MPAA Ratings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

buffymitch
Is anyone concerned about the MPAA rating the als few years. I never really agreed with the ratings but i think they're judgement is really slacking.

For example. The Bad News Bears has a PG-13 rating for rude behavior, language throughout, some sexuality & thematic elements.

This movie should have gotten an R rating. It's not for teenagers at all.
Do we want our teenagers to talk like that. It's one of the rudest movies i'v ever seen.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban has a PG rating for frightening moments, creature violence and mild language.

I believe the PG-13 rating should have started here, That werewolve scene is way to scary

Ans the next movie made me start this thread.

Monster House
A new CGI animated movie from Robert Zemeckis and Steven Spielberg
This Movie is rated PG for scary images and sequences, thematic elements, some crude humor and brief language.
And I watched a few scenes from this movie. You can find some of them at the yahoo movies section. U truly believe that this movie is not for kids.

Please give me your thoughts on this
thanks

Dusty
I think there should be more ratings than the common 4.

Impediment
I, myself, have always thought that movies should be rated like video games with a rating system kinda like ESRB i.e., Kids, Teens, Everyone, Adults Only, 18+, etc. Call me crazy, but, like Dusty said, the regular standard ratings aren't enough nowadays, IMO. But they should keep descriptions in the rating box, though, like "Blood/Gore, Graphic Language, and Sexuality", etc.

Wolfie
Eh. The current MPAA rating system works for me.

I agree with Bad News Bears getting the PG-13 rating. It felt like Bad Santa holding back. It was along the same theme, but cut back on the cursing and foul language.

Some parents may think that all the Harry Potter movies shouldn't be for kids at all, with the witchcraft and everything. Adding a CGI werewolf shouldn't be what brings it to PG-13. One of the earlier films had giant CGI spiders, right?

I haven't looked into Monster House at all but from posters and such, it does look like a family film, IMO.

Solo
It's pretty crazy when movies like "Lost in Translation" and "Mysterious Skin" share the same rating.

The rating system is bizarre.

But, hey, I'm not complaining, doesn't make a difference in my life.

Oh, by the way, Dusty, I thought POTC: DMC was terrible. Not as bad as SR, though.

buffymitch
I can see why some people don't complain about the ratings. It's not just you Solo. It does indeed not make a difference in some peoles lives but i do get converned when som naive people are bringning kids or teenagers to movies that are not for them.
I agree with Dusty. There should be a lot more Ratings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.