Obi wan's died because...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
It's mean to be Obi Wan but oh well. Everyone knows that Obi wan dies to help the falcon get away but...I think he also did it because he knew that Luke was the one to defeat Vadetr and not him. He knew that Luke would have be able to help Vader back to the good side and bring balance to the force and defeat the Empire.

Ushgarak
No, they had given up on that. It is important to the plot that that is Luke's faith, and Luke's alone.

They are throwing everything on the only hope they have left- that Luke can destroy the Emperor.

steverules
Well maybe Obi Wan saw it was Luke's destiny to beat vader, and so he allowed himself to die so that Luke could fulfil his destiny.

Ushgarak
Beat Vader, yes. Not convert- the mood is clearly in favour of him not thionking that was so.

"Obi-Wan once thought as you did."

Vader could be wrong, of course, but much more likely that this is information for the audience, especially as Obi-Wan pours cold water on Luke voicing such ideas earlier.

steverules
I guess so

greenangel
Originally posted by steverules
It's mean to be Obi Wan but oh well. Everyone knows that Obi wan dies to help the falcon get away but...I think he also did it because he knew that Luke was the one to defeat Vadetr and not him. He knew that Luke would have be able to help Vader back to the good side and bring balance to the force and defeat the Empire. yes

aids_lol
obi-wan dies bacause darth vader liked to kill gays

Sesse
To be better able to assist Luke?

That old bonesack can be a ***** to carry along all those exotic places such as Hoth, but a ghostly Ben coming and going as it pleases can be a handy mentor. Doesn't require much upkeep either!

Mugen
LUKE
I can't kill my own father.

BEN
Then the Emperor has already won. You were
our only hope.

^I think that sums up Obi's feelings.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by aids_lol
obi-wan dies bacause darth vader liked to kill gays

SHUT UP!! mad

> maybe because Lucas wrote it... big grin

it's part of Luke's de-sTi-ny

steverules
Obi Wan is gay? What the f**k?

Anyway, that's what I'm saying, it's Luke's destiny. Plus Ben telling Luke that he is the only hope they have, Ben died so that the Sith would be destroyed. I mean if Obi Wan had killed vader what then?

Mr Parker
this was already discussed about over on my new hope thread as well.

steverules
Well it's kinda being discussed here by accident, kinda went into it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.