Battle #5

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
AdamWarlock/Accel

vs.

Grey Fox/Psyquis

Reiteration of the rules:

1. Prep = 15 minutes, in a neutral environment apart from the battlefield.

2. The only thing combatants can have "operational" coming into the fight is generic shielding. Thus, an offensive or other maneuver must begin after the fight has started. No creating 10,000 illusions/constructs/etc. during prep or anything like that.

3. If you don't know the rules, read them! The first person to make 7 battle-related posts on Day 1, then complain to me will be flogged....or at least get a PM from me with a " no expression " smilie and a link to the rules. They've been established for weeks. And that thread has been pinned for the past week. There's no excuse for not knowing them.

4. Observers are asked to NOT post in this thread unless it is a question directly related to the battle.

5. Keep anything extraneous in the discussion thread. Please help me keep this battle as efficient as possible.

6. Judges: wait a while to vote. And post your vote, possibly with a (brief) explanation. Don't vote in the poll Observers: Feel free to vote in the poll, but I'd encourage you to wait as well.

7. Help me out with all of this. If something needs edited out, let me know...I can't catch everything.

***New Rules***
8. Observers/judges are allowed to ask clarifying questions. Anything that could be considered a for-or-against argument should be kept to themselves however. They can use whatever opinions you want to decide, but they opinions should remain to themselves. Leave the debating to the participants.

9. Non-official posts should NOT happen. If you have to answer a clarifying question from a judge or observer, briefly deal with it in 1 of your 9 posts. Thank you.

AW/Accel
Quasar (AW)
Ronan the Accuser (Accel)
Hyperion (Supreme Power) (Team)

GF/Psyquis
Cyborg Superman (GF)
Thor (Team)
Ray II (Psyquis)

Judges: LethalFemme, C-Master, Jinzin, Scoobless
...only 1 match this weeks fellas (and lady), so you have a lighter load than normal.

Battle Location: A steam room the size of the sun, with titanium siding as thick as an elephant. The titanium is strong, but nowhere near indestructible. The excessive amount of steam makes it difficult to see.

batdude123
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Battle Location: A steam room the size of the sun, with titanium siding as thick as an elephant. The titanium is strong, but nowhere near indestructible. The excessive amount of steam makes it difficult to see.

What the f**k? no expression

DigiMark007
I had forgotten that AW and Accel sent me a prep post a few days ago. This won't count toward their 9 posts.

Accel wrote on Jul 13th, 2006 10:19 PM:
Here is my opening post for the upcoming match against GF and Psyquis:

With prep, Ronan can do the following things:
- create a cone made entirely of out adamantium
- produce a stasis field around himself, Quasar, and King Hyperion individually (these can turn an opponent's power against him once they enter the field)
- get his "Mannequin" ready

At the beginning of the fight, Ronan can target Cyborg Supes and blast him with EMP beams...
http://img147.imagevenue.com/img.ph...2893_realf2.jpg
...which would mess with the circuitry in his systems.

After screwing with CS's systems, Ronan can then transport him...
http://img137.imagevenue.com/img.ph...13699_cell1.jpg
...right into the admantium cone where he'll be immobilized.

Hyperion, with his quantum armor and weapons provided by Quasar and his personal stasis field provided by Ronan, will take Thor. Using his weapons, he'll definitely be able to fight Thor head to head. If Thor decides to throw his hammer, the stasis field will turn it against him, like it works against Black Bolt here.
http://img138.imagevenue.com/img.ph...3694_bbowne.jpg
Not to mention any moment where Thor actually throws his hammer would leave him open to to Hyperion's flash vision. This could cause major problems for Thor should he lose his hammer as a result.

Adam Warlock wrote on Jul 14th, 2006 01:51 AM:
Ok...

In addition to what Ronan does during his prep time, during my prep time with Quasar, he will create Quantum Armors for everyone on his team just like this one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/surf2.jpg

The armors for King Hyperion and Ronan will be open faced armors like this one so they can actually see their opponents.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vsanomaly1.jpg

But their bodies will be covered from head to toe with the armor.

Quasar will also form a Quantum sword and a Quantum shield to help him in his battle against Thor and his weapon the Mjolnir.

As for the battle plan:

Within the first milliseconds, King Hyperion will fly straight for Thor and engage him in battle. Possibly catching the Thunder God of guard with his speed.

At the same time Quasar flys off with great speed to engage the one they call Ray II in battle.

Now as for Thor making his team invisible and what not, I'm pretty sure that'll work and all, but seeing as Quasar can track powerful energy signatures, and since his main target will be Ray, Ray will practically be lit up like a Christmas tree thanks to his powers being energy based and all. And since Ray II is practically an energy being... This is what would probably happen to him if he happened to go into his pure energy form:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vslaser.jpg

Bye bye Ray II. Into the Quantum Zone you go.

Now for Thor...

Thor will be in for the fight of his life. Not only is Thor fighting a Superman level character, he is fighting a Superman level character who has no no trouble holding back and killing from the get go. This Superman level character is also armed with a Quantum sword and a Quantum shield. He can block and parry almost any of Thor's strikes with the Mjolnir. Especially since he is physically faster than Thor. Even though Thor's hide is thick, I have no doubt that Hyperion wielding a Quantum sword will be able to cut or even impale Thor with this sword due to his immense strength. If Thor tries to fly his hammer and at Hyperion and misses... Oh oh... Thor could be dropped by Hyperion's flash vision. I mean if it can affect the God Wolverine:

http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=exiles39p192eu.jpg

It will surely be able to phase Thor. Possibly kill him.

I'll leave Cyborg Superman to Accel since it's basically 3 on 1 anyways. I'll go after him later in one of my official posts.

Adam Warlock
Awww.. Crap... Accel's links are not working. He'll be on later to post the fixed links. For some reason, I'm able to view the links in my PM, but the links won't show up here. Strange.

Ok....

My reemphasizing of my battle plan:

In the first milliseconds at the beginning of the match, my characters already know who their going after. King Hyperion will go after Thor since he has bragged about killing his reality's version of Thor. Quasar will go after Ray II. Accel will take care of Cyborg Supes with Ronan. I'll probably help mess him up later.

Ok...

Quasar VS. The Ray II:

If Psyquis goes tries to use a similar battle plan as when he fought AJ's team:

Originally posted by Psyquis52
The Ray also contributes to the sun-dipping process by absorbing most the solar radiation and concentrating it directly on Cyborg Superman. While the Ray is concentrating all the solar radiation directly on Cyborg he makes himself immaterial by turning into a pure energy form, thus becoming immune to physical confrontations.

He will be in for a rude awakening. Not only is Ray II fighting one of Marvel's energy manipulators, he's fighting a man with a nearly unlimited ability to siphon energy. Once Ray goes into his energy form, bye bye Ray II, into the Quantum Zone you go:

If your thinking that Quasar won't be able to affect Ray II because he won't know Ray II's specific energy signature, then you will be in store for a nice surprise. Quasar can tune his Q-Bands into the specific energy signature he needs, and affect that energy source. Usually draining it of it's volatile nature. Like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/ttpps0931db.jpg

Or like this in non combative encounters but still proves my point:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/ttpps0504tp.jpg

I mean, there is literally no chance for Ray II against Quasar here. He's practically an energy being. Quasar's Q-Bands have the ability to pick up all kinds of energy signatures and track them. There will be no place for him to hide.

See tracking his opponents by locking onto energy signatures:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/quasar150185fi.jpg

As for Cyborg being juiced with solar energy, once he discharges that energy towards Ronan or any of my characters, Quasar could siphon out that energy turning Cyborg Supes into his normal self. Thus making it much easier for Ronan to deal with him. I mean Quasar has sapped and redirected energy from big wigs before. Check the scans above. Or this one. Here is Quasar siphoning Silver Surfer's own power cosmic and shooting it back at him:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/quasar050375su.jpg

Or Quasar could always trap Cyborg Supes in one of his famous energy bubbles.:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/field.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/field2.jpg

wink

King Hyperion VS. Thor:

Ok, again if GF tries to follow a similar battle plan like he did with AJ's team:

Originally posted by grey fox
As soon as they enter the battlefield Thor uses his hammer to render The whole team invisible to all but Thor (Avengers-#300)

While the opposing team are wondering where their enemies are and getting distracted by lasers and various weapons being fired upon them Thor has manipulated the electromagnetic spectrum into producing a unlimited supply of solar radiation and solar energy. He can also increase this by adding in a low level solar flare. Yes people we have a Sun dipped Cyborg evil face

As for Cyborg Supes being all juiced, I already covered that above.

As for Thor's invisibility trick, this could possibly work, if it weren't for the fact all my characters don't need to rely on their sight to find their opponents. Well Hyperion does, but he has X-Ray and Telescopic Vision. Being invisible won't help the Thunder God or any of his teammates here.

King Hyperion is also sporting Quantum Armor and has a nice nifty little stasis field around him as well provided by Ronan during prep. Hyperion is also wielding a Quantum Sowrd and a Quantum shield he'll be using to block and parry Thor's attempt at winning this match via blunt force trauma. In actuality, Thor will be too busy swinging his hammer to avoid to avoid getting hit with Hyperion's Flash Vision. It's very powerful and very lethal. Even too him. That's how powerful they are. His own Flash Vision is capable of incapacitating him for a short while, imagine what it would do to Thor. No wait let's ask one of his Hyperion. Oh wait, that's another alternate reality Hyperion, not one but two of them getting owned by King Hyperion.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/exiles0652005puardcp158tv.jpg

I mean, Thor would have trouble with one Hyperion, King Hyperion on the other hand was getting the better of two Hyperions at the same time. We all know what happened to Thor when he went up against Superman:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/jlavengers2383ws.jpg

Sorry to bring that up, but its a valid comparison to what will happen here. King Hyperion=Superman. Only thing is King Hyperion is a mad sadistic version of superman who doesn't hesitate to kill. Happy Dance

Now... Thor and Ray II are out of the picture, I will turn my attention to the normal powered Cyborg Superman if he's still alive by this time. I mean... 3 on 1... Talk about total ass rapage with Cyborg Superman on the receiving end of it. This match is like 2 on 3, because Ray II isn't even a threat to my team due to Quasar totally outclassing him in every single way.

I mean the only character you have with a decent chance of beating Quasar is Thor. Unfortunately Thor will be on the receiving end of a Thorbuster punch thanks to Hyperion. Cyborg Superman might have a slight chance against Quasar, but my double bubble battle theory from my first match will surely keep him immobilized until King Hyperion is set out after him. I mean if Cyborg Superman is more powerful than Thanos(Is the one who actually destroyed Quasar's bubble in the scan above), that would be illegal in this tourney. But on any given day:

Thanos > Cyborg Superman anyways.

It's a shame we had to meet here GF... Psyquis... I would have liked to meet you in the finals. But it looks like you'll have to settle for the losers lounge and possibly that battle royal that losers get put into. No worries though, I'll be cheering for you guys to win that match. stick out tongue

I'm sorry GF and Psyquis. You were a great duo.

grey fox

Accel

grey fox
Creating a Adamantium cone is a construct , stasis field is still iffy as it isn't a shield so much as a mirror (another construct) .

Meh , so he doesn't need to breath . Lightening still hit's him several times .

Emp beams need energy , guess what Thor's drained ?

Said stasis fields are produced by energy , that energy is drained . Not that it matters since I was never going for the quantum armour (which is already gone anyway) but the kree battle suit he wears underneath.

Did I state Thor was a Superman , no . Did your partner state that Hyperion was , yes.

Now if you'll gentlemen will excuse me I'm going to bed.

DigiMark007
Yeah, gf has a point. It's only passive shielding during prep. You can plan that other stuff but it can't actually happen until the battle starts.

I must've missed it when I skimmed his post.

Accel

leonidas
aw -- 1
accl -- 2
gf -- 2
psy -- 0

Adam Warlock

batdude123
Good luck to all of you in this match. wink

grey fox

Adam Warlock

Scoobless
What are PP points?

batdude123

leonidas
Originally posted by Scoobless
What are PP points?

i thought i was the only one who didn't know . . . embarrasment

grey fox

leonidas
aw -- 3
acc -- 2
gf -- 4
psy -- 0

and what are pp points . . .? and is psy still around . . .? confused

illadelph12
Wow...

newjak86
GF all your scans from the Glads Thor fight aren't working

Accel

Adam Warlock

DigiMark007
Announcement:

If you want to repost scans that won't work, state what the scans are for (and that they didn't work the first time) and post nothing else but the explanation and the scans.

If that's the case, it will not count as an official post.

Otherwise, stay away from "non-official" posts like they had last week.

Psyquis52
Dear God Almighty! I've been having car trouble and crap has been happening! Aaaaaagh!

Okay first of all w/ 15 mins of prep. Now we can all get into how you have an energy manipulator and I have an energy manipulator, but I also have 15 mins prep. For my 15 mins I can still sun dip my little Cyborg Superman without being distracted. And yes I can do a lot of sundipping in a short amount of time. While I'm sundipping Cyborg I'm also developing a force fields around Cyborg, and Thor. This shield is also reinforced by Thor. So when the room gets all cold and oxygen depleted it doesn't really matter. I'm set. I've charged and readied myself for... a tough fight. cool

Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Quasar VS. The Ray II:

If Psyquis goes tries to use a similar battle plan as when he fought AJ's team:

I won't wink

He will be in for a rude awakening. Not only is Ray II fighting one of Marvel's energy manipulators, he's fighting a man with a nearly unlimited ability to siphon energy. Once Ray goes into his energy form, bye bye Ray II, into the Quantum Zone you go:

Good idea! big grin Last time I fought someone though I noticed that he was 1.) Blind 2.) a musclehead

I went into a pure energy form as an afterthought. I won't do that this time. wink Really it would be a waste of energy anyway.

If your thinking that Quasar won't be able to affect Ray II because he won't know Ray II's specific energy signature, then you will be in store for a nice surprise. Quasar can tune his Q-Bands into the specific energy signature he needs, and affect that energy source. Usually draining it of it's volatile nature. Like this:

Or like this in non combative encounters but still proves my point:

I'm very much aware of what Quasar can do to the Ray. If he gets the chance. That's why I intend to do this verrry carefully.

I mean, there is literally no chance for Ray II against Quasar here. He's practically an energy being. Quasar's Q-Bands have the ability to pick up all kinds of energy signatures and track them. There will be no place for him to hide.

See tracking his opponents by locking onto energy signatures:

Who's hiding? I'm making a spectacle of myself! I mean c'mon! I'm absolutely smothered in various energy signals. I want Quasar to find me. In the mean time I make the environment pitch black. So Quasar will know that I'm there and he may know where I'm at but he won't know what I'm doing.

Now the Ray can make solid constructs so if ever Quasar gets too close he just makes a nice solid construct of himself in front of him and then backs off and starts with the rest of the tactic.

Then I will repeatadly send blasts of various energy types at Quasar from various directions. Now I'm aware that Quasar is used to that but I'm only trying to distract him for now; and I think I'm doing a dang good job of it too.

As for Cyborg being juiced with solar energy, once he discharges that energy towards Ronan or any of my characters, Quasar could siphon out that energy turning Cyborg Supes into his normal self. Thus making it much easier for Ronan to deal with him. I mean Quasar has sapped and redirected energy from big wigs before. Check the scans above. Or this one. Here is Quasar siphoning Silver Surfer's own power cosmic and shooting it back at him:

Or Quasar could always trap Cyborg Supes in one of his famous energy bubbles.:

Quasar isn't going to have time to do that to Cyborg. He's busy trying to pin down the Ray. In case your curious...The Ray can also move at the speed of light so Quasar is going to have trouble catching him. evil face

It's a shame we had to meet here GF... Psyquis... I would have liked to meet you in the finals. But it looks like you'll have to settle for the losers lounge and possibly that battle royal that losers get put into. No worries though, I'll be cheering for you guys to win that match. stick out tongue

I'm sorry GF and Psyquis. You were a great duo.

I would have liked to meet you in the finals. You guys are pretty fab.
I wish you luck. wink

Ummmm... Two of your teammates are already dead. I mean, If Ray II's in his human form, that means he can be physically hurt by Quasar. Quasar still gets the easy win over Ray II. It's a double whammy for Ray. If he's not in his energy form, he'll be killed by one of Quasar's constructs either impaling him or being sliced in half by Hyperion, or being leveled with enough concussive energy blast to reduce his body to a squashed corpse. If he's in his energy form... Bye bye Ray II, into the Quantum Zone he goes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...fu1/vslaser.jpg

Ray II = As useful as a cock flavored lollipop.

I'm not dead. confused I'm fine. He could hit me if he can catch me, but he won't.

Ray II = As useful as a coffee flavored lollipop. I like coffee. big grin

Now as for Ray II being back in play... What does that mean? You mean you had him sitting on the side the whole time thinking Thor and Cyborg Superman could handle my trio?

Man... If Ray's there in his human form, he's practically useless and dead. You practically killed your own teammate when you said you lower the temperature in the room freezing Ray II since he is in his human form, and depriving him of oxygen. You pwned your own teammate GF.

Not really sitting. More like dodging a lot and trying to wear down Quasar or at least divert his attention for a very long time.

I won't freeze. I'm warm. big grin I'm not deprived of oxygen. I have a nice set up in my little force field. Lots of oxygen. I'll be good, but thanks for your concern.

Psyquis52
Not exactly Darkness because I can manipulate that to an extent. If The Ray has time to build up energy around himself. (and he does) Then he won't be in any trouble. I just keep a field of light on me, but the Ray can eliminate light. Like I did over Quasar. Quasar can go ahead and generate light around his person but he still won't be able to see far.

Not entirely true. The color BLACK has a resitance to the Ray's power but even it gives in eventually.

Not exactly a kid. Less experienced? Yes. But not inexperienced. Anything Quasar fires at me I'll use, and I might be able to feed off him in small quantaties while I pester. Oh! And there's no record of the Ray overloading. There are records of him losing of course but I've never heard of him overloading.

I'm not desperate.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vscreel2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vscreel3.jpg]

Cool. Still, doesn't help you.

It will be harder since the blasts will be very bright in pitch black which will probably disorient him. I don't care what his power manipulation levels are, but yes he might be able to redirect them. Which is okay with me! It just means I can soak that energy back up and reuse it. No wear, no tear. smile

It would be ideal but I'm not going to sit still for that.

Nah! I can redirect energy as well. This would just be a stalemate of one guy redirecting and another blasting and absorbing and another guy blasting and absorbing and getting ticked cause he can't quite see his opponent.

The Ray went up against a god of light in the final issue of his miniseries. One that could have destroyed the world (and him). He's also a second generation super hero. His father was the original Ray. So he's had the oppurtunity to take some training from his pa. On top of that he isn't a rookie. He's plenty experienced to know what to do here.

Not quite.

I can absorb them if I have to but that's if Quasar has time to make them.

Might have if they weren't reinforced with my power as well.

I enjoy debating against you two. You fellas are nice. big grin

We'll see about that! mad

Adam Warlock
It's on now... Battle of energy manipulators!!!

Dear God Almighty! I've been having car trouble and crap has been happening! Aaaaaagh!

Okay first of all w/ 15 mins of prep. Now we can all get into how you have an energy manipulator and I have an energy manipulator, but I also have 15 mins prep. For my 15 mins I can still sun dip my little Cyborg Superman without being distracted. And yes I can do a lot of sundipping in a short amount of time. While I'm sundipping Cyborg I'm also developing a force fields around Cyborg, and Thor. This shield is also reinforced by Thor. So when the room gets all cold and oxygen depleted it doesn't really matter. I'm set. I've charged and readied myself for... a tough fight.
I won't

Ronan has already dealt with Cyborg so I'm gonna concentrate on Ray II. So you'll be energized and ready for battle. As soon as the battle starts, Quasar will find you and drain you dry just like he did the Jack Of Hearts here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/jack1.jpg

Good idea! Last time I fought someone though I noticed that he was 1.) Blind 2.) a musclehead

I went into a pure energy form as an afterthought. I won't do that this time. Really it would be a waste of energy anyway.

So your not going to be in a full on energy form? Even better for me. You can be physically hurt. I mean Ray II was hurt in a battle between Japan's and Canada's army while trying to save innocent bystanders. JLA #38? #39? I forgot what issue it was, but it was during that Maggeddon arc. Ray II is damned no matter how he goes about fighting Quasar.

I'm very much aware of what Quasar can do to the Ray. If he gets the chance. That's why I intend to do this verrry carefully.

Who's hiding? I'm making a spectacle of myself! I mean c'mon! I'm absolutely smothered in various energy signals. I want Quasar to find me. In the mean time I make the environment pitch black. So Quasar will know that I'm there and he may know where I'm at but he won't know what I'm doing.

Now the Ray can make solid constructs so if ever Quasar gets too close he just makes a nice solid construct of himself in front of him and then backs off and starts with the rest of the tactic.

Oh I will find you easily due to your flamboyant use of Ray II. All your energy constructs/shields will be dwarfed by the massive energy absorption powers of Quasar. Man... I'll get all your constructs at once with this nifty little singular energy vortex trick:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vortex1.jpg

Possibly a little of Cyborg Superman's energy at the same time. Thus bringing Cyborg Superman back to his normal power levels. Then again his consciousness is in Titanium. So his suped up body is practically sitting there behind the supposed shields of Thor and your shields.

Then I will repeatadly send blasts of various energy types at Quasar from various directions. Now I'm aware that Quasar is used to that but I'm only trying to distract him for now; and I think I'm doing a dang good job of it too.

All your repeated blasts will coming back your way.

Or I could send all your repeated blast to your own ally Thor just like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vsphoenix2.jpg

I mean Thor sporting that supposed magical shield of his and your forcefield will also be lit up like a Christmas tree. So redirecting your energy blasts to Thor's general area will be a piece of cake. Then again... All of your forcefields won't probably be there due to Quasar's energy vortex.

Quasar isn't going to have time to do that to Cyborg. He's busy trying to pin down the Ray. In case your curious...The Ray can also move at the speed of light so Quasar is going to have trouble catching him. evil face

I would have liked to meet you in the finals. You guys are pretty fab.
I wish you luck.

No problem on tracking Ray II. Once a specific energy signature like Ray II's is locked on by Quasar's constructs, it's game over:

With you flamboyantly flashing around your might like that, it won't be hard for Quasar to lock onto your energy signature and quite literally slow you down. I mean Quasar has caught the speedster known as Makkari who won that Galactic Race.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vsmakkari.jpg

I too am disappointed we will not be meeting in the finals. You guys have a powerful team. You would have done well against those GL/LOCO Guys in the finals. Let the best team win.

I'm not dead. I'm fine. He could hit me if he can catch me, but he won't.

I already addressed that above.

Ray II = As useful as a coffee flavored lollipop. I like coffee.

Not really sitting. More like dodging a lot and trying to wear down Quasar or at least divert his attention for a very long time.

I won't freeze. I'm warm. I'm not deprived of oxygen. I have a nice set up in my little force field. Lots of oxygen. I'll be good, but thanks for your concern.

If all Ray II is flying around then he is pretty much useless. Then again all his attacks will be countered swiftly yet surely. And anything and everything you shoot at me will be directed back towards you or your teammate Thor. I mean, speed will be no issue seeing he has took on cosmics who transcend the speed of light.

Not exactly Darkness because I can manipulate that to an extent. If The Ray has time to build up energy around himself. (and he does) Then he won't be in any trouble. I just keep a field of light on me, but the Ray can eliminate light. Like I did over Quasar. Quasar can go ahead and generate light around his person but he still won't be able to see far.

Quasar does not have to see his opponents young grasshopper. He can use the force... Nahhh.. He'll use his Quantum Bands to find you. Quasar does not need to see you to thrash you. His Quantum Bands can do that for him:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vsimperal3.jpg

I mean if that doesn't work, Quasar can use his Q-Bands to sense life. I know it sounds lame, but he can really do it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/human.jpg

He'll be finding his opponents in no time.

Not entirely true. The color BLACK has a resitance to the Ray's power but even it gives in eventually.

So it takes time for him to overcome darkness? Time he doesn't have. He has to multitask and do several things at once. His lack of battle experience will be a factor in this fight plain and simple.

Not exactly a kid. Less experienced? Yes. But not inexperienced. Anything Quasar fires at me I'll use, and I might be able to feed off him in small quantaties while I pester. Oh! And there's no record of the Ray overloading. There are records of him losing of course but I've never heard of him overloading.

Less experienced is right. I'm glad you acknowledged that. As for feeding off Quasar's energy, other energy manipulators might be able to do it... But so far most of them haven't been successful. As for Ray II overloading, I bet he does have a limit. He just hasn't been pushed to the limit yet. Quasar will more than likely push Ray II beyond his limits.

I can absorb them if I have to but that's if Quasar has time to make them.

I had ohhh... 15 minutes to make them(prep). I created 5 constructs during the prep. Consider it generic shielding. I created Quantum Armors for all 3 of our characters. I have also created a shield construct and a sword construct for Hyperion during that prep time. In addition to Ronan's stasis fields. Oh yeah baby... If you get to close to me with that stasis shield up... Oh man...

I doubt Ray II has the ability to muck with Quasar's constructs since he has practically all control over all his constructs. Unless it's someone more powerful than Quasar like say Thanos... I don't see how Ray II can do that to Quasar's constructs. The only person on your team that stands a good chance against Quasar is Thor due to the fact they know each other. Both are vulnerable to each others attacks. Then again, by this time, Thor has already been Thorbustered by Hyperion.

Might have if they weren't reinforced with my power as well.

You mean Thor's magical shield and your shield? Your forcefields are already gone thanks to my energy vortex.

I enjoy debating against you two. You fellas are nice.

We'll see about that!

It's okay to know your own limits.

Psyquis52
Oh! It's on Junior! big grin

It's on now... Battle of energy manipulators!!!

@#$% Yeah! Let's get it on!

Ronan has already dealt with Cyborg so I'm gonna concentrate on Ray II. So you'll be energized and ready for battle. As soon as the battle starts, Quasar will find you and drain you dry just like he did the Jack Of Hearts here:

Saw that one coming. This is going to be a stalemate.
You suck off me...I suck off you. You can keep drawing from the Quantum fields or whatever they're called and I'll just keep sucking off of you while you suck off me. Round and round we go. Where we'll stop, nobody knows.

So your not going to be in a full on energy form? Even better for me. You can be physically hurt. I mean Ray II was hurt in a battle between Japan's and Canada's army while trying to save innocent bystanders. JLA #38? #39? I forgot what issue it was, but it was during that Maggeddon arc. Ray II is damned no matter how he goes about fighting Quasar.

Gonna have to get past my force field to physically hurt me pal. Oh, and incidentally I addressed the whole close range issue earlier. For one thing we can both move the speed of light and I'm going to be doing everything in my power to make sure you're looking at me. Which won't be hard seeing as how I'm mostly energy. But that's beside the point.
Everytime you close the gap I'll make a solid construct. Just to slow you down enough for me to move back. I can keep this up all day.

Oh I will find you easily due to your flamboyant use of Ray II. All your energy constructs/shields will be dwarfed by the massive energy absorption powers of Quasar. Man... I'll get all your constructs at once with this nifty little singular energy vortex trick:

Possibly a little of Cyborg Superman's energy at the same time. Thus bringing Cyborg Superman back to his normal power levels. Then again his consciousness is in Titanium. So his suped up body is practically sitting there behind the supposed shields of Thor and your shields.

A vortex huh? Nifty. wink Hey! I've got an idea. While you're sucking all the energy in the place to one point, why don't I deliberately put myself in the pathway and just start soaking that energy like a sponge. What you redirect, I'll take freely. All your vortex would do is give me enough energy to resist it and make me just that much more dangerous.

I'll reiterate. You suck all the energy to point A and the puts himself deliberately in the pathway of the sucking to draw off the energies that you are draining.

What's to keep my energies from being sucked in? Elementary my dear Watson. You keep the pressure on-and I keep the pressure going. Stalemate.

All your repeated blasts will coming back your way.

Or I could send all your repeated blast to your own ally Thor just like this:

I mean Thor sporting that supposed magical shield of his and your forcefield will also be lit up like a Christmas tree. So redirecting your energy blasts to Thor's general area will be a piece of cake. Then again... All of your forcefields won't probably be there due to Quasar's energy vortex.

Redirect my blasts and I'll just take them back to reuse. Everything I shoot at you will be perfect energy type for me to pull right back into my person.

The force fields will still be there.

No problem on tracking Ray II. Once a specific energy signature like Ray II's is locked on by Quasar's constructs, it's game over:

With you flamboyantly flashing around your might like that, it won't be hard for Quasar to lock onto your energy signature and quite literally slow you down. I mean Quasar has caught the speedster known as Makkari who won that Galactic Race.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vsmakkari.jpg

*Whistles* I'm impressed. That really is a pretty hot feat. Someone help me out on this one...is Quasar human? Cause I thought he was just a human with those bands right? So what's to keep me from blinding him when he gets that close? Automatic defenses? I doubt it. Harsh light is barely a physical threat. You'll be temporarily blinded (unless you can show me when Quasar's bands have automatically protected him from bright light.) So go ahead and slow me down. I have more tricks where that came from. wink
Also I already stated that I want you to find me, but I don't want you to see me. We'll be fighting in a field of darkness thanks to moi. So you'll know where I am all right but it won't be so easy to grab me.

I too am disappointed we will not be meeting in the finals. You guys have a powerful team. You would have done well against those GL/LOCO Guys in the finals. Let the best team win.

You guys also have a very powerful team. I wish you the best of luck.

But what if we're the best team and we still lose? confused

I already addressed that above.

oh. embarrasment

If all Ray II is flying around then he is pretty much useless. Then again all his attacks will be countered swiftly yet surely. And anything and everything you shoot at me will be directed back towards you or your teammate Thor. I mean, speed will be no issue seeing he has took on cosmics who transcend the speed of light.
He took them on but if you read his bio it says he can move to the speed of light...not faster than the speed of light but at the speed of light. Sorry.

Turn your attention to someone else and I'll show you how useless I am. mad

Redirect and I'll redirect, soak up and I'll soak up. Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Stalemate...again.

Quasar does not have to see his opponents young grasshopper. He can use the force... Nahhh.. He'll use his Quantum Bands to find you. Quasar does not need to see you to thrash you. His Quantum Bands can do that for him:

I mean if that doesn't work, Quasar can use his Q-Bands to sense life. I know it sounds lame, but he can really do it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/human.jpg

He'll be finding his opponents in no time. I addressed this above.

So it takes time for him to overcome darkness? Time he doesn't have. He has to multitask and do several things at once. His lack of battle experience will be a factor in this fight plain and simple. It does take time for him to overcome the color BLACK! Not darkness. BLACK! Why? Who knows? This is DC we're talking about. MM was vulnerable to fire, GL was vulnerable to yellow and Superman is vulnerable to green rocks. Who knows why they decide these things?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Lack of experience. Gotcha. You know the Ray was created yesterday. He's been around for a bit. It's not like your fighting Wonder Girl or something. The Ray has already established himself as a hero and faced opponents that skilled veterans have trouble beating. Like Dr. Polaris. You might remember him giving a few GL's a hard time.

Less experienced is right. I'm glad you acknowledged that. As for feeding off Quasar's energy, other energy manipulators might be able to do it... But so far most of them haven't been successful. As for Ray II overloading, I bet he does have a limit. He just hasn't been pushed to the limit yet. Quasar will more than likely push Ray II beyond his limits. Conjecture isn't exactly solid grounds for making an arguement. He may have a limit but you and I don't know what it is. So where does that leave us?

You mean Thor's magical shield and your shield? Your forcefields are already gone thanks to my energy vortex.

*turns on tv* There's nothing on at this time in morning. I swear!

It's okay to know your own limits.

I don't know my limits! I have none. I am ugly and monstrous! BEWARE MY WRATH! Hahahhahahahaah!

Your mom. wink

LethalFemme
Looks like the match is progressing nicely for the most part. Good work boys.thumb up

leonidas
aw-5
accl-3
gf-4
psy-3

oh and psy -- nice job. your posts have REALLY evened this thing out . . . wink

and for the luv-a-gawd -- what are PP points??

grey fox

Scoobless
You suck off me...I suck off you.

I'll just keep sucking off of you while you suck off me. Round and round we go. Where we'll stop, nobody knows.

shock

leonidas
no offensive, gf. just seemed you were on your own for quite a while. . . embarrasment

Scoobless
Again I request Hyperion be Banned

No, King Hyperion has been defeated a couple of times... all you need is a KO/incapacitation to win a match... you don't actually need your opponents to be dead

Validus
shock
laughing laughing out loud

Accel

Adam Warlock
Oh! It's on Junior!

@#$% Yeah! Let's get it on!

Junior? Your probably not much older than me. Then I could be wrong. Let's get it on old timer!

Saw that one coming. This is going to be a stalemate.
You suck off me...I suck off you. You can keep drawing from the Quantum fields or whatever they're called and I'll just keep sucking off of you while you suck off me. Round and round we go. Where we'll stop, nobody knows.

I'm sure Ray II's energy siphoning abilities are powerful, but c'mon... Ray II beating the Quasar at his own game? C'mon now. Quasar is the king of energy siphoning. He is better at it than surfer is who is arguably the most powerful herald:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/maximumsecurity3265qp.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/maximumsecurity3291nq.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/maximumsecurity3352jq.jpg

If you believe your energy siphoning abilities have no limits, guess again. Others have tried to leech off Quasar or drain him of his energy. Things did not bode well for those beings.

No one beats Quasar at his own game(except beings like Thanos/Magus):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vsstardust.jpg

You must not also forget, Ray II's limits have not been pushed to the threshold yet. If anyone can do it, Quasar can. Try to drain my energy will you? I'll force feed you so much energy you'll implode just like Absorbing Man:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vscreel2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vscreel3.jpg

Gonna have to get past my force field to physically hurt me pal. Oh, and incidentally I addressed the whole close range issue earlier. For one thing we can both move the speed of light and I'm going to be doing everything in my power to make sure you're looking at me. Which won't be hard seeing as how I'm mostly energy. But that's beside the point.
Everytime you close the gap I'll make a solid construct. Just to slow you down enough for me to move back. I can keep this up all day.

Again your forcefields will be dissipated by my energy vortex. Take a look at this scan again:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/quasar150195up.jpg

See how Quasar locked onto Watcher and basically forced him to materialize? That's exactly what'll happen to you. Like I said, Ray II is powerful, but inexperience will lead to your downfall.

A vortex huh? Nifty. Hey! I've got an idea. While you're sucking all the energy in the place to one point, why don't I deliberately put myself in the pathway and just start soaking that energy like a sponge. What you redirect, I'll take freely. All your vortex would do is give me enough energy to resist it and make me just that much more dangerous.

I'll reiterate. You suck all the energy to point A and the puts himself deliberately in the pathway of the sucking to draw off the energies that you are draining.

What's to keep my energies from being sucked in? Elementary my dear Watson. You keep the pressure on-and I keep the pressure going. Stalemate.

You sure you wanna put yourself into that vortex? I mean you think that standing in the path of the vortex will empower you, but there are two possible scenarios that could happen:

1. You could overload yourself and put yourself out of the battle. Like I said above, Ray II hasn't reached his limits because no one was there to push him. Quasar has been pushed by all kinds of cosmic powerhouses. And he's certainly learned how to push back.

2. Your energy powers starts to get sucked into the vortex making you weaker and weaker till eventually you will have nothing left.

Elementary my dear Psyquis. I keep the pressure on, and you'll buckle under the pressure.

Redirect my blasts and I'll just take them back to reuse. Everything I shoot at you will be perfect energy type for me to pull right back into my person.

The force fields will still be there.

Then again, what if I don't send it back to you and I just redirect your blasts towards Thor? Thor's magical shields will be penetrated by my Quantum Sword Hyperion has. As for your forcefields on Thor, they'll go down due to the constant bombardment of your own energy blasts weakening them in addition to the blunt force trauma and flash vision being used on the shield by Hyperion.

I'm impressed. That really is a pretty hot feat. Someone help me out on this one...is Quasar human? Cause I thought he was just a human with those bands right? So what's to keep me from blinding him when he gets that close? Automatic defenses? I doubt it. Harsh light is barely a physical threat. You'll be temporarily blinded (unless you can show me when Quasar's bands have automatically protected him from bright light.) So go ahead and slow me down. I have more tricks where that came from.
Also I already stated that I want you to find me, but I don't want you to see me. We'll be fighting in a field of darkness thanks to moi. So you'll know where I am all right but it won't be so easy to grab me.

Like I stated in my prep post, Quasar will be covered head to toe with Quantum Armor. Just like this:

See how he says he'll let the Quantum bands do the seeing for him? I already anticipated your character trying to blind me. That's why he's in head to toe armor in the first place. Nice try though.

As for me grabbing you, I already addressed that above.

You guys also have a very powerful team. I wish you the best of luck.

But what if we're the best team and we still lose? confused

oh.

He took them on but if you read his bio it says he can move to the speed of light...not faster than the speed of light but at the speed of light. Sorry.

Quasar can transcend the speed of light via Quantum Jumping. Actually I could BFR you and your team. It could take you guys awhile to get back making me the winner by default. I mean, Quasar has sent beings through a Quantum Jump before. People who were willing to go. See:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/qua.jpg

I don't see why Quasar couldn't theoretically send beings against their will.

Thanks for bringing up that speed of light to jog my memory on things like that.

Turn your attention to someone else and I'll show you how useless I am. :

Redirect and I'll redirect, soak up and I'll soak up. Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Stalemate...again.

I addressed this above.

I won't stop the assault with Quasar until Ray is down for the count. And good sir, Ray II is down for the count.

We are going around in circles when it comes to this energy thing huh?

It does take time for him to overcome the color BLACK! Not darkness. BLACK! Why? Who knows? This is DC we're talking about. MM was vulnerable to fire, GL was vulnerable to yellow and Superman is vulnerable to green rocks. Who knows why they decide these things?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Lack of experience. Gotcha. You know the Ray was created yesterday. He's been around for a bit. It's not like your fighting Wonder Girl or something. The Ray has already established himself as a hero and faced opponents that skilled veterans have trouble beating. Like Dr. Polaris. You might remember him giving a few GL's a hard time.

Conjecture isn't exactly solid grounds for making an arguement. He may have a limit but you and I don't know what it is. So where does that leave us?

DC is the king of inconsistencies.

Dr. Polaris would get himself owned oh so hard by Quasar. Not even a fair competition. I mean Quasar has taken on beings like Magus, Thanos, Surfer, etc...

Your limits have not yet been reached. But it is sufficient to say no one has been there to push them. Quasar will do just that.

*turns on tv* There's nothing on at this time in morning. I swear!

I don't know my limits! I have none. I am ugly and monstrous! BEWARE MY WRATH! Hahahhahahahaah!

Your mom.

I have attacked you and your characters in every which way I can. Not much else but to declare me and Accel the winners. stick out tongue

I'm watching the Cross Crunch infomercial.

I will show you your limits. stick out tongue

And what's this talk about my mom. mad

Oh by the way... Any type of power amping during prep is banned. As you recall the battle with Blair/Newjak and Khell and KVD, Khell caught on to what Blair and Newjak were doing in their prep post. Illadeplh and Digi both said that what they did was null and invalid except for the shields. Khell called Blair and Newjak on them for power amping.

If people need a reminder:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=411782&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

So no sun dipping for Cyborg Supes. He could do it during the battle, but all of his other teammates will be busy fighting for their lives to do that.

Oh, Psyquis.. Can you use the another word or metaphor instead of the word suck. Your starting to creep me out. shock

Psyquis52
Junior? Your probably not much older than me. Then I could be wrong. Let's get it on old timer!
Actually it was just a figure of speech. I mean...I'm not that old. I don't think I'm that old. I hope I'm not that old.

Is 25 old here? embarrasment

I'm sure Ray II's energy siphoning abilities are powerful, but c'mon... Ray II beating the Quasar at his own game? C'mon now. Quasar is the king of energy siphoning. He is better at it than surfer is who is arguably the most powerful herald:
Not beating. Matching. Tricking. Maybe even outwit. I may be LESS experienced (not inexperienced) but I'm also young which means I'm reckless enough to try it, and there's no reason to think I can't play that game.

If you believe your energy siphoning abilities have no limits, guess again. Others have tried to leech off Quasar or drain him of his energy. Things did not bode well for those beings. Ah! Random villain from space < Ray II. That's not going to work for me. And just because Quasar says he's the best doesn't make him the best.

No one beats Quasar at his own game(except beings like Thanos/Magus): Maybe in Marvel that's how this plays out but I'm from DC. Sides, what is Quasar's game? Tennis? Chess? Ooh! Ooh! Backgammon! Ray can totally kick Quasar's butt at that!

You must not also forget, Ray II's limits have not been pushed to the threshold yet. If anyone can do it, Quasar can. Try to drain my energy will you? I'll force feed you so much energy you'll implode just like Absorbing Man: That's presuming that there is a threshold. Go ahead and force feed me energy if you like. I won't stop you from doing that. I've had enough fun just avoiding you draining me, now you're force feeding me. That's called, "feeding the fire."
What is it? Starve a Parasite, feed a Ray? Or is it Feed a Absorbing Man, Starve a Ray? I can't remember.

Again your forcefields will be dissipated by my energy vortex. Take a look at this scan again:
See how Quasar locked onto Watcher and basically forced him to materialize? That's exactly what'll happen to you. Like I said, Ray II is powerful, but inexperience will lead to your downfall.
Yikes. There you are with the inexperience line again. He's not inexperienced. Excuse the heck out of me if he's never fought a Watcher before. That doesn't mean he can't handle a little one on one action with Quasar. Less experienced, Yes. Inexperienced, No.

You sure you wanna put yourself into that vortex?
Yep smile

I mean you think that standing in the path of the vortex will empower you,
Uh-huh.yes

but there are two possible scenarios that could happen:
1. Richard Simmons hair could deflate. (it could happen)
2. I could get a little tougher and totally avoid or shut down your vortex.
How do you like dem apples.

1. You could overload yourself and put yourself out of the battle. Like I said above, Ray II hasn't reached his limits because no one was there to push him. Quasar has been pushed by all kinds of cosmic powerhouses. And he's certainly learned how to push back. Well appearantly the Ray has been pushed before by trying to take on a god of Light who was coming to destroy the world. I won't say he won but then again he didn't lose. Actually the Ray ended up talking him down. That god had a little bit of a buzz going on.

2. Your energy powers starts to get sucked into the vortex making you weaker and weaker till eventually you will have nothing left. Except that whatever energies I take onto my person (better than suck?) will be used to further reenforce my force field. So my energies will be protected in my field that you will find is a lot more resistant to your vortex of massive sucking action. (I couldn't help it)

Seriously though. I'll withstand the vortex as long as I have enough energy to protect myself. You'll find me to be quite resilient, but thank you for your concern.

Elementary my dear Psyquis. I keep the pressure on, and you'll buckle under the pressure.
Not necesarilly. I can power up to the point that I can withstand the vortex, but I would need to channel a lot of energy in a short amount of time.

Wait a minute. Someone set up this lovely energy vaccum! It's awesome. It's better than a tanning bed! I'll just get in front of that and take what I need. Wow. I'm so relieved.

Then again, what if I don't send it back to you and I just redirect your blasts towards Thor? Thor's magical shields will be penetrated by my Quantum Sword Hyperion has. As for your forcefields on Thor, they'll go down due to the constant bombardment of your own energy blasts weakening them in addition to the blunt force trauma and flash vision being used on the shield by Hyperion.
Nah. My shields don't need to be maintained once they are in place. It's like spent money. You don't get it back. Of course for the simple price of 15mins of prep you can have for yourself ------ YOUR OWN FORCE FIELD! Yes my friends a new force field to protect you from all those pesky Hyperion sword poking hippies, that don't weaken nor affect Thor in the slightest. Isn't that great kids!

BTW I think I'm doing a poor job of making this clear. Those beams I've been shooting at you...I've been planning on you attempting to redirect them. They are subsidient energy. That means that after a while the energy dissipates becoming volatile. I will it to go only so far. I intend to hit Quasar. If Quasar redirects it then the energy disappears. It saves me on juice and saves me the embarrasment of seeing one of my teammates getting roasted by my stuff.

Like I stated in my prep post, Quasar will be covered head to toe with Quantum Armor.
See how he says he'll let the Quantum bands do the seeing for him? I already anticipated your character trying to blind me. That's why he's in head to toe armor in the first place. Nice try though.
Awwwww. What a cute outfit. But you still have eyes right? And you want to see right? Deflect a direct shot of light right to your eyes! This stuff is my specialty in the energy manipulation game.
As for me grabbing you, I already addressed that above.
No, no, no. I said as for you grabbing me! I don't want to grab you. That's stupid. You have armor everywhere. What would be the point in that?

Quasar can transcend the speed of light via Quantum Jumping. Actually I could BFR you and your team. It could take you guys awhile to get back making me the winner by default. I mean, Quasar has sent beings through a Quantum Jump before. People who were willing to go. See:I don't see why Quasar couldn't theoretically send beings against their will. You're just trying to make my life difficult aren't you. Okay. You Quantum Jump to give yourself from one point to another faster. That's great. You try to do the same to me. Fine, but it appears that Quantum jump portals (or whatever you want to call them) are stagnate. So you'll have to run me into one or convince me to go. But I talked a god down once so I don't think you'll convince me it's a good idea.
As far as you yourself using them. That would be good for long distance travel I'm certain but how many times have you seen him use it in the midst of a battle. Not very often I'd wager. Probably because it's not an entirely effective plan. If you wanted to BFR our team you'd have to run us into it and we aren't going. (period)
This doesn't actually increase your speed. You can still only move at the speed of light. You just have a nifty travel method to piggyback onto.

I won't stop the assault with Quasar until Ray is down for the count. And good sir, Ray II is down for the count. Huh-uh. I've got a Klondike bar and everything. I'm still going strong and coming back for more.
We are going around in circles when it comes to this energy thing huh?
Yeah.

DC is the king of inconsistencies. That and silly side-kick names.
Dr. Polaris would get himself owned oh so hard by Quasar. Not even a fair competition. I mean Quasar has taken on beings like Magus, Thanos, Surfer, etc...
Woah! Someone is severly underestimating DR. P here bucko! This cat gave GL Hal a hard time! Heck he took on the JLA. The guy is a total psycho!
Your limits have not yet been reached. But it is sufficient to say no one has been there to push them. Quasar will do just that. Awwww. Are we all out of battle strategies? wink

I will show you your limits. stick out tongue I'll show you pictures of my two dogs. One's a dachsund and the other's a beagle.

And what's this talk about my mom. mad
I was out of good ideas.

Oh, Psyquis.. Can you use the another word or metaphor instead of the word suck. Your starting to creep me out. shock
My overly emphatic vocabulary can only stretch so far. You'll have to suck a different word out of me. stick out tongue

grey fox

Adam Warlock
Not beating. Matching. Tricking. Maybe even outwit. I may be LESS experienced (not inexperienced) but I'm also young which means I'm reckless enough to try it, and there's no reason to think I can't play that game.

While your trying to keep up with Quasar, your teammates fall against their respective opponents who then proceed to come after you. 3 on 1 gangbang!!! With Ray II on the receiving end of it.

Ah! Random villain from space < Ray II. That's not going to work for me. And just because Quasar says he's the best doesn't make him the best.

Stardust was a powerful energy manipulator as well:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/stardust.htm

He wasn't just a nobody. He gave Rom The Spaceknight a good fight in Rom Annual #1. Rom barely defeated him. So much for random.

Maybe in Marvel that's how this plays out but I'm from DC. Sides, what is Quasar's game? Tennis? Chess? Ooh! Ooh! Backgammon! Ray can totally kick Quasar's butt at that!
That's presuming that there is a threshold. Go ahead and force feed me energy if you like. I won't stop you from doing that. I've had enough fun just avoiding you draining me, now you're force feeding me. That's called, "feeding the fire."
What is it? Starve a Parasite, feed a Ray? Or is it Feed a Absorbing Man, Starve a Ray? I can't remember.

How bout a fist fight with no powers to settle it. Oh wait, Quasar is an ex shield agent who would probably own Ray II in a fist fight. Seriously, Quasar is the man when it comes to energy absorption. That's his forte.

I'd like to see scans of how powerful Ray II is. I mean... I've backed up nearly everything I said with scans. How bout returning the favor.

Yikes. There you are with the inexperience line again. He's not inexperienced. Excuse the heck out of me if he's never fought a Watcher before. That doesn't mean he can't handle a little one on one action with Quasar. Less experienced, Yes. Inexperienced, No.

Like I said before, Quasar trumps this kid in battle experience. I mean Quasar has a whole universe to protect along with protecting Epoch. Who is Ray II again? A kid who was born with powers.

1. Richard Simmons hair could deflate. (it could happen)
2. I could get a little tougher and totally avoid or shut down your vortex.
How do you like dem apples.

How would have control over my vortex again? Your gonna try and beat the someone who is more powerful, more experienced, and has a direct link to Epoch who practically is the source of cosmic awareness in the Marvel Universe who can tell Quasar what to do in impossible situations?

Riiight....

There are 7200 Gl's out there protecting the DC universe. There is only one Quasar protecting the Marvel Universe.

Well appearantly the Ray has been pushed before by trying to take on a god of Light who was coming to destroy the world. I won't say he won but then again he didn't lose. Actually the Ray ended up talking him down. That god had a little bit of a buzz going on.

I read that. Ray II was the only one able to access that dimension or reality. So it was him who talked the Light Entity out of coming to Earth. Ooohhhh... whooped dee freaking doo.... All he did was talk to him. It's not that hard to talk a drunk out of doing something stupid.

Except that whatever energies I take onto my person (better than suck?) will be used to further reenforce my force field. So my energies will be protected in my field that you will find is a lot more resistant to your vortex of massive sucking action. (I couldn't help it)

Seriously though. I'll withstand the vortex as long as I have enough energy to protect myself. You'll find me to be quite resilient, but thank you for your concern.

It would be debatable to see if Ray II could actually do the things your saying. I only have 3 comics of Ray II. #3, #4 and #6 of his mini series. Man was that lame when Ray gets knocked out cold by a freaking rock of all things even when he's immaterial. So much for durability.

I would like to see how powerful Ray II is. What are his greatest feats and what not.

Cause the way I'm seeing this, Ray II is like a Quasar extra lite. Only thing is he has to absorb solar energy to be powered. It won't be hard for Quasar to figure this out. Change the frequency in his energy blasts accordingly to affect Ray II. Man... I don't even think Quantum Energy has the same energy signature as solar energy. I mean, Quasar can adjust his energy frequencies. Can Ray II do that as well?

Not necesarilly. I can power up to the point that I can withstand the vortex, but I would need to channel a lot of energy in a short amount of time.

Wait a minute. Someone set up this lovely energy vaccum! It's awesome. It's better than a tanning bed! I'll just get in front of that and take what I need. Wow. I'm so relieved.

How could withstand something when it is obviously much more power you can handle? Who's to say you won't implode before you get the chance to redirect the energy? Your opinion? Opinions sometimes need to be validated with proof. Unfortunately, you don't have any.

And to address this again, you standing in front of my energy vortex will not be a good idea. A quick reminder on what my energy vortex is:

Even if you stand in front of it and absorb the energy, that very same energy will be drained from your body turning you into a powerless being.

Nah. My shields don't need to be maintained once they are in place. It's like spent money. You don't get it back. Of course for the simple price of 15mins of prep you can have for yourself ------ YOUR OWN FORCE FIELD! Yes my friends a new force field to protect you from all those pesky Hyperion sword poking hippies, that don't weaken nor affect Thor in the slightest. Isn't that great kids!

BTW I think I'm doing a poor job of making this clear. Those beams I've been shooting at you...I've been planning on you attempting to redirect them. They are subsidient energy. That means that after a while the energy dissipates becoming volatile. I will it to go only so far. I intend to hit Quasar. If Quasar redirects it then the energy disappears. It saves me on juice and saves me the embarrasment of seeing one of my teammates getting roasted by my stuff.

How will Thor attack Hyperion through his all these shields he has up? I mean, how will Thor counteract Hyperion's Quantum Armor and Ronan's stasis field? Thor will be in big trouble if he gets too close to Hyperion with that stasis field around him. Hyperion also has flash vision that he'll be sending off towards Thor weakening your shields eventually breaking them.

Awwwww. What a cute outfit. But you still have eyes right? And you want to see right? Deflect a direct shot of light right to your eyes! This stuff is my specialty in the energy manipulation game.
No, no, no. I said as for you grabbing me! I don't want to grab you. That's stupid. You have armor everywhere. What would be the point in that?

Ummm.. His eyes are covered. Let me show you again so you can see for yourself:

Quasar does not need his eyes to battle you. His Q-Bands will be doing the seeing for him. I don't think you can blind the Q-Bands Psyquis.

You're just trying to make my life difficult aren't you. Okay. You Quantum Jump to give yourself from one point to another faster. That's great. You try to do the same to me. Fine, but it appears that Quantum jump portals (or whatever you want to call them) are stagnate. So you'll have to run me into one or convince me to go. But I talked a god down once so I don't think you'll convince me it's a good idea.
As far as you yourself using them. That would be good for long distance travel I'm certain but how many times have you seen him use it in the midst of a battle. Not very often I'd wager. Probably because it's not an entirely effective plan. If you wanted to BFR our team you'd have to run us into it and we aren't going. (period)
This doesn't actually increase your speed. You can still only move at the speed of light. You just have a nifty travel method to piggyback onto.

With you flying all over the place running away from Quasar, you could potentially fly right into one or fly into a direction where I'm expecting you. Remember the link to Epoch? Yep, she can see things beforehand and what not. She could also tell me about Ray and his teammates anatomy's and what their vulnerable too.

Here's Quasar using a Quantum Jump in a battle. Actually he used it in a battle he wanted to avoid.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vskree.jpg

Here's a couple of scans of him using it against the other Quasar from the Imperial Guard:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vsguard2-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vsguard3-1.jpg

Like I said, transcending the speed of light.

Sigh... I'm tired. See you tomorrow.

Scoobless
Man .... this would be a whole lot easier to recheck if you didn't all have the same avatar

smallbean

leonidas
wow, GOOD fight, gents. this is actually very close, imo. not sure yet who i'll vote for. anyway totals as i see 'em:

aw-7
accl-4
gf-6
psy-4

keep plugging away boys!! big grin

Adam Warlock

Accel

grey fox

Psyquis52

Adam Warlock
This is my last and final post. GF and Psyquis you guys were great opponents. It's time to end this.

Exiles Hyperion:

This is the man who will be taking the God Of Thunder down. This is a man who can actually achieve break neck speeds Unlike Thor who needs his hammer to attain such speeds. I mean, Thor can achieve the speed of light during flight, but his speed without the hammer is dismal compared to Hyperion's physical battle speed. Speed will be the deciding factor in this fight. Not just speed alone though. This is not the same Hyperion that has fought Thor before. No no no. This version is obviously much more experienced and much more more ruthless than his counterparts. Let me reiterate the fact this Hyperion has already dealt with his realities version of super heroes and villains. This man practically wiped everyone out. His version of Thor included. He says so himself:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/exiles045page10image00012aa.jpg

At the least, this version of Hyperion with his Quantum Armor/Sword, and Ronan's stasis field will at least keep the Thunder God busy long enough for Quasar to finish off Ray II.

Quasar:

Where do I start with Ray II. How is Ray II gonna beat Quasar again? Quasar can do everything Ray II can do and then some. He is more powerful, more experienced, and certainly a much better choice than Ray II was. Quasar has access to crucial information pertaining to pretty much everything in the Marvel Universe(Cosmic Awareness) thanks to his connection to his Cosmic God Daughter Epoch.

Who does Ray II go to for help? His dad? cousin?

Let's go over the things Quasar can do better than Ray II.

The strength of Quasar's Constructs:

I've posted these before, but I'll repost them again. As you can see, the Entire Shia'r Imperial Guard, and the mass of Earth's heroes could not breach his constructs:

Imperial Guard:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/quasar032126xd.jpg

Earth's Heroes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/field.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/field2.jpg

As you can see, in those two scans directly above, if you look closely, you can see Thor's Mjolnir bouncing off Quasar's construct in addition to everything else being fired at it. Jean Grey's Psionic energy doesn't seem to be getting through his constructs as well. It seems you are right about that Unofficial Quasar sight being wrong GF. As you can see, the Mjolnir had no affect on Quasar's construct as well as Jean's Grey's psionic energy had no affect on Quasar's constructs while the Internet site in question vehemently said both types of attacks would easily penetrate Quasar's Constructs. So all that stuff about Magic weapons like Black Knight's Sword or Thor's Mjolnir tearing apart Quasar's constructs is practically tossed out the window. Psionic energy seems to not have any affect against it as well.

Thanks GF for helping me with that.

Quasar's constructs > Thor Mjolnir > Jean Grey psionic Energy

2. Quasar has the best energy absorption skills in this tourney.

Totally draining an energy manipulator who was trying to drain him:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vsstardust.jpg

Draining Warlock of his cosmic energy:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vswarlock.jpg

Draining Eho and the Ego spores while great and powerful Silver Surfer could not:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/maximumsecurity3291nq.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/maximumsecurity3352jq.jpg

In actuality this is what probably would happen to Ray II battling Quasar:

or this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/ttpps0931db.jpg

In the scan directly above, you see how Quasar attuned his Q-Bands to follow his opponents energy trail. Ray II will be a lot easier to track the way Psyquis has argued for Ray II.

Quasar against impossible odds:

I mean, in Quasar issues #26 & #27, Thanos created 4 very powerful beings that battled Quasar at Eon's funeral. 4 previous wearers of the Quantum Bands each sporting 4 exact duplicates of the Quantum Bands. All were created with their previous minds intact. Each instilled with burning hatred for Quasar. All were practically defeated by Quasar at the same time.

Here's a link describing the Quantum Banders he battled:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/quantumb.htm

Quasar battling and holding his own against Mordred The Mystic and the Phoenix Endowed Rachel Summers and eventually getting the better of both:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/vsphoenix1.jpg

Battling a frustrated and angry Watcher who was angry that ten of his kind had been killed:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/quasar150139xy.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/quasar150140jg.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/quasar150171cq.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/quasar150195up.jpg

You can also see how the Watcher turned into a pulse of energy seemingly close to what Psyquis is trying to do with Ray II. Only thing, Psyquis is arguing that Ray II will fly around and play keep away from Quasar. Shoot energy blasts at him to buy his teammates some time hoping his other compatriots are having better luck with their opponents than he is.

In the Quasar VS. Watcher scans above, you can see how Quasar locked onto his energy signature and practically forced the Watcher to materialize due to the amount of energy he was pouring onto the Watcher.

I have no doubt that what Psyquis is saying about Ray II is %100 percent true. But with him having a sort of obscure character gives him a slight advantage when it comes to what that character can or cannot do.

But without evidence supporting his claims, I'm sad to say he has not proved Ray II can take on someone like Quasar. Ray II is powerful. This kid might be able to give good fights against powerful villains like Magneto and Dr. Polaris. But fortunately for me, Quasar is on another level. And I proved it.

As for Cyborg Superman, I have total faith in my partner. Ronan will prove to be much more than Cyborg Superman can handle. If not, Ronan can at least stalemate him until Quasar finishes Ray II off quickly and decsively and Quasar is able to lend a helping hand.

Closing arguments

I'm have to cut this post a little short due to the fact I have to get up in 3 hours and drive to Sacramento which takes about 2 hours to get to.

I have proved that Quasar is > than Ray II and Quasar is the heavy favorite that will be coming out on top.

I have also proved in previous posts that Hyperion can at the very least, stalemate Thor, possibly even Thorbuster him:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/jlavengers2383ws.jpg

whistle

I have made GF think twice about him leaving his nearly invulnerable body to go into titanium steam machines.

Again, I'd like to say good luck to my opponents GF and Psyquis. May the best team win.

Good luck to Accel as well. You've pretty much got Cyborg Superman all taken care of. Post away Accel.

We win!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/NOVA47.jpg

Tha C-Master
This is definately a close match and some things even seeming neck and neck here. Good work guys.

Accel

leonidas
aw--9 (well done, aw)
acc--6
gf--7
psy--5

whew. you guys are NOT making this an easy one to call . . .

newjak86
Originally posted by leonidas
aw--9 (well done, aw)
acc--6
gf--7
psy--5

whew. you guys are NOT making this an easy one to call . . . Yeah this has been really good guys

Psyquis52

grey fox

Psyquis52
I'm going to try to fit this in before I have to leave work. Here it goes.

The Ray's complete battle strategy.

1. Build force fields - using Thor's power set and my own.
2. Use molecular manipulation abilities to null any of Quasar's constructs - including sword, armor, vortexes, and wormholes.
3. Power up using a blast from Mjolnir - one shot is all I need
4. Roast Quasar with concentrated blasts of energy - Shouldn't be too hard to hit him sense he won't be moving all that fast.
5. Obstruct Quasar's flight path - I'd like to thank Cyborg Superman for his support in this by putting little robot blockers up all over the place and using my own hard constructs giving me ulitimate mobility and restricting his
6. Blinding Quasar - sure he can find me but it'll still hurt and possibly affect his aim
7. Powerup Cyborg - a little sundipping does him good
8. Wreak Havok - on everyone after I kill Quasar.

More to come

Accel

LethalFemme
Wow after reading all of this over the past few days. I'm thoroughly impressed.

Scoobless
I've been reading for ages and i'm still not caught up.......

Making each point doesn't have to take 500 words .... no expression

batdude123
Hmm, kind of surprised GF didn't post today considering he has one more left...

Blair Wind
Didnt read through it all.....whos winning?? messed

Tha C-Master
It should be closing, the thing is its so damned close though, its honestly hard for me to decide. I will read again and make my decision tonight.

Scoobless
Voting has to be done by Sunday night....... right?

Blair Wind
tonight...sunday is my match.....last time Digi closed them on Sat. Afternoon

batdude123
Originally posted by Blair Wind
tonight...sunday is my match.....last time Digi closed them on Sat. Afternoon

Our match stopped at midnight on Saturday. erm

Blair Wind
well.....same difference....

Scoobless
aw crap... i thought it was Sunday night... i haven't even finished reading it all yet... was gonna do it tomorrow when i'd have a couple of hours to focus on it

grey fox

Scoobless
OK........ I gotta go now, hadn't planned on voting until tomorrow.... so I wont

Digi said he was away until Sunday anyway (which is why I thought the matches were going on until then) .... so it wont get closed too soon

I'll finish reading over this on Sunday afternoon and vote shortly thereafter

batdude123
AW- 9
Accel- 7
GF- 9
Psy- 7

Psyquis52
Okay!!! It's 11:40pm where I'm at so I have 20 mins to post this and fill in one more post because of time restraints.

Actually, it doesn't really matter because I've already said everything I think is worth saying so I'll just take some time now to thank everyone for voting on this battle and participating as you can. It has been a great and very challenging battle. I'm sorry we didn't meet you two in the finals.

Adam Warlock and Accel are two of the greatest debators in KMC. I wish them well. Whether or not they win they are still sensational.

If you did win then you better win the tournament otherwise I'll be ticked.hyper_rant7900f44c82a964c25f448263bcfaa7a6

Now everyone relax and enjoy the soothing music!!!!
http://www.aztecamex.com/
mistdancejalapenonanermuffindancehellokittyclap

jinzin
I'll will throw my vote down tomorrow noonish...

I must say... great matchup guys you did really well...

I'm a bit concerned that there was a rather large portion of this fight based on what characters MIGHT be able to do... the lack of hardcore feats and evidence for the ray is a bit unsettling, and the whole hyperion hyperbole thing has me a bit "iffy" on were his true power level really is... I mean why should we consider his reality an exact duplicate as 616? we already now that the marvel muliverse is filled with realities where characters are weaker or stronger than their cannonical counterparts on a world to world basis, there's no reason to assume that even if hyperion IS telling the truth that they were on the 616 level....

right now I'm VERY 50/50 on this fight.. both teams made some great arguments and equally great counters, but both have pittfalls in their strategies as well as their use of characters. (hint-adam warlock and accel, you were both VERY lucky due to the fact that cyborg wasn't used to his fullest potential in an environement PERFECT for him to do just that.)

well anywho, I need some time to think about this, and as I said.. tommorrow high noon.. I'll post my final judgment.

Tha C-Master
Firstly, good job guys. Warlock and Accel, GF and Psyquis, both did good jobs and posted good detail. So good that it was difficult choosing.

Ok, after reading this time and time again, it is still so close. Hyperion and his reflexes, with Quasar's energy projection. On the other hand you have Thor and his ability to absorb energy. With Cyborg's all around versatility, it was a good match.

However in the early beginning, after the dispute with shields was settled it became a match of who could absorb the most energy while remaining shielded and make the other team useless. Reading the proof here I concluded that Thor can INDEED absorb from multiple energy sources just fine, and the ones that Hyperion and Quasar aren't anything that he hadn't done before, that it would be his similar playing field.

A problem the debate and regards to Hyperion was alot of his, "blah blah blah" feats, which aren't solid enough to give a judgement one way or the other and seemed to just be a "I hope this sounds good" kind of feat. I also found Thor's bolt's in the beginning to be a good insurance before the energy manipulating ever took place. Quasar seems to need energy the most to be a large threat, while Thor and Cyborg are built tanks who can also handle energy well. If Hyperion is distracted, or, if Quasar is down, that leaves two tanks across the battlefield that can fight/manipulate with little fear of being taken down, which makes the battle one-sided in their favor.

For those main reasons, I conclude and lay my judgement upon GF and Psyquis, team Thor/Cyborg for the win.

Night guys.

batdude123
Poll and C-Master's vote:

Psy and GF: 2

AW and Accel: 0

smile

Scoobless
Originally posted by jinzin
the whole hyperion hyperbole thing has me a bit "iffy" on were his true power level really is... I mean why should we consider his reality an exact duplicate as 616? we already now that the marvel muliverse is filled with realities where characters are weaker or stronger than their cannonical counterparts on a world to world basis, there's no reason to assume that even if hyperion IS telling the truth that they were on the 616 level....

Actually there is basis for comparison:

Holocaust has knocked around Thor (and others) before, and was only defeated by the combined force of the Avengers (Avengers #402) - Hyperion cracked him open and ate him inside 1 minute

Also, the Hyperion that matched Gladiator's strength and speed in battle (until his neck was snapped), and who has also beat down Thor, was one of the two 'good' Hyperions that King Hyperion was smacking around the place in Exiles #65

The fact that he's sporting Quantum armour says, to me, that he's going to be tough enough to beat Thor or Cyborg Supes one on one

I honestly don't believe that Ray can beat Quasar in any energy related feats

Cyborg manipulating the environment would be an annoyance, however I'm sure in the drafting threads that Cyborg Superman was limited to a single body.... but if he can take over Ronan's armour he would get a win there

This was always a close match, but I have to vote for AW/Accel

It may have been less close if AW/Accel had mentioned that Cyborg Superman actually exists as an energy being inhabiting various forms of armour and was, thus, extremely vulnerable to Quasar

One last thing, this scan is not at all viable:

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/1117/forcefield0010tj.th.jpg

It states that it is Loki controlling (or disguised as) Thor... therefore it's unclear whether the powers being used are Loki's or Thor's.... but seeing as Loki cannot use Mjolnir's powers it seems that the shields are all Loki's

grey fox
Actually there is basis for comparison:

Holocaust has knocked around Thor (and others) before, and was only defeated by the combined force of the Avengers (Avengers #402) - Hyperion cracked him open and ate him inside 1 minute

Also, the Hyperion that matched Gladiator's strength and speed in battle (until his neck was snapped), and who has also beat down Thor, was one of the two 'good' Hyperions that King Hyperion was smacking around the place in Exiles #65

The fact that he's sporting Quantum armour says, to me, that he's going to be tough enough to beat Thor or Cyborg Supes one on one

I honestly don't believe that Ray can beat Quasar in any energy related feats

Cyborg manipulating the environment would be an annoyance, however I'm sure in the drafting threads that Cyborg Superman was limited to a single body.... but if he can take over Ronan's armour he would get a win there

This was always a close match, but I have to vote for AW/Accel

It may have been less close if AW/Accel had mentioned that Cyborg Superman actually exists as an energy being inhabiting various forms of armour and was, thus, extremely vulnerable to Quasar

One last thing, this scan is not at all viable:

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/1117/forcefield0010tj.th.jpg

It states that it is Loki controlling (or disguised as) Thor... therefore it's unclear whether the powers being used are Loki's or Thor's.... but seeing as Loki cannot use Mjolnir's powers it seems that the shields are all Loki's

He wasn't limited to his body , he was limited to not body jumping to die , unfortunately (for my opponenet) he doesn't need to as he can split his consciousness..

Also if he was loki why does he refer to himself as Thor , more then likely it's mind control.

DigiMark007
Unless there's something I missed, it's 2-1 right now in favor or GF/Psyquis. We still have 2 judges that need to weigh in.

I'll drop them a PM, but will leave this open until we reach a majority for one of the teams.

Debating and such is closed though, obviously.

jinzin
alright well this is honestly where I'm at right now... To me it seems that the most major player on accel's and warlocks team is quasar. While the other two are indeed tanks it appeared as though quasar would be the one doing the most damage to gf and psys' team.

The only major problem with this however was in GF's opening strategy... he started out the match by raining hundreds and hundreds of lightning bolts into the room. After Quasar was shown to have an affinity to weakness against magic, and then the scans of him have major problems with living laser's speed, it doesn't seem likely that Quasar would be dodging much of any of those magically induced lightning bolts that were coming at him... After that all of the power absorbing banter is null and void... Hell, even his sheilding and weapons that he provided to Hyperion would be downright useless...
That said, ray would be able to move about freely about and cyborg supes would be making constructs putting his conciousness into them, turning this quickly into a 2 on 3, 4, 5, or 6 depending on how many constructs. While hyperion MIGHT be able to beat thor in a 1on1 things seem grim for him now, and even moreso for ronin.. The problem with his strategy of attack is that EMP's would only put cyborg into a state of flux and even then only for a moment it wouldn't render him useless... Hell the guy's recovered from darksied's omega beams.

That said, I would be more inclined to believe that Hyperion could handle the overwhelming odds as well if it were not for the fact that a large part of the argument in his favor was based on what could easily be percieved as hyperbole. While were on Hyperion... okay he sniffed up Holocaust... isn't gray fox right though? I mean hasn't sabretooth beat up holocaust? confused

ALL THAT SAID, great work guys I really enjoyed the matchup, the strategy, and the bickering (gotta love that bickering), but when it comes down to it, I'm simply more inclined to believe that GF and Psy's opening strategy while simple, is still very effective here. It truly is just the luck of the draw in this particular instance. Had accel and warlock been able to provide Quasar with something other than his own armor they probably would have taken this match IMO. It's a bit ironic that psy was arguing for an inexperienced character due to the fact that his lack of experience for tourney matchups was showing here by a fair amount (no offense psy) and warlock showed his experience to be superb. Accel, I've never seen you debate before, but I'm very impressed with what you were throwing down here I tip my hat to you, and grey fox, you may be offensive and vulgar but you get the job done, good work.

As it stands from my P.O.V. this matchup goes to gray fox and psy.

Adam Warlock

jinzin
i think the energy syphon or temp drop hardly matters...

the shield that thor's put up and the lightning bolts coming down do...
even IF hyperion gets to him and bypasses the shield lightning would already be on it's way down and quasar is still rendered worthless as would hyperions weapons/shield.

grey fox
grey fox, you may be offensive and vulgar but you get the job done, good work.

I try my best wink

Adam Warlock
If it harldy matters, then why only concentrate on the lightning part? Can Thor really do all this at once within the first milliseconds of the match? Has Thor ever done similar acts like this all the while trying to avoid someone who can attain speeds near the velocity of light? But can Thor do all these things at once?

Thor's done all this within milliseconds .

I reckon Hyperion would actually be fast enough to get to him before even does one of these things.

batdude123
So it appears that GF and Psyquis are the winners. yes

grey fox
If it harldy matters, then why only concentrate on the lightning part? Can Thor really do all this at once within the first milliseconds of the match? Has Thor ever done similar acts like this all the while trying to avoid someone who can attain speeds near the velocity of light? But can Thor do all these things at once?

I reckon Hyperion would actually be fast enough to get to him before even does one of these things.

Has Hyperion killed Galactus ?

Actually why the hell are we even arguing , are posts are ignored from now on and have no outcome on the match anyway (unless you want a tie )

jinzin
you think hyperions fast enough to bypass thors sheild before that thor even makes a thought? erm

I'd like some proof of this kind of power.

grey fox
you think hyperions fast enough to bypass thors sheild before that thor even makes a thought? erm

Again it doesn't matter , After nine post's what we say about the match doesn't matter. This is why the 9 posts were put into place.

jinzin
i realize it doesn't matter.. I just want to see if he can prove this kind of power... if he can, he should have done so before.

DigiMark007
Alright. El Conclusion!

Congrats to both teams, and my commendations on a match well-fought. GF and Psyquis are our first entrants into the finals.

grey fox
Sweet !

Great battle AW , you honestly did really well and got me in a few tight spots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2iaQ1TuSCw&search=Godzilla

Adam Warlock

I'd like to see some proof Thor's fast enough and smart enough to do 4 thing at once.

jinzin
red herring....

also: he doesn't need to be.. two things at once will suffice.. confused

leonidas
thor could have called the lightning and the cold WITHOUT his hammer. i dubt hype could have avoided being tagged giving thor another moment to set up the shield and siphon . . .

i think a big factor was that scan where quasar was badly affected by ONE lightning bolt.

meh, still a very good fight. well done all. smile

Scoobless
thor could have called the lightning and the cold WITHOUT his hammer. i dubt hype could have avoided being tagged giving thor another moment to set up the shield and siphon . . .

i think a big factor was that scan where quasar was badly affected by ONE lightning bolt.

meh, still a very good fight. well done all. smile

To be fair, he was being mind controlled by the Enchantress at the time... and it wasn't a lightning bolt, it was a direct energy assault from Mjolnir.... as far as anyone knows, Thor's sky-based lightning is just natural lightning summoned mystically.... there's really no proof that it contains any magical properties

leonidas
To be fair, he was being mind controlled by the Enchantress at the time... and it wasn't a lightning bolt, it was a direct energy assault from Mjolnir.... as far as anyone knows, Thor's sky-based lightning is just natural lightning summoned mystically.... there's really no proof that it contains any magical properties

i would concede you the point except quasar said he would have been screwed anyway . . . erm

i agree about the lightning though. i've said that in the past but everyone says it's 'magic'. thor controls the elements. he calls lightning. why WOULD it be magical . . ?

and their daxamite constructs were voted on by judges and allowed (though the judges hadn't been picked yet . . . confused ) anyway, since we couldn't beat 'em and get them banned, we decided to join them. wink

Scoobless
their daxamite constructs were voted on by judges and allowed (though the judges hadn't been picked yet . . . confused ) anyway, since we couldn't beat 'em and get them banned, we decided to join them. wink

How many people voted? ... i don't even remember there being a vote

I'm still against it... your version as well.... the whole point of this thing was to be 3 against 3..... i'm really starting to lose interest in the whole tournament

leonidas
How many people voted? ... i don't even remember there being a vote

I'm still against it... your version as well.... the whole point of this thing was to be 3 against 3..... i'm really starting to lose interest in the whole tournament

on principle I'M AGAINST OUR CONSTRUCTS! however, as the rule was allowed, standing on that principle would have done nothing but get our asses kicked in, so we did what anyone else (capable of it) would have done.

Scoobless
Perhaps... but as far as I'm concerned it's cheating... i understand you're only doing it to defend yourselves.... don't BW and NJ think their characters can put up a fight in a 3 on 3 match? if not then they should have chosen different characters

Accel
Good fight GF and Psyquis. thumb up

grey fox
Originally posted by Accel
Good fight GF and Psyquis. thumb up

Thanks accel big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.