Barney or the Muppets?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allofyousuckkk
O.k, me and a friend were talking and we got onto the discussion of which was more popular/famous/better between Barney and the Muppets (we mean this overall, not just what we were thinking)(and not just adults, but children as well). So I want to know which you think is better and why. Although the Muppets have been around longer, I think children and adults both like Barney more....because he isn't boring.

That's all

botankus
The Muppets have had numerous major motion pictures, dolls, and their own ice capades. Granted, Barney has had 2 of the 3, but let's face it - he's only one oaf and The Muppets are about 20 halfway-decent ones. Plus, they have their own 3D attraction at Disneyworld, and Barney is the show that's on in the Hotel Room when you wake up all hungover and ready to puke.

Soleran
muppets, the combination of Animal and Miss Piggy alone smoosh Barney!

Muppets have had multiple movies etc.............

Oh man I miss the Muppets special when I was a kid! I think I lived in North or South Carolina when it was popular...............memories!

Arcana
Dude... teh Muppets pwn.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

cking
I don't know why little kids are so fascinated with barney anyway? shouldn't they be scared of him, this is the same dinosaur that terrorised other dinosaurs 65 million years ago. barney should be feared by the little kids. I think it would be cool is barney showed his true nature and became a real t-rex. he would probably start eating and stomping on the little kids. the song would be like I hate you, you hate me, you little kids will become lunch today.*barney starts eating little kids, all hell breaks lose in the city*

jaden101
http://www.corpseclothing.com/designs/1177d.jpg

Roland
Muppets are the sh*t. Honestly how can you beat Kermit?

Morgoths_Wrath
http://www.stanford.edu/group/blocklab/Muppets/animal%20Drums.jpg

Imperial_Samura
I don't understand how anyone could even utter the Muppet's and Barney in the same sentence (yes, I know I just did) - you have the Muppet's that where a definitive thing, fondly remembered by so many people, they were witty, well made, masters of their trade.

Find me a single person who remembers Barney fondly and all you will have found is proof that certain people should be silenced for all time. Find me a single person who says "yeah, Barney, now there is some wit" and all you will have found is that there is no god.

It disappoints me that the childrens shows of yesteryear (my years) seem to be being increasingly dropped in favor of people in overly bright suits that make stupid noises. Barney, Tellitubbies etc.

allofyousuckkk
0_o

Imperial_Samura
Don't worry, I was just being melodramatic, though I do think that in terms of creativity and the enjoyment factor the Muppet's are vastly superior to Barney and his ilk.

Regret
I'm sorry, but beaker was the best Muppet ever, and even Elmo could waste Barney in a vs. battle...I hate vs. forums...gahhh...slam

cking
barney is no match for any Muppet character.

debbiejo
I love the Muppets expeciall their old night time shows.....

do do do do doo,. badabada, do do do dooooo, badabada do do do do do, do do do do do do..do do do do dooo

cking
yes the mighty chant!!! no expression

El_NINO
http://themot.org/gallery/d/2124-1/ramupgrade.jpg

RhinestoneRelli
I work at a pre-school, and the kids seem to enjoy watching Barney way more than the Muppets. Personally, I think Barney (HIS LAUGH) is so annoying, and the Muppets are way better... but from a 2-5 year old's perspective, they would say Barney... i guess they like scary purple dinosaurs more than cool green frogs, and little piggies...

fini
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
http://www.stanford.edu/group/blocklab/Muppets/animal%20Drums.jpg

eek! ANIMAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

muppets hands down

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by RhinestoneRelli
I work at a pre-school, and the kids seem to enjoy watching Barney way more than the Muppet's. Personally, I think Barney (HIS LAUGH) is so annoying, and the Muppet's are way better... but from a 2-5 year old's perspective, they would say Barney... i guess they like scary purple dinosaurs more than cool green frogs, and little piggies...

True, but the moment their brains mature enough to get the jokes and the like, Barney goes down hard and the Muppet's arise triumphant.

Though my little brother (5 years old) has always loved the Muppet's Christmas Carrol. Pretty much the only Christmas movie that ends up get played year round at my parents house.

cking
once they find out how evil and sadistic barney is and his plans to take over the world by using little kids as his slaves then they will rebel against him and turn to the Muppet's for for safety.the "elmonater" and the hero's of the Muppet world will destroy barney once and for all and turn the brainwash kids back to normal again and they will watch the Muppet's in peace. smile

JaehSkywalker
Barney suCks...

period.

cking
thumb up

Inspectah Deck
Kermit the Frog is better

Penelope
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
O.k, me and a friend were talking and we got onto the discussion of which was more popular/famous/better between Barney and the Muppets (we mean this overall, not just what we were thinking)(and not just adults, but children as well). So I want to know which you think is better and why. Although the Muppets have been around longer, I think children and adults both like Barney more....because he isn't boring.

That's all

I'm sorry, but Barney is just way too creepy. The Muppets rock, especially Sesame Street. When the time comes for me to have children, i will make sure that Barney is banned from the TV.

BlackSunshine
Barney is evil.

Imperial_Samura
I think Barney and Big Bird should have a battle. They are both big, both start with B. Both have minions (Birdkaters, Barnykaters) - both have the cold, dead eyes of psychopaths. It would be interesting.

Note: It's been a long times since I saw Sesame Street. I don't know if Big Bird still has that gang of kids dressed as birds. Or if Oscar still has those ones with trash cans on their head. Even if they don't exist anymore they pwn Barney. Pwn him badly.

NINJ4_BL4D3
Animal in the Muppets is the man........Barney is Purple and Gay

cking
animal would rip Barney's head off.
evil face

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.