Team Fortress 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Smasandian
Does anybody remember Team Fortress Classic?

The remake of an old Quake 2 (i think) mod. If you didnt, it was one of the first team related MP games out there, with individual classes and a few different modes like CTF.

Valve bought the rights to it, and remade the game into the popular TFC on where it had classic maps like The Hunted and 2Forts.

But what made TFC popular was the story about the sequel Team Fortress 2, which was suppose to be uber realistic and crazy team based. But it became non existant for next 6-7 years on where it gained noterity for being vapourware, even coming close to Duke Nukem Forever.

But atlast, Team Fortress is being released with Episode 2, and I think it's going to be free also. ( I think ), it also has a new look.

http://www.planethalflife.com/screenshot.asp?src=/images/screensnew/tf2_20060714_01.jpg

I think its great, and I love how its going to like the old TFC with non realistic gameplay and over the top tatics. I getting kinda of sick of Battlefied esque games nowadays.

But what do you people think?

Yoshiaki
I agree, some originality is necessary nowadays. Some companies need to stop focusing on Graphics and improbe gameplay (Thank you Nintendo, I love you)

SaTsuJiN
I definately loved the feign death stuff ( as the assassin class I think?).. being an engineer was pretty hard... I might give this one a go.. I've only tried the old team fortress like twice lol

Smasandian
Yeah.

I fell in love with it as soon as I played. It was the first game I played online. It's so over the top that it is now so refreshing to play.

I just played it a couple of hours ago, and I still had my sniper skills. Oh, how much I love this game.

I hope Valve gets it right and it was good to stick to the old gameplay instead of its original realistic approach.

SaTsuJiN
it was actually one of the first 'next-gen' titles I saw (the first time it was announced).. I was like wow.. then it never came out lol...

the unrealism of the half life deathmatch mixed with teamplay is definately its shining aspect.. cant wait to see how good it can look 'now'

Smasandian
Yeah, it was in the same category of vapourware as Duke Nukem Forever. Planet Half-Life's forums went crazy after the news.

That's what made it great. The gameplay is so easy to get into, but hard to perfect. You can always tell the different between a good sniper and a bad sniper.

It's funny reading the old previews for TF2 and seeing what they wanted to do, like command hierarchy, network voice communications, a commander overtop field of view, squads and squad leaders having effects to other squad members. Pretty much what any military themed MP game has offered, and oh, thats right Battlefield.

So maybes that's why it took soo long to produce, they had to redo everything from scratch, and develop Half Life 2, Steam, and Source. So hopefully its fun.

IceJaw
Man, I'm soo gonna buy this game.

The graphics look so..so...droolio

SaTsuJiN
graphics are going to be cell shaded http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/halflife2episode2/screenindex.html

an interesting move..

Smasandian
Yeah.

There's a in-game trailer at You Tube from the latest convention. It looks alot like the old TFC, which makes me happy cause I love the gameplay.
The graphics and animations look pretty sweet and I wondering if people are going to have a stink about it when it comes out

Also, theyre is ingame footage of Portal also. It looks pretty neat too.

Slay
Yes!
Team Fortress is quite special to me,it was the beginning of my PC shooter career.This news made my day.

Smasandian
Cool.

It was my first MP game.

SaTsuJiN
Q3 and UT (with a dash of half-life) were my first foray into PC shooters... so I hope with the release of this game I can really get into some TF yummy-ness

Smasandian
I hope.

It does look pretty sweet.

Reading an article that Valve spent alot of time making each character stand out from a distance so you know for a fact that your shooting an heavy instead of something else. Thats why they went in the whole cartoon setting, and to something different with a game that can allow that tpye of characters. The only problem I saw was that you couldnt gib as a sniper.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.