Seasons,and two weren't even expecting him to be a threat(Can't blame em',consdering the mandos were dropping like flies when the Jedi attacked).And I'd put those guys below Vader,because in the Purge comic,Vader killed five Jedi pretty easily.

Jango was at a disadvantage when he was killed.Kenobi couldve killed at that time,considering he lost most of his weapons.And Boba was distracted at the time and didn't even notice Han,he was too busy trying to kill Luke at the time,Han wasn't even a threat.And he DID survive the Sarlacc,canonically.If he could pull that off,then I'd certainly put him above Jango.

Rampant ox
1. Boba was able to go one on one against Vader - one of the best force users ever. Jango was then able to take on three fairly powerful jedi at once, with nothing but his hands. I would say this makes Jango better - especially since Boba didnt defeat Vader.

2. But the point remains. Jango was finally defeated by an extremely powerful jedi master. And Boba should have known better than to turn his back on potential threats. It is not a mistake you see jango doing.

DE Luke
Originally posted by Rampant ox
1. Boba was able to go one on one against Vader - one of the best force users ever. Jango was then able to take on three fairly powerful jedi at once, with nothing but his hands. I would say this makes Jango better - especially since Boba didnt defeat Vader.

2. But the point remains. Jango was finally defeated by an extremely powerful jedi master. And Boba should have known better than to turn his back on potential threats. It is not a mistake you see jango doing.
1.Like I said before,he had the chance to kill him but didn't because he knew there would be reprecussions and that every Imperial would be gunning for him.And Vader also lost his hand in purge ans still managed to defeat 5 powerful Jedi,whose names you actually know.And if Boba was almost and had the chance to defeat Vader,and Vader defeated 5 Jedi,I'd say that puts Boba>Jango.

2.Han wasn't considered a threat,he was recovering from hibernation sickness at the time,and was partially blind.Wherein Luke was a Jedi,and was literally slaughtering Jabba's best henchmen,who would you consider more of a threat if you were in Boba's position?And like I said before,even Kenobi couldve killed Jango at that time,considering Jango lost all his weapons except one of his pistols.

Boba wins.

kamikz
Originally posted by DE Luke
Yeah,but Boba Fett fought and almost defeated(He hesitated when he had the chance to kill Vader close up and personal) Darth Vader.

No, Vader was about to win, but Boba kicked the thing that Vader and him fought for into the lava, so Vader had to rush to save it, thus he had to turn away from Boba. Boba would have died unless that was there....

DE Luke
Yes,and Vader wouldve died if Boba killed him right there since he was distracted.Hence Boba having the chance to kill Vaderwink.The fact that he held his own against Vader in lightsaber combat in itself is surprising.

darthsith19
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=346807&highlight=jango+vs+boba
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=362180&highlight=jango+vs+boba
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...t=jango+vs+boba
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...t=jango+vs+boba

kamikz
Originally posted by DE Luke
Yes,and Vader wouldve died if Boba killed him right there since he was distracted.Hence Boba having the chance to kill Vaderwink.The fact that he held his own against Vader in lightsaber combat in itself is surprising.

You made it seem (to me) like Boba won fair, but he wouldn't if it weren't for that reason. Vader could have chosen to kill Boba right there instead, he did do a good job against him though....

And reallly, that book is crap. Vader could just choke Boba if he wanted to. Damn Boba fanboys.....

Mugen
Jango takes this, he beat jedi with his bare hands, read Open Season. jango takes care of business.

Mugen
http://www.swtimeline.ru/comics/jangofett/jango_3_20.jpg
http://www.swtimeline.ru/comics/jangofett/jango_3_22.jpg
Jango!!!!!!!!! big grin

darthsith19
Wow... 4 Jedi while unarmed, and two of them at the same time! I say he takes Boba, no way Boba could do this.

xxxpoppunker182
k this has been done before (boba vs jango) and ya boba wins. argue it all you want but this thhread topic has been done literally over 20 times and boba wins

Mugen
ok..... thats all opinion, and regardless of the general consensus on the matter, i still say Jango wins this IMO.

Tangible God
I'll counter that and say Boba wins IMO.

Jmanghan
bump

chingchangwalla
Droids can take fodder tier Jedi masters... Boba contested with DARTH ****ING VADER for a short while with a saber. Jango's a ****

MythLord
Originally posted by chingchangwalla
Droids can take fodder tier Jedi masters...

Depends how many droids.

Boba contested with DARTH ****ING VADER for a short while with a saber. Jango's a ****

Um, that's from a non-canon comic and Fett got overwhelmed immediately.

But, in all fairness, Boba does win. He's somewhat more skilled, equally capable in speed, strength and endurance and better equipped.

chingchangwalla
Jango would've been one shotted... The fact that Boba can even fight against Vader with a Saber is outstanding enough.

ILS
They're negligibly close in everything barring gear - Boba has better armor whether it be his duraplast stuff or Beskar, and is packing more firepower over all. Jango has more leg armor but that's essentially it. Boba should scrape a victory though a stalemate or Jango victory are also quite possible.

Jmanghan
Wasn't Jango holding his own against way superior opponents?

As opposed to Boba who was getting beaten and stalemated by everyone and their mother.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Jaeh
dunno if this has been done already...

anyway, whaddaya think?

It is pretty acknowledge that boba is the superior one....

But like many star wars fan with a bit of criticism, and do not support every Hilarous Boba Fett feat that do come out no-where.....

I dod think that Jango win, he is the greatest warrior, between the two, better equipped (if we forget Boba fett energy shield that give a Boba a great advantage...)

Well Boba is clearly better at sniping, I mean Jango is not bad. Just loo at episode II when he snipe her partener so she could not talk...

" Wasn't Jango holding his own against way superior opponents?

As opposed to Boba who was getting beaten and stalemated by everyone and their mother."

**** yhea.

Boba fett fanbase is full of marvel comcis nerd..... And you know how comic book character work.. very often their author are also fanboys of teh characters and they give him some random feats that come out of no-where to boost up his power stats...

Those feat are shoddy an unreliable to me, they mean nothing.. While I am not like antoine bandele who say nah non canon Boba never met Vader before episode V when Vader tell to Boba "No desintegration this time" wich heavly suggest that they have met before...

Jango in the other hand is a real character with a real personality motives and interests. He get some awsome feat sure. But they feel awsome. It is not here to say hey you love O.T character? You hate when Chewi die? You fantasm over transformers instead of bad ass mecha like the escaflown? Here is vader V.S boba fett ! They fight ebcause er er Vader want to recruit Boba for a Job and boba think the empire is coming to arrest him... Hum yhea O.K they fight for no other reason because it is super cool for O.T fans.. Vader could have totaly propose Boba the job without to fight him...

ILS
Riveting commentary by revanchiste, as always.

MythLord
Boba's feats against Mace and Obi are superior, therefore it's logical he wins. I dunno where this: "Jango held off better people" sh!t is coming from.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by MythLord
Boba's feats against Mace and Obi are superior, therefore it's logical he wins. I dunno where this: "Jango held off better people" sh!t is coming from. When did Boba even have a confrontation between Mace and Obi?

Are you confusing the characters?

Darth Thor
Droids can take fodder tier Jedi masters... Boba contested with DARTH ****ING VADER for a short while with a saber. Jango's a ****

That must have been one of the most blatant fan service motivated comics ever.

chingchangwalla
It wasn't a proper duel don't worry, but matched him in strength in a blade lock for a while

ILS
Originally posted by MythLord
Boba's feats against Mace and Obi are superior, therefore it's logical he wins. I dunno where this: "Jango held off better people" sh!t is coming from. Against Mace, not if you read the AotC novel and account for the fact Mace wasn't trying to kill a kid.

quanchi112
Jango wins.

Trocity
Post-ROTJ Mandalore Boba wins.

If we're talking material/feats that take place during the events of episodes 1-6, Jango tbh.

He doesn't have piss poor showings like losing to blind Luke and Han Solo.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Trocity
Post-ROTJ Mandalore Boba wins.

If we're talking material/feats that take place during the events of episodes 1-6, Jango tbh.

He doesn't have piss poor showings like losing to blind Luke and Han Solo. Or losing to Jaden Korr?...

Which, while not exactly embarrassing, considering how impressive Jaden is, is embarrassing for someone like Boba, who beat Rahm Kota.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.