How strong is Wolverine's healing factor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
Title says it all

The Pict
very strong, based on recent evidence.

steverules
But how'd it happen? I mean did his healing factor some how upgrade or something?

The Pict
i think its limits were never explored.

steverules
So he can regrow his head if it get's cut off and other limbs?

The Pict
he probably can, his whole body was incinerated after all.

steverules
And he healed from a nuclear bomb in Venom: Run

xmarksthespot
Hold him underwater long enough and he'll die.

The Pict
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Hold him underwater long enough and he'll die.

then he'll come back to life wink

Kaos sebaceous
Originally posted by The Pict

really?

The Pict
Originally posted by Kaos sebaceous
really?

he was blown up, all his flesh and organs, except his brain, destroyed so i imagine he would return to live after being drowned.

steverules
I would imagine so but wasn't that storyline PIS?

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by steverules
And he healed from a nuclear bomb in Venom: Run
I doubt it was big enough or powerful enough of a nuke to be classified as a bomb considering there was in tact wooden signs and crap around him.

xmarksthespot
I would imagine so but wasn't that storyline PIS? No not PIS. A big steaming pile of BS more like it...

wsg
So he can regrow his head if it get's cut off and other limbs?

No, he can't. Yuriko Oyoma can though. His healing factor is pretty strong though! He's been hit with a bomb in the face, thrown in a vat of acid and his skin dripping off his flesh, AND he's been thrown into fire pits and hell and servived! I'd say he's strong.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
No not PIS. A big steaming pile of BS more like it... laughing

Agreed....100 %

That was ridiculous...I stopped reading after it.

rox
if he can survive being deatomized by phoenix then he must be pretty strong

zslick
in a comic a incinerate grenade blew right next to him melted him down to his metallic bone and he was dead even his eyes were gone then later in the comic he popped up knocking the guy who i guess killed him and his shoulder was still healing as the skin was covering his muscle tissue

jffxex1980
Cut his head and he dies. Xavier had safety protocols for everyone of his students just in case they go rogue.

buddha8787
how do you behead something with bones made of adamantium...you can cut to the bones but how the f could you ever really dismember him? Unless you sat there iwth a knife cutting around the curves of his bones...while he healed...

wsg
There'd be no possible way to cut through his adamantium neck bone. Nothing can cut thru adamantium. So you wouldn't be able to cut off his head, plus the skin would just keep regenerating as you cut in to it. He can regenerate tissue cells, unlike us. He can't regenerate bone but he doesn't need to worry bout loosing it anytime soon.

Shalimar_fox
if there was some way to cut an vein then hold the blade in that spot he could bleed to death,i feel sorry for who ever try's that

starlock
BTW his normal bone can grow back.
he got a regeneration boost after he recovered from the adamantium being taken out by magneto,at one point he was run over by a car without the adamantium and he went flatline and was dead ,by the time the car passed him over he was up and very pissed
there was a storyline that said the adamantium was slowing his regeneration down,but in recent comics they are really amping his regeneration,
about coming back from just bones(adamantium): the theory is that since the adamantium coats his bones he still has his dna in his bone structure ,so if he is totaly incinerated he can come back because his bones still hold his dna which is a map of who he is

argesilen
Way to kill Wolverine is to kill his brain, only then, his flesh cannot regenerate...There are many ways of doing so, one of them is that Microbe use his powers, and microbes will eat his brain from inside...or something like that...

Vim
Originally posted by argesilen
Way to kill Wolverine is to kill his brain, only then, his flesh cannot regenerate...There are many ways of doing so, one of them is that Microbe use his powers, and microbes will eat his brain from inside...or something like that...

This one is the best so far, because the microbe could travel through his mouth eatting through the tissue that connects the spinal cord to the brain and then getting to the brain, but Wolvie would probably have the guy sliced and diced before the bugs got that far.

argesilen
combine then powers of Microbe and some telekinetic mutant. T would hold W. and Microbe will do the job. Easy...

thorncrawler
drown him in adamantium so he wolud be encased in adamantium and wouldn't be able to get out so he would sofocate and die cos oxygen couldn't get to him to help him!

yestinchong
How about...

Keep him incapacitated long enough such that you can throw him into an ocean.....if you tie him up and keep him unconscious long enough, he will sink down pretty low....

....and ultimately die from that. And then when (and if) his body regnerates and he tries to swim back up, he will not be able to hold his breath underwater long enough and sink back down again.....

...maybe that will keep him dead for good?

Vim
Originally posted by thorncrawler
drown him in adamantium so he wolud be encased in adamantium and wouldn't be able to get out so he would sofocate and die cos oxygen couldn't get to him to help him!

Wow! I don't wolvie getting out of that by himself! He'd definitely have to have some help on that!!

stickman618
just rip out his heart

and fill the cavity so it can't grow back

MickeyJames
its going to b explaned why hes doign stuff like this, thers a reson just wait,

it was in a prevew for a comic

capt it up
he fully come back from the dead on at least 3 occassions

Vim
Originally posted by capt it up
he fully come back from the dead on at least 3 occassions

One he needed help from a cetain Jean Grey to be pulled back from the void.

starlock
i think the preview said they are going to reveal what happens when he gets incinerated,im not sure they will explain the why though

Spoiler.....warning

i think they are going to reveal that he goes somwhere when he dies,like his astral self gets sent somewhere and he has encounters there
i dont think they are going to reveal how he comes back from death(near death) or how his regeneration brings him back,but i hope they do hehe

capt it up
Originally posted by Vim
One he needed help from a cetain Jean Grey to be pulled back from the void.
I was not talking about that at all

speiderman
He must be a strong guy. His recooperative powers are extaordinary as Professor X has said many times in the animated series from the 90s. If you need anymore proof of this watch the scene in X2 when the X-Men are at Bobby's house. The policeman shoots Wolverine right in the head. 8 minutes later the wound heals.

manorastroman
wolverine: choke him to death, drown him, cut off his head (yes, it is possible. thepiece of adamantium coated vertebra you would need to cut through is really, really thin.) ultimate hulk him to death, bleed him to death, any telekinetic could do it...

Blind
Originally posted by jffxex1980
Cut his head and he dies. Xavier had safety protocols for everyone of his students just in case they go rogue.

This is true, it was pointed out in the Onslaught saga.

I think, as for cutting through his adamantium and everything, it would depend on if his cartiledge is covered in adamantium, too. I don't think it is... so if someone pulled hard enough on his head, and could seperate the vertebrae in his neck that way... that would probably kill him.

Just never put the head back on the body.

anamantium
Originally posted by wsg
No, he can't. Yuriko Oyoma can though. His healing factor is pretty strong though! He's been hit with a bomb in the face, thrown in a vat of acid and his skin dripping off his flesh, AND he's been thrown into fire pits and hell and servived! I'd say he's strong. there is a prosedure to produce anamantium into your body i had it done not so bad if you get shot a million times youl never die!!! anamantium is realy indestructible
i dont care about haveing meatal in me

anamantium
Originally posted by buddha8787
how do you behead something with bones made of adamantium...you can cut to the bones but how the f could you ever really dismember him? Unless you sat there iwth a knife cutting around the curves of his bones...while he healed... hey dont make fun of me! theres a prosedure to put anamantium in your body dosent take long just let your body get used to it why dont you get my same prosedure i got and you can get shot with a gun a million times on the head bounce bounce they will go off of the head like a 0% change itl go thru the anamantium i like haveing it why dont you email me at [email protected] ill tell you more info about it!!!!!

xkalybr
If you are strong enough to hold Wolverine underwater... he'll drown.

If you are strong enough to throw Wolverine into space... he'll suffocate and freeze.

If you are able to tie him up with rope or chains, whatever... you could starve him to death.

Wolverine's bones are unbreakable, but someone like the Hulk could pull his arm out of his shoulder socket. Cartilage, ligaments and tendons are flesh, not adamantium. Wolverine's head could be ripped off as well.

capt it up
Originally posted by xkalybr
If you are strong enough to hold Wolverine underwater... he'll drown.

If you are strong enough to throw Wolverine into space... he'll suffocate and freeze.

If you are able to tie him up with rope or chains, whatever... you could starve him to death.

Wolverine's bones are unbreakable, but someone like the Hulk could pull his arm out of his shoulder socket. Cartilage, ligaments and tendons are flesh, not adamantium. Wolverine's head could be ripped off as well.
non of those will work. yes he will die how ever he will come back to life he is immortal as shown in issue 48.

last one won't work either ba'al tried it and failed as has sabertooth.

capt it up
Originally posted by manorastroman
wolverine: choke him to death, drown him, cut off his head (yes, it is possible. thepiece of adamantium coated vertebra you would need to cut through is really, really thin.) ultimate hulk him to death, bleed him to death, any telekinetic could do it...
won't work an exspert swords men tried and failed. you know silversamur and ogun both failed to do so.

stickman618
what happens when you chop off a limb(say he doesn't have adamantium)?

will it grow back?
or will it turn into a stub?

kayakat
doesn't he walk around with one arm in some of the comics?

stickman618
in AoA i think

starlock
In A.O.A logan purposely put a cap on his hand so it would not grow back,he kept it a secret weapon that he still had claws. at least thats what the backstory was when i read the AOA synopsis

stickman618
so limbs will grow back??

capt it up
Originally posted by stickman618

will it grow back?
it will grow back

stickman618
what about his head??

(again assuming he doesn't have adamantium)

capt it up
what about his head??

(again assuming he doesn't have adamantium)
been there done it during world war 2 in issue 32 if im not mistaken.

Wolverine2006
Hulk couldn't tear the cartilage in Wolverine's spinal cord...I doubt it can be severed in the 616 universe

stickman618
been there done it during world war 2 in issue 32 if im not mistaken.

cool eek!

can someone please post a pic with his head growing back please big grin

capt it up
cool eek!

can someone please post a pic with his head growing back please big grin
it was not shown only stated

stickman618
well........

can you post a pic of that then please

Ryonslaught
How Strong Is Wolverine's Healing Factor?

As strong as marvel feels like it shoud be! stick out tongue
Depending on the mood of the writer's Logan can be a pissant sissy boy (which he is) stick out tongue to an unstopable shrimp! roll eyes (sarcastic)
I mean really.......he survived a nuclear bomb? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Marvel needs to stop appeasing Logan's lil fans and actually stick to a script! mad

At the rate they'r hyping his healing factor he might as well be called Pheonix cool

sapphiremouse
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
Hulk couldn't tear the cartilage in Wolverine's spinal cord...I doubt it can be severed in the 616 universe Not sure what book it was from.... Maybe What if?... remember it was set in the Savage Land, The Adversary was setting up everyone and The Hulk was a wild card. But anyways during this storyline Hulk pulped the crap out of wolverine over and over in a full crazed fury and managed to dislodge a single vertebrae killing wolverine.

cant find this issue , ive got it but too many to sort through

capt it up
well........

can you post a pic of that then please
no scanner and my comics are at home, becuase I am at college

capt it up
Originally posted by sapphiremouse
Not sure what book it was from.... Maybe What if?... remember it was set in the Savage Land, The Adversary was setting up everyone and The Hulk was a wild card. But anyways during this storyline Hulk pulped the crap out of wolverine over and over in a full crazed fury and managed to dislodge a single vertebrae killing wolverine.

cant find this issue , ive got it but too many to sort through
would enevr work in 616. Your think of the what if hulk killed wolverine.

hunter_blake05
its strong it can heal all.... even bullet, stab wound or slash....
its like deathstrike healing factor

xkalybr
If Wolverine is an immortal, what would happen if Wolverine is tied in chains and then cut in half by an adamantium saw... does that mean each half of his body will make a new half?

If that is the case, then there would be 2 Wolverine's running around.

poncho73

will it grow back?

I have read the entire thread and I have to say that because of respins over the years and as someone mention before, the appeasement of the wolverine fans, they have lost touch with reality in a fictional reality. I think that I can allow for skin, muscle and tissue to regen, but I have to stop at bone. I don't know what makes bones grow with us as we get older, but I do know that you can come back 1000 years later and all the tissue and such are gone...the bone is still there. Loose the bone, loose the regen. I would say stump in that case.

A thought...if the mutant gene is stored in the brain, then all you would have to do to him is take his brain and store it. Take his body and store that. Put the two together say 1000 years later and see if he were to regen then. If the Marvel guys can go WAYYYY to far, so can I. big grin

BTW...I am just old school. What is this A O A that i read in the post?

capt it up
actaully his healign fatcor is in his soul and every single cell. Also he can gorw back limb's and has been stated as such. He also has gorwn his head, back and has also grown his claws back before as well.

poncho73
actaully his healign fatcor is in his soul and every single cell. Also he can gorw back limb's and has been stated as such. He also has gorwn his head, back and has also grown his claws back before as well.

OK...now I do hope that you see how totally ridiculous that is don't you.
Grow back your HEAD??? confused

And grow back something that isn't grown in the first place??? Claws??? that is the most idiotic thing that I have heard of. I have always had trouble with the explanation of a hero across multiple platforms, because they start trying to one up each other or outright refuse to acknowledge each others additions.

stickman618
he's always had claws

anywayz

what if his body was vaporized and only his head remained, would his body grow back??

what if he was split right down the middle, which half would grow back??

what if only a hand remained, would his entire body grow back from his hand?

(all of course assuming he has no adamantium)

Immortality
I agree with Poncho, all that sounds ridiculous!
I really doubt Wolverine's an immortal, I don't think he'd be able to regenerate if whole limbs were to be cut off.

MR.Grum
he can grow back from a singal cell in like 6-8 pannels no expression

MR.Grum
Originally posted by Immortality
I agree with Poncho, all that sounds ridiculous!
I really doubt Wolverine's an immortal, I don't think he'd be able to regenerate if whole limbs were to be cut off. blasphemy!

poncho73
We know that wolverine was picked primarily because of his healing ability. This allowed the grafting of the metal to his skeleton. I was just thinking of a couple of things as I read the replies. Some may remember an issue of one of the spiderman comics in which Spidey gets pissed at Doc Oct because he hurts the Black Cat. Spidey Rips the arms out of Doc and throws them away. That reminded me of when Magneto levitates Wolverine in the movie. What if Mags just went nuts and ripped the metal out of wolverine sorta like the security guard in part 2.

The other thing that I thought about was video games and RPG board games. The limit to being able to regen is usually directly related to a persons system. If you think about it like HP (health points), as long as a person has HPs, he can regen...when those points get too low, he can't. So if this is the case, the load that was put on Wolvie would have had to make him collapse from exhaustion after the Phoenix' onslaught in the movie.

Oh BTW....the "cancellation kid" would have been the perfect defense against Phoenix. He would only need to get near her and her powers would be nullified. Then just stick her with one of those needles and problem solved.

MR.Grum
actaully his healign fatcor is in his soul and every single cell. Also he can gorw back limb's and has been stated as such. He also has gorwn his head, back and has also grown his claws back before as well. that whole claw thing was when he had bone claws if some one comes and breaks them now there aint no growing back unless he still has his bones under there and even then bone claws suck

argesilen
His regeneration abillity can't be in his every cell, it's just stupid, what if for example would left 2 cells, and both of them would form Wolverine in adult form, so there would be 2 W. Well, why not tear wolverione into 1000000 cells so the world would be flooded with superheoes. By the way, that would mean that there are some written evidence in his cell about his age, so it would reproduce old Wolverine not the baby. And also, the brain is organ that controle his regeneration, or at least it should be, because Wolverine is a human, not just an ameboid structure being who can regenerate when he's cut in half....

stickman618
if he were immortal, he would be classified as omega-level

like MR.IMMORTAL, right?

capt it up
fact logan is immortal ( issue 48)
fact logan regrow his head ( issue 32)

nothign to debate here really

stickman618
another thing

why were people so confused about whether or not logan had bone claws originally?
he obviously had the necessary muscles to move them, i mean, you can't just put metal there and expect it to move by will

Grinning Goku
another thing

why were people so confused about whether or not logan had bone claws originally?
he obviously had the necessary muscles to move them, i mean, you can't just put metal there and expect it to move by will

It's Wolverine, anything is possible. big grin

sapphiremouse
another thing

he obviously had the necessary muscles to move them, i mean, you can't just put metal there and expect it to move by will Actually in the beginning....before he's complete origin was told, he didnt have bone claws. Muscle tendons and ligaments were attached to the adamantium claws in his forearms. its shown in the weapons and vehicles handbook. but that info is like 20 years old and guess doesnt apply to nowadays. kind of cheesey.

Its all about story lines that sell the book. Marvel cant keep anything consistant with original marvel handbook facts, like 20 years ago. Everything gets bended around to sell an idea, even its far fetched.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by poncho73
That reminded me of when Magneto levitates Wolverine in the movie. What if Mags just went nuts and ripped the metal out of wolverine sorta like the security guard in part 2.

That's already happened.

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=magnetoripslogansadamantiumoutqy9.jpg

Arachnid1
Originally posted by The Pict

Accually, depends on the version. Its already been stated that Ultimate version can be killed via suffacation. Not sure about the 616 version.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by MR.Grum
he can grow back from a singal cell in like 6-8 pannels no expression

I thought he was a god then. But he was burnt to his adamantium skeleton. All melted off. Then he regenerated... blink

stickman618
he is immortal in the sense that elves in "THE LORD OF THE RINGS" are immortal

he'll live forever unless he's killed

the question is... how do you kill him??

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by poncho73
I have read the entire thread and I have to say that because of respins over the years and as someone mention before, the appeasement of the wolverine fans, they have lost touch with reality in a fictional reality. I think that I can allow for skin, muscle and tissue to regen, but I have to stop at bone. I don't know what makes bones grow with us as we get older, but I do know that you can come back 1000 years later and all the tissue and such are gone...the bone is still there. Loose the bone, loose the regen. I would say stump in that case.

When Wolverine didn't have metal, his bone claws were broken off, and they grew back.

Most people think Wolverine is over rated, but Iceman has survived as a head until he was able to find a water source.

Hulk can now grow gills and regenerate almost just from bones.

capt it up
he is immortal in the sense that elves in "THE LORD OF THE RINGS" are immortal

he'll live forever unless he's killed

the question is... how do you kill him??
no I mean like when he dies he can keep comming back

guy222
Title says it all

on par or greater than the hulk

Kjetil_Norway
Reading Origin, Weapon X, and other litterature, the origial idea of his healing factor much more limited than the one we're seeing today. But this is somewhat explained through origin with that as he grows older his healing factor increases. But according to his original creator, if his heart stopped completely, he'd die. He would normally regenerate even his bones. In an alternate reality he'd lost his arm because cyclops burned it of, and it did not regrow because of the adamantium that melted into the wound (if my memory doesn't fail me). Also, the more damaged his body gets, the more primal he gets. Oh, and the original idea was that Magneto could sense him, but not control adamantium until after he regained his powers after they got removed by Xavier (the first time).

stickman618
^
i trust that's a good solid source you got that from

starlock
Originally posted by Kjetil_Norway
Reading Origin, Weapon X, and other litterature, the origial idea of his healing factor much more limited than the one we're seeing today. But this is somewhat explained through origin with that as he grows older his healing factor increases. But according to his original creator, if his heart stopped completely, he'd die. He would normally regenerate even his bones. In an alternate reality he'd lost his arm because cyclops burned it of, and it did not regrow because of the adamantium that melted into the wound (if my memory doesn't fail me). Also, the more damaged his body gets, the more primal he gets. Oh, and the original idea was that Magneto could sense him, but not control adamantium until after he regained his powers after they got removed by Xavier (the first time).

Logan put a metal cap on his hand on purpose in the AOA storyline,he wanted a secret weapon,he would have regrown his hand(without adamantium) if he left the wound open and let it heal(if my memory does not fail me hehe)

stickman618
i don't know what to believe anymore wacko

nathan168
anyone know where I can get this series? I cant find it anywhere in stores cuz its kind of old,
and I can't seem to find any seeds for the download I got off mininova

thanks!

nathan168
Ops posted on wrong post
sorry

hunter_blake05
cutting his head off? I'm sure he's dead in that case. why yuriko in x2 killed through the liquid adamentuim in her body.

stickman618
because the adamantium must've surrounded her heart, lungs and other vital organs rendering her unable to breathe

Battlehammer
had hsi heart blown up in secret war..............and was back up on the next paage.

had his head cut off in ww2................and survived.

aoa is not 616. also aoa wolverine purposly stop his arm from growing back.

stickman618
he'd definitely die if he was sitting next to a H2 bomb when it goes off right?

Battlehammer
he'd definitely die if he was sitting next to a H2 bomb when it goes off right?

he just come back. He got hit with a nuke once lol.

stickman618
are you serious?

mr.smiley
I think Wolverine has become a victim of inconsistant writing in terms of his healing factor.Almost every writter has handled the limits of it differently.The extent of his healing factor,I think,realy just depends on who's writing the character at the time.The more he is continued to be written,the more powerful it seems to become.

Battlehammer
are you serious?

yes,but you have to remeber. He does die. He simply immortal in some sense. As Long as his soul does not cross over he will come back to life.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by mr.smiley
I think Wolverine has become a victim of inconsistant writing in terms of his healing factor.Almost every writter has handled the limits of it differently.The extent of his healing factor,I think,realy just depends on who's writing the character at the time.The more he is continued to be written,the more powerful it seems to become.

It is if your looking at different eras. He gotten several upgrades as have all mutants for the most part.

Faith27
Originally posted by hunter_blake05
cutting his head off? I'm sure he's dead in that case. why yuriko in x2 killed through the liquid adamentuim in her body.

nice idea huh...

Battlehammer
head off wouldent work back a few issues ago,but right now we do not know how powerfull Logans healing factor is now

JasonK4
Originally posted by Battlehammer
head off wouldent work back a few issues ago,but right now we do not know how powerfull Logans healing factor is now
He survived an explosion in wolverine #62.

Battlehammer
nice

stickman618
he was reduced to his skeleton twice

once in the mainstream universe, he healed up and survived

and once in Days of Future Past, he died

talk about inconsistency

Battlehammer
he was reduced to his skeleton twice

once in the mainstream universe, he healed up and survived

and once in Days of Future Past, he died

talk about inconsistency
actaully he been reduced to a skeleton more then twice.

also days of the future past was an alternate universe. He did not die either, there was another arc later and Logan had survived.

stickman618
oh, didn't know that

Battlehammer
oh, didn't know that
ya it came about in the 90's.

Genosha
I think it's pretty well understood at this point that he's practically vampire indestructable. Somehow Deadpool's healing factor is supposed to be the most powerfull in a mortal. I know for sure that he got over having a broken neck.

nerobringer777
actually, there is a way to take off wolverine's head while its made of adamantium. captain america's shield is made of carbondanium (i believe) and is the only known substance to withstand wolverine's claws. addy is the attempted reproduction of the accident that became cap's shield.

KingD19
^LOL, What???

Cap's shield is made of a Vibranium and Steel alloy.

The only thing made of Carbonadium is Omega Red's tentacles and his armor.(Carbonadium is Russia's knockoff of Adamantium)

Adamantium is indeed the brain child of someone trying to re-invent the Vibranium/Steel mix, but he ended up with true adamantium, something just as strong and durable, but lacking Vibranium's absorbing abilities.

And their are plenty of substances that can withstand Adamantium.

Other adamantium, vibranium, Uru, Adamantine(the greek gods version), Carbonadium, the Ebony Blade, etc....

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by KingD19
^LOL, What???

Cap's shield is made of a Vibranium and Steel alloy.

The only thing made of Carbonadium is Omega Red's tentacles and his armor.(Carbonadium is Russia's knockoff of Adamantium)

Adamantium is indeed the brain child of someone trying to re-invent the Vibranium/Steel mix, but he ended up with true adamantium, something just as strong and durable, but lacking Vibranium's absorbing abilities.

And their are plenty of substances that can withstand Adamantium.

Other adamantium, vibranium, Uru, Adamantine(the greek gods version), Carbonadium, the Ebony Blade, etc....

That's right. It used to be adamantium-vibranium mix though (depending on the writer) but that was later retconned as far as I know.

His armor was confirmed to be made of carbonadium in the cartoon, not in comics.

KingD19
They never confirmed it in the comics? That's kinda dumb, since just about every time he fights Wolvie, and he has his armor on, the claws do nothing against it.

Darth Jello
Hmmm, I know it depends on the writer, but hasn't there been a trend where how fast Wolverine heals and what he can recover from is largely based on his state of mind and beliefs about himself? His healing factor Didn't kick into insane overdrive in recent times until after he almost died having skeleton ripped out and briefly mutated into that beast thing (god, i know everyone wants to forget that crap). Wasn't this also confirmed in the whole Lazaer storyline and that from now on, he won't be able to withstand the kind of damage he used to?

KingD19
Yeah, to get his soul back, Azrael said that his HF would go down by a noticeable amount, and he could no longer fight him to stay alive.

Darth Jello
So basically in the past, every time wolverine came close to death, it took a battle with Azrael to bring him back to life? I just see this image of wolverine being reduced to a skeleton or something and meanwhile, on the spiritual plane, Azrael is sitting on the toilet, reading a Fantastic Four comic and smoking a cigar when suddenly Wolverine's spirit shows up and Azrael just thinks, "oh, not this shit again..."

KingD19
They struck the 'deal' in WW1, Logan was using 2 knives strapped to his wrists, and when he looked away from slaughtering Germans, he saw this guy in red from foot to head. He had a big sword, and he was killing people too.

Logan had a feeling that if he didn't kill Azrael, he would get killed, so they fought, and Logan won. Every time since then, if he's come as near to death as he can get, he goes to Purgatory, fights Azrael, and wins, so he comes back.

The one time he didn't come back, was after Phaedra and the Hand resurrected him, she kept his soul, and it weakedend him. When Amir got killed(the atlantean he started banging after the Stamford accident), his heart wasn't in the fight, so Lazaer gutted him. Strange found him in purgatory, and got him to come back.

Then he found Scimitar, killed Lady Deathstrikes dad(again), took down the body they were housing the piece of his soul in, and killed Phaedra. In killing her, he made another deal with Lazear to get his soul back. But his HF went down, and if he dies, he'll stay dead.

And yeah, it would be messed up if he was getting some Angelic poon, then Wolvie just pops up. He'll look over and be like, "Dude, I'm almost done here, just let me finish UUUUUUUUUUUP!!!! Ahhh, okay, let's do this."

StiltmanFTW
They never confirmed it in the comics? That's kinda dumb, since just about every time he fights Wolvie, and he has his armor on, the claws do nothing against it.

Remember, it's radioactive...

Cyber wasn't doing so hot with carbonadium pacemaker. Adamantium`s been laced to his skin, yet even that couldn't protect him.

Pre-Weapon X Logan ingested a small portion of it and his HF was reduced to a crawl. So was Daken's one when he got shot in the back of his head. He even suffered temporary amnesia.

OR would just get rid of that armor if it were really made of carbonadium.

By the way, when did wakandan vibranium withstand adamantium?

Yeah, to get his soul back, Azrael said that his HF would go down by a noticeable amount, and he could no longer fight him to stay alive.

He said he couldn't guarantee it would remain as strong smile

I'm not against the idea of downgrading his HF back to classic, Pre-Fatal Attractions levels, but we've yet to see if it really was.

Right after that story there was Aaron's Get Mystique, in which Wolvie had some really hardcore healing feats... there was the Logan mini-series, in which Wolverine fought without a freakin' heart, etc.

Then he found Scimitar, killed Lady Deathstrikes dad(again) (...)

lulz. Shingen wasn't killed wink And he was Mariko's father. Lady D. was a daughter of Lord Dark Wind.

KingD19
Why do I keep thinking that Deathstrike is Mariko? OOOO, her name is Yuriko...

And he killed Shingen....for about 5 minutes.

True enough, I guess writers don't care, Logan will heal through it all.

You have a point about the armor, but I wonder what it's really made of?

Darth Jello
I always thought of Carbonadium as being basically worthless, unstable, radioactive crap. I mean is it a coincidence that no one that I'm aware of has ever thought of making a second C-Synth?

StiltmanFTW
Why do I keep thinking that Deathstrike is Mariko? OOOO, her name is Yuriko...

And he killed Shingen....for about 5 minutes.

True enough, I guess writers don't care, Logan will heal through it all.

You have a point about the armor, but I wonder what it's really made of?

Mariko, Yuriko, Yukio... it's easy to get mixed up.

I wonder if he's gonna wear Shogun's full armor in their next encounter or just the helmet.

They either don't care or see it as the explanation of the future hf speed fluctuating. There was a great review of that arc, but I forgot to save the link.

We all do. Apparently Way thinks it's made of plasticine laughing out loud

KingD19
Lol!!! D'you see Old Man yet?

StiltmanFTW
Nope. Now I'm going to get some sleep, I'll catch up later. I'm sure it's an exciting issue. Maybe even the best so far. Damn, it's been over a year since the first part.

Ize19
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
lulz. Shingen wasn't killed wink

he killed Shingen....for about 5 minutes.

I wonder if he's gonna wear Shogun's full armor in their next encounter or just the helmet.

Does anybody else think, that the guy who stood up at the end of the issue, wasn't Shingen, but Ogun in Shingen's body? Think about it, all of Ogun's bios have hinted that he's coming back for a while now, Phaedra never said she made Shingen immortal, and Shingen took Shogun's helmet. Shingen + Ogun = Shogun? Maybe I'm getting silly there, but what do you think? Is it a crazy idea, or is there a chance?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Ize19
Does anybody else think, that the guy who stood up at the end of the issue, wasn't Shingen, but Ogun in Shingen's body? Think about it, all of Ogun's bios have hinted that he's coming back for a while now, Phaedra never said she made Shingen immortal, and Shingen took Shogun's helmet. Shingen + Ogun = Shogun? Maybe I'm getting silly there, but what do you think? Is it a crazy idea, or is there a chance?

You're making sense. There's definitely a chance for that. But is it within Ogun's powerset to possess someone who got a such acute head injury?

Darth Jello
Does Ogun have any relation to the Beast (the patron demon of the Snake Root and the Hand, not Hank McCoy)?

Ize19
You're making sense. There's definitely a chance for that. But is it within Ogun's powerset to possess someone who got a such acute head injury?

Well, he's healed apparently fatal wounds before, but I don't know about head shots. That would be tough to explain, but come on! Shingen + Ogun = Shogun! It's gotta be, right?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Ize19
Well, he's healed apparently fatal wounds before, but I don't know about head shots. That would be tough to explain, but come on! Shingen + Ogun = Shogun! It's gotta be, right?

Yeah, it's so obvious it hurts.

Satanam
Well, there are two comics proving that Wolverine is, in fact, immortal. Actually, it's more like being revived in PlanetSide 2: he dies and then comes back to life. Wolverine has already been decapitated by Hulk, so he "died" because he couldn't breathe. The cells of his body remained, so when the head was plugged in the body again, he resurrected.
Same for Hulk. Even though Wolverine is immortal in both aging and being injured and Bruce Banner isn't immortal, I remember Banner was shot to dead and Hulk became the owner of its body "forever". Too bad - for Hulk -, they kept him as Hulk and sedated him, so they could bring Banner and take care of him until he was strong enough to survive without Hulk.
I can only take it as: if Banner gets old and suffer from hearth attack, Hulk takes the place and lives forever, together with Wolverine.

TL;DR: Wolverine and Hulk could live together forever. That sounds gay, tho. Perhaps a new comics incoming about Hulk and Wolverine as husbands (or wives)? lol

KingD19
You're a bit late. Logan has been mortal for a long time now. Hard to kill, but mortal.

And there was Hulk: The End. When Banner was the last person on Earth and lived for a few hundred years after mutant roaches killed everything. Everyday the bugs would eat Hulk to mush, he'd heal, and continue. Then Banner finally has a heart attack and Hulk is left behind.

Nerd2daMax
Yes i am pretty sure wolverine can die if you use a adamantium sword or dagger or sharp thing it could cut off his head and he would die i am just speculating though because adamantium is one of the only things that can cut through adamantium
Happy Dance

KingD19
No. It doesn't work that way. They just said that in Origins. Adamantium can't cut through Adamantium. Just like you can't expect steel to cut through steel.

ames0Bailey
I mean did his healing factor some how upgrade or something?http://village.ladysclothes.com/01.jpghttp://village.ladysclothes.com/02.jpghttp://village.ladysclothes.com/03.jpghttp://village.ladysclothes.com/04.jpghttp://village.ladysclothes.com/05.jpghttp://arne.ofxtech.com/06.jpghttp://arne.ofxtech.com/07.jpg

Vensai
The healing factor is really a plot device that is as powerful as it needs to be.

ankur29
Originally posted by Vensai
The healing factor is really a plot device that is as powerful as it needs to be.

thumb up
for 616/mainstream, i guess thats true for other charecters with healing factors also

SevenShackles
Depends on your wolverine. Ultimate wolverine was weak sauce and 616 wolverine fluctuates between insane and outrageous.

KingD19
Originally posted by SevenShackles
Depends on your wolverine. Ultimate wolverine was weak sauce and 616 wolverine fluctuates between insane and outrageous.

What? Ultimate Wolverine survived as a head with his body seven floors/stories below him. With not only full cognitive abilities, but he could somehow speak although he didn't have anything below his chin. Fury told him that because he didn't have lungs, his head instantly adapted and he was now breathing through his skin.

Vensai
What? Ultimate Wolverine survived as a head with his body seven floors/stories below him. With not only full cognitive abilities, but he could somehow speak although he didn't have anything below his chin. Fury told him that because he didn't have lungs, his head instantly adapted and he was now breathing through his skin.
Really? That sounds rather impressive. When was this?

ROTJ Vader
Not immortal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.