Be better if it was a remake?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@
Some say this would be better if it was a remake.

I disagree.

This is something new and a fresh breath of life into the Superman sage.

MattDay
I have just seen the film in the UK

guys you made it sound horrible,

I gotta say it was funny (made the entire audience laugh quite a few times)

Had the action which free flowed between luthor and superman and Lois lanes traumatic relationship.

This was as good as the first superman or worse and as good as the second superman or better, it looked better than both and had the entire audience leaning forwards at some points... made me laugh , got told to shut up though by my brother, ruining the moment for him smile

this film was blown out of proportion in the USA by bullshit and superman haters, "they" just HAVE to say something, but when its something else they don't like they say nothing... its a weird cycle with superman, because he is well loved, but that goes both ways... saying that the UK love the film because we ain't prejudices nor fascist towards anything and don't give a flying fcuk either... just stating the fact there, don't say anything until you been here, then you'd know what bruce willis was talking about when he came over here.

and besides it rocked and it will get a sequel but at the loss of a budget as big as returns... which could hinder having great scenes like the plane.

as that does cost a lot of money overall, getting that scene correct.

8/10 I say, better than all the comic book movies except around the same as batman begins, that was good too but didn't seem as epic in scale, compared, and spiderman which i give a 9/10 as it's now a classic in my eyes, but superman's first revisit is a good one, trust me guys!

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by BlackC@
Some say this would be better if it was a remake. Some would say this was practically a remake.

roughrider
It's a different idea - picking up a story thread 25 years later. Even the Star Wars trilogies were only seperated by 16 years. Because the filmmakers feel what was established with I & II was so iconic, they wanted to honour it and keep going. I think I felt a thrill in the audience, when we see the same Fortress Of Solitude as it was in our childhoods, and seeing Marlon Brando as Jor-El, still.

redcaped
This is a remake of movie 1, step by step...land sell and all that. LoOk, if this movie really came from the 1980 sequel at least half of the world would be destroyed. The old movies are for kids...not for full capable adults.

roughrider
Originally posted by redcaped
This is a remake of movie 1, step by step...land sell and all that. LoOk, if this movie really came from the 1980 sequel at least half of the world would be destroyed. The old movies are for kids...not for full capable adults.

It's not a remake of I. Events, like how Lex Luthor knew where the Fortress Of Solitude was, and Lois being impregnated, were shown in II.

redcaped
Shown but but notttt official prequels. And thisss isss the end of this subject. I'm getting exhausted of this point...less battle!

roughrider
Yesssss, lessss batttttttlllllllee. big grin

redcaped
sick

roughrider
eek! For once, you have nothing to say?

redcaped
Superman

roughrider
thumb up

cain marko
Originally posted by redcaped

i really dont think so... ok it is simmilar i agree but by know means the same.i feel it was lex more trying to persue his dream of the first one bu tthis time he had something that no one else did! the crystals

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.