Chromehounds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
STILL no topic on this? you kmc dummies wouldnt know a good game if someone threw it in your face roll eyes (sarcastic)

anyway, maybe some people have this game, and if so, shall we discuss it?

El_NINO
I dont have XBOX360 so I wouldnt know if its good, I should be getting one in a few weeks tho.

H. S. 6
It doesn't interest me, at all. erm

I guess it's because any kind of "mech" game has yet to impress me.

PVS
this game is nothing like mech assault. run-and-gun halo kiddies will not last long in this game. very involved with regards to multiplayer. infinite ways to customise your hound(mech), dedicated servers which keep track of all battles (you choose one of three nations and they all war over territories, eventually one nation conquers all and the game resets) gigantic maps and plenty of them...this is rapidly becoming the dominate 360 game and rightfully so. many many bugs to work out with their server as of now, but hopefully that will be smoothed over.

in other words: dont just write it off based on other mech games, as you may be missing out on alot of fun

BackFire
Doesn't interest me in the least. This game strikes me as filler until the real big games come out in a few months. Something to just put on the shelf and take up space and capitalize on the summer drought for the 360. The gameplay looks way way too slow from the videos I've seen, and the graphics look last gen.

Too bad there's no demo on marketplace for it so I can try it out, because there's no way in hell this game is worth a blind buy for me, without knowing that it doesn't suck.

PVS
Originally posted by BackFire
Doesn't interest me in the least. This game strikes me as filler until the real big games come out in a few months. Something to just put on the shelf and take up space and capitalize on the summer drought for the 360. The gameplay looks way way too slow from the videos I've seen, and the graphics look last gen.

Too bad there's no demo on marketplace for it so I can try it out, because there's no way in hell this game is worth a blind buy for me, without knowing that it doesn't suck.

last-gen? dude, play the game and then if you feel its last gen, your opinion would be respected.
and as far as sampling, why not try gamefly?

BackFire
Don't need to play it to know whether or not the graphics are good or not. Just watched a hi res video review from a website, and while the explosions and robots look good, the landscapes and the lighting look really poor, especially by 360 standards. Those are definately what make the game feel last gen for me.

Gamefly costs money, and I don't have an account and to be honest, I don't think this game is worth starting an account for. I'm not a big fan of mech games and like I said, the pace looks way to slow.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by PVS
this game is nothing like mech assault. run-and-gun halo kiddies will not last long in this game. very involved with regards to multiplayer. infinite ways to customise your hound(mech), dedicated servers which keep track of all battles (you choose one of three nations and they all war over territories, eventually one nation conquers all and the game resets) gigantic maps and plenty of them...this is rapidly becoming the dominate 360 game and rightfully so. many many bugs to work out with their server as of now, but hopefully that will be smoothed over.

in other words: dont just write it off based on other mech games, as you may be missing out on alot of fun

Meh, I've seen the videos. I've read the articles. Just doesn't interest me much.

Kinda like Backfire said: it's filler for the summer. Wait for the fall/holiday season to start to get some real games.

DarkC
Read the review for it on OXM, wasn't very impressed. They weren't either.

H. S. 6
And I just checked: IGN gave it a 6.9 erm

PVS
ign doesnt know their asses from their elbows. they reviewed overg fighters as an arcade shooter just so they could give it a failing mark. dont let critics tell you what to buy. but if you cant formulate your own opinion and need an honest and well researched review: http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1193/Chromehounds/p1/

and backfire, im sorry to say, but you may be disappointed when your vision of next gen never comes to fruition. its possible for writers to create perfect lighting and textures etc, in a small environment like 'fight night' or 'dead or alive', but when you have an expansive map with many characters and shapes like this or graw or games of the like, its just not happening.

Mišt
The name sounds familiar, but I cant remember it...

Got a link for screens/vids?

El_NINO
Backfire... do you buy games soley based on how it looks such as you need it to look uber nice in the graphics department or do you buy games based on what the storyline/gameplay is like?

PVS
@mist: on the link provided, you can click the screenshots link on top and it also has links to videos

H. S. 6
So it got an 8.7 from Team Xbox, 6.9 from IGN staff, 8 from IGN readers, 7.9 from Gamespot, 3.5/5 from Gamespy, and an 8 from 1up.

Not exactly stellar, but I suppose it's good for fans of this type of game. Maybe the next time I rent two games, my free one will be this.

BackFire
Originally posted by El_NINO
Backfire... do you buy games soley based on how it looks such as you need it to look uber nice in the graphics department or do you buy games based on what the storyline/gameplay is like?

Storyline and gameplay, but when a game is on a next gen system I expect not to confuse the graphics with games of last gen.

PVS - My vision of next gen is already here, GRAW and Oblivion already have beautiful amazing lighting and graphics within huge environments. And other upcomming 360 games like Gears of War and Mass Effect blow me away as well, while taking place in large expansive environments. Chromhounds environment graphics and lighting are just poor, man.

PVS
Storyline and gameplay, but when a game is on a next gen system I expect not to confuse the graphics with games of last gen.

PVS - My vision of next gen is already here, GRAW and Oblivion already have beautiful amazing lighting and graphics within huge environments. And other upcomming 360 games like Gears of War and Mass Effect blow me away as well, while taking place in large expansive environments. Chromhounds environment graphics and lighting are just poor, man.

while i will agree about graw (which by the way, it wont get any better imho) oblivion is not on the same level. why? constant lagging/map loading.

BackFire
The the pacing in Oblivion is slow enough to wear the loading/lagging doesn't have an adverse effect on the gameplay. It's just a minor nuisance.

I think there are upcomming games that already look better graphically than GRAW. Gears of War and Rainbow Six Vegas both look gorgeous, as does Lost Planet and Bioshock, all games look superior to GRAW, I think.

Smasandian
Originally posted by PVS
while i will agree about graw (which by the way, it wont get any better imho) oblivion is not on the same level. why? constant lagging/map loading.

Graphics will always be better in the later years of the console's life. Resident Evil 4 looks a hell alot better than any other GC launch game.

Same with other games, especially PS2 games.

office jesus
Chromehounds sucks. Strictly an online game. Nevermind how slow it is.

PVS
fine then, new sig and av.

there, now you made me go all fanboy on your asses!

AstroFan

Mass Effect. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.