Good threads to check out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Regret
Is it just me or have the religion threads become an amalgam of crap for the most part? I jump from thread to thread (current ones) and most of them are arguing the exact same thing on a number of threads. So much so that I once responded on the wrong thread because I couldn't tell from the posts on the final page that I was in the wrong place. Given this, which threads have novel or unique material in your opinion, and which ones are just crap? Please do not only list names, include a link to the thread. These threads I feel are unique and have a topic that is being followed fairly well, these are based imo, so don't be all pissy if yours wasn't listed. I didn't list many only the ones that had new posts when I got on today:

Religon VS Science
Respect and support
Is being bisexual a sin?
Mormons
A critique of the Bible
My argument against
** The MISUNDERSTOOD Religon **

edit: Thought I'd add another

Practical Buddhism

Alliance
laughing Throw this one on the "crap" pile.

Most threads stated by sane posters go thorugh good and bad phases.

Regret
I'm speaking about these ones as examples of being worthless

The fool has said in his/her heart there is no God
Proof that Jesus exists not existed
Here I Go Again. Only Two Groups Folks Which One Are You In?
God loves all of you even if no one else does
Final Invitation to Heaven, sincerely Jesus Christ of Nazareth
What is truth? Jesus Christ is Truth

They are pretty much repetitive and are basically worthless as a whole, they have degenerated into the same arguments across them and their intent was too similar. I get on here and have to wade through these to remember which one I actually had posted in. Other than the name there is very little to distinguish between them. They push meaningful threads down where it is a pain looking for them, and once they disappear below the visible screen new ones pop up and take their place. If only one of them existed it would not be an issue, but they are legion, to take some liberties with the quote wink

Shakyamunison
These are my best threads.

Which is bigger, God or everything
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=399373

If God were to tell you to, would you fly an airplane into a building?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=354880

Christians worship the bible?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=396701

How many Christians are Christian only because of fear?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=390514

Is there anything that God can not do?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=350277

debbiejo
Are you all gonna read these thread? Cause if you really are then I'll throw a few into it also........I think it would be neat to see what we have all discovered....

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by debbiejo
Are you all gonna read these thread? Cause if you really are then I'll throw a few into it also........I think it would be neat to see what we have all discovered....

Read the threads? confused We don't read any sticking threads. We just read the last post and make some smart-ass irrelevant comment. laughing

debbiejo
I will later.........been a stressful week.........but will get back...

Well here is one..

http://www.nobeliefs.com/DarkBible/darkbible2.htm

If people read mine, then I'll read theres

Regret

I'll be hitting a few, who knows, I might comment here and there.

Shakyamunison
I will later.........been a stressful week.........but will get back...

Well here is one..

http://www.nobeliefs.com/DarkBible/darkbible2.htm

If people read mine, then I'll read theres

I think we are taking about threads, right here.

Alliance
A thread about threads....we're doomed.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Alliance
A thread about threads....we're doomed.

Should I start a thread about the danger of threads about good threads? eek! laughing

Alliance
Yes. It would clearyl be a benefit to this forum.

No offense to Regret. I cetainly agree with his points about the massive deterioration of threads here...but I attribute that to specific memebers...and strongly feel that making a thread about it was a bad idea.

Regret
Yes. It would clearyl be a benefit to this forum.

No offense to Regret. I cetainly agree with his points about the massive deterioration of threads here...but I attribute that to specific memebers...and strongly feel that making a thread about it was a bad idea.

I agree with you Alliance, but I personally have seen a severe decline in the quality of discussion on the forums. This decline is due to a very specific and very small group of individuals that are not discussing religion, but are preaching their beliefs. I have never seen a thread that they have begun ask a question concerning any one else's beliefs by these few individuals, and I have never seen them rebut properly a valid statement against their views. They have stated that they are only here to spread their view and not to discuss or debate religion. I asked one of these individuals who was more prone to discussion to start a thread attacking modern prophets, Joseph Smith in particular, and he did, this thread was combined with the Mormons thread, and very quickly. At the time there were, I believe 3 current threads dealing with mormons. Why have these threads not been combined? I shouldn't have to wade through posts that are obviously dealing with a single belief system if there is an issue wading through 3 threads dealing with my views.

I apologize. I am becoming frustrated with the situation, and should just ignore it. I don't mind the majority of members that post here.

gordomuchacho
Originally posted by Regret
I agree with you Alliance, but I personally have seen a severe decline in the quality of discussion on the forums. This decline is due to a very specific and very small group of individuals that are not discussing religion, but are preaching their beliefs. I have never seen a thread that they have begun ask a question concerning any one else's beliefs by these few individuals, and I have never seen them rebut properly a valid statement against their views. They have stated that they are only here to spread their view and not to discuss or debate religion. I asked one of these individuals who was more prone to discussion to start a thread attacking modern prophets, Joseph Smith in particular, and he did, this thread was combined with the Mormons thread, and very quickly. At the time there were, I believe 3 current threads dealing with mormons. Why have these threads not been combined? I shouldn't have to wade through posts that are obviously dealing with a single belief system if there is an issue wading through 3 threads dealing with my views.

I apologize. I am becoming frustrated with the situation, and should just ignore it. I don't mind the majority of members that post here.

Besides jesusisalive, who else do you think is this way. It may help to let those who are like that, including me if you feel im like that, know to create more discussion and debate.

Regret
Originally posted by gordomuchacho
Besides jesusisalive, who else do you think is this way. It may help to let those who are like that, including me if you feel im like that, know to create more discussion and debate.

The other that I was directly referring to has not posted since around the fourth.

Alliance
Originally posted by Regret
I don't mind the majority of members that post here.
I think this is good to keep in mind.

debbiejo
Should we post a certain link and then all discuss it??? One link at a time untill exhausted?

Shakyamunison
Should we post a certain link and then all discuss it??? One link at a time untill exhausted?

OK were is your link? confused

Alliance
No.

docb77
Ok, this one isn't a particularly fast moving thread, but it does try to build and inspire as opposed to just arguing.

Favorite Scripture thread
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f80/t398655.html

Alliance
No. That thread is there to preach.

docb77
No. That thread is there to preach.

Nonsense, it openly accepts scripture from any religion. I've even seen bits of the declaration of independence and other political documents posted.

Alliance
Yes. Those were my preachings.

docb77
And they fit in just fine, didn't they?

Alliance
They're still obnoxious preachings.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.