Depp talks about his 'Unpleasent Kiss with Keria.'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jdl1224
i found this on a myspace site. It's Johnny talking about his "Unpleasent Kiss with Keria" in an article from Germany. it's translated from Spanish so it may sound a bit weird... (from Germany, in spanish? haha- i don't know!)

"Johnny Depp and his unpleasant kisses with Keira.

july 14 2006.
It is clear that with the only person he likes to give passionate kisses is with his formal couple.
The american actor Johnny Depp has made very curious declarations to the german magazine TV MOVIE in wich he confesses that his kisses with actriz Keira where unpleasant .
'I never feel good when I kiss someone who is not my couple' afirms the 43 year old actor in the interview.
He says that the kisses he has with Keira in his new movie Pirates 2 where unpleasant: 'She is 20 years younger than me and I could be her father' he said.

Depp and Vanessa are a formal couple since 1998 and have 2 kids: Lily Rose Melody and Jack John Christopher III."

katelovespirate
meanwhile, Kiera votes him the best onscreen kiss she has ever had in a recent magazine interview. and no wonder. they have amazing chemistry, despite age difference or whatever.

blackpearl44
Yea, so there are spanish speaking Germans....I doubt this article is true....one, because apparently there are spanish speaking Germans from Germany that publish a magazine....and two, what you just said ^^.

katelovespirate
and you know why else i doubt that article was true? that kiss is HOTT

blackpearl44
^^ lol no kidding.

jdl1224
idk. it does kind of sound like something johnny would say. and i admit it was good but he still didn't seem to like it much.

blackpearl44
No, It dosn't really sound like something Johnny would say...........my opinion.

sweet_kat22
Johnny is a professional actor, Whether actors 'enjoy' their onscreen play they have to ACT as if they enjoy it. It made it VERY convincing for the whole audience so even if he didnt enjoy it , it didnt show because 80 percent of audience was convinced that it was a real kiss. Just look back at the first scene when they are About to kiss before he sees the black spot. Didnt it look more like Jack wanted it more then Liz did? Then he had to pull away because of the spot.

So yeah of corse MOST actors and actress's feel uncomfortable kissing someone not of their age or someone they dont have feelings for in real life, But they have to be professional about it. And I say Kudos to Johnny for putting up with it and making the best scene in the movie.

jdl1224
I know he's a professional actor- and an awesome one at that. But in my opinion he just... didn't seem to like it. Like if you watch his other movies- like Chocolat, there was a kissing scene in there and he looked really beliavable. Idk. I said it sounded like something he'd say just because he makes it clear to everyone how much he loves his family. I would believe him if he said he didn't like it because it wasnt Vanessa. That black spot part, he wasnt really kissing her so it was super believable. IDK. He still did a FANTASTIC job. But of course, it's Johnny Depp. smile

jessigem
i'm pretty sure it was because of the age difference.
in Chocolat(he's super hot in that movie by the way, and it's a great movie) he was about the same age as the woman he had to kiss.
and johnny seems like a pretty modest guy so it does sound like something he would say. or maybe it was because she looks so much like wynona rider(or ryder?) that it was weird because him and wynona were a couple. either way, there's still something weird.
Spanish speaking germans. and a magazine especially made for those Spanish speaking germans.
sombrero2 hitler

Mådness
^^ laughing out loud *laughs at the smilies*

Well, I'm not surprised if Johnny really hated his kiss with Keria. As the artical stated, he is old enough to be her father, and he is extreamly devoted to Vanessa. Those two are meant to be together... I'm talking about Johnny and Vanessa, not Johnny and Keria or Jack and Elizabeth no expression *smiles for Vanessa* smile

DRAKONS
Lucky b astard

LovelyOne
he didnt say it was unpleasent because of his wife, he said he felt a tad uncomfortable because he is old enough to be her father lol.

JohnnyBloom
anyone would feel uncomfortable ... refuse to believe that either of them found it unpleasant though.

DRAKONS
I find that much more beleveble

Lady_Depp
i wudnt mind kissing johnny hehehe wink

DRAKONS
Figures
I on the countary woudnt mind kissing Keira(but you knew that didnt you)

Lady_Depp
lol hehe well thts kewl il have johnny n u can have keira sortd wink

ladygrim
laughing out loud thats funny

Lady_Depp
hehe so how are u ladygrim?

LovelyOne
He obviously didnt mind too much or he would have protested it not be added in the movie..

Lady_Depp
^^ true say

LovelyOne
They all probably realised that it would be THE hottest, most talked about moment in the movie. I doubt they are going to let uncomfortable feelings stop them from shooting a kiss. Afterall as proffesional actors they know it mens nothing.

DRAKONS
Yup

JohnnyBloom
Originally posted by LovelyOne
They all probably realised that it would be THE hottest, most talked about moment in the movie. I doubt they are going to let uncomfortable feelings stop them from shooting a kiss. Afterall as proffesional actors they know it mens nothing.

they also realise that it's part of the job description - i'm sure they'd both had much worse in the past!!

jessigem
yep. like kiera knightly in Domino.......it's pretty gross.

LovelyOne
LMAO was that bald headed keira?

jessigem
no. in the beginning she had long hair for like 20 minutes(she was in the popular crowd) and then she cut it short because she became a bounty hunter. it was short but she wasn't bald. i'm just saying it's gross because of the sexual stuff that was in it, because johnnybloom said that they've been through worse. and kiera has, in the movie domino.

LovelyOne
Ohh ok thanks for clearing it up for me smile

oh wait it was abald nataly portman im thinking of lmao..

jessigem
laughing out loud
yeah, it was natalie portman. . . . . and she still looked good bald.

DRAKONS
Once i saw a video with her on it only she was singing someting about street life alcoholl etc... if only i coud remember where

jessigem
who? natalie portman or kiera knightly?

JohnnyBloom
sorry to carry on this amazingly off topic conversation - but has anyone seen the hole??? KK is weird in that - apparently she says she doesnt regret it though!! lol.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by JohnnyBloom
sorry to carry on this amazingly off topic conversation - but has anyone seen the hole??? KK is weird in that - apparently she says she doesnt regret it though!! lol.

Yeh I saw that..she was like a *****/friend to that other weird girl lol.

JohnnyBloom
*shakes at the mere memory*

POTC lover xoxo
ya id kiss johnny in a heart beat... loldrool

JohnnyBloom
wouldn't we all??

DRAKONS
Jess i saw a video Natalie portman.Man someone needs to clean his mouth(Im saying it abaout her with soap)

jessigem
?
i'm so confused.

DRAKONS
hug have a hug

jessigem
happy

lady_captinjack
i think it does sound like something johnny depp would say but i dont think he would call it "unpleasent". i mean thats just a slap in the face. oh btw johnny and vanessa are not married.

Dave42386
hey at least the age difference wasnt as bad as the kissin Sin City guys between jessica alba and bruce willis

JeSuisUnÉcumeur
That video of Natalie when she hosted SNL. It was one of her skits. You can find it on YouTube.

jessigem
how old is bruce willis?
jessica alba is older than kiera knightly right? kiera is only like 20 or 21........

jdl1224
he didnt say it was unpleasent because of his wife, he said he felt a tad uncomfortable because he is old enough to be her father lol.

actually he said "he likes to give passionate kisses is with his formal couple" which would be vanessa. i guess its his 'formal couple' since they arent married. hmm. but yeah, also because he could be her father. that's a tad gross. but it's still johnny! smile

and i heard keira begged to have it in the movie? it wasn't originally written. so of course she'll talk good about it. johnny on the other hand probably didn't have anything to do with it- soo, i believe it. i just don't believe that scene. i can't explain why. but everything in that movie except the kiss looks believable. up to a second before and a second after. HRMP. i guess no one really agrees. bummer.

jessigem
ugh. you wouldn't BELIEVE how many people disagree. anyways. . . . . . . . . .
nobody should believe anything they see in the tabloids. 99% of is made up rumors and the 1% that's true is the pictures supporting the fact that so-and-so is pregnant or getting married or whatever. i don't think kiera begged for the kiss and if she did, then that's a major black mark on her character.(lol, black mark, get it? no pun intended)

lady_captinjack
that is so true, its all made up crap. judging by her personality (well from what we see from interveiws and stuff) im sure she would not beg for that kiss

jessigem
the only reason i can think of for her begging for that kiss is probably because she would never get another oppurtunity like this, to start a love triangle in a pirate movie, and to kiss one of the greatest actors of this generation.

blackpearl44
She said she would have liked a kiss with Johnny in the second movie....and she said she didn't ask, but she was happy when she saw that it was in there........based on the interview I read.........

jessigem
THAT sounds like it's true. but all that junk about her ASKING for it: just stupid.
and this one kiss has started all this stuff and now EVERY SINGLE THREAD has turned into a discussion of how hot the kiss was.
so now you know there has to be more in the 3rd movie.

sweet_kat22
LMAO OMG I am so glad I read some of this today this fourm makes me laugh.

Bruce Wills is prob like in his what ? 40s now?
Sin City is brilliant I say (Sorry off topic) (For techincal stuff not really the story itself).

Hm I am not sure if I would choose bruce or johnny , their both hot. I know most people think Im nuts for thinking bruce willis is hot because he is even older then Johnny I think... Just watch The 5th Element and you will know why I think willis is hot too smile

blackpearl44
Johnny isn't old......hes middle-aged, early 40's, but not old.......and he'll look young (hot) forever, because that's just him.....and I think Johnny is a little to young to be Keira's dad.....IMO......

evilm0nki3
He's 43, she's 21. He would've been 22 when she was born. It could be possible. He was married around that time too. i think? Wasn't he? I can't remember hehe.

lady_captinjack
Originally posted by blackpearl44
Johnny isn't old......hes middle-aged, early 40's, but not old.......and he'll look young (hot) forever, because that's just him.....and I think Johnny is a little to young to be Keira's dad.....IMO...... you are so right, he is not old. and not once have i seen him look old at all. like you said he will look young, hot and sexy forever!

choosewisely
he's crazy shifty
*Runs for life*

lovethemtigers
I don't know if these statements made my Johnny are true or not. He is highly devotes to Vanessa and his two children. However, he is a professional actor and knows that kissing scenes come with job if you so choose those parts. Like I said in another posting - the fact that he is old enough to be her father -that was not uncommon back in the 1700's for women to be 20 or so years younger. I guess it's possible Johnny felt uncomfortable - but to say it was unpleasant sounds kind of harsh - I just don't believe he would say that. If he didn't enjoy it - you couldn't tell. Johnny pretty much gets his way when it comes to Pirates, so I think if he didn't want it to happen it wouldn't have happened. He is Johnny Depp - a hollywood legend in his own time and a very powerful actor at that.

choosewisely
yes, i could imagine it would be hard. especially with the age gap and he being a father. but i think everybody understands it's just something about your job, and you chose for it, you can like or dislike it.
I personally think it's a bit overrated, the whole kissing thing. it's just acting and why do you have to make such a big thing of it. just leave it and enjoy, or not stick out tongue

blackpearl44
Originally posted by lady_captinjack
you are so right, he is not old. and not once have i seen him look old at all. like you said he will look young, hot and sexy forever!

Absolutely big grin

choosewisely
wanna see you saying that again in 40 years stick out tongue

blackpearl44
Ok.....we will...... big grin

choosewisely
not surestick out tongue

jessigem
laughing out loud
he looked REALLY young as willy wonka(but i think that's cuz of the white makeup)
he looked crazy/loopy in Secret Window
i think he'll start looking really old in 10 years since he smokes. smokin'

blackpearl44
^^ He used to smoke his own cigs that he rolled himself......but there was an article on JDZ that he quit......because of his kids....and it had his own quotes......it said he quit shorlty after his daughter was born.....

you are so right, he is not old. and not once have i seen him look old at all. like you said he will look young, hot and sexy forever!

I still agree with this (:

jessigem
it doesn't matter. he didn't quit until around 40 so it'll still show later. but there was a VERY hot pic of him in newsweek a couple weeks ago. VERY hot.

Syren
Originally posted by blackpearl44
No, It dosn't really sound like something Johnny would say...........my opinion.

Exactly what I was thinking... I doubt he'd even view his potential on screen kisses as enjoyable, so whether they are or not wouldn't feature in his mindset. He's a professional actor who, I seriously doubt, would look forward to on screen kisses or even discuss them after.

jessigem
thumbsup

vegaofthelyre
I personally think it's kind of sweet of him to say that. I mean, no offense to Keira of course, she's lovely, but it really shows his devotion and love for Vanessa. It would be more problematic if he professed to LOVE the kissing scenes. Though Keira may be a little "eh" on what he's said, let's face it, she's a gorgeous movie star and she must know that his comment was not a reflection on her looks or sex appeal. Rather, he's respecting his woman by letting people know publicly that his heart lies entirely with her. If you ask me.. that's hot cool

A little off topic, but Johnny and Vanessa are so beautiful together that I don't even have the heart to be jealous. He adores her, he calls her the One, the love of his life and the one who has tamed him. say it with me guys: AWWWW love

LovelyOne
he didnt say unpleasent as in "ewww"..he meant it as in she's alot younger than him..he's old enough to be her dad.

choosewisely
so more like, weird

Smaug
here here choosewisely!
(yes im english, lol)

Smaug
awwwwww i just read wat vegaofthelyre just wrote - thats so sweet ^^ johnny rules rock

LovelyOne
If johnny was really uncomfortable with kissing women on screen because of his wife then he shouldnt have become an actor laughing out loud its all part of the job..laughing out loud

lovethemtigers

So true - he's like Ageless. He does not look 43 at all - think how many men would die to look like he does at 43. What a gorgeous man. I actually think he is the most beautiful I have ever seen. He could easliy pass for late 20's

LovelyOne
I agree with you there^^ he seems to get sexier with age smile

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by jessigem
laughing out loud
he looked REALLY young as willy wonka(but i think that's cuz of the white makeup)
he looked crazy/loopy in Secret Window
i think he'll start looking really old in 10 years since he smokes. smokin'

Johnny looks great in "The Astronaut's Wife" with Charlize Theron. He also is wonderful as Ichabod Crane in Sleepy Hollow. Never would I have dreamed that Ichabod Crane could be so gorgeous....he's suppose to be an odd looking sort of fellow...Johnny does some great acting in both of these movies -all his acting is great....He's scary in Secret Window - but phenomenal acting as always -

You want to see something really funny - "Cry Baby" is one of Johnny's first movie - it is hysterical. It's hard to imagine that Johnny even accepted this role -but he was an up and coming actor - so I guess he was just trying to get his feet in the door.

And he is absolutely gorgeous in "From Hell" - a very dark movie, hard to watch - unless you just want to gaze upon Johnny.

Fëanor
I agree with you there^^ he seems to get sexier with age smile Like fine wine.

jessigem
lol i saw cry-baby. it was SO cheesy.
i think he was the most entertaining as willy wonka(and a little creepy) and in Benny and Joon.
but he looks THE BEST in Chocolatdroolio and POTC

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by jessigem
lol i saw cry-baby. it was SO cheesy.
i think he was the most entertaining as willy wonka(and a little creepy) and in Benny and Joon.
but he looks THE BEST in Chocolatdroolio and POTC

Yes very hot in Chocolat. He was good in Willy Wonka - but you're right, a little creepy.

But hottest of all as Captain Jack Sparrow!!!

LovelyOne
LOL that friggin smiley^^ laughing

vegaofthelyre
Not only does he have those bad-boy good looks, Depp is such a mystery. I'm not usually smitten by famous actors.. most of them seem so generic and mass produced. But JD is incredibly intriguing, so elusive.

When he does interviews, he's very soft spoken and subdued, always handling that cigarette absentmindedly, but you get the sense of so much more going on behind that. He always sounds as if he's on the verge of revealing some profound secret about himself.... but won't. Always leaving you hungry for a little more. in_love

One thing's for sure: JD will never become the tasteless, overexposed debacle that is the Tom Cruise train. sick

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by vegaofthelyre
Not only does he have those bad-boy good looks, Depp is such a mystery. I'm not usually smitten by famous actors.. most of them seem so generic and mass produced. But JD is incredibly intriguing, so elusive.

When he does interviews, he's very soft spoken and subdued, always handling that cigarette absentmindedly, but you get the sense of so much more going on behind that. He always sounds as if he's on the verge of revealing some profound secret about himself.... but won't. Always leaving you hungry for a little more. in_love

One thing's for sure: JD will never become the tasteless, overexposed debacle that is the Tom Cruise train. sick

So true...that's exactly how I feel.. I've never been one to get smitten with famous people either - but with Johnny, it's like so hard to explain. He's so mysterious, edgy - like a touch of danger just beneath the surface... HOTT...So intriguing, elusive - so different from most stars like you say with Tom Cruise...it's like who really cares about him...Depp leaves us hungering for more...I've always wanted to see him in some really hot and sexy love scenes - but I guess Iknow now. He's not very comfortable with those kind of scenes - although he does a have a pretty hot sex scene with Charlize Theron in the Astronaut's Wife....

Pirate4Life
omfg hell ya i wouldnt mind kissin johnny at all!! omg what i would give to be keira in that scene!!! anything i swear!!! althought forthat matter, id totally swich lives with keira cuz she gets johnny AND orlando!!! how freakin awesome is that!!!!
grrr now im jealous... grrrrrr.... but yes shes gorgeous, and gets BOTH of the hotttttt guys!!!

screw life im so deprived...lmoa lol im jking

jdl1224
Originally posted by vegaofthelyre
I personally think it's kind of sweet of him to say that. I mean, no offense to Keira of course, she's lovely, but it really shows his devotion and love for Vanessa. It would be more problematic if he professed to LOVE the kissing scenes. Though Keira may be a little "eh" on what he's said, let's face it, she's a gorgeous movie star and she must know that his comment was not a reflection on her looks or sex appeal. Rather, he's respecting his woman by letting people know publicly that his heart lies entirely with her. If you ask me.. that's hot cool

A little off topic, but Johnny and Vanessa are so beautiful together that I don't even have the heart to be jealous. He adores her, he calls her the One, the love of his life and the one who has tamed him. say it with me guys: AWWWW love

i COMPLETLY AGREE with you! I was watching a lot of interviews today and he ADORES her. When I posted this I didn't mean for people to get so fiesty about it! I just think he would of said it because of exactly what you said. I totally understand he's a professional actor but just KNOWING his love and adoration for Vanessa makes it hard to believe. Keria IS gorgeous and I'm sure she's not a bad kisser or anything, Johnny just simply wasn't as comfortable with it. But he's not going to go off and ask for a re-write because the movie NEEDED it, its the most talked about scene. He's not going to ask for it to be taken away because as you all said, he's a professional actor.

Jack of Blades
Yup they are a great couple but i woud think difretly about that kiss if it was me there hehe

jessigem
laughing out loud

katelovespirate
AWE> sry i am a bit late on my awe. lol. i support JD and his lady. thats adorable and so rare these days.

however uncomfortable it made him, him and kiera are HOTT when they kiss. you cant fake that kinda chemistry. good on them for just doing it. smile

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by katelovespirate
AWE> sry i am a bit late on my awe. lol. i support JD and his lady. thats adorable and so rare these days.

however uncomfortable it made him, him and kiera are HOTT when they kiss. you cant fake that kinda chemistry. good on them for just doing it. smile

Gosh we all want to be Keira, but being Vanessa would be even better cause she has the real Johnny...can you imagine what it would be like to meet him and actually fall in love with him and have babies with him. OMG.....what a lucky woman.....off to dreammm

vegaofthelyre
I totally agree.

I don't know if you guys remember, but Johnny Depp used to be a lot more volatile and wild (but still sexywink ). He's always rebelled against Hollywood and had a hard time dealing with his fame-- trashing hotel rooms, drinking heavily, fighting with paparazzi-- basically on that James Dean "Live fast, Die young" path.

That's why whenever I see Vanessa, I wonder what her secret is. He's changed completely since being with her and having children. Johnny himself said that he was living in a fog until Vanessa came along and turned his life around with her "incredible tenderness." The woman is actually living out a modern fable!! tame sexy but sensitive bad boy with "tenderness" and love, have blindingly beautiful babies with him and then all move to a private island to live happily ever after.

...where's my fairy tale ending? hehe stick out tongue

jessigem
awwww
lol you should write a romance novel or something. laughing out loud you have the perfect words to describe everything.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.