Laptop headphone help.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

~Da Rev~
I recently bought a new headset. But i cant get the headphone part to work. Is there something in need to set up so that will work? Because the mic works.

Bloigen
Make sure nothing in the Volume box is muted.

eggmayo
Try installing any drivers that came with it, and setting your speaker settings to headphones... also, try unplugging any speakers that are currently attached.

El_NINO
Originally posted by eggmayo
Try installing any drivers that came with it, and setting your speaker settings to headphones... also, try unplugging any speakers that are currently attached.

Why would you install drivers for a headset? What the f**k? first time somone has ever mentioned that. Once again please dont give random responses just to sound like you know what your talking about, its ok to give advice but make sure you how to handle these things.

If this is for a laptop and you have no speakers connected than plug in the headset and make sure nothing is muted on headset if it has a volume controller and on your WINDOWS Volume Controller. Also make sure you have plugged in the headset correctly.

T.M
Originally posted by El_NINO
Why would you install drivers for a headset? What the f**k? first time somone has ever mentioned that. Once again please dont give random responses just to sound like you know what your talking about, its ok to give advice but make sure you how to handle these things.

If this is for a laptop and you have no speakers connected than plug in the headset and make sure nothing is muted on headset if it has a volume controller and on your WINDOWS Volume Controller. Also make sure you have plugged in the headset correctly.

uhh.. You do have to install the drivers for some headsets... I did for mine anyway.

El_NINO
Originally posted by T.M
uhh.. You do have to install the drivers for some headsets... I did for mine anyway.

what headsets were they, I need proof why because even if it did come with drivers they should still work out of the box.

eggmayo
I had to install drivers for Logitech mic, headset has mic on..

Lana
Originally posted by El_NINO
what headsets were they, I need proof why because even if it did come with drivers they should still work out of the box.

If something needs drivers, then it will NOT work properly out of the box until the drivers are installed.

TOH
Originally posted by Lana
If something needs drivers, then it will NOT work properly out of the box until the drivers are installed.
Wow! shock

stick out tongue

El_NINO
Originally posted by eggmayo
I had to install drivers for Logitech mic, headset has mic on..

For the mic, but he never mentioned a mic did he, he said his headphones didnt work.

Originally posted by Lana

I can think of a few things that comes with drivers but you dont need to install them to work.

1) Printers even if they are connected by parallel cable
2) PS/2 Mouse
3) Gamepads, Joysticks
4) Video Cards (although you do need it to get the best performance out of them they still work with no drivers)
5) LCD, CRT Monitor

I can keep going on. Just because it comes with drivers doesnt mean it will not work. Like you said if it NEEDS it yes however the original problem in this thread is that his HEADPHONES dont work... when was the last time you need drivers for a headphone? If thats the case why not try to install the drivers for it in your stereo while your at it. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.