Wonder woman vs. Supergirl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
WW is known to be a weaker version of Supes and Supergirl is a girl version of Supes. Who wins?

Longinus
Wonder Woman, better fighter and more experienced. Supergirl isn't on Superman's level, if she was she would be in the top 3 tied with Supes & Capt.Marvel, but she isn't and Wonder Woman is. Also Supergirl is comparable to a Superman who puts restraints on his powers not really impressice compared to someone who's reckless and lacks control.

WW FTW 9/10

juggernaut66666
super girl cause the writer of superman/batman JEPH LOEB=BIGGEST IDIOT EVER made her beat the JLA laughing

x_danny_x
Supergirl defeated the JLA???? I guess this is the new trend, so far I heard that Superboy Prime defeated the JLA, Batman defeated the JLA and some dude that stole Batman's plans on how to defeat the JLA, defeated the JLA!!

bigbran
i made this thread some time ago.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by x_danny_x
Supergirl defeated the JLA???? I guess this is the new trend, so far I heard that Superboy Prime defeated the JLA, Batman defeated the JLA and some dude that stole Batman's plans on how to defeat the JLA, defeated the JLA!!

LMAO laughing

Validus
You're not a DC top tier until you've beaten the League.

UniOmni
Actually, Supergirl IS more powerful than WW. By a fair bit. Or should be at least.

The whole crux of Loebs Supergirl arc, when everybody thought she was more powerful than her big cousin/lil cousin was that Superman simply wasn't trying........Insanely stupid, yeah, but thats Loeb for ya.

So going by that, Supergirl operates above Supermans everyday level of power. Since she isn't use to holding back. He is stronger as a whole, but her average output is higher than his.

WW is significantly below Supermans everyday levels, so for Kara to be above his everyday levels, means that she's beyond Diana by a more than significant margin.
So the end result is, Supergirl >>Superman normal, and Superman normal>> Diana, so if my math is correct, Supergirl >>>>Diana as a whole.
And thus, Loeb ensures more years of hatred for the Superman Family, and all by proving Supergirl >> JLA, and thus True Superman >>>> JLA.

And people wonder why he wins the most hated contests. Superman, that is.

Validus
Originally posted by UniOmni
WW is significantly below Supermans everyday levels, so for Kara to be above his everyday levels, means that she's beyond Diana by a more than significant margin.

And you wonder why I call you a hater.

UniOmni
IS that not the truth though Vally?? Isn't it clear that Superman is more powerful than Diana, at his normal, everyday levels??

How can someone who operates higher than the normal levels of Superman not be much higher than Diana??

rotiart
Actually, Supergirl IS more powerful than WW. By a fair bit. Or should be at least.

The whole crux of Loebs Supergirl arc, when everybody thought she was more powerful than her big cousin/lil cousin was that Superman simply wasn't trying........Insanely stupid, yeah, but thats Loeb for ya.

So going by that, Supergirl operates above Supermans everyday level of power. Since she isn't use to holding back. He is stronger as a whole, but her average output is higher than his.

So the end result is, Supergirl >>Superman normal, and Superman normal>> Diana, so if my math is correct, Supergirl >>>>Diana as a whole.
And thus, Loeb ensures more years of hatred for the Superman Family, and all by proving Supergirl >> JLA, and thus True Superman >>>> JLA.

And people wonder why he wins the most hated contests. Superman, that is.

Actually I disagree.
WW and Superman tend to both hold back.
Supergirl fights all out.
Supergirl all out > Superman holding back
Supergirl All out > WW holding back
Supergirl all out vs WW all out
means supergirl gets a freaking spanking.

rotiart
I'll bet anything someone will one day retcon that whole fight to be that everyone understood supergirl was under some kind of mind control, and didn't really wanna hurt her, so they feigned defeat.

Validus
IS that not the truth though Vally?? Isn't it clear that Superman is more powerful than Diana, at his normal, everyday levels??

Only if you count Diana at her everyday power levels. Everyday Superman is not superior to all out Diana.

UniOmni
So you'd say All out Diana is equal or superior to everyday Superman??

Validus
So you'd say All out Diana is equal or superior to everyday Superman??
Of course. Unless we're saying everyday Superman is 90% of his max, that argument doesn't have any legs to stand on. She's does too well against all out Superman to claim she's under his everyday levels. If she were that far beneath him, she'd get killed in one shot every time.

rotiart
supermans appears the obvious stronger to me on both counts, however its diana's fighting style that gives her near even odds.

Grimm22
WW has already beaten her no expression

that and Zattana even said that she wasnt as powerful as WW wink

UniOmni
Originally posted by Grimm22
WW has already beaten her no expression

that and Zattana even said that she wasnt as powerful as WW wink

And Batman has beaten Bane and Killer Croc. Doesn't make him any more powerful than them.
And at best, all i could see WW as in comparison to Supergirl is equal, with a slant towards the kryptonian.
WW hangs with the best of them, due to the fact that she's more skilled than the rest of them. And in the ballpark, but not quite there.

Longinus
And Batman has beaten Bane and Killer Croc. Doesn't make him any more powerful than them.
And at best, all i could see WW as in comparison to Supergirl is equal, with a slant towards the kryptonian.
WW hangs with the best of them, due to the fact that she's more skilled than the rest of them. And in the ballpark, but not quite there.

It's like Rotiart says it's thanks to Batman's skill and experience that he is able to beat people like Bane and Croc, this is what Diana a fighting chance against Superman.

C1nd3r
Originally posted by rotiart
Actually I disagree.
WW and Superman tend to both hold back.
Supergirl fights all out.
Supergirl all out > Superman holding back
Supergirl All out > WW holding back
Supergirl all out vs WW all out
means supergirl gets a freaking spanking.

Spanking. GODDAMN THATS HOT.

xmarksthespot
So the end result is, Supergirl >>Superman normal, and Superman normal>> Diana, so if my math is correct, Supergirl >>>>Diana as a whole.You've got the strangest idea of significant. You think there's no significant difference between Namor and WW yet there's a huge insurmountable difference between Superman's normal strength and WW's.

WW is significantly more skilled than Supergirl. And going all out she's likely stronger. If they both go all out Supergirl gets her ass handed to her.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/1959/243ew.th.jpg
http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/3834/273bm.th.jpg

joesha28
Woman Woman no doubt..

UniOmni
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
You've got the strangest idea of significant. You think there's no significant difference between Namor and WW yet there's a huge insurmountable difference between Superman's normal strength and WW's.

WW is significantly more skilled than Supergirl. And going all out she's likely stronger. If they both go all out Supergirl gets her ass handed to her.

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/3834/273bm.th.jpg 8

I can see her skill and experience making her the victor.
But i can't see her winning, due to better stats.

DC has made it abundantly clear, that Kryptonians as a race, >>>damn near everyone else.

LethalFemme
You've got the strangest idea of significant. You think there's no significant difference between Namor and WW yet there's a huge insurmountable difference between Superman's normal strength and WW's.

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/3834/273bm.th.jpg

Namor and WW?

I can see her skill and experience making her the victor.
But i can't see her winning, due to better stats.

DC has made it abundantly clear, that Kryptonians as a race, >>>damn near everyone else.

True but, I've never truly seen Diana go all out as we've seen Superman so many times. If anything I will say this they do portray Diana as someone with extremely high endurance and defense. She gets hit so often but, in all the fights I've seen them in the writer has always favored Superman. There are way too many occasions where it seems like she's holding back or at least not trying to use her skills.erm

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by LethalFemme
Namor and WW?Apparently there are three tiers of class 100, a top tier with Superman and Captain Marvel, a mid-tier with Supergirl and Martian Manhunter, and a bottom tier where Wonder Woman sits with Namor.... no expression

Juntai
Apparently there are three tiers of class 100, a top tier with Superman and Captain Marvel, a mid-tier with Supergirl and Martian Manhunter, and a bottom tier where Wonder Woman sits with Namor.... no expression In pure physical attributes, Supes is in a league of his own... once he kicks it up a notch, he very quickly fades the competition.

The Pict
Wonder Woman takes this

Juntai
Originally posted by The Pict
Wonder Woman takes this I agree.
SG needs a few more years of training with the amazons and taking down baddies before she could hope to match Diana's years of fighting prowess.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Juntai
In pure physical attributes, Supes is in a league of his own... once he kicks it up a notch, he very quickly fades the competition. Do you think that Supergirl, who apparently is pretty much going all out all the time, is stronger than if WW, who knows self-restraint, goes all out though?

LethalFemme
Apparently there are three tiers of class 100, a top tier with Superman and Captain Marvel, a mid-tier with Supergirl and Martian Manhunter, and a bottom tier where Wonder Woman sits with Namor.... no expression

Um no she's leagues above Namor isn't he low class 100 she's top tier.confused

The weird thing to me is for regular humans a woman with extensive h2h training vs a man who's a slugger the woman would most likely seem the victor but, with Superman and WW who are relatively comparable in every aspect. With the exception he has offensive powers but, she has magical weaponry(that is also one of his greatest weaknesses) that makes up for it loses so easily?

LethalFemme
Do you think that Supergirl, who apparently is pretty much going all out all the time, is stronger than if WW, who knows self-restraint, goes all out though?

Also didn't WW handle an all out Supergirl that was ranked higher than Superman?

Juntai
Do you think that Supergirl, who apparently is pretty much going all out all the time, is stronger than if WW, who knows self-restraint, goes all out though? She's up there, but Supergirl would never beat WW due to martial tactics, martial skill, and experience...oh, and because WW is part of the Trinity.

Juntai
Also didn't WW handle an all out Supergirl that was ranked higher than Superman? No, she's not ranked higher than Superman, never was.

LethalFemme
She's up there, but Supergirl would never beat WW due to martial tactics, martial skill, and experience...oh, and because WW is part of the Trinity.

With that being said isn't that the true reason WW doesn't hand Superman his ass when he's easily outclassed in skills and with her weapons? Unlike him she's had her powers since birth and has trained and tempered them so does/is she more likely or better at holding back?

LethalFemme
No, she's not ranked higher than Superman, never was.

I know that but, around that time everyone thought she was. Before it came to the conclusion that Superman just holds back. Which to me is just a cheap way to amp Superman's levels.erm

xmarksthespot
Um no she's leagues above Namor isn't he low class 100 she's top tier.confusedHey don't ask me... I didn't class them like that... erm

Juntai
I know that but, around that time everyone thought she was. Before it came to the conclusion that Superman just holds back. Which to me is just a cheap way to amp Superman's levels.erm But he does hold back on Earth... She should have even known better. She never would have stood a chance against Darkseid, or half of the threats Supes has mopped up in random arcs.

Juntai
With that being said isn't that the true reason WW doesn't hand Superman his ass when he's easily outclassed in skills and with her weapons? Unlike him she's had her powers since birth and has trained and tempered them so does/is she more likely or better at holding back? The reason WW doesn't just hand Supes his ass is because she can't.

LethalFemme
Hey don't ask me... I didn't class them like that... erm

Whoever did has a bad misconception. To say WW is far below Superman is kinda an average response(especially from the guys roll eyes (sarcastic) ) but, how Martian Manhunter? And if WW is the female version of Superman doesn't that make her equal to a full grown Supergirl?

But he does hold back on Earth... She should have even known better. She never would have stood a chance against Darkseid, or half of the threats Supes has mopped up in random arcs.

Superman shouldn't have stood up to people he's mopped up in random arcs. How many times do we clearly see people get around Superman and forget they can manhandle him? Especially those that have magic?

The reason WW doesn't just hand Supes his ass is because she can't.

In some aspects shouldn't he be barely beating her? Her skills are supposed to count for something but, somehow are left out when ever she fights him. I have seen her use some tech but, it's obvious she doesn't go all out when he is. Her magical weapons cut through him like butter.erm

UniOmni
I was the one who said that i'd put her and Namor closer in power. And Namor when wet, is a true bruiser. Mid class 100s at least.

WW would beat the tar outta him all the same, due to her weapons and speed advantage. But i don't believe she's really much if at all stronger than him.

He's matched Thor while in the water decently, broken the bands of Cytorrak and has always beaten the Hulk.
One shotted BRB, who's Thors relative equal, and is just a bruiser in the water.
Imo, there is no shame in being on the same level as Namor.
He's less popular, so his feats aren't as widespread or known.

And yeah, i do believe that there are tiers within classes.

Low, middle and Elite.

WW is weaker than Superman, and always has been. Comparable, but definitely weaker.
Supergirl operates at a higher level than normal Superman, due to the not holding back thing.
WW operates lower than a normal superman, even though she too holds back.
Not holding back, i can't see her stats being better than Karas.
Her skill and exp grants her the win.
And Jun has it right.

WW will always be the numero uno lady on Earth, though Supergirl as the female counterpart to Superman, should be a bit stronger.
At least, should imo.

And yeah, i did put her under Martian Manhunter.

On average she's higher, but when he's amped, he is a bit above her.

And i like WW more than Supergirl.

ZephroCarnelian
Wonder Woman would beat her, but it wouldn't be down to pure power.

As people said, it's Diana's skill and experience that take it.

And Superman is about on a level with these two when he is at his normal comic showing.

When he lets rip, however, he hits a totally different plane of power than these two...

UniOmni
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Wonder Woman would beat her, but it wouldn't be down to pure power.

As people said, it's Diana's skill and experience that take it.

And Superman is about on a level with these two when he is at his normal comic showing.

When he lets rip, however, he hits a totally different plane of power than these two...

Gotta call a different view on it.
Loebs Supergirl arc, while stupid and uninspired, told us that the reason everyone thought Supergirl was more powerful than Superman, was because he simply wasn't trying.
So that tells me, at least, that she's above his normal levels, but below his all out levels.

But to think he went so far as to put on a Kryptonite ring, when all he had to do was access these legendary "deeper levels of omg thats Superman owns all!!" to win??
I swear to God that Loeb is an idiot at times.

Had the guy wear something thats lethal to him, when the power lay within all the time?? Stupid.

ZephroCarnelian
Gotta call a different view on it.
Loebs Supergirl arc, while stupid and uninspired, told us that the reason everyone thought Supergirl was more powerful than Superman, was because he simply wasn't trying.
So that tells me, at least, that she's above his normal levels, but below his all out levels.

But to think he went so far as to put on a Kryptonite ring, when all he had to do was access these legendary "deeper levels of omg thats Superman owns all!!" to win??
I swear to God that Loeb is an idiot at times.

Had the guy wear something thats lethal to him, when the power lay within all the time?? Stupid.

lol, I get what you mean.

But hitting her with a Kryptonite ring is an instant knockout for keeping fighting down to a minimum. He's well aware of Kryptonite, it's effects and applications.

But if he summoned his full strength, he wouldn't know what would happen if he punched her.

Would her invulnerability protect her (it should) or would she be splattered across Darkseid's palace lol?

Loeb may contradict himself at times, but I think that one makes a bit of sense.

joesha28
I believe if both WW AND Supes go all out the will above SG. WW is weaker than Supes but only slightly. Namor is water is a beast, could be comparable to WW but only slightly but water keep him from getting KOed easily.

stay super

olympian
With Loebs revelation theres is no doubt. SM > SG. Anyone even though it would be any other way?

That being, WW is probably a tad stronger, taking into consideration how she fared against SG awhile ago.

UniOmni
I tend to take into account company mandates and tradition, especially in DC.

I don't care if the void came into DC, WW would still be touted as the numero uno female.

You get benefits like that, being part of the Trinity.

CaptainStoic
Stat wise I say Wonder Woman would be the one bleeding, but because of her experience I see her taking Super Girl, this however should change in years to come when Kara becomes more of a seasoned fighter. Wonder Woman is outclassed when it comes to Krytonians , Daxamites (power wise), and whatever the red head named Maxima is.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I think most people dont' realize that Wonder Woman can pretty much do anything physically that she wants to. She has the power of the Gods at her disposal. And the she is connected to the Earth. In terms of raw strength, she is Superman's EQUAL!! Superman is only more powerful than her because he has more offensice powers. But she is a defender. If she wanted to, she could just cross her bracelets and let supergirl wear her self out. Or she could break her bones. Supergirl is not as dense as Superman. It takes years and years of sun dipping to get to the level of superman.

joesha28
In the Sacrifice storyline we saw how Diana barely held back against an enraged Superman and has done quite well for herself.

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by joesha28
In the Sacrifice storyline we saw how Diana barely held back against an enraged Superman and has done quite well for herself.

To be fair, Superman was in a blind rage in that fight.

And Diana is a thinker, so she was always going to be able to hold her own there. She managed to snap his shin and slice his throat open.

Not many people can say they've done that to Superman lol. big grin

If Superman was thinking clearly and not hypnotised then he would've taken her down.

--------

Anyway, that's beside the point.

Superman is above Wonder Woman, but he's one of the few blokes who are.

And no women are.

Wonder Woman would beat Supergirl.

I believe Supergirl, being a Kryptonian, has the raw power, but Diana has the experience.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.