Nirvana

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HellMaster93
Face it, they'rethe best band... EVER! Kurt Cobaine RIP. Discuss the best band since... the beginning of time! Happy Dance

NiņoAraņa
shiz im not ashamed to say i like em....

Bardock42
Originally posted by HellMaster93
Face it, they'rethe best band... EVER! Kurt Cobaine RIP. Discuss the best band since... the beginning of time! Happy Dance
Hardly. A good band, but in no way the best band ever.

Punkyhermy
They're okay.Not very impressive but okay. erm

Alpha Centauri
The search function is brilliant.

Originally posted by Punkyhermy
They're okay.Not very impressive but okay. erm

Says the Coldplay fan.

-AC

BackFire
Grew sick of hearing about them years ago.

Red Superfly
Still love them today. They were one of my first bands I ever got seriously into.

Classic band.

RedAlertv2
Is it just me, or did this thread just get closed, and then reopened?

BackFire
Nah, I thought there were other Nirvana threads, so I closed it, then I searched and didn't see any, which was to my surprise. So I reopened it.

Outcesticide
Originally posted by BackFire
Nah, I thought there were other Nirvana threads, so I closed it, then I searched and didn't see any, which was to my surprise. So I reopened it. No other NIRVANA threads? That is a surprise.

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
The search function is brilliant.

Says the Coldplay fan.

-AC

Says the guy who is bent on making every single thing personal.

Alpha Centauri
Nothing personal, just pointing out the irony.

-AC

tabby999
i like em, appreciate what they did, have their cds, have read many books about them but calling them the best band ever is a bit rich. there will never be a "best band ever", dosn't mean they cant be your fave band though

Imaginary
*groans*

I'm pretty sure we've been over this before somewhere...

Good but overrated... definitely not 'best band ever.'

Deathblow
Yes we have, many times.

However, I'll feel like being more detailed. They had a tendency to be very dull in areas (see Bleach), and then reach heights they'd never equal again even if Kurt hadn't decided to redecorate his walls a pleasant greyish crimson color (see Nevermind and In Utero).

Something In The Way is one of my favorite acoustic songs ever, but aside from that, they've been so hideously overplayed that it's quite difficult to listen to any of their albums from start to finish any more.

K Tragedy
Originally posted by HellMaster93
**Cobain my dear fellow. No E

Originally posted by Deathblow
but aside from that, they've been so hideously overplayed that it's quite difficult to listen to any of their albums from start to finish any more.

Tell me about it! Gosh, radio and 'number one fans' kill the best songs. It's sickening...

Nirvana's my favorite band, don't get me wrong. Kurt Cobain happens to be my inspiration, not because he committed suicide either. Many think that when you look up to the rock star you're going to blow your head off, or get murdered, I don't know, nor do I care, what your theory is on Kurt's death. But "Greatest band ever" I doubt. Wishful thinking, yes, but definately a false statement. There is no 'greatest band ever' since many people have opinions and thousands of opinions do not narrow down to one without someone getting angry.

I highly doubt there is a "Best Band Ever" and there probably won't be. Music shouldn't be placed over another. That's called an opinion and/or preference...

O.O Talk about lengthy... *whistles*

Bardock42
Originally posted by BackFire
Nah, I thought there were other Nirvana threads, so I closed it, then I searched and didn't see any, which was to my surprise. So I reopened it.

I'll help you, since Backseat Moderating is one of my favourite hobbies, here, take this one

....nah, too much work, what about... this one?

Deathblow
Good work Mr Bardock. You can sit in my backseat any day.

Bump one of the above two threads for Nirvana stuff and whathaveyous.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.