Beast vs. Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
While Wonder Man makes sure that the other F. F. don't get involved.

Sixth_Winged
Thing 10/10. What in the world would beast do to thing. 73+ ton(more?) class difference is a long way to go along with massive durability advantage. And that's using marvels flawed classification considering Thing has done plenty of class 100+ feats.

marvelprince
Thing beats him. No prep time, Beast can't even penetrate him hide much less actually hurt him.

crucifixio
Ben would put a spiked collar around Beasts neck and make Hank his new pet.

Priest
thing should win this without too much troubl, unless prep is involved

Grimm22
........no expression

Thing 20/10

nimbus006
Thing turns Beast into a domesticated house cat.

marvelprince
Thing "Hankie! What'd I tell you 'bout scratching up my sofa?"
Beast "Terribly sorry my good man but I had to go out."

Grimm22
Originally posted by marvelprince
Thing "Hankie! What'd I tell you 'bout scratching up my sofa?"
Beast "Terribly sorry my good man but I had to go out."

Pft

Ben dosent need a cat

He already has Lockjaw

Lockjaw >>>>>> Beast cool

nimbus006
The more the merrier.

Darth Martin
Beasdt is class 40 and Thing is class 100.............hhmmm let's see..........well you get the picture.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Beasdt is class 40 and Thing is class 100.............hhmmm let's see..........well you get the picture. I agree with your point, but... when did Beast get powered up to class 40? I thought his strength was actually down-graded (from class 10) with his recent feline changes.

srankmissingnin
confused

Beast is like class 2...

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Acrosurge
I agree with your point, but... when did Beast get powered up to class 40? I thought his strength was actually down-graded (from class 10) with his recent feline changes.

Beast is actually stronger than he used to be, but I believe he lost agility points with the new mutation.

I hate cat-Beast. Bring back ape-Beast!

lilnutta12
if it was prep for about 50 mins beast stands 2% of a chance

H. S. 6
Beast loses... hard. no

Darth Martin
I know Marvel is trying to power-up there guys to DC levels. I would like Beast smarte rather than just another brute.

nimbus006
There is no way Beast is class 40. If that was the case he would have manhandled Wolverine when they threw down in Astonishing. He is class 2 at best.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by nimbus006
There is no way Beast is class 40. If that was the case he would have manhandled Wolverine when they threw down in Astonishing. He is class 2 at best.

He's higher than that. He is around Spidey's strength, approximately 10-15 tons.

nimbus006
I know Marvel is trying to power-up there guys to DC levels. I would like Beast smarte rather than just another brute.

I dont think that is the case. Marvel has plenty of guys as powerful as DC characters, its just that with Marvel the more popular characters are street levelers such as Wolverine, Cap, Spiderman etc...

Darth Martin
Yea, DC needs more street-levelers.

nimbus006
They have them its just JLA is the preferred crop of characters for DC which are full of super powered characters save Batman. Where as in Marvel the preferred crop are X-Men, New Avengers, and F4 which for the MOST PART are a mix of street levelers with some uber powered guys thrown in the mix.

Whittdawg92
grr....Grimm22, I hate you, but Thing beats Beast to a bloody blue pulp.

Darth Martin
They have them its just JLA is the preferred crop of characters for DC which are full of super powered characters save Batman. Where as in Marvel the preferred crop are X-Men, New Avengers, and F4 which for the MOST PART are a mix of street levelers with some uber powered guys thrown in the mix.

Oh yea, it is interesting tho. Marevel started with street-levelers=Cap,Spidey,FF4,Daredevil.

DC started with=Batman,Supes,WW,Cap Mavel,Aqauman etc.

Whittdawg92
and have you forgotten about Cap America and Namor?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
and have you forgotten about Cap America and Namor? I said Cap and I was trying to point out street-levelers. Namor ain't a street-leveler.

nimbus006
No but its true. Marvels golden boys are Wolverine, Spiderman and Captain America. They bring in the cash for Marvel. JLA characters whether it be in their own series or in JLA are the ones who bring in the cash for DC.

marvelprince
Yup. Its the differences between the two companies. Marvel paints itself as more realistic and hence its top heroes (Spider-man, Wolverine and Captain America) are more human. DC is more of a escapist place where the joys of being the most powerful are realized. They are the guys that are far above human and they are admired because they are envied, (Superman, Wonderwoman, Flash).

Anyway, Beast is only around class 2, class 10 at absolute max. Still loses to Thing

Whittdawg92
I agree w/ marvprince

Darth Martin
I thought cat/fewkline beast was class 30 or 40.

jrodslam
Beast loses 9/10.

Whittdawg92
even at his prime, beast is no match for Thing, unless armed or w/ prep time.

Darth Martin
I know that.

nimbus006
Yea its Marvels niche you could say, to be more realistic that is. Most their heroes live in real cities such as New York. DC's New York is Metropolis, and they also have Gotham and so forth.

Whittdawg92
actually, an aas load of DC characters were regular people with reasonable, but when Marvel came in the 60s, they started losing audience and made their characters stupid and overpowered.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Metalmanx
He's higher than that. He is around Spidey's strength, approximately 10-15 tons.

Not currently. Maybe the old Beast was class 10, but Astonishing Beast has shown no feats to put him anywhere near class 10. Like i said before if he was class 10 0r 15 he would have taken Wolverine down pretty easy when they were wrestling in that issue of Astonishing.

jrodslam
Not currently. Maybe the old Beast was class 10, but Astonishing Beast has shown no feats to put him anywhere near class 10. Like i said before if he was class 10 0r 15 he would have taken Wolverine down pretty easy when they were wrestling in that issue of Astonishing.

I agree.

Whittdawg92
since when could Beast ever take out wolverine???

nimbus006
Well they have never really fought, but it is debatable.

marvelprince

Yup. Thats what I was thinking of. If anything both of them seemed to be on an equal strength level

nimbus006
Exactly. Maybe Beast was getting a little bit the better of Wolverine so thats why I'm giving him class 2. Not saying he could beat Wolveirne cuz Beast was super heated at the time, and Logan was just sort of upset.

Grimm22
Beast is actually stronger than he used to be, but I believe he lost agility points with the new mutation.

I hate cat-Beast. Bring back ape-Beast!

How about Bear Beast shifty

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Grimm22/civil-war-x-men-20060623031346941.jpg

Darth Martin
They should keep beast as the fist blue one they had him as.

Acrosurge
Exactly. Maybe Beast was getting a little bit the better of Wolverine so thats why I'm giving him class 2. Not saying he could beat Wolveirne cuz Beast was super heated at the time, and Logan was just sort of upset. Is the following correct? Beast has undergone further mutation, but has no feats (or dialogue?) to suggest that he's stronger than before. And his body is agile in a different way than before, forcing him to adapt and retrain himself.

If that's true, I don't see him taking Thing. Not even once. Poor Beast. sad

nimbus006
No way. No version of Beast is taking Thing. It's just one of the matchups that should never happen. The only way Beast is winning is with some device he comes up with to best Thing.

marvelprince
^Cosigned

Darth Martin
In other words prep.

Whittdawg92
beast is smart as schit, but he has to have prep to beat thing, none of his forms can outmuscle him.

Darth Martin
cosined

JohnnyDo3
HA HA HA a geek vs a brawler damn dude Ben Grimm would shave beast's ugly mug after he's done with him

Wonder Man
Beast was 40 ton. i haven't followed closely for a while to tell you his level today. He'd put Thing on his feet and spin him like a ball for about 2 hours then Ben would just pass out from exhaustion and nausea.

rotiart
I agree. Beast should be at least more than 10 tons. I'm not sure about 40... but...

In any case when Hulk fought wolverine, Wolverine wasn't even flying all over the place either... for some reason.. the comic suddenly had Hulk job to wolverine.. I'm sorry, but if the flick of hulks hand has 80tons+ of force behind it, You're gonna be moved, adamantium skeleton or not... ...

oh wait i get it...wolverine has the superman jobbing aura... he gain blobs immovability...

seriously... beast is even big, but a lot faster and agile, than most seem to realize until they have to fight him.

rotiart
Still. I'm not sure Beast could hurt Thing a majority, could get lucky though and toss him into a truck or something...
Beast 1/10... he.. could get lucky... maybe. erm

Darth Martin
You know when characters are first introduced they have to look bad***.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Beast was 40 ton. i haven't followed closely for a while to tell you his level today. He'd put Thing on his feet and spin him like a ball for about 2 hours then Ben would just pass out from exhaustion and nausea.

Exactly. I was going to post the same thing earlier, but I was tired and didn't feel like getting attacked by the Thing supporters. If this was Beast back in the day, he'd give Thing a great fight. In fact, Thing would never touch him, but Beast would be tossing him all over the place, using Thing's own momentum if the situation called for it. Back in the day (mid-90s), Beast could've won this fight.

But yea. Current levels, Thing wins.

marvelprince
Exactly. I was going to post the same thing earlier, but I was tired and didn't feel like getting attacked by the Thing supporters. If this was Beast back in the day, he'd give Thing a great fight. In fact, Thing would never touch him, but Beast would be tossing him all over the place, using Thing's own momentum if the situation called for it. Back in the day (mid-90s), Beast could've won this fight.

But yea. Current levels, Thing wins.

I still don't know about ape-Beast winning against Thing, but that version of the Beast (other than being the best version of best ever!) was pretty strong. I think they downgraded his strength in his current form just from what we've seen of his showings though.

I do agree about Ape-Beast giving Thing a great fight though

Tha C-Master
Thing wins 10/10

nimbus006
Mid 90's Beast might have done better against Thing than current Beast ,but he still loses 10/10. Yea Beast is more agile and a little bit faster, but Thing is no Blob, he has very good fight speed. Besides that he is leagues beyond Beast in the strength, durability, and stamina department. The only thing Beast has over Thing is agility and intelligence, and even then Thing is a more expierenced brawler.

badabing
No way. No version of Beast is taking Thing. It's just one of the matchups that should never happen. The only way Beast is winning is with some device he comes up with to best Thing.
Co-signed. yes

Metalmanx
Mid 90's Beast might have done better against Thing than current Beast ,but he still loses 10/10. Yea Beast is more agile and a little bit faster, but Thing is no Blob, he has very good fight speed. Besides that he is leagues beyond Beast in the strength, durability, and stamina department. The only thing Beast has over Thing is agility and intelligence, and even then Thing is a more expierenced brawler.

(Talking about mid 90s Beast here)

Actually, stamina is debatable, since Beast also has superhuman stamina/endurance.

And with Beast's agility, Thing would be lucky to even graze him. That, and Beast also has been fighting nearly as long as Ben has. I know you meant no harm by what you said, but I just hate seeing Beast being so underrated on this forum. He's quite the accomplished fighter, and has trained probably even more than Thing has since becomming an X-man in his early teens. Comic-time-wise, he's been in the game a lot longer than Ben has.

marvelprince

Actually, stamina is debatable, since Beast also has superhuman stamina/endurance.

And with Beast's agility, Thing would be lucky to even graze him. That, and Beast also has been fighting nearly as long as Ben has. I know you meant no harm by what you said, but I just hate seeing Beast being so underrated on this forum. He's quite the accomplished fighter, and has trained probably even more than Thing has since becomming an X-man in his early teens. Comic-time-wise, he's been in the game a lot longer than Ben has.

I tend to agree with most things that you say, and in this case I do except for the part where Beast has more experience than Thing. Its generally expected in the MU that the FF were the first guys on the block (exception to Cap and the Invaders). And since Marvel uses a sliding timeline starting with the FF's accident it puts them ahead of the X-men in terms of who came first. ie. Ben was the Thing before Hank was the Beast. And then lets not forget the time it took before Hank mutated again into the ape, Ben was still heroing. So comic-time-wise I'd still say Ben has more experience than Hank.

I agree that Beast is way to underrated though

Whittdawg92
umm...I hope you are insinuating that FF was the first creation of marvel...cuz it's not

marvelprince
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
umm...I hope you are insinuating that FF was the first creation of marvel...cuz it's not

:sigh: No. Namor and other were before the FF. I know, but according to MU time the FF getting their powers pretty much precedes all other examples of superheroics including those of Spider-Man and the X-Men. Sure there were a few other before them but generally the Fantastic Four are seen to as the first heroes in the MU. Practically everything else that followed in the MU falls chronologically after the Fantastic Four getting their powers

Whittdawg92
spiderman and x-men are baby stuff compared to superman and DC. Marvel's a baby compared to DC actually, but that doesn't mean that DC doesn't suck.

rotiart
America and canada are babies compared to... france.. britain...china (if you exclude all the hostile takeovers) russia,

and yet.. currently wouldn't you say we are all about the same level...

just cause ben started earlier... doesn't mean he didn't plateau skill wise... allowing beast to catch up to his full potential.

marvelprince
I wasn't using age to say that older things suck or vice versa. I was only using it to refute a claim that the Thing has more experience than Beast cause he's been aroung longer. That was my intent

bigbran
this has been done, i made it a while ago.

Grimm22
Ben was in a gang for his childhood, then he played football in college, then he went into the armed services no expression

Beast is a scientist who has been an x-man since he was what 17 confused

Yeah Ben trumps Beast in skills and experience yes

Grimm22
Originally posted by rotiart
America and canada are babies compared to... france.. britain...china (if you exclude all the hostile takeovers) russia,

Europe sucks no expression

Asia (except for Japan) sucks big grin

Brutacus
euh beast was also a football player in college.

And Europe is much better than US. stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

bigbran
Originally posted by Grimm22
Europe sucks no expression

Asia (except for Japan) sucks big grin why are you japanese?

Grimm22
Originally posted by Brutacus

And Europe is much better than US. stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

Oh its on now mad

pft, Thing pwns Beast at football cool

Grimm22
Originally posted by bigbran
why are you japanese?

No, but we wouldnt have....pants?!?! Without Japan

Broly92
Originally posted by bigbran
why are you japanese?
No anime is from Japan and tecknology and China is good for making half of our products in America
Originally posted by Brutacus

Europe is U.S.A.'s bea**

Brutacus
I think beast would win iff they played football he can dodge thing very easy.
Ok iff they meet head on than beast would be a big blue spot on the floor.

Metalmanx
Ben was in a gang for his childhood, then he played football in college, then he went into the armed services no expression

Beast is a scientist who has been an x-man since he was what 17 confused

Yeah Ben trumps Beast in skills and experience yes

Wrong-o.

Hank was an all-star athelete WHILE being a scientist. Hank was even more athletic (yes, he was) than Ben was. He was gonan go pro until the whole X-Men thing occurred. It's kinda what he does.

And Beast has trained SO much more than Ben has. Yea, comic-chronologically, Ben has been around longer. But Beast has so much more training experience under his belt than Ben does. Beast is the better fighter of the two, able to efficiently use all of his skills better than Ben can.

HOWEVER, don't confuse this rant with me saying Beast wins. I'm just trying to defend him here, he doesn't get enough credit and is severely underrated.

Thing does win this fight (especially against current Beast).

bigbran
No, but we wouldnt have....pants?!?! Without Japan INDESTRUCTABLE HULK SMASH PANTS????

nimbus006

By no means am I underestimating Beast. I know he is a great fighter, and is extremely expierenced, and i love his character, but it is a fact that many times while the X-Men are out fighting some villian Beast is in the lab figuring out a way to stop him. Ben on the other hand is always in the middle of the fray throwing down with the best. As for stamina, i do not think it is debatable. Beast cannot go as long as Thing with out fatigue poisons bulding in his blood. Thing on the other hand can survive in many diffrerent types of atmospheres without a suit i.e the negative zone where all the other FF needed a suit. Plus Thing can keep fighting in extreme tempatures, and Beast cannot.

Metalmanx
By no means am I underestimating Beast. I know he is a great fighter, and is extremely expierenced, and i love his character, but it is a fact that many times while the X-Men are out fighting some villian Beast is in the lab figuring out a way to stop him. Ben on the other hand is always in the middle of the fray throwing down with the best. As for stamina, i do not think it is debatable. Beast cannot go as long as Thing with out fatigue poisons bulding in his blood. Thing on the other hand can survive in many diffrerent types of atmospheres without a suit i.e the negative zone where all the other FF needed a suit. Plus Thing can keep fighting in extreme tempatures, and Beast cannot.

Ben still needs to breathe, so I don't really understand why you brought that up.

Besides, how do different environments pertain to this fight? Are they going to be fighting in a volcano? Or in Antarctica? Actually, Beast would probably be alright there though, what with the fur and all.

I still think the stamina thing is debatable. I've seen Thing fatigued before, and I've seen Beast fatigued less times than that. And yes, I know they don't face the same threats, but using comparatic logic is makes sense.

And yea, Beast is a lot of timse trying to figure out some way to defeat and enemy cuz he's the only one who can! If he was out in the field, the X-Men would be SOL and lose their fights if not for Beast's day-saving inventions.

You think being in the field and fighting baddies created the cure to the Legacy virus?

When Beast isn't in the lab, he's also in the fray. Or the Danger Room, basically everyday, in fact, training hard.

nimbus006
Wrong-o.

Hank was an all-star athelete WHILE being a scientist. Hank was even more athletic (yes, he was) than Ben was. He was gonan go pro until the whole X-Men thing occurred. It's kinda what he does.

And Beast has trained SO much more than Ben has. Yea, comic-chronologically, Ben has been around longer. But Beast has so much more training experience under his belt than Ben does. Beast is the better fighter of the two, able to efficiently use all of his skills better than Ben can.

HOWEVER, don't confuse this rant with me saying Beast wins. I'm just trying to defend him here, he doesn't get enough credit and is severely underrated.

Your write... but Ben was an athelete, and in the services as a human, Hank was born a mutant with powers so you cant compare that, but yea your facts are correct. I agree with you that Beast is a better fighter in the sense of technique and skill, but Thing is tougher IMO which makes him a better scrapper. And yes Beast might have trained more than Thing, but Thing has had WAAAAY more battles with top noch opponents than Beast, and that is what counts. You can practice all you want, but until you do the real thing you ain't nothing.

nimbus006
Ben still needs to breathe, so I don't really understand why you brought that up.

Besides, how do different environments pertain to this fight? Are they going to be fighting in a volcano? Or in Antarctica? Actually, Beast would probably be alright there though, what with the fur and all.

I still think the stamina thing is debatable. I've seen Thing fatigued before, and I've seen Beast fatigued less times than that. And yes, I know they don't face the same threats, but using comparatic logic is makes sense.

And yea, Beast is a lot of timse trying to figure out some way to defeat and enemy cuz he's the only one who can! If he was out in the field, the X-Men would be SOL and lose their fights if not for Beast's day-saving inventions.

You think being in the field and fighting baddies created the cure to the Legacy virus?

When Beast isn't in the lab, he's also in the fray. Or the Danger Room, basically everyday, in fact, training hard.

What do you mean why did i bring that up. Fighting in different temps and enviorments makes a HUGE difference in stamina. Just look at the Denver Broncos when they play in Miami. They cant hang. Or any team that plays in Denver... they cant breathe. In regards to what if there fihgting in a Volcano... what if Thing throws Beast into a gas tank and it explodes, Beast cannot survive in that, and Thing can. And no Beast cannot survive in the extreme enviorments that Thing can, not by al ong way.

And i understand that without Beast in the lab the X-mEN LOSE, but thats still taking away from his fighting expierence, and thats what this is a fight not a lab experiment contest.

marvelprince
Wrong-o.

Not to knock Beast but I don't think you can say Beast has more training experience. Out of all the other FF'ers Ben trains the most. Beast may be the better fight (knowing more styles and whatever), but I wouldn't say Beast is able to use all of his skills better than Thing. The Thing's brawling style is very much suited to his massive size, strength and durability. I understand your trying to defend and I respect that (he's one of my top X-men) lets not downplay The Thing's abilities in the process

Metalmanx
Your write... but Ben was an athelete, and in the services as a human, Hank was born a mutant with powers so you cant compare that, but yea your facts are correct. I agree with you that Beast is a better fighter in the sense of technique and skill, but Thing is tougher IMO which makes him a better scrapper. And yes Beast might have trained more than Thing, but Thing has had WAAAAY more battles with top noch opponents than Beast, and that is what counts. You can practice all you want, but until you do the real thing you ain't nothing.

You're right, and I won't and can't argue with that. Beast just doesn't get the spotlight that Thing does.

Beast has done "the real thing" plenty of times, dozens upon dozens of times. It's just that Thing has done it more, being the strong-guy of a four-member group. Beast is a strong/agile/smart guy of a seeminly-endless-member group? Do you see what I mean? Thing is, without even trying, going to get so many more showings than Beast will because he has to. Smaller team, more spotlight. Bigger team, get lost in the background.

nimbus006
You're right, and I won't and can't argue with that. Beast just doesn't get the spotlight that Thing does.

Beast has done "the real thing" plenty of times, dozens upon dozens of times. It's just that Thing has done it more, being the strong-guy of a four-member group. Beast is a strong/agile/smart guy of a seeminly-endless-member group? Do you see what I mean? Thing is, without even trying, going to get so many more showings than Beast will because he has to. Smaller team, more spotlight. Bigger team, get lost in the background.

Understandable, but it is what it is. Colussus doesn't get the spotlight that Beast does, but we know Colussus will murder Beast as well. B/c the feats that he has performed surpass anything Beast has ever done, and i know you wont argue with that...lol. FF take on bigger threats than the X-Men in my opinion, and with only 4. Which means that Thing has a tougher road to walk than Beast in terms of opponents they fight.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by marvelprince
Not to knock Beast but I don't think you can say Beast has more training experience. Out of all the other FF'ers Ben trains the most. Beast may be the better fight (knowing more styles and whatever), but I wouldn't say Beast is able to use all of his skills better than Thing. The Thing's brawling style is very much suited to his massive size, strength and durability. I understand your trying to defend and I respect that (he's one of my top X-men) lets not downplay The Thing's abilities in the process

No no, don't get me wrong. I meant in no way to downplay Thing's abilities. He's my favorite FF member. He's a great fighter, and utilizes his brawling style very well for his massive size/strength/durability. I never argued that he wasn't.

I just feel, that for the amount of training (I still feel that Beast has trained so much more than Thing has, having been an X-men since his early teens and, for the most part, training basically everyday of that) and battles that Beast has gone through, he is the better fighter. However, not being able to equally compare to all the other physical stats that Ben exhibits is Beast's disadvantage here.

Metalmanx
Understandable, but it is what it is. FF take on bigger threats than the X-Men in my opinion, and with only 4. Which means that Thing has a tougher road to walk than Beast in terms of opponents they fight.

You're right. But it's a bit unfair to compare that the way you did. Beast is not the X-Men's strong guy the way Thing is.

And I'd like to see the Fantastic Four even think about taking on Magnteo. wink

And dare I even bring up Phoenix?

nimbus006
You're right. But it's a bit unfair to compare that the way you did. Beast is not the X-Men's strong guy the way Thing is.

I know its not fair thats why I said this fight should never happen.

Huh Galactus... and still the X-men are like 80, the FF are 4 a little bit easier when you have an army of mutants.

And i was refering more to everyday opponents... Beast did'nt fight the Phoneix, its pretty irrevelant for this thread.
P.S Read my other post again i edited, i think you'll enjoy it smile

Metalmanx
I know its not fair thats why I said this fight should never happen.

Huh Galactus... and still the X-men are like 80, the FF are 4 a little bit easier when you have an army of mutants.

And i was refering more to everyday opponents... Beast did'nt fight the Phoneix, its pretty irrevelant for this thread.
P.S Read my other post again i edited, i think you'll enjoy it smile

Heh, I like the edit. Makes sense, too.

And you're right, I'm not really arguing with you so much as bringing up points to justify my statements.

Yea, I know FF have Galactus, but Phoenix is definitely an equal (if not greater) comparison. I also know that Beast didn't fight her, but you just said "X-Men", so I ran with it. And only a small handful of X-Men fought Phoenix, not all eight-billion.

But, yea. You're right. Everyday opponents, FF have faced tougher ones. I'll agree.

I'd still like to see FF try and tango with Magneto. Heh.

Oooh, or the Shadow King.

nimbus006
Heh, I like the edit. Makes sense, too.

And you're right, I'm not really arguing with you so much as bringing up points to justify my statements.

Yea, I know FF have Galactus, but Phoenix is definitely an equal (if not greater) comparison. I also know that Beast didn't fight her, but you just said "X-Men", so I ran with it. And only a small handful of X-Men fought Phoenix, not all eight-billion.

But, yea. You're right. Everyday opponents, FF have faced tougher ones. I'll agree.

I'd still like to see FF try and tango with Magneto. Heh.

Oooh, or the Shadow King.

Magneto and Doom are similiar head aches, but yea he is a hand full.

Grimm22

*sigh* roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by Accel

http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ffv1104188jj.jpg
http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ffv1104199ta.jpg
http://img384.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ffv1104204ja.jpg

Oh and I would to see the X-men take down Dr. Doom (which they havent) or Annihilus big grin

Metalmanx
*sigh* roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh and I would to see the X-men take down Dr. Doom (which they havent) or Annihilus big grin

I could win with prep against Magneto.

I really wouldn't compare Dr. Doom to Phoenix. Or Shadow King.

nimbus006
Guys as much as I would love too, lets not turn this thread into a FF vs X-Men battle.

Metalmanx
Guys as much as I would love too, lets not turn this thread into a FF vs X-Men battle.

You're right. I apologize for the digress of topic there.

Darth Martin
Wrong-o.

Thing does win this fight (especially against current Beast). Couldn't have said it better myself.

Darth Martin
By no means am I underestimating Beast. I know he is a great fighter, and is extremely expierenced, and i love his character, but it is a fact that many times while the X-Men are out fighting some villian Beast is in the lab figuring out a way to stop him. Ben on the other hand is always in the middle of the fray throwing down with the best. As for stamina, i do not think it is debatable. Beast cannot go as long as Thing with out fatigue poisons bulding in his blood. Thing on the other hand can survive in many diffrerent types of atmospheres without a suit i.e the negative zone where all the other FF needed a suit. Plus Thing can keep fighting in extreme tempatures, and Beast cannot. Beast doesn't need to be the team fighter like Ben...........Wolverine OWNS that spot bub. wink

Darth Martin

When Beast isn't in the lab, he's also in the fray. Or the Danger Room, basically everyday, in fact, training hard. yes ,While Beast is incredibly and un-comparrably athletic he is also sort of the X-Mens Reed Richards.

Darth Martin

And dare I even bring up Phoenix? Also, FF4 always take on big guns(Galactus and others with prep) whereas the X-Men hardly ever use prep.

Dinalfos
I think Thing would win.

Grimm22
I could win with prep against Magneto.

I really wouldn't compare Dr. Doom to Phoenix. Or Shadow King.

The X-men got their asses kicked by Phoneix no expression

pft, Doom owns Shadow King cool

Darth Martin
I agree with Doom>>Shadow King

DarkCrawler
Shadow King would own Doom in no prep battle.

Tony Stark
Wrong-o.

confused

Where are you getting your info from?

Hank was a better athlete than Ben? Please show me where it has ever been said outside of that statement from you that hank was a potential pro-anything athlete prior than becoming the beast.

And Hank is the better fighter your now officially a confirmed crack head on acid... Never have I seen anything that has said that Beast was rated a superior fighter to Ben in fact if my memory is correct Beast was a 3 and Ben was a 5 in MARVELS 1-7 scale.

There is nothing that Beast could do to beat Ben in any form either one of them.

rotiart
I remember it being 4 and 6... but still... :P beast would have to get lucky, or a powerboost to win against thing...
but then again if spiderman can beat hulk and firelord...
and squirrel girl can beat thanos... :P

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Never have I seen anything that has said that Beast was rated a superior fighter to Ben in fact if my memory is correct Beast was a 3 and Ben was a 5 in MARVELS 1-7 scale.

The interesting this is I used that very same argument in the Colossus/Namor debate and people almost has a cardiac arrest. confused

DarkCrawler
Not the same people here. wink

I think that skills are at least comparable...Thing has probably somewhat more experience with him being scrapping constantly in Yancy Street and having army training...in straight brawling, not many can beat the Thing...Beast's training has in my opinion focused on acrobatics more, although that is his fighting style too. Haven't really seen much combat feats for Beast. As for now, I'd say Thing is more skilled in fighting.

Marvels number scale can still kiss my ass as far as I am concerned...

nimbus006
Beast doesn't need to be the team fighter like Ben...........Wolverine OWNS that spot bub. wink

Ok then, so we can agree that Thing has more expierence fighting ...lol your just proving my point.

Reaper777
Beast has got more agility, but Thing is made of rock and he has way more power, Beast loses.

( I dont like the cat beast either, ape beast was way cooler.)

Grimm22
Originally posted by Reaper777
Beast has got more agility, but Thing is made of rock and he has way more power, Beast loses.

( I dont like the cat beast either, ape beast was way cooler.)

Pft, Bear Beast wins shifty

stay super

Metalmanx
Pft, Bear Beast wins shifty

Late-90s Beast for the win! stick out tongue

And Shadow King would destroy Doom.

stay super
i dont know i never saw beast winning any fight, did beast had a good fights that he won as the ape beast?

xmarksthespot
pft, Doom owns Shadow King cool Right.... What the f**k?

olympian
Well Beast of course. Who else.

Darth Martin
Ok then, so we can agree that Thing has more expierence fighting ...lol your just proving my point. I'm saying that beast is the X-Mens Reed Richards and most of the time he is in the lab making some miracle cure or weapon to save the X-Mens butts. I beleive that Beast is more athletic and may be a better fighter but Ben is probably to strong for Beast anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.