Static vs Kid FLash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

complexbrother
Static
http://orbitgal.com/static01.jpg

vs

Kid Flash
http://www.omelete.com.br/imagens/quadrinhos/news/dc/kid_flash.jpg

Darth Martin
Kid Flash

Soljer
Lightning boy is too slow.

Whittdawg92
Static's screwed, but not easily.

Sea King
why cant static charge the ground makeing kid flash stuck to it and not able to move??

H. S. 6
Kid Flash.

Speedblitz. (Assuming I can rely on my limited knowledge of Static.)

*beats Validus to it*

Whittdawg92
Static would find about half a dozen ways to subdue or incarcerate Kid Flash, but he'd break out of all of them and speedblitz him.

complexbrother
In static's own comic he fought the flash and won, in the cartoon it went the same and with the same result. I don't see how a person with basicly the same powers as Magneto plus Electro would loose to a speedster.

Redneck Boy
the white boy wins...

marvelprince
Originally posted by complexbrother
In static's own comic he fought the flash and won, in the cartoon it went the same and with the same result. I don't see how a person with basicly the same powers as Magneto plus Electro would loose to a speedster.

Cause Flash can take him out before he can even think about reacting? Just a thought

Metalmanx

Sorry buddy. You've basically pitted a Dodge Viper against a unicycle.

Or Rocky Balboa vs. Stevie Wonder.

But, if you're not an analogy kinda guy, Kid Flash destroys him a few thousand times before Static hits the ground.

ebonyblade1
Static is too powerful and versatile for kid flash. Kid flash wins only because he is a favorite. But until kid flash can fly he is at a disadvantange. He moves faster than humans can think, I suppose that is true, but a human being can think at a very high speed. A meta with magnetic or electric powers would think even faster because the nature of dendrites and impulses. Plus with thought there is no acceleration. Kid flash would have to accelerate to get to the speed of thought less more surpass it. So that moving faster than people can think is highly over rated. I guess you are assuming that he would fly in the air and get past static em shield, and escape static using his powers to fry him or charging the ground to prevent him running. This is with his natural powers in a city he could easily use the generators or any other power source to amp his own powers. Or I suppose you can ignore the fact that in main stream comics and cartoons static owns the flash. And just say that kid flash is more powerful than his adult counterpart and would easily take out static because static powers are limited since he can only tap into the electro-magnetic spectum.

magneto1992
I got a really big question for Flash fans, from what I heard he is faster that the speed of thought but doesnt flash have to think before doing something I mean legs aren`t living things you have to to commandem and also if you travel faster that the speed of light, how can you see if without light getting to you you don`t see?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by ebonyblade1
Static is too powerful and versatile for kid flash. Kid flash wins only because he is a favorite. But until kid flash can fly he is at a disadvantange. He moves faster than humans can think, I suppose that is true, but a human being can think at a very high speed. A meta with magnetic or electric powers would think even faster because the nature of dendrites and impulses. Plus with thought there is no acceleration. Kid flash would have to accelerate to get to the speed of thought less more surpass it. So that moving faster than people can think is highly over rated. I guess you are assuming that he would fly in the air and get past static em shield, and escape static using his powers to fry him or charging the ground to prevent him running. This is with his natural powers in a city he could easily use the generators or any other power source to amp his own powers. Or I suppose you can ignore the fact that in main stream comics and cartoons static owns the flash. And just say that kid flash is more powerful than his adult counterpart and would easily take out static because static powers are limited since he can only tap into the electro-magnetic spectum.

Kid Flash would speeblitz Static before he could even think of using his powers/getting into the air. no expression

srankmissingnin
Kid Flash thinks/reacts/moves at multiples of c he would kick Static's with the greatest of ease.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by magneto1992
I got a really big question for Flash fans, from what I heard he is faster that the speed of thought but doesnt flash have to think before doing something I mean legs aren`t living things you have to to commandem and also if you travel faster that the speed of light, how can you see if without light getting to you you don`t see?

Flash's thought-process goes SO MUCH faster than normal people's. So Flash's thought-speed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone else's.

And there's a simple answer for the light question.

Comic book.

magneto1992
The only way for Static to beat Kid Flash is if he is not in the groung he might be able to stop him in one and thn kill him (he is fast not unvulneareble)

iN GROUND Kid Flash 10/10
In air Static 4-5/10

Metalmanx
Originally posted by magneto1992
The only way for Static to beat Kid Flash is if he is not in the groung he might be able to stop him in one and thn kill him (he is fast not unvulneareble)

iN GROUND Kid Flash 10/10
In air Static 4-5/10

Kid Flash wins everytime. Being airborn really won't help Static's chances here. KF can create a whirlwind powerful enough to toss Static like a ragdoll and kill him. He can also just get a running start and jump up at Static before he can react and take him out that way.

Static's cool, but he just can't compete here.

Whittdawg92
Flash can't "speed-blitz" him in the air. god people, get better material than stupid things like "He'll hit him before he can even think". Static's in noooo way a pushover even to a speedster, which by the way, kid flash is only about as fast as quicksilver from marvel.

ebonyblade1
Kid flash will not reach him before he raises his static shield. Are you putting them in a ring where they are extremely close. They would still have to put them in opposite corners. No matter how fast any flash is they still have to start at zero. We are assuming that this is not some kind of ambush where nobody knows what is coming. We are assuming that no one is going to talk but recognize that it is time to fight. And we are going to assume that these two are trying to kill each other. Static will have his shield up as a defensive measure before kid flash gets there. Kid flash is not powerful enough to break through his shield and he can't prevent him from taking to the air. Kid flash cannot negate acceleration that is why he is still beatable. It may take him a second to surpass the speed of thought but a second is all static needs.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
Flash can't "speed-blitz" him in the air. god people, get better material than stupid things like "He'll hit him before he can even think". Static's in noooo way a pushover even to a speedster, which by the way, kid flash is only about as fast as quicksilver from marvel.

Woah, woah, woah.

Kid Flash is FAR faster (as much as it pains me to say) than Quicksilver. FAR faster.

And Flash (Wally) can fly. Why can't KF if he wanted to?

Metalmanx
Arg. Can I get some Titans readers in here. I don't have the proper evidence to show these folks how much Static is outclassed here.

Whittdawg92
*smacks forehead* original kidflash was clocked to be slightly faster than quicksilver, and him flying is retarded bad writing, no matter what someone says. So is shadowcat walking on air, but that's a different story. And fyi, I regularly read TT and have read static comics, he is NOT outclassed."Wally's primary super power is his speed. Over the years, this has fluctuated from his career as Kid Flash, where he could approach the speed of light, to the beginning of his career as The Flash, in which he was limited to a top speed of approximately 700 MPH"

Validus
We're talking about Bart Allen here.

magneto1992
Static is a lot more powerful that many DC heroes but he is slow so he lose

Metalmanx
*smacks forehead* original kidflash was clocked to be slightly faster than quicksilver, and him flying is retarded bad writing, no matter what someone says. So is shadowcat walking on air, but that's a different story. And fyi, I regularly read TT and have read static comics, he is NOT outclassed."Wally's primary super power is his speed. Over the years, this has fluctuated from his career as Kid Flash, where he could approach the speed of light, to the beginning of his career as The Flash, in which he was limited to a top speed of approximately 700 MPH"

Bart Allen, my friend. Bart Allen.

Whittdawg92
oh, in that case, Static gets owned, he literally won't see it coming. this is a mis-match.

Metalmanx
oh, in that case, Static gets owned, he literally won't see it coming. this is a mis-match.

Hahah! Sorry, that just made me laugh. It's just comical to me now that you realize why we were arguing so passionately for Kid Flash. That's why I was so shocked when you said he was only as fast as Quicksilver. stick out tongue

ebonyblade1
You guys are talking about bart. I still don't think that kid flash could win. Yes if he gets there before he puts up his static shield then of course, this fight is over. But that is not a quarantee. what could kid flash do to him in the air and what could kid flash do after he raised his shield. He would have more than enough time to take him out. If his shield is up already then this fight can go to bart 6/10 if this is in the air it will static 7/10 if it is before he can raise his shield on the ground it is 10/10 in favor of bart. I have read teen titans, young justice and impulse. I have seen bart get his clocked clean too many times. Anyway, has the speed force been completely destroyed. How is jay garrick still able to run fast.

Blair Wind
nah now Bart has the speedforce IN him...and jay is a metahuman...

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Blair Wind
nah now Bart has the speedforce IN him...and jay is a metahuman...

What's happened to Wally after this whole fiasco? I haven't kept up with this new story arc at all. Another Infinite Crisis, right?

complexbrother
and if we were talking about adult versions of both the /static would totally kill BB because he is one of the most powerful people on the planet. we are talking about a persion who is effectively an algram of both Magneto and Electro.
Powers
Static's powers are all related to electromagnetic phenomena, particularly as manifested by electricity - Static's powers are best described as Super-Conductor Electromagnetism (like the floating trains in Tokyo). Through practice and ingenuity during confrontations with other Meta-Humans (also known as "Bang-Babies"wink, Static has developed new ways to use this power. He has exhibited the following abilities in the animated series:

Electromagnetic Generation, Manipulation, and Control - Static's body can generate Raw Electromagnetic Energy, which he has learned to manipulate, control, to sense sources of electromagnetic energy, electricity and magnetism and administer as a range of attacks with a range of uses; he can charge devices (such as the Justice League's Watchtower) with electricity, and alternatively drain the energy from them into himself, magnetize and demagnetize metals. Static can hear Radiowaves meaning he can listen in on the police broadband and music stations. Virgil/Static can choose to keep the electromagnetic energy that he currently holds in his body by controlling the Current and Voltage for whenever he wants to use it.
Jets, Bolts, and Bursts of Electromagnetic Force - The means by which Static can fire-off Electromagnetic Energy, Virgil/Static can fire Jets of electromagnetic energy from his fingers for simple things like turning off electrical devices from stereos to light switches to knocking small things down unnoticed, or even to used to light up his finger/hand so he can see in the dark or administering a Static-Cling and even direct electromagnetic energy like a laser to cut and/or weld. Virgil/Static can fire Bolts of electromagnetic energy for offensive manoeuvres like Nova-Ball or Ball-Lightning when in a fight against Bang-Babies from Ebon to the Meta-Microbe in Grounded. Virgil/Static can fire Bursts of electromagnetic energy from his hands for uses like electrifying objects, administering large scale Static-Clings, generating shields and barriers and with a piece of wire he can generate a Nova-Burst.
Electromagnetic Fields - the size of the area that Static's power can have effect/manipulate; Virgil/Static generates an Electromagnetic field just like the earth & the sun generate their own Electromagnetic fields - in the episode Sunspots, sunspot activity on the sun effected the ebb & flow of power passing through out the Electromagnetic fields in the solar system "effecting microwaves, radiowaves & even certain electromagnetic devices here on earth" including Virgil/Static powers and the ways he able to his powers in situations, first they substantially increased in power & intensity becoming very hard to control or not running out; and soon later decreased so badly that all Virgil/Static could do with his power was causing sparks between his fingers - effectively putting him on the proverbial bench. When Hot-Streak went on a rampage, surrounding the Dakota Union High School in a high wall of flames, Virgil/Static confronted Hot-Streak with Zap-Caps (Mark 1), Hot-Streak gives chase ending up on top of a building rooftop with a large metal fan & a wooden water tower; having an idea that his body could still conduct Electromagnetic energy, Virgil/Static drains power from the electrically powered fan, blasts the wooden water tower, which soaks Hot-Streak & knocks him unconscious; after the sunspot activity ceases, Virgil/Static's powers are back to normal & under his control.
Electromagnetic Levitation - Static can cause objects to fly (metal is the easiest material to manipulate and wood is the most difficult.)
Static Cling - Static can adhere most objects/people/Bang-Babies to surfaces and other objects, plus Static can magnetize surfaces.
Taser Punch - First seen in issue #1 of the Static comic - an electrified punch administered during combat to send opponents flying, similar effects to a Taser Gun; also adaptable to use as a Taser Noogie (seen in They're Playing My Song) and as a 'Taser Prod' (seen in Bent Out of Shape.)
Electromagnetic Displays - Electromagnetic Light Displays that Static can shoot into the sky in the forms of pictures and words. With more power behind it, Static can make these into Electromagnetic Nets &/or Cages like seen in Winds of Change when Static tried containing Slipstream and when he slowed down the descent of the News Helicopter that Slipstream had damaged. In Shock to the System, after his "First Bad-Guy Beat-Down" Static sends a hugh arrow in the sky above the warehouse saying "Bad Guys This Exit". In Consequences, after Daisy wakes up in the Hospital, Static sends her a huge flower in the sky. In The Big Leagues, Static (having lost the small device Batman given him), sends his own Bat-Signal into the Sky.
Taser Cutter - used to cut through or weld metals together; seen in: They're Playing My Song, Child's Play, Junior, The Big Leagues, etc.
Taser Shots - shots of electromagnetic force aimed and shot out of Static's fists.
Electromagnetic Shields and Barriers - shields and barriers that Static can generate with Electromagnetism to block, repel, hold back attacks and defend himself in battle.
Double Taser Shot - a shot of electromagnetic force aimed & shot out of both Static's fists at the same time.
Ball Lightning - named after Ball Lightning, the weather phenomenon. Electromagnetic Energy compressed into a large ball & thrown at targets; an offensive manoeuvre in a combat situation.
Nova Ball - seen only in Sons of the Fathers, an attack of electromagnetic force, customized by Static to work especially on Ebon (Quote: "I call that my Nova Ball, Ebon. It takes a lot out of me, but more out of you!"wink; after being hit by the Number Ball, Ebon's physical shadowy form came apart from the light, Ebon was forced to disappear to somewhere else.
Nova Burst - so far seen only in Bad Stretch, an attack of light & electromagnetic force run through some normal wire, customised by Static to work especially on Ebon, but useful to use on most opponents (Talon, Shiv & Carmen-Dillo) to blind them for a short while; but did not work on Aqua-Maria, it just passed right through her.
Electromagnetic Pulse - Used in Junior knocking out all local electrical devices, to power down a bunch of security men's high-tech battle Exo-Skeletons to defend from teaming up on Edwin Alva Jr/Omnifarious.

Soljer
we are talking about a persion who is effectively an algram of both Magneto and Electro.

So, Static has shown the power to create black holes, and move entire asteroids with his magnetism?

Blair Wind
BB? What the f**k?

Soljer
Originally posted by Blair Wind
BB? What the f**k?

He originally, and mistakenly, posted that in the Batman Beyond thread. Realizing his mistake, he edited his post, and reposted it here.

Probably a simple accident of coincidence.

Scarlet315
speeds got nothin on a guy who has complete dominance over the electricity and magnetism around him. Static for the win 9.5/10

C1nd3r
I'd like to see a crossover with static and magneto, at the end magneto puts his hand on static's chest and evolves him with his own magnetism. Static returns to DC with a HUGE MASSIVE powerup. ownij

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Metalmanx
What's happened to Wally after this whole fiasco? I haven't kept up with this new story arc at all. Another Infinite Crisis, right?

ebonyblade1
He is an teenage version of magneto and electro he cannot do exactly what magneto can.. at least not yet. Although it did show that during a solar flair his powers were amped up to magneto levels. If a solar flair can affect his powers then he definitely has the ability to tap into earths electro magnetic field. Anyway, wally is still missing, he is supposedly on the other side with all the other speedsters. Bart supposedly burned out the speed force when he fought superboy prime that last time, and told jay that he was now the world fastest man. I also read that he will be the next flash. So I suppose he get his power back.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by ebonyblade1
He is an teenage version of magneto and electro he cannot do exactly what magneto can.. at least not yet. Although it did show that during a solar flair his powers were amped up to magneto levels. If a solar flair can affect his powers then he definitely has the ability to tap into earths electro magnetic field. Anyway, wally is still missing, he is supposedly on the other side with all the other speedsters. Bart supposedly burned out the speed force when he fought superboy prime that last time, and told jay that he was now the world fastest man. I also read that he will be the next flash. So I suppose he get his power back.

Damn. I like Bart, but Wally is my favorite. I'm gonna miss him.

Whittdawg92
wally IS pretty badass.

ebonyblade1
Yes, I like wally too. I have never understood DC's need to have so many speedsters and their desire to just kill them off. I think they all exist in a different dimension and bart was the one they chose to come back.

Whittdawg92
they should choose 3-5 speedsters to keep , and stop making so damn many

complexbrother
I still think Static would take this .

Superherovandal
Static loses so badly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.