The Famous unsolved murder case

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ladygrim
Jack the ripper

Appperently a few things have come to head these past couple of years many names and conspiracys behind them but apparently this last month one person has stood out from the alll...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,29389-2269526,00.html

Aaron Kosminski- all though many people have come up with who JAck the ripper is this is said to be geniuiine confused confused guess well never kno for sure

Koenig
The times I have read some one has found the identity of the killer, I am not going for it. There is no way that this over 100 years mystery will ever be solved.

cking
jack the ripper is probably the only major serial killer to never get caught. I think the case is too old and it would take years or never to solve it but what makes it so interesting is that it was never solved.

who?-kid
You should read Alan's Moore "From Hell" (not that stupid movie, forget about that) : it gives a lot of background information about the murders (a lot of them are cold facts, and of course a lot speculation).

ladygrim
Cool ill have a look for that wink give it a read

Bardock42
Originally posted by who?-kid
You should read Alan's Moore "From Hell" (not that stupid movie, forget about that) : it gives a lot of background information about the murders (a lot of them are cold facts, and of course a lot speculation).

And then read Hellblazer's Royal Blood....just cause it has Hellblazer in it.

Storm
Too few facts for any incontrovertible conclusions, just about everything about Jack the Ripper is open to debate, and the best you can get is a consensus. It' s extremely unlikely anyone will be able to use the existing evidence to prove, beyond all reasonable doubt, who Jack the Ripper was.

History Buff
I was at time really into the whole Jack The Ripper Mystique. I have read about 7 books, countless articles, and watched a few TV specials. THe one thing i gleaned from all of it was that NO ONE HAS YET been able to say conclusively Who Was Jack The Ripper!!!! It may very well go down as one of THE most puzziling murder cases in modern history.

Kozminski was indeed a very viable suspect for quite some time. His profile fit the Ripper killings almost exact. However, his candidacy was eventually dismissed for viable and logical reasons. Despite all the work and research that bis done by these so called "Ripperologists" they are chasing a vertible dead end. Because the sad thruth is that we MAY never Who Jack the Ripper Really Was. sad
Hope, however, always remains. It is possible, i suppose, that the new advances in tech. (DNA, Forensics, etc.) that the he will finally be revealed to us. I, for one, certainly hope that day will come soon!!

RZA
This is actually very old news. I'm not quite sure why this is coming out again now. Must be a slow news day or something.

It was already concluded like 10 yrs ago that Aaron Kosminski was indeed the killer. Both detectives at the time named him as the killer and he fit every single psychological profile and description that they had of the killer at the time. Also, the fact that he was an immigrant (Polish-Jew) residing in London at the time made sense to many people due to the fact that no one believed that those hideous gruesome crimes could've been committed by a fellow countrymen.

The reason why they weren't able to make a final arrest as the article states is because they lacked the eyewitness testimony from a fellow Jew who refused to testify. Also, after his last killing (the most gruesome of all) - 'ole Jack saved the best for last, Kosminski's mental state had deteriorated to a pt. where he was virtually incoherent leaving many questioning at that pt. if he was in fact the right man. In the end due to this key lack of testimony and the state he was in they decided to place him in a mental institute.

I say if it was good enough for the detectives working the case at that time, if he fit every profile and every description that they had of him and the fact that after he was committed to 'Watershed?'- I think was the name of the institute, coincidentally the killings stop, all this is good enough for me as well to conclude that yes, he was in fact the killer.

Storm

History Buff
Again, i must stress that many have concluded that they had indeed solved the case using "modern" techniques. However, the fact remains that the evidence available is so sparce that its unlikely that they really have him. I really believe that no one can solve the Ripper case becasue its possible it wasn't meant to be solved. sad

Dj88
Originally posted by History Buff
I was at time really into the whole Jack The Ripper Mystique. I have read about 7 books, countless articles, and watched a few TV specials. THe one thing i gleaned from all of it was that NO ONE HAS YET been able to say conclusively Who Was Jack The Ripper!!!! It may very well go down as one of THE most puzziling murder cases in modern history.

Kozminski was indeed a very viable suspect for quite some time. His profile fit the Ripper killings almost exact. However, his candidacy was eventually dismissed for viable and logical reasons. Despite all the work and research that bis done by these so called "Ripperologists" they are chasing a vertible dead end. Because the sad thruth is that we MAY never Who Jack the Ripper Really Was. sad
Hope, however, always remains. It is possible, i suppose, that the new advances in tech. (DNA, Forensics, etc.) that the he will finally be revealed to us. I, for one, certainly hope that day will come soon!!

I agree. I myself am going to go to college in criminal justice. One thing that is mandatory is to read up on past murders.

Over the course of 2 years I've read about 97 different things about Jack the Ripper. I've read about the different people that they've thought was him. I've even read that some think it was a woman.

After reading all these stories, I've found out one thing they all have in common. They're all just...well...just guesses. Nobody TRULY knows who was Jack the Ripper.

I do hope that, one day they will be able to find out who he was. But I believe that IF it does happen, it won't be for a looong time.

Ichy
It does seem unlikely that such a discovery shall be made... however, it seems more unlikely still that it shall ever lose intrigue.

Imperial Logic
It is indeed an addictive fascination.
Has anyone read the novel (titled simply) The Ripper? I've recently acquired it and am wondering if it is worth a read.

Mr Parker
Its funny just last night I was watching Star Trek and they had an episode that was about Jack The Ripper. big grin

Strangelove
I like the theory of Jane the Ripper, myself. It would have been ingenious for a woman to go around 'ripping whores' while the police continued to search for a man.

She could have been a midwife, who would not have been seen as unusual for her to walk around with blood on her outfit. It would also explain the knowledge of the anatomy.

Imperial Logic
Precisely. Such things are not often enough considered.
The almost entirely consistent portrayal is the classic top hatted, cloaked phantom of London. Such things may be true, but with all the case's intrigue, one might think the hypothesise might be a bit more profound.
I can complement you, your insight, at the least, Strangelove.
It is considerations and possibilities such as these that are largely responsible for such case's intrigue, really.

History Buff
I was a special on HistoryChanneLInternational the other day. I'm pretty sure i'd watched this before but it was still fun to watch.

The identity of the Ripper is one of the great mysteries of modern criminal history, In the special they summed it up thusly: In the early 1900s an American detective went to London and visited the murder sites. He asked his guide (also a detective) if they had gotten any breaks on the Ripper case and the killer's identity. He responded by saying, "We are no closer to identifying that chaps identity than we are to someone who will commit a murder 100 years from now."

That, to me, sums it up I don't we'll ever really know who JAck the Riper was. sad

Mr Parker
what about O.J.SIMPSON? big grin

Blax_Hydralisk
What about him? The man was innnocent, the Investigators admitted that they were racists who would do anything to see a famous black man go to jail, including setting up false evidence, and there case was faulty anyway.

This time, however, OJ's got no one to blame but himself.

IHateCaesar
Wat about the Zodiac

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.