Fantasy Football Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DigiMark007
There may be a thread like this...I only browsed page 1 and didn't see anything.

But if not, I'm in a league, and love FF, and figured I wouldn't mind chatting about it.

So, are any others involved in FF. I'm only in my 2nd year, but I shocked my league by winning as a rookie last year (took home $80 for my troubles), and I'm looking to defend my title. This year is open to more people (20 is the cap and they're expecting about 16) so it'll be a bit different. But that just means more money when I take home my 2nd title. cool

We're also doing a live draft as opposed to online....I'm excited, and have prepared way too much for it (the draft is on the 31st).

So, who does everyone have as their #1?
Who are some sleepers? Flops?
Why would anyone draft someone from the Cleveland Browns? lol
*Insert your own question/comment*

smile

forumcrew
this could maybe just go in the NFL thread but could work as its own, dexx can decide.

Im a big time fantasy fan myself. And doing an offline draft like you are is certianly the most fun way to do it. 16 people WOW thats gonna take some depth in your picks, gotta really know your football to get a qaulity team, should be fun.

My #1 is Alexander all the way. LJ has question marks, New head coach, new offensive coordinator, first time hes ever carried the load all season long, priest is still around and will get the ball some. LT has an issue as well with Rivers taking over the QB role. Until Rivers can win with his arm LT gets 8 in the box all day long and teams play the run only. For these reasons Clinton Portis could be the safest RB pick after Alexander, honestly if i couldnt get alexander id rather just have the 4-5 pick to get portis and get a better second round pick.

I think WR is the biggest ? this yea. Most everyone is gonna say Steve Smith is the #1 guy but im not sold on that. A lot of the usual top guys have big question marks and this may be the trickiest position to draft this year. Ill run down a few things:

Chad Johnson: Carson Palmer destroyed his knee its not known if he will be ready week 1 or how healthy hes gonna be.

TO: he is TO, also Bledsoe really tailed off the later part of the year and theres not another big WR threat in big D (yea yea terry glenn but come on)

Holt: Age going up always an issue, also lost mike martz who loves goin down field all day long. Still playing in a division that gets him AZ, and SF twice and Bulger still should have a good year, so Holt should still but up solid #'s

Randy Moss: New starting QB is Aaron Brooks, one of the worsts QB's ive ever seen. Upside Brooks has a cannon of an arm, downside Brooks football IQ is 0. Maybe a change of scenery will help brooks and he could have a solid year but his decision making skills would of needed to really improve.

Santana Moss: Hard to see him duplicating the exact numbers again like smith. Also this team just has sooo many weapons the #'s are gonna be spread around. Moss, Lloyd, Randle El, Portis, Cooley, plus they like using the FB and HB a lot so who knows how moss will fair.

Chambers: could be the big sleeper WR, now obviously hes not a big sleeper he had a good year last year and hes gonna be a main target this year, but i mean he could very well put up much better #'s then a lot of the guys who will almost definitely go ahead of him. I think Culpepper is gonna have a solid year assuming hes healthy, and I think the dolphins have a solid team. (I feel the same about Ronnie Brown as i do about Chambers)

Maybe ill get into some other positions later.

Smasandian
Larry Johnson.
That guy is a beast. I would take him over Alexander and LT, especially considering he be less money than both.

BobbyD
Originally posted by DigiMark007
So, who does everyone have as their #1?
Who are some sleepers? Flops?
Why would anyone draft someone from the Cleveland Browns? lol
*Insert your own question/comment*

smile

Hmmm....don't usually like to give away my secrets. wink

forumcrew
if your not in the league as them it hardly matters but ok.

Smasandian most legues dont have a $ value. Were not talking about a footbal challenge type of league where everyone picks any players they want that have a certain value to them.

Smasandian
True. But he still going to be a beast, better fantasy stats than Alexander.

forumcrew
maybe, hes got more question marks though so a riskier #1 pick.

Smasandian
Like what?

He might not be as good as last year, but overall Johnson has always been dominate, it was just too bad that he had Priest Holmes on the same team.

This year, unless he gets injured or he seriously sucks ass (highly unlikely), very good chance of being top RB in the league.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by forumcrew
this could maybe just go in the NFL thread but could work as its own, dexx can decide.

Im a big time fantasy fan myself. And doing an offline draft like you are is certianly the most fun way to do it. 16 people WOW thats gonna take some depth in your picks, gotta really know your football to get a qaulity team, should be fun.

My #1 is Alexander all the way. LJ has question marks, New head coach, new offensive coordinator, first time hes ever carried the load all season long, priest is still around and will get the ball some. LT has an issue as well with Rivers taking over the QB role. Until Rivers can win with his arm LT gets 8 in the box all day long and teams play the run only. For these reasons Clinton Portis could be the safest RB pick after Alexander, honestly if i couldnt get alexander id rather just have the 4-5 pick to get portis and get a better second round pick.

I think WR is the biggest ? this yea. Most everyone is gonna say Steve Smith is the #1 guy but im not sold on that. A lot of the usual top guys have big question marks and this may be the trickiest position to draft this year. Ill run down a few things:

Chad Johnson: Carson Palmer destroyed his knee its not known if he will be ready week 1 or how healthy hes gonna be.

TO: he is TO, also Bledsoe really tailed off the later part of the year and theres not another big WR threat in big D (yea yea terry glenn but come on)

Holt: Age going up always an issue, also lost mike martz who loves goin down field all day long. Still playing in a division that gets him AZ, and SF twice and Bulger still should have a good year, so Holt should still but up solid #'s

Randy Moss: New starting QB is Aaron Brooks, one of the worsts QB's ive ever seen. Upside Brooks has a cannon of an arm, downside Brooks football IQ is 0. Maybe a change of scenery will help brooks and he could have a solid year but his decision making skills would of needed to really improve.

Santana Moss: Hard to see him duplicating the exact numbers again like smith. Also this team just has sooo many weapons the #'s are gonna be spread around. Moss, Lloyd, Randle El, Portis, Cooley, plus they like using the FB and HB a lot so who knows how moss will fair.

Chambers: could be the big sleeper WR, now obviously hes not a big sleeper he had a good year last year and hes gonna be a main target this year, but i mean he could very well put up much better #'s then a lot of the guys who will almost definitely go ahead of him. I think Culpepper is gonna have a solid year assuming hes healthy, and I think the dolphins have a solid team. (I feel the same about Ronnie Brown as i do about Chambers)

Maybe ill get into some other positions later.

In general, I agree. I have Alexander at #1 as well. Last year I traded for him and he brought me a championship, and he's just so damn consistent. LJ probably has more potential at this point, but I want to see him prove it one more season.

The #1 receiver is tricky. But I just have a large "Tier 1" for receivers (8 of them) and I'd be happy with any of them. Smith, Owens, Harrison, Holt, Boldin, Fitzgerald, Moss, and Johnson. And yeah, I'm keeping my eye on Chambers too, and hoping to steal him at some point.

And the depth at receiver is sick. After about 20 RBs and QBs, it's a crap-shoot. But I can go 40+ deep in the WRs and feel confident I'll get production out of them.

And I might need to, with my league's size. But I have a draft board of around 200 total (50 RB, 70 WR/TE, 36 QBs, etc.) so I'm excited and hopefully can do well.

My league's kinda weird because we have so many guys. We start:
1 QB
1 RB
1 WR
1 K
1 Def.
1 WR/TE

...thus, there's almost more of a premium on receivers than RBs (contrary to most 2RB leagues). So I'm hoping to grab a bunch of receivers (unless I have an early pick for someone like Alexander, LJ, or LT) and have them carry me most of the way. I'll probably gamble a bit and be weak in QB and RB, but I like to have a solid D earlier than most *coughBearscough*. Then I'll attempt to work the trades and free agency/waivers to improve my QB/RB.

..probably a risk. But we'll see...

Quiero Mota

My league's kinda weird because we have so many guys. We start:
1 QB
1 RB
1 WR
1 K
1 Def.
1 WR/TE

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Jerome Bettis
WR: T.O.
K: Tom Dempsey
Def.: Troy Palomalu
TE: Heath Miller

Smasandian
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

Too bad Jerome Bettis has retired and if he didnt, he's not a very good RB to pick up for fantasy value.

I think defense meant team defense, not an actual player.

Does that list mean what player is the best at that position in terms of fantasy value, or is that player the best in positions?

Fantasy value
I would chose Manning, Larry Johnson, Rackers, Colts, and Gates and Smith.

Overall,
Manning, Alexander, Smith, Bears, and Gates.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Smasandian
Too bad Jerome Bettis has retired and if he didnt, he's not a very good RB to pick up for fantasy value.

I think defense meant team defense, not an actual player.

Does that list mean what player is the best at that position in terms of fantasy value, or is that player the best in positions?

Fantasy value
I would chose Manning, Larry Johnson, Rackers, Colts, and Gates and Smith.

Overall,
Manning, Alexander, Smith, Bears, and Gates.

fantasy wise I like Panthers,Bears, Giants, Seahawks all before Colts. Gates im iffy on because of Rivers starting, but TE is a new or bad QB's best friend.

Also about why i questioned LJ still. I said it earlier but its because a total new system, and i mean total. New head coach and a new offensive coordinator.

that just doesnt make sense

Smasandian
fantasy wise I like Panthers,Bears, Giants, Seahawks all before Colts. Gates im iffy on because of Rivers starting, but TE is a new or bad QB's best friend.

Also about why i questioned LJ still. I said it earlier but its because a total new system, and i mean total. New head coach and a new offensive coordinator.

that just doesnt make sense

Oh, they'res better probably, but the Colts in a league that rewards sacks, INT's and points....the Colts are pretty damn good when it comes down to that, but if its something with yards, then I totally understand.

Yeah, true, but this is Herm Edwards were talking about it, and I cant see him not using LJ to the best of his abilities. I wouldnt be surpraised in LJ gets more yards and TD's.

I know thats crazy talk from that dude, but I wanna know what the list was made for.

DigiMark007
Yeah, the Colts are shifty. They create turnovers and sacks, but occasionally give up a lot of points....they did well for me last year though, so I trust them with an early defense pick (I think I have them 3rd being Carolina dn Chicago).

DigiMark007

Awesome. Want to join my fantasy league??

wink

...and I'm a Steelers fan too, but even if Jerome was around, he hasn't been a top 5 back in a decade, and there's probably a dozen TE's above Miller in terms of fantasy production.

And who's Tom Dempsey? Does he even play?

...if there were individual Defense picks though, Troy might not be a bad choice.

Smasandian
Yeah, the Colts are shifty. They create turnovers and sacks, but occasionally give up a lot of points....they did well for me last year though, so I trust them with an early defense pick (I think I have them 3rd being Carolina dn Chicago).

Oh they do sometimes give some points, but they overall, second in the league last year for points allowed and 4 overall for Turnover differential of +12.

They're definitly up there in terms of fantasy value, and they might be even better this year.

DigiMark007
Oh they do sometimes give some points, but they overall, second in the league last year for points allowed and 4 overall for Turnover differential of +12.

They're definitly up there in terms of fantasy value, and they might be even better this year.

Agreed, but I still want Chicago. They're a freaking force and also playing in (arguably) the weakest division in football. I'm tentatively planning on burning an earlier-than-usual pick on them. I'd consider drafting them as high as round 5 or 6, which is against popular drafting convention in a 12-round format, but I think is worth the risk.

forumcrew
if you have other positions filled taking D kinda high isnt a bad move. D can score as much as a good WR so if your teams solid it makes sense to take a good D. I like Seattle for the same reasons ur picking Indy. Seattle is #1 in sacks, and they added julian peterson which means Sack #'s go up. They also have the #1 red zone D and were top in points allowed, not to mention the garbage division.

I think LJ could get crazy yards, he does have a great shot at a 2,000 yard season (all purpose) problem is he cant block at all, like not even a little. So hes not gonna be outa the game some for that.

DigiMark007
I think LJ could get crazy yards, he does have a great shot at a 2,000 yard season (all purpose) problem is he cant block at all, like not even a little. So hes not gonna be outa the game some for that.

LJ's a wild card. I agree that he has more potential this season for a monster fantasy season than Alexander or even LT. But the consistency of Alexander is just too tempting...LJ may very well be the best fantasy back this season, but I'd be happy with either one (obviously) and I'd rather have Alexander just for the stability factor.

Smasandian
Yeah, it makes sense.

But I dont think LJ isnt going to suck. The only problem LJ has is that Priest Holmes was on the same team. The second year he played, he dominated when giving the chance, same with last year. From starting the season, I think its very possible to get 2000 yards. But then again, that o-line is a beast in the running game, so if they dont stick together or get injured, then definitly see some production drop.

But the same thing could be said about Alexander.

BobbyD
These are some of the dilemmas I'm facing....

confused

Chester Taylor or Kevin Jones?
Chris Simms or John Kitna?
How will Winslow, TE do?...would like projections, ie...45, 500, 5

Anyone's input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

smile

Smasandian
Kevin Jones easily.....Mike Martz running the offense, and they're 3 Wr's, I can see Jones easily doing well.

Kitna...as stated above...

and Winslow...tough choice.....good be a good pick, but it might not be either. I dont know

DigiMark007
Kevin Jones....no question. Chester Taylor is solid as well since he'll be the main guy in Minnesota, but Jones should be the better pick and won't be sharing as many carries as Taylor probably will.

Toss up for the QBs, but I think I have Kitna slightly higher. He has more weapons and experience, and a coach who loves to call pass plays.

As for Winslow, consider the position. At TE, you're really just looking for reasonably solid week-to-week production (unless you have Antonio Gates). He might do well, but it's generally not advisable to take an all-or-nothing type pick with a TE. Take him as a backup if you feel like carrying 2 TEs, but there's no way he should be in your top 10 and worth a starting TE pick. I think I have Kellen 15th on my depth chart, and he shouldn't really be in single digits even if you think he'll play well, simply because of the risk involved.

My own dilemma right now involves Tiki Barber and Clinton Portis if I end up at the 4-5 slot. I'd go with Tiki, but TD's are much more important than yards in my league. And no points per reception. Portis is starting to look like the better bet, especially given Tiki's age and Eli's improvement in NY.

DigiMark007
My own dilemma right now involves Tiki Barber and Clinton Portis if I end up at the 4-5 slot. I'd go with Tiki, but TD's are much more important than yards in my league. And no points per reception. Portis is starting to look like the better bet, especially given Tiki's age and Eli's improvement in NY.

Scratch that. I'm 14th out of 16th in the drafting order. Disappointing, but at least I'll have 2 picks in a relatively short period of time. I'm thinking something like Brian Westbrook/Terrell Owens would be good for the 1st two rounds.

Tiki or Clinton would be a miracle, but even though there's some less-than-brilliant people in my league, I'm not about to get my hopes up.

forumcrew
i fyou get tiki or clinton at 14 quit the league, cause its full of morons and is gonna be boring. Id take Clinton over tiki by the way.

Westbrook? eh i dont like that pick at all, and bundling it with TO is just askign for issues. Thats a lot of risk in your top 2 picks. Both are in what is prolly the best division in football in a long time. Both are on teams with some big questions. I think id rather have Chad Johnson and Ronnie Brown in thsoe spots which also both carry rish but chad is more of a garuntee and i just really like ronnie.

Is brady going really high in everyones leagues?

BobbyD

Digi, does your league reward for receptions? If so, Tiki all the way. Regardless, I expect a HUGE year out of Portis. smile

BobbyD
Another toughie....Jermaine Wiggins or Alex Smith?

confused

botankus
Alex as #2 QB or #3 QB?

BobbyD
Originally posted by botankus
Alex as #2 QB or #3 QB?

The TE, silly. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DigiMark007
i fyou get tiki or clinton at 14 quit the league, cause its full of morons and is gonna be boring. Id take Clinton over tiki by the way.

Westbrook? eh i dont like that pick at all, and bundling it with TO is just askign for issues. Thats a lot of risk in your top 2 picks. Both are in what is prolly the best division in football in a long time. Both are on teams with some big questions. I think id rather have Chad Johnson and Ronnie Brown in thsoe spots which also both carry rish but chad is more of a garuntee and i just really like ronnie.

Is brady going really high in everyones leagues?

If I get Tiki or Portis at #14 it means I'll have an easy $120, so no way I'd quit.

Westbrook is the lone bastion of talent on a stripped-down receiving corps in Phillie, and he just got a new contract and a promise for more carries in the Eagles offense. Everyone and their brother has injury concerns, but Westbrook is one of the few true duel threats in receving and rushing....and he's pretty much a lock for at last 100 total yards a game.

TO's a wild card, but he's a force when he's playing. In a league with 16 people, I have to tak some chances. And beyond that, I have Smith as my #1, so I'm not completely dumb.

And yeah, Brady's #2 in most leagues behind Manning.

botankus
Originally posted by BobbyD
The TE, silly. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh, yeah. For a minute I was thinking, Why is he comparing a TE to a QB? Turns out I was!

On a side note, Tampa Bay has always been a team I've ignored in the past because for some reason I've found them really...really...yawn...boring.

BobbyD
Oh, yeah. For a minute I was thinking, Why is he comparing a TE to a QB? Turns out I was!

On a side note, Tampa Bay has always been a team I've ignored in the past because for some reason I've found them really...really...yawn...boring.

So I guess your answer is Jermaine Wiggins then? confused

Here's another toughie: LJ Smith or Vernon Davis?

botankus
blink Neither.

Why don't you try for a TE that is not named Heap, Gonzalez, Gates, or Shockey. Those four, people jump all over them like they're Jerry Rice or something come Fantasy Football Draft Time.

You can probably get a talented one with the 5-9 picks in the names of Miller, Witten, Clark, or Crumpler.

Okay, okay, so Vernon Davis might actually be an OK pick. Don't forget about Leonard Pope as well.

Smasandian
I have a feeling that Vernon Davis is going to be good this year, and might have a chance at getting Rookie Of The Year for Offensive. Alex Smith is so going to be throwing to him every second play. Hahaha.

I would actually put Whitten in the category with others and take out Gonzalez. With TO in Dallas, I think Whitten will be open alot more.

forumcrew
crumpler actually goes 3rd or 4th in some leagues.

You can prolly get pope or davis in the 12th round or later in a lot of leagues. LJ Smith or heath miller are good for a middle-late round pick.

Mercedes lewis is another young gun with good potential as well.

BobbyD
:Why don't you try for a TE that is not named Heap, Gonzalez, Gates, or Shockey. Those four, people jump all over them like they're Jerry Rice or something come Fantasy Football Draft Time.

I understand what you're getting at Botankus. Making the easy choices though is nothing I sweat over. It's these pesky little picks that make or break your season. Anyone can choose a stud (well, most anyone anyway). There are always surprises in every draft. But, that's why I'm picking everyone's brain here.....because I don't know.

ps LJ Smith could very well surprise. Who the heck is Donovan going to through the ball to downfield (after he looks at option #1 in Westbrook)? Reggie Brown?

botankus
Who the heck is Donovan going to through the ball to downfield

The Side Judge. If he's covered, I'd say the chalk lines.

On a side note, look for Tomlinson and Gates' receiving numbers to explode this year (yes, that's right, I said get even better) because I saw Phillip Rivers play for 4 years out here at NCSU, and he is King Supreme Dump-Off passer.

BobbyD

On a side note, look for Tomlinson and Gates' receiving numbers to explode this year (yes, that's right, I said get even better) because I saw Phillip Rivers play for 4 years out here at NCSU, and he is King Supreme Dump-Off passer.

This is why I'm so baffled as to why I see Donovan McNabb ranked so high this year on many a rankings lists at QB. I don't care what kind of shape I hear he's in. If no one can catch the ball and/or get open, or the team doesn't look offensively predictable, the Eagles will stink, and so will Donovan. Maybe he'll surprise me-I don't know. We'll see. erm

As for the last part, I see it benefitting more LT than Gates. Gates will always draw double coverage, or a combo man/zone. The result is (to me) easy dump offs for LT. But, this is exactly what the Charges don't want. LT has taken a pounding the last couple of years and could be the next Eddie George in a hurry.

BobbyD

This is both comical and half true. laughing out loud

Smasandian
This is why I'm so baffled as to why I see Donovan McNabb ranked so high this year on many a rankings lists at QB. I don't care what kind of shape I hear he's in. If no one can catch the ball and/or get open, or the team doesn't look offensively predictable, the Eagles will stink, and so will Donovan. Maybe he'll surprise me-I don't know. We'll see. erm

As for the last part, I see it benefitting more LT than Gates. Gates will always draw double coverage, or a combo man/zone. The result is (to me) easy dump offs for LT. But, this is exactly what the Charges don't want. LT has taken a pounding the last couple of years and could be the next Eddie George in a hurry.

LT the next Eddie George....hmm no. I cant see that.

Eddie George was slow even before he too the pounding. Atleast LT is still quick and agile. I dont think he is much as a threat as you used to be, but with his skills set, I'm not going to bet on that.

BobbyD
LT the next Eddie George....hmm no. I cant see that.

Eddie George was slow even before he too the pounding. Atleast LT is still quick and agile. I dont think he is much as a threat as you used to be, but with his skills set, I'm not going to bet on that.

Ah yes; they're different backs, Smasandian....with different skill sets. However, age and abuse catches up to EVERYONE regardless of your running style. I agree that Eddie was a more a bruising, run inbetween your tackles type, while LT is more the slasher. The point is that LT has taken a pounding of late. NO ONE can refute that, and that usually means shortening of your career. I did not mean that to say "it will happen this year". The other point (to tie in) was to say the Chargers also realize this so would like to limit his touches, if at all possible.

Smasandian
Your the one who compared them, not me.

I do agree that pounding does take its toll, but bruisers like George break down alot quicker than slashers.

LT will eventually, but it will be when he is around the age of 32-34. So thats around 5 years from now.

But he hasnt really shown that he will break down. His stats are still up there in the 1500's.

BobbyD
Your the one who compared them, not me.

Point well taken. ...was meant more as an analogy than a comparison. wink

DigiMark007
Yeah slahsers have a longer life span. Look at Barry Sanders. No one ever got a clean tackle on him....I bet he had half the damage of most RBs with as many years as him.

Smasandian
Easily.

I think that's why Emitt Smith was something to behold. He was more of an agile player somewhat, but he was a tough guy also. I'm surpraised he lasted that long.

DigiMark007
Yeah, guys like Emmitt or Jerome Bettis are the exceptions...but it doesn't happen often.

botankus
I love the Bus probably more than any other RB in the last 10 years, but when he was backing up Amos Zereoue, Duce Staley, and Willie Parker 3 of the last 4 years of his career, that worked wonders for his bruising body. It was like Old Bussie when he got on the field. I feel pretty confident in saying that his career would have ended after 2004 - no questions asked - if he had started those 3 years with the idea that it would be just him in 2005 (meaning, no Duce, b/c Parker was not expected to start until the regular season opener).

Smasandian
True.

The Bus is one of those stories that people like to hear. I just got kinda of sick of it during the Super Bowl week. It's like hearing about the whole Manning vs Belicheck thing.

But he did really well. Do you think he'll get into the Hall Of Fame?

DigiMark007
True.

The Bus is one of those stories that people like to hear. I just got kinda of sick of it during the Super Bowl week. It's like hearing about the whole Manning vs Belicheck thing.

But he did really well. Do you think he'll get into the Hall Of Fame?

Absolutely. Top 5 all-time in rushing yards, and late in his career he was a touchdown machine. And he goes out on top like that with the Super Bowl win. And in his prime, he was one of the best 3rd and 2 backs ever. Yeah, he'll be in the Hall.

Smasandian
He wasnt really an TD machine. He went over 10 TD's twice in his career and near the end of his career, he was giving the ball near the goaline.

He'll go into the Hall, but I dont think he's first ballot material. I dont think he's automatic.

But I'm not saying he's not great though.

forumcrew
yea if you wanna say hes a TD machine then you have to say TJ Duckette is a TD machine. Neither were really earning them, other guys get them to the goal line and they take their big buts in.

i have a feeling we may need to merge with the NFL thread cause of discussions like this.

DigiMark007
yea if you wanna say hes a TD machine then you have to say TJ Duckette is a TD machine. Neither were really earning them, other guys get them to the goal line and they take their big buts in.

i have a feeling we may need to merge with the NFL thread cause of discussions like this.

Hey, I never said how he was getting his TDs. But I think after working his way to #5 on the alltime rushing list, he earned a few free-bees near the goal line.

wink

And yeah, so fantasy. 14th pick, and my draft is Monday. I'm wondering whether or not I should take Peyton if he's there, or just play it safe and go RB/WR in the first 2 rounds (we only start 1 RB so I won't need 2 that early).

Smasandian
Dont take Peyton, unless your in a rich QB stats league.

I always felt WR's and RB's are much more useful.

botankus
He'll go into the Hall, but I dont think he's first ballot material. I dont think he's automatic.

I think he's 2nd ballot, but I think he'll be in there.

BUT...the NFL loves happy, jolly guys who do a lot for the community, and I'm sure voters can be influenced. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in on the 1st ballot.

Just as an example of what he does, I live in North Carolina and saw him in May at a NBC/Asthma appearance and June at the Willie Parker football camp.

BobbyD
Roy Williams or Donald Driver?

botankus
I would go with Roy Williams. I had him on my FFL team last year, and he was one of my best WR's. Now with a better QB operating the system, they will utilize him even more. All you need to do is get M. Williams & C. Rogers to pick up some of the slack, 'cause Roy can already fight double teams.

Smasandian
Easily Roy Williams.

I do agree with Botankus about Bettis...he might be in at the start because of his character.

BobbyD
I think Driver is the safer pick of the 2 (Favre), while Williams is slightly riskier (Kitna and other WRs who could steal touches), but has the higher ceiling/upside.

botankus
It's hard to steal touches when you have to have the ball hit you square in the numbers for you to be able to catch it. Roy, on the other hand, can leap over defenders and beat the double team. Like the game he single-handedly beat the Saints in last year.

BobbyD
Like the game he single-handedly beat the Saints in last year.

Who didn't single-handedly beat the Saints last year? laughing

Smasandian
I still think Williams will be better, and seriously, using Favre as a reason to pick up an WR is pretty bad. Its Favre, the guys sucks now.

I think Kitna is a good QB, and when he played, he was pretty damn good.

BobbyD
I still think Williams will be better, and seriously, using Favre as a reason to pick up an WR is pretty bad. Its Favre, the guys sucks now.

I think Kitna is a good QB, and when he played, he was pretty damn good.

This may be, Smas. But, that Favre sucks-doesn't matter. This is fantasy, and if the Pack is always behind, they're always going to be "airing it out". erm

Smasandian
Yeah, and look at Favres horrible INT numbers and the Packs lack of running game.

DigiMark007
If you have Driver, Favre's INTs won't hurt you though.

Williams has competition in Detroit. Driver is the solid #1 with no other proven receivers with the Pack.

Yeah, Favre's well past his prime, but Driver will still get anough touches to warrant a receiver pick. Keep in mind, before last season, Favre was still one of the most reliable fantasy QBs out there. So I'd figure on a better season than last year.

I'd go Driver over Williams, but I admit it's close and that I could be wrong.

DigiMark007
The guy in charge of my league confirms that while most of the 16 people are intelligent, knowledgeable, and will make good choices, there's a few morons.

Word has it that someone has Chad Johnson #1 overall and the Steelers D in the top 10 (the league manager saw his draft board), and there's supposedly 1 or 2 other suspect owners. Gotta love people donating their money to the pot for us other owners. lol

...still, time to test myself. Last year was a joke when I won. 12 owners, only about half took it seriously. This will be my first difficult draft.

...details soon...

Smasandian
If you have Driver, Favre's INTs won't hurt you though.

Williams has competition in Detroit. Driver is the solid #1 with no other proven receivers with the Pack.

Yeah, Favre's well past his prime, but Driver will still get anough touches to warrant a receiver pick. Keep in mind, before last season, Favre was still one of the most reliable fantasy QBs out there. So I'd figure on a better season than last year.

I'd go Driver over Williams, but I admit it's close and that I could be wrong.

True, but without an running game, Favre inability to throw the ball will severly affect Driver.
They're isnt any other WR's in the Packers, but couldnt that be a bad thing? It could mean that everybody will be looking out for Driver to catch the ball instead of anybody else.
But the Lions others WR's is suspect. Rogers will probably fail, and Mike Williams might not even play because of bad attendence in the offseason workouts, practicies and mini camp.

Favre is done. Last season wasnt just an bad season, it was Favre showing his age. This season will be just the same, or even worst.

Overall, I think Williams will have a better season with more TD's and the king of passing offense as his coordinator, Mike Martz. I think that will be the difference.

forumcrew
farve actually isnt that bad. He had no help last year at all. They were soooo injury plagued. And they were actually very very close to being a winning team. They had amany games that they lost by tiny margins.

I think im done with a Detroit player untill I see a big turn around there, so id stick with Driver. and they have ahman green, davenport, and gado so they can run the ball some.

about your draft. I highly doubt manning last to 14. Ive been seeing brady go before 14 even (but thats a joke) Depending what it looks like id like a chad johnson/ronnie brown with the snake in those picks. You can always snag someone like hasselbeck in round 3ish although you are gonna go late in round 3 which is when the QB battle generally starts to move.

DigiMark007
Yeah, I'm not expecting to pick Manning.

And I'm still (tentatively) in Favre's camp. I'm a huge fan, but I also think he has at least a little left in the tank. And in my league, INTs don't count as negative points...they're just worth 0 points. Thus, Favre isn't quite the risk he'd be in most leagues....though still probably no better than a solid backup at this point.

Smasandian
Backup atleast.

forumcrew
without the INT penalty Farve moves up. I had Farve last year and the first part of the season he was still a top fantasy option. After about 4-5 games in though i had to make a switch. Luckily i made a nice trade early to get Eli and tossed him into the mix, and really did a sorta QB by comittie. I won the championship with chris simms. Some times I just went with whoever had the weeker D that week. But really WR/RB carried me and was a pretty much stranglehold lock (chad johnson, steve smith, shaun alexander, clinton portis, lamont jordan)

with no INT penalty brooks could be a decent late pickup too. But how does a league not count turnovers against you? are there no negatives for fumbles either?

Quiero Mota
Awesome. Want to join my fantasy league??

wink

...and I'm a Steelers fan too, but even if Jerome was around, he hasn't been a top 5 back in a decade, and there's probably a dozen TE's above Miller in terms of fantasy production.

And who's Tom Dempsey? Does he even play?

...if there were individual Defense picks though, Troy might not be a bad choice.

I'm not a Steelers fan, I just like those individual players.

Bescause I'm from AZ, I'm a Cardinals fan and I'm glad we got the Edge! Orale!

DigiMark007
I'm not a Steelers fan, I just like those individual players.

Bescause I'm from AZ, I'm a Cardinals fan and I'm glad we got the Edge! Orale!

Sweet. If that O-line comes through for you, AZ might actually have a shot this year.

Quiero Mota
AZ might actually have a shot this year.

Lord willing. laughing out loud

Smasandian
Nah, the Cardinals for years have always been that team to break out of thier slump, but they're still the crap of the league.

They might go somewhere this year, but alot is riding on James. If he gets injured or doesnt play like he did for the Colts (very good chance he might not be that good), they're done.

forumcrew
steve smith has a hammy issue so peeps might wanna rething taking him at the 6-9 spot. (although it appears to be a minor thing)

DigiMark007
steve smith has a hammy issue so peeps might wanna rething taking him at the 6-9 spot. (although it appears to be a minor thing)

It appears minor by all accounts. Chances are he'll be starting the preseason at 100%. I'm not worried. If he falls to me, I'll still be elated.

Though 6-9 seems a touch high for a WR in nearly any league (unless it stresses the WR position). Peyton's the only one besides solid RBs that makes his way into the top 12 or so in most drafts.

Dr. Zaius
The big get is Larry Johnson...big time. LT and Alexander will both have solid but lesser seasons that LJ. Portis could actually be better than both of them this year. Watch out for Edge in Arizona.

Sleeper running backs are Joe Addai in Indy and Lendale White at Tennessee. Addai will be the clear starter by game 2 or 3. Since Chris Brown will also be out for the season with an injury at this point, Lendale White is also a near can't miss. If you run an auction league, these are both guys worth gambling on because you can get them cheap and top running backs will go at a premium.

Wide receiver is wide open. Again, if you're running an auction, stay away from the following if they stay at suggested auction prices: Steve Smith, Marvin Harrison, and Larry Fitzgerald/Boldin. None are likely to rate the price. Owens and Chad Johnson are the only high priced guys I'd be willing to take a chance on. Moss is too risky this year with Aaron Brooks QBing. Best advice. Wait to get bargain guys in later rounds who have upside and are likely to produce solid numbers regardless: Joey Galloway, Hines Ward, Donald Driver, Chris Chambers, etc...

At QB, don't chase Manning unless you can get him for considerably less than the suggested $20 price. For half that amount you can get Carson Palmer, who's equally likely to tear it up. For even less, you can get Delhomme or Brady. Manning is not twice as good as any of these guys. Not even close. Payton's 2004 numbers won't likely happen again, even with Edge's absence this year.

Super sleeper pick: Bledsoe in Dallas. With Owens in town, he could go nuts. These are my preliminary thoughts on the upcoming fantasy football season. Auction's only 4 weeks away now. Sweet Jesus, Yes!

botankus
Who are the proven receivers in Detroit?

botankus
Who are the proven receivers in Detroit? Scotty Vines?

Dr. Zaius
Sweet. If that O-line comes through for you, AZ might actually have a shot this year.

Arizona could surprise alot of people this year. With Edge, they should be much improved. Plus, they're still in the NFL's weakest division. O-line performance is key.

botankus
I went on Stubhub just for fun and looked at Arizona Cardinals tickets since they got their new stadium. Last year, they were selling for $12 bucks. This year they're up to $22.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
Arizona could surprise alot of people this year. With Edge, they should be much improved. Plus, they're still in the NFL's weakest division. O-line performance is key.

um that would be the NFC North. Seattle is good enough to make the west better than the north alone. But add the rams and they are definitly better than the north.

DigiMark007
Draft summary:

Most of the people present were knowledgable. A few idiots though. Chad Johnson went #2 overall, and Tony Goinzalez was gone in the first round. But otherwise, it went pretty normally. I like my starters....2nd half of the draft started to fall apart some though. Whoever I was planning on always ended up going 1 or 2 picks before me.

16 teams. I drafted 14th in the order.

We started:
1 QB
1 RB
1 WR
1 K
1 Def.
1 Wr/TE

...only 1 RB starting...WRs were more of a premium than usual. I still ended up with 4 RBs, but I had everything else covered and was basically just drafting the best players by the end...a few decent RBs ended up falling.

In order of draft:
Carnell Williams
Marvin Harrison
Joey Galloway
Drew Bledsoe
Tatum Bell
Seahawks D
Eddie Kennison
Brad Johnson
Dominic Rhodes
Jeff Wilkins
Samie Parker
T.J. Duckett

Starters:
Bledsoe
Williams
Harrison/Galloway
Wilkins
Seahawks

I'm excited about Marvin and Joey starting weekly. A few of the backups need some work (I almost had Favre and Ernest Wilford late) but I'm happy. Without a monster from the top 5 or 6 picks (not to mention 16 teams), it's about as good as I was going to do. And my first 3 opponents look like wins.

If my starters hold up, I should do alright. Nearly everyone else had a mental lapse or two in the first half of the draft, so even without a top-5 stud, I have a much more solid, rounded team than most do in my league.

BobbyD
Draft summary:

In order of draft:
Carnell Williams
Marvin Harrison
Joey Galloway
Drew Bledsoe
Tatum Bell
Seahawks D
Eddie Kennison
Brad Johnson
Dominic Rhodes
Jeff Wilkins
Samie Parker
T.J. Duckett

Starters:
Bledsoe
Williams
Harrison/Galloway
Wilkins
Seahawks

Not bad. In fact, I think Bledsoe is going to have a huge year. I think you reached for the Seattle D, unless there happened to be a D run. All, in all a solid, blue-collar, productive team, if boring. wink

forumcrew
Bledsoe worries me a lot. Hes getting older and older and has been sacked more than a sack of potatotes. (ok bad joke)

THe end of the year he was going worse then the start of the year as well. Here are his averages for the last 7 weeks/games of the year last year.

Comp % = 55.4
TD's per game = 1.2
INT's per game = 1.4
QB rating = 70

Take out his 1 real good game in that span and it goes to this:
(6 of his last 7 games)

Comp % = 53.8
TD's per game = 1.0
INT's per game = 1.6
QB rating = 60.6

And seattles D is no reach. They lead the league in sacks and redzone D. Plus they just added julian peterson. And they play in the NFC west. THey are an easy top 5 D

DigiMark007
Not bad. In fact, I think Bledsoe is going to have a huge year. I think you reached for the Seattle D, unless there happened to be a D run. All, in all a solid, blue-collar, productive team, if boring. wink

My thoughts exactly. My team bores me a bit...but it'll probably bore me to a winning record, looking at my competition.

But everything was thin with 16 teams drafting, so yeah Bledsoe obviously wasn't my first choice (he was something like 10th on my board). But he's solid, and T.O. has a way of ressurecting fantasy QBs. And yes there was a run on D's early....not the most draft-savvy bunch, and I wanted a top 5 D. I figured I could get Chicago in round 6-7, but when my top 4 were gone by the end of round 5, I panicked and splurged on Seattle.

And I'm already trying to work trades. Most won't be suckered into a horrible trade for them, but I'm usually good at improving my team slowly via trades (backups mostly, but I like having backups solid enough to give me options on who to start if a guy is slumping or playing a rough defense).

botankus
um that would be the NFC North. Seattle is good enough to make the west better than the north alone. But add the rams and they are definitly better than the north.
Our Region 8-AAAA high school teams are better than the NFC North. I heard Green Bay is down to their third-string Tackle already.

Dr. Zaius
Our Region 8-AAAA high school teams are better than the NFC North. I heard Green Bay is down to their third-string Tackle already.

I stand corrected. NFC North is the worst.

BobbyD
And seattles D is no reach.

..was referring to when he drafted them, not what he drafted, silly. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Smasandian
Bledsoe worries me a lot. Hes getting older and older and has been sacked more than a sack of potatotes. (ok bad joke)

THe end of the year he was going worse then the start of the year as well. Here are his averages for the last 7 weeks/games of the year last year.

Comp % = 55.4
TD's per game = 1.2
INT's per game = 1.4
QB rating = 70

Take out his 1 real good game in that span and it goes to this:
(6 of his last 7 games)

Comp % = 53.8
TD's per game = 1.0
INT's per game = 1.6
QB rating = 60.6

And seattles D is no reach. They lead the league in sacks and redzone D. Plus they just added julian peterson. And they play in the NFC west. THey are an easy top 5 D

That decrease in value wont happen if the offensive line doesnt lose thier best player. That's why he got sacked alot.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
O-line performance is key.

Exactly. And the Cards' O-line suck at making gaps.

DigiMark007
Somewhat pissed:

Our league manager is a nice guy. Too nice. And he let a couple people talk him into an unfair decision.

Our league started:
1 QB
1 RB
1 WR
1 K
1 D
1 WR/TE

...only 1 RB, so WRs were in high demand. We had our draft with this assumption. Many just showed up and drafted random good players, but I (and some others) prepared and were forming our draft strategy based on these starters.

Then he changes it, AFTER the draft.

Similar, but enough to perturb me:

1 QB
2 RB/WR
1 K
1 D
1 WR/TE

...almost the same, but now 2 RBs can start. The idea was to create more flex positions, so there's more possible starting combinations. In theory, it makes things more interesting....and would have been fine if it was announced prior to the draft.

I like Tatum Bell. He's a decent back-up and will fill in ok. But with this new setup, I definitely would have drafted a 2nd RB sooner (I got Bell in round 5) and it makes my 3rd and 4th WRs seem obsolete.

Needless to say, a few other teams benefitted greatly from this.

Our draft was amazingly professional....the league manager did a great job running it efficiently and impressively. And then he ruins it with a bush-league move like this.

My team will be fine, but it's just frustrating to feel like a lot of work I put in on my draft boards was for nothing.

...end rant.
erm

DigiMark007
...nope, not done. Sorry, but I can't vent anywhere else.

We now have "bonuses" for certain stat markers (300 yards passing for the QB in a game, 200 receiving or rushing, etc.).

And who does this benefit? The early picks, the people who have the studs. Theoretically, everything evens out in a draft, but with these bonuses it weighs it more toward people with, say, a top 5 pick. I picked 14th. no expression

Also, 8 teams go to the playoffs. And 1st-through-3rd receive prize money. No problem there. But 3rd place isn't determined by a game between losers in the semis. 3rd is determined by a bracket that takes place between the 8 teams that didn't make the playoffs.

So the true 3rd place gets nothing....whereas someone could go 0-14 and make a little money if they go on a playoff run.

... *sighs*

If I didn't think I could still pull this thing out and do well in this league, I'd consider asking for my $10 back and pulling out. I feel cheated by these biased rule changes (I've left notes in my league, but they go largely unnoticed).

ok...done ranting again, hopefully for good this time.

forumcrew
Tatum bell? use Rhodes hes gonna start. As of now Ron Dayne is the favorite to be the #1 in denver, and they are rumored to be in talks to get THomas Jones from the bears so i wouldnt count on much from tatum. On that same note on the bears. Is Cedric Benson a FA by any chance? if so grab him it looks like hes gonna be the main man in chicago this year.

but changing any settings like that post draft is total BS. it still so early really a redraft should be done. Ive also never heard of a RB/WR position that just takes WR out of the game pretty much because RB generally is more fruitfull. if they just added say a second starting WR it wouldnt be so bad, but thats a retarded change and a poor comishing job.

BobbyD
Tatum bell? use Rhodes hes gonna start. As of now Ron Dayne is the favorite to be the #1 in denver, and they are rumored to be in talks to get THomas Jones from the bears so i wouldnt count on much from tatum. On that same note on the bears. Is Cedric Benson a FA by any chance? if so grab him it looks like hes gonna be the main man in chicago this year.

but changing any settings like that post draft is total BS.

-cosigned

Our league would have hung your manager, and not by his neck either. stick out tongue

BobbyD

ps Bonuses are BS too. The individual player is already having a great day, and getting his points for it. Why should he receive more? There's no logic for it.

DigiMark007

Even more unsettling, but thanks for the info. But at this point, Cadillac's my only starting RB anyway. Marvin and Joey Galloway seem to be better choices than any of my RB options.

In any case, I'm creating a fuss in the league....hopefully my cause picks up some steam.

ps Bonuses are BS too. The individual player is already having a great day, and getting his points for it. Why should he receive more? There's no logic for it.

co-signed. It'll already be rough to beat someone like that, and this will just make it impossible. And my solid-but-not-exciting team isn't really in the running to get too many of these bonuses.

BobbyD
Word is that Ron Dayne was officially named the starter, not to rain on your parade, Digi. But, this opens up an intriguing dilemma for me.....

Cedric Benson or Ron Dayne? ...funny thing is Thomas Jones could be starting ahead of one of them sometime this season.

DigiMark007
not to rain on your parade, Digi.

It's ok. I've already been rained on enough to soak me...a few more drops don't mean anything. erm

And I'd go with Benson. You know Chicago will run the ball and Beson is the starter, and Denver usually does a RB-by-committee, even if 1 back is designated as the starter.

forumcrew
Benson, Tatum will still get the ball in denver, and if Benson is really gonna start they will deal Jones to get a WR

Smasandian
Benson, Tatum will still get the ball in denver, and if Benson is really gonna start they will deal Jones to get a WR

Yeah, I can see that happening.

BobbyD
Yeah, I can see that happening.

I'm excited....being the Chicagoan I am. smile

botankus
Jones may go to NYJ, considering Martin may not play this year and no proven players behind him.

forumcrew
jets would need some talent to deal in return though and who would that be?

also Cedric Houston has some potential.

BobbyD
jets would need some talent to deal in return though and who would that be?

also Cedric Houston has some potential.

We'll glady take Vilma? stick out tongue

botankus
Or considering the original topic was Bears WR's, how about Coles?

BobbyD
Or considering the original topic was Bears WR's, how about Coles?

Sadly, since Payton retired, the Bears don't know what it means to move the chains. Coles would be a waste of talent here. They rely on their defense to create favorable field position. ...very trying as a fan.

Smasandian
But Coles is perfect to move the chains...he isnt the burner he was, he's a possession reciever.

But the Jet's wont give up Coles, because after that, they have nonbody.

DigiMark007
Need a little advice:

I'm looking to deal Tatum Bell to someone, in the hopes that not everyone knows he's backup to Dayne right now. I've already offered trades for Corey Dilln and D. Davis...which seemed to be the best I might conceivably get for Bell.

But, assuming those fall through, here are my other options that I'm interested in:

In this order:
C. Benson
F. Taylor
J. Jones
K. Jones
F. Gore
W. Parker
J. Lewis
R. Droughns
R. Dayne
A. Green

Is there anyone on the list that should be higher? Lower? Someone I forgot? Or someone that shouldn't be there?

Generally I'm just looking for input, since they all seem roughly the same to me, and I don't know which ones would be the best deal for Bell.

forumcrew
Need a little advice:

I'm looking to deal Tatum Bell to someone, in the hopes that not everyone knows he's backup to Dayne right now. I've already offered trades for Corey Dilln and D. Davis...which seemed to be the best I might conceivably get for Bell.

But, assuming those fall through, here are my other options that I'm interested in:

In this order:
C. Benson
F. Taylor
J. Jones
K. Jones
F. Gore
W. Parker
J. Lewis
R. Droughns
R. Dayne
A. Green

Id honestly take pretty much anyone for bell cause i cant see him ever being worth a fantasy start.

Someone would be crazy to give you dillon or Davis for Dane, even if Dane was the #1 in denver.

Fred Taylor.. hes pretty much a garunteed injury every year now. And Greg Jones has showed he can be a beast backing him up.

Out of people i actually think youd have a shot at getting and have a decent situation id target Droughns, Benson, Lewis, Jones pretty much in that order. Also maybe try getting Deangelo williams you may even be able to upgrade another position like give Tatum and a WR for williams and a slightly better WR, that is if they think tatum is gonna start. But if you need a garunteed started at week 1 this would be a risky move.

BobbyD
Id honestly take pretty much anyone for bell cause i cant see him ever being worth a fantasy start.

Someone would be crazy to give you dillon or Davis for Dane, even if Dane was the #1 in denver.

Fred Taylor.. hes pretty much a garunteed injury every year now. And Greg Jones has showed he can be a beast backing him up.

Out of people i actually think youd have a shot at getting and have a decent situation id target Droughns, Benson, Lewis, Jones pretty much in that order. Also maybe try getting Deangelo williams you may even be able to upgrade another position like give Tatum and a WR for williams and a slightly better WR, that is if they think tatum is gonna start. But if you need a garunteed started at week 1 this would be a risky move.

-cosigned (for the most part)

DigiMark007
Thanks guys.

I'm not looking for Tatum to start. But I'll need someone to fill in on bye weeks, and he's my best option right now (maybe eddie kennison too). So I'm looking to upgrade my bench. Not completely imperitive, but it would help.

Anyway, I'll keep those things in mind, especially the injury stuff.

BuzzKiller
Need a little advice:

In this order:
C. Benson
F. Taylor
J. Jones
K. Jones
F. Gore
W. Parker
J. Lewis
R. Droughns
R. Dayne
A. Green

Is there anyone on the list that should be higher? Lower? Someone I forgot? Or someone that shouldn't be there?

Generally I'm just looking for input, since they all seem roughly the same to me, and I don't know which ones would be the best deal for Bell.

i would definitely try to get droughns, parker,k jones and benson are possible studs, tj duckett is a td machine at times, nobody else comes to mind at the time but those could help.

DigiMark007
Good news: I got our league switched back to the original roster settings. The post-draft change was annoying to say the least, and now things are back to normal and I have one of the stronger teams again.

Still trying to deal Bell. No one wants to bite.

forumcrew
call me crazy, but it sounds to me like we have enough people here to have a small league of our own if a draft time could be agreed upon. Or we could even do it as an offline draft totaly on here over a few days if a live time couldnt be agreed upon.

I figure Myself, Digi, Smasandian, BobbyD, and Botankus atleast and then if at least 1 more for an even 6 or maybe even get up to 8 with some of the other football guys.

Lemme know if your up for it i think it could be fun

botankus
I'd be up for it. Maybe an afternoon/early evening draft (EST)?

BobbyD
call me crazy, but it sounds to me like we have enough people here to have a small league of our own if a draft time could be agreed upon. Or we could even do it as an offline draft totaly on here over a few days if a live time couldnt be agreed upon.

I figure Myself, Digi, Smasandian, BobbyD, and Botankus atleast and then if at least 1 more for an even 6 or maybe even get up to 8 with some of the other football guys.

Lemme know if your up for it i think it could be fun

Forum, I wouldn't mind if I could do it at an agreed upon time.

...sounds like fun. But, my only intentions would be to sharpen my drafting skills in anticipation of my upcoming draft. Keep me posted....

BobbyD
psst....hey guys, rumor out of Cleveland is that Braylon Edwards COULD be ready for the season opener. Worth a flyer?

botankus
It's worth flushing the city down the toilet with his teammates and their fans.

So BobbyD, you up for this fantasy league?

BobbyD
I don't want to be in it, if you guys hope to make this competitive/serious. I'm not your kind of entrant then. Botox ( laughing out loud )....er um, I mean Botankus....I'm only in it if to really hone sharpne my drafting skills.

....really sorry guys if I'm being a stinker. But, you're all big boys-you can handle it.

botankus
What does hone sharpen my drafting skills mean? Have you never played Fantasy Football, or are you a seasoned veteran? Not really sure from that statement.

DigiMark007
I don't want to be in it, if you guys hope to make this competitive/serious. I'm not your kind of entrant then. Botox ( laughing out loud )....er um, I mean Botankus....I'm only in it if to really hone sharpne my drafting skills.

....really sorry guys if I'm being a stinker. But, you're all big boys-you can handle it.

Pfft! It's not like it would be for money.

BobbyD
What does hone sharpen my drafting skills mean? Have you never played Fantasy Football, or are you a seasoned veteran? Not really sure from that statement.

In other words, I'd just be looking to gauge where players were chosen in drafts. ESPN does this...where people can hop online and have a draft just for the heck of it, but not be in a league. Follow what I'm getting at?

...yes, have played fantasy football...many times.

BobbyD
Pfft! It's not like it would be for money.

Digi, I wouldn't have the time to manage my team...with being in 2 other leagues, and playing ice hockey as well. I just don't have the availability. Doesn't help that I'm getting married this winter either...so much to plan an do. ...can't stretch myself beyond my means. sad

DigiMark007
Digi, I wouldn't have the time to manage my team...with being in 2 other leagues, and playing ice hockey as well. I just don't have the availability. Doesn't help that I'm getting married this winter either...so much to plan an do. ...can't stretch myself beyond my means. sad

Fair enough. And congrats with the marriage.

I'm all for it, however, because I've requested my money back from my league manager. It seems every other interested team wants the changes I opposed (the ones that were implemented post-draft and that would considerably hurt my team and others).

Not sure whether or not the changes will happen, but at this point I've been turned into the villian of the group for trying to fight for a fair resolution to it. It's just not fun anymore, and feels like a chore. And if the changes happen (which seems likely) I'll have been lied to and will have less of a chance of actually winning anything.

...so this would be my only league.

And heck, they got 12 guys for a fantasy soccer league. If we do any recruiting at all I'm sure we can make a full league.

BobbyD
Not sure whether or not the changes will happen, but at this point I've been turned into the villian of the group for trying to fight for a fair resolution to it.

Villian? Stand up, and take a bow. You're a hero in my book. Lucky for your league I'm not in it. I'd cause a coup. wink

botankus
Doesn't help that I'm getting married this winter either...sad
So your new bride will be Mrs. D? Congrats.

DigiMark007
Villian? Stand up, and take a bow. You're a hero in my book. Lucky for your league I'm not in it. I'd cause a coup. wink

Thanks. smile

I was honestly shocked that no one took my side (except the league manager, only because he didn't want to make anyone angry...though it was him that initially instituted the changes). But after all this, I'm just fed up with it and it's not really worth my time. The rest of the league wants more starting options to "increase strategy" so they're basically drowning me out.

A shame, really. Keep the original settings and it's clear I have one of the better teams....maybe that's why I'm not getting any support. I was looking forward to hopefully winning some money, but I'd rather pull out and just enjoy the season than be frustrated with the league.

BobbyD
I was looking forward to hopefully winning some money, but I'd rather pull out and just enjoy the season than be frustrated with the league.

...tis a much more enjoyable season that way. wink

You can always try an online league on Sporting News, or Yahoo or ESPN for no earnings, but bragging rights. There are still hundreds of national challenges everywhere where you can play for money if you felt you needed that aspect to compete.

Life is not over, Digi. You're in a win-win if you bow out.

Smasandian
I'll do it.

We tried it last year with Forum, but it didnt work out.... but I could do it this year, but I never played fantasy (aside from the salary earned one), but I'll give it a shot. I could do the draft later on in the night.

DigiMark007
I don't need money involved to compete, but generally everyone else takes it more seriously if there's money, so I enjoy the challenge more than when it's just for bragging rights and experience.

forumcrew
ok well ill make one and we can see how many we can get.

everyone whos interested drop your e-mail

BobbyD
WEAH!! I can't play.

baby

BobbyD
On a side note....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2542300

Smasandian
I'll do it if money isnt involve.

forumcrew
yea wasnt plannin on havin money involved

and that mike bell news is weird as hell, hes not even an eligable player in yahoo leagues.

can you guys join just by going here

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=162786

if not ill need e-mails to send the invite

BobbyD
You can only choose 1 of the following (for fantasy purposes):

TJ Houzmanzadeh, CIN
Andre Johnson, HOU
Lavaranues Coles, NYJ

DigiMark007
You can only choose 1 of the following (for fantasy purposes):

TJ Houzmanzadeh, CIN
Andre Johnson, HOU
Lavaranues Coles, NYJ

Questions in Cincy and NY. Not that Johnson is a lock, but I think he'll have the most solid season. Housh is never a bad option either, even if Palmer isn't 100%. But the Jets are in such offensive disarray that I'd stay away if I were you.

Smasandian
So we're doing this league thing?

forumcrew
i think were gonna try, i know i want to.

TJ pretty easily i think.

Smasandian
heck, if it doesnt work out, then whatever....its not like its our webspace

BuzzKiller
i would love to be involved in the league if all of you are going to do it. if there is still room let me know. if i am invited i would really enjoy getting involved.

Smasandian
Oh, they'res room

BuzzKiller
cool. you all seem like very knowledgeable and cool guys. this should be fun.

DigiMark007
i think were gonna try, i know i want to.

TJ pretty easily i think.

Hmm. Yeah, I'll agree. I think Johnson will bounce back (Andre) after a sub-par outing last season, so I'd take a chance there, but Housh is always solid, and as good a #2 receiver as you'll find on an NFL team. I'm just worried about when Palmer goes down and some no-name is starting.

And the drama train continues...
Looks like I'm still in my league with the original settings. Feathers have been ruffled, but apologies went around for whatever comments we made, and I'm hoping just to have the season now.

Oh, and I'll join our league too. cool

DigiMark007
Hrm...how do I join from that page? I can't find a button that lets me join or create my team or anything.

forumcrew
yea i wasnt sure if you could join from there or not. Just post your e-mail here or PM it to me if you dont want it public knowledge and i can send the invite.

BobbyD
Can anyone shed some light on the Deion Branch situation? Also, what is NE's kicking situation?

DigiMark007
Can anyone shed some light on the Deion Branch situation? Also, what is NE's kicking situation?

Martin Gramatica for the 2nd question. I'd stay away temporarily unless no one else is around at kicker. As for Branch, not sure.

Smasandian
Come on guys, need more people to join and when is the draft?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>