why do gurls try to be like guys ???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skipping_gurl
i dont understand why girls try and act like guys.. gurls are ment to b like all about there hair n make up n stuff... but then u get these dogs who like think there guys ... and do nothing to them selfs... whats with that ???

SelphieT
..........I've always been a tomboy.....but thats because when I was little I liked my dad more than my mom.

Opaleye92
Originally posted by skipping_gurl
i dont understand why girls try and act like guys.. gurls are ment to b like all about there hair n make up n stuff... but then u get these dogs who like think there guys ... and do nothing to them selfs... whats with that ???

i believe everyone should be who they want to be big grin

skipping_gurl
yeah i think that too.. but like sum gurls are just so hard.. n that .. like guys .. why ??

SelphieT
yeah i think that too.. but like sum gurls are just so hard.. n that .. like guys .. why ??

.......what are you trying to say?

Flamboyant4Life
I actually agree with you somewhat. Like the new "girls wearing boxers" fad. I hate that.

Lana
Why do girls need to care about stuff like hair and makeup?

Waste of time, I think. I'd rather care about more important things.

Itzak
It's because we're too damn cool! scissors

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Flamboyant4Life
I actually agree with you somewhat. Like the new "girls wearing boxers" fad. I hate that.

Girls wearing boxers is kinda hot...

Shelbert Lemon
girls who dont wear make up are trying to be like guys?....so do guys who wear makeup like eyeliner are trying to be girls? erm

I do my hair, thats personal hygiene... I dont need to powder my nose and paint my lips though in order to be a girl.

Flamboyant4Life
Originally posted by LanceWindu

I disagree. I'd rather them wear thongs. erm

Mišt
Originally posted by Lana
Why do girls need to care about stuff like hair and makeup?

Waste of time, I think. I'd rather care about more important things.

Yep, a chick who spends 4 hours in the bathroom getting ready to go out to a 2 hour event is really trying too hard....and then they just end up looking all slutty and crap.

Especially if they're minedroolio

SelphieT
I'll put on make up, but not all the time. I can't stand girls who can't leave the house without straightening their hair + putting on make up

Lana

Shelbert Lemon
Not to mention, if you dont need it then why waste the hideous amount of money on the products only to clog your pores. No thank you.

SelphieT
I never wear makeup.

And when I do, I do it so it looks like I'm not really wearing any.

I think it's just a waste of time. I don't need it to look good, so why bother?

yeah, I try to make my make up look natural. Its the best way to go smile

LanceWindu
I disagree. I'd rather them wear thongs. erm

Thongs are a bit too slutty for my tastes. Not saying women who wear them are...but I prefer women in lacy panties.

Lana
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
Not to mention, if you dont need it then why waste the hideous amount of money on the products only to clog your pores. No thank you.

Yep...I have some coverup, eyeliner, and lipgloss, and that's about it. I don't need it, don't wear it, and thus don't waste my money on it.

Same with my hair -- I don't put stuff like hairspray in it or blowdry it, as that totally wrecks it, nor do I ever bother to do anything with it. So long as it's combed and out of my face I couldn't care less.

Thongs are a bit too slutty for my tastes. Not saying women who wear them are...but I prefer women in lacy panties.

Hey, I like thongs stick out tongue lace is good too. And of course, lacy thongs are great.

SelphieT

yeah, lacy undies feel gooooooood

NińoArańa
girls in boxers or lacy undies

droolio
droolio

Shelbert Lemon
Yep...I have some coverup, eyeliner, and lipgloss, and that's about it. I don't need it, don't wear it, and thus don't waste my money on it.

Same with my hair -- I don't put stuff like hairspray in it or blowdry it, as that totally wrecks it, nor do I ever bother to do anything with it. So long as it's combed and out of my face I couldn't care less.

I have concealer, mascara and lip glass. It works for me... very little.

Hair I use moose and hairspray... thats to tame my curls some.

natashia
what makes a girl
what makes a woman
(besides the obivous-having the right body parts-)
Whats in her heart how does she treat others.
is she loved by a good man.
is she good to those aroud her.
her heart
that is what makes a girl
that is what makes a woman
compassion nurturing loving kind
who cares about the small stuff.

SelphieT

Lana
Originally posted by Shelbert Lemon
I have concealer, mascara and lip glass. It works for me... very little.

Hair I use moose and hairspray... thats to tame my curls some.

My hair's mostly straight, so it's easy to control.

I just really don't like how hairspray and mousse and that stuff makes my hair feel.

Barker
We know you're friend is a lesbian already; Go away.

NińoArańa
Originally posted by SelphieT
I've actually never bought boxers.......

wear some, they're breezy laughing

sexy alsoshifty

SelphieT

Osaka

This is a joke laughing out loud

Lana
Originally posted by Barker
We know you're friend is a lesbian already; Go away.

Lesbians are cool whistling

LanceWindu
hahaha okay, I'll have to try that sometime then laughing out loud

Go to the store now, then come back and model them...

Barker
Lesbians are cool whistling
Attractive ones. yes

... That don't use makeup.ermm

Punkyhermy
wtf?

I've NEVER been a tom boy or a 'hair and make up' person. Both are insufficient, imature state of minds.

I'm just me in all my female-ness. stick out tongue

Lana
Originally posted by Barker
Attractive ones. yes

... That don't use makeup.ermm

I must say I am a fan of the natural look yes

SelphieT
Go to the store now, then come back and model them...

hahahaha, I'm okay mah dear

natashia
wow
i think they just want to flirt with eachother.

Opaleye92
Originally posted by natashia
what makes a girl
what makes a woman
(besides the obivous-having the right body parts-)
Whats in her heart how does she treat others.
is she loved by a good man.
is she good to those aroud her.
her heart
that is what makes a girl
that is what makes a woman
compassion nurturing loving kind
who cares about the small stuff.

yes

FG725
thongs look painful

Lana
Originally posted by FG725
thongs look painful

They really aren't.

They take some getting used to but can be surprisingly comfortable.

silver_tears
I'll put on make up, but not all the time. I can't stand girls who can't leave the house without straightening their hair + putting on make up

I dunno, there's something empowering about taking the extra time with and going big, like the body lotion, perfect hair, smoky eyes, seductive perfume, it makes me personally feel really sexy.

That being said to each their own, girls wanna wear sweat pants and baseball hats, power to them, not everyone feel comfortable in makeup, not everyone needs it, and more importantly not everyone looks good in it. You do what you know.

silver_tears

Agreed, imo nothing feels nicer against the body, it's like water running down your skin really.
Although cotton panties are super comfy sometimes, the cute ones, not like huge granny panties haha

Bun Bun
I've been some sort of a tomboy forever.

I am like super close to my brother and thats prolly why..

I think girls tend to get like that if they hang with more guys and gals. Or they're just like that.. can't hate them for it. It is just how they are yes

silver_tears
I don't really think it's environment, imo it's personal choice, or it was for me, I used to be a tomboy, hung out with my brother who's older by 3 years and all his friends, and then I hit like 12-13 and even though my friends were and still are mostly guys I've strayed from that towards the girly. But it was a personal choice.

Osaka
Why are girls who think of things other than makeup or hair they are a tomboy?

Punkyhermy
Originally posted by Osaka
Why are girls who think of things other than makeup or hair they are a tomboy?

They're not necessarily.

silver_tears
I don't think so, but just because you care about your appearance and make the effort doesn't make you an less intelligent then someone who throws on a touch of mascara and out the door. And it doesn't make you less attractive because you wear makeup.

Some people don't need it true, but some people who don't use it in the slightest might see a world of difference if they did big grin

$noopbert
I really think she means like the girls that are 'badasses' and think they can take anyone in a fight.

SpadeKing
i dont understand why girls try and act like guys.. gurls are ment to b like all about there hair n make up n stuff... but then u get these dogs who like think there guys ... and do nothing to them selfs... whats with that ??? [

the answer is a question

why do guys try to be like girls?

silver_tears
Knowing her I doubt it. I think she means any girl that's not wearing torn up Roxy no expression

silver_tears
Originally posted by SpadeKing

How do you figure?

$noopbert
Originally posted by silver_tears
How do you figure? He was being a smartass. tongue12

Mišt
How do you figure?

Think stereotypical emosermm Its only for attention/trying to get with a girl..

Cpt.Morgan
i think that most girls that like makeup and stuff liek that only do it because they think guys like it.

silver_tears

$noopbert
Ha as if. Makeup for first and foremost was a guy thing so that's a misconception. Kings, dukes, actors, men used to wear it all the time before even women so it's women trying to be like men stick out tongue

And the clothing, just cause it's tight doesn't mean it's not guys' clothing. It's not for guys if it is too tight on the groin.

Mišt
Ha as if. Makeup for first and foremost was a guy thing so that's a misconception. Kings, dukes, actors, men used to wear it all the time before even women so it's women trying to be like men stick out tongue

And the clothing, just cause it's tight doesn't mean it's not guys' clothing.

Shut up Ms Smarty Pants miffed My point is made, its only for attentionmhm

Wolflet
Boxers are comfy and good to sleep in happy

silver_tears
Originally posted by $noopbert
It's not for guys if it is too tight on the groin.

Well they're only really hurting themselves laughing out loud

Lana
I dunno, there's something empowering about taking the extra time with and going big, like the body lotion, perfect hair, smoky eyes, seductive perfume, it makes me personally feel really sexy.

That being said to each their own, girls wanna wear sweat pants and baseball hats, power to them, not everyone feel comfortable in makeup, not everyone needs it, and more importantly not everyone looks good in it. You do what you know.

See, I don't see it as empowering in the least...I see it as bowing to society's standards of beauty.

SpadeKing

ITS BECAUSE THEY WANT TO BE THE OPPOSITE SEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad schmoll

silver_tears
See, I don't see it as empowering in the least...I see it as bowing to society's standards of beauty.

Perhaps, but I figure each woman has her own look that she feels sexiest in so it's not really bowing to standards imo if you do your own thing.

And you can't possibly tell me that you don't enjoy for example a long hot shower, and then afterwards like applying a lotion of something, and fixng up your hair every once in a while stick out tongue

Cpt.Morgan
i dont realy like it when girls are in thong type things all it si is a peace of string erm

Mišt
Perhaps, but I figure each woman has her own look that she feels sexiest in so it's not really bowing to standards imo if you do your own thing.

And you can't possibly tell me that you don't enjoy for example a long hot shower, and then afterwards like applying a lotion of something, and fixng up your hair every once in a while stick out tongue

Yeahlove

Uh, no way, guys dont do that...flex

silver_tears
Your lose, thats why we have silky skin and always smell nice ermm

Lana

The shower and lotion, yes. Doing up my hair, no. I don't see any point in doing so. The only time I ever have had my hair done up was for my senior prom, and I did that myself, and kept it very simple.

And most women, I will be willing to bet, mostly wear makeup because societal beauty standards tell us that we are only sexy if we look a certain way. I think this is BS and find the natural look far sexier than piles of makeup.

I am not a tomboy, I am in fact quite feminine, but I do not see the point in spending a lot of time on things as trivial as hair and makeup when there's better and more important things to do.

Cpt.Morgan
showers are nice especially nice long HOT showers droolio i dont do the lotion tho XD

Mišt
Your lose, thats why we have silky skin and always smell nice ermm

Pssh, I always get told I smell nice at workermm Your loss, you're not a boy.

I am in fact quite feminine, but I do not see the point in spending a lot of time on things as trivial as hair and makeup when there's better and more important things to do.

Like what just out of interest? smokin'

silver_tears
The shower and lotion, yes. Doing up my hair, no. I don't see any point in doing so. The only time I ever have had my hair done up was for my senior prom, and I did that myself, and kept it very simple.

And most women, I will be willing to bet, mostly wear makeup because societal beauty standards tell us that we are only sexy if we look a certain way. I think this is BS and find the natural look far sexier than piles of makeup.

I am not a tomboy, I am in fact quite feminine, but I do not see the point in spending a lot of time on things as trivial as hair and makeup when there's better and more important things to do.

To set the record straight when I say doing hair, I mean like blow drying, moouse, hair spray, nothing over the top like updos or etc.

Perhaps they do, but I know many who enjoy it themselves, I being one of them. Personally I think a woman looks most beautiful after crying and after sex. Firstly the crying, not with the rivers of mascara, but if she had been crying au naturel, and the eyes get all glossy and the lashes spike together and there's this flushed look. Same after sex I've been told, the whole flushed look, dewey eyes, etc thing, both occasions that don't call for makeup at all.

So here's a question for you, how about waxing your eyebrows or other bodily hair, why do that, isn't that an equal waste of time?

silver_tears

Mišt
Personally I think a woman looks most beautiful after crying and after sex.

I think we should try this one just to see...dodgy

$noopbert
See, I don't see it as empowering in the least...I see it as bowing to society's standards of beauty. Why the need to not conform? messed

EDIt: 69th post! Yay for immaturity!

silver_tears
Well I'm sure after sex with you it naturally leads to crying so hey killing two birds with one stone ermm

And I don't mean crying tears of joy either before you reply mhm

Mišt
Well I'm sure after sex with you it naturally leads to crying so hey killing two birds with one stone ermm

I saw that one coming right awayermm

I think in future, Ill post a reply, before I post the comment that will get replied toermm Then you'll have to come up with something original smokin'

Why the need to not conform? messed

Because she is conforming to the non conformistssmokin'

SpadeKing

I can cause tears of pain yes

$noopbert

silver_tears

silver_tears
I can cause tears of pain yes

Consider this the termination of any professional relationship we may have had What the f**k?

Mišt
Yep, like the "You're unique just like everyone else."

Im unique, everyone else is just copying meermm

Yea as if, I just backed you into a corner and that's the best reply you got mhm

cry

Consider this the termination of any professional relationship we may have had What the f**k?

You're saying you have 'professional' relationships now? Why do I find that hard to believemhm

$noopbert
Yea as if, I just backed you into a corner and that's the best reply you got mhm You're less than you... are... not... hmm

silver_tears

silver_tears
You're less than you... are... not... hmm

Que? blink

Lana
To set the record straight when I say doing hair, I mean like blow drying, moouse, hair spray, nothing over the top like updos or etc.

Perhaps they do, but I know many who enjoy it themselves, I being one of them. Personally I think a woman looks most beautiful after crying and after sex. Firstly the crying, not with the rivers of mascara, but if she had been crying au naturel, and the eyes get all glossy and the lashes spike together and there's this flushed look. Same after sex I've been told, the whole flushed look, dewey eyes, etc thing, both occasions that don't call for makeup at all.

So here's a question for you, how about waxing your eyebrows or other bodily hair, why do that, isn't that an equal waste of time?

I don't blowdry my hair or put hairspray or mousse or anything like that in it. All it does is end up wrecking your hair. I quite love my hair, it's definitely one of my best things about me (physically, anyway), and thus leave it alone because I don't want to end up with it all dried out and nasty and full of split-ends. I let it airdry, then brush it, then clip it back or put it in a ponytail -- that's it.

Personally I'm not a fan of how I look after I cry, but that's because I turn bright red which definitely doesn't look good. After sex I will concede though stick out tongue

Waxing? Hell no, I don't wax!

Why the need to not conform? messed

Who says I 'need' to not conform? I just find how shallow much of society is when it comes to standards of beauty disgusting, and refuse to have any part of it. I don't like how if you don't look a certain way, you're not sexy. How if you don't have the figure of a 12 year old or aren't a toothpick, you're fat. I'm not skinny by any means, but I'm certainly not fat either. But because I have a curvy figure, I am considered fat by societal standards. But you know what? I'm comfortable being myself and couldn't care less what other people think.

What would you find sexier? A girl who goes all out but is obviously trying to impress, or a girl who doesn't care about things like hair and makeup but is comfortable being who she is?

Personally, I'd go for the latter.

Mišt
It's alright baby, let's not fight hug

Yea, it's what we in the business call tax write-offs ermm

Those werent tears of joy, or sadness, those were tears of fear from having you back me into a corner....you were so close I could smell you...and thats not something I want to have in my memory ever again! cry

$noopbert
What would you find sexier? A girl who goes all out but is obviously trying to impress, or a girl who doesn't care about things like hair and makeup but is comfortable being who she is?

Probably the girl that tried to look sexy, as opposed to the girl who doesn't give a shit.

Lana

Probably the girl that tried to look sexy, as opposed to the girl who doesn't give a shit.

How does "not caring about hair or makeup" equal "not giving a shit"?

It does not in anyway mean not caring about their appearance. It is possible to care about how you look yet not bother with wearing makeup or putting your hair up.

Being sexy is more reliant on attitude and confidence than looks, or at least I believe.

silver_tears
I don't blowdry my hair or put hairspray or mousse or anything like that in it. All it does is end up wrecking your hair. I quite love my hair, it's definitely one of my best things about me (physically, anyway), and thus leave it alone because I don't want to end up with it all dried out and nasty and full of split-ends. I let it airdry, then brush it, then clip it back or put it in a ponytail -- that's it.

Personally I'm not a fan of how I look after I cry, but that's because I turn bright red which definitely doesn't look good. After sex I will concede though stick out tongue

Waxing? Hell no, I don't wax!

Ah understandable, but that's one of the most beautiful qualities of hair it's amazing ability to weather even the worst conditions. But I ca respect that. Although pulling it into a ponytail may be doing more damage than you'd like.

I don't turn blotchy. I go pale and then my cheeks flush so thats a bonus for me. But it's kinda the same affect after a hot shower.

How about plucking and shaving and such?

Lana
Ah understandable, but that's one of the most beautiful qualities of hair it's amazing ability to weather even the worst conditions. But I ca respect that. Although pulling it into a ponytail may be doing more damage than you'd like.

I don't turn blotchy. I go pale and then my cheeks flush so thats a bonus for me. But it's kinda the same affect after a hot shower.

How about plucking and shaving and such?

I know that ponytails can damage your hair, if you use the wrong type of hairties and do it too tight and such. I'm careful not too so I don't mess it up -- besides which, I can always tell when it's too tight because I get a headache.

I'm really pale as it is, so I just turn totally red. Not blotchy, just red. Not to mention the fact that whenever I cry a lot I want to go to sleep right afterwards, and have been known to actually get ill from crying too much. I hate crying anyway, and I do it far too much.

I do pluck and shave, but only to how I want it to look. My eyebrows I simply keep neat, and as for shaving...more or less just when I feel like it, or to keep things neat. If my legs are a bit fuzzy, I don't really care, to be honest. If someone else has a problem with it, well oh well, I'm not going to change just to make them happy.

silver_tears
I know that ponytails can damage your hair, if you use the wrong type of hairties and do it too tight and such. I'm careful not too so I don't mess it up -- besides which, I can always tell when it's too tight because I get a headache.

I'm really pale as it is, so I just turn totally red. Not blotchy, just red. Not to mention the fact that whenever I cry a lot I want to go to sleep right afterwards, and have been known to actually get ill from crying too much. I hate crying anyway, and I do it far too much.

I do pluck and shave, but only to how I want it to look. My eyebrows I simply keep neat, and as for shaving...more or less just when I feel like it, or to keep things neat. If my legs are a bit fuzzy, I don't really care, to be honest. If someone else has a problem with it, well oh well, I'm not going to change just to make them happy.

I don't get headaches but I hate the ponytail bump when you take it out. More importantly and disgustingly actually, because I do so many things that require lots of sweating such as excercise and crap I wash my hair daily, so to make it all nice and soft I have hot oil treatments and such, extravagant, but well worth it imo.

I get thesleep thing too, or my eyes will sting, but never anything appearance wise really.

Hmm power to ya then thumb up

SpadeKing

atleast I have Mistermm mistboobs

Lana
I don't get headaches but I hate the ponytail bump when you take it out. More importantly and disgustingly actually, because I do so many things that require lots of sweating such as excercise and crap I wash my hair daily, so to make it all nice and soft I have hot oil treatments and such, extravagant, but well worth it imo.

I get thesleep thing too, or my eyes will sting, but never anything appearance wise really.

Hmm power to ya then thumb up

I never really get a bump in my hair from wearing it up in ponytails, unless I put it up when it's wet. Which I don't anyway because that really tears it, and would require me to brush my hair while wet, which thus will make it totally flat.

I simply dislike the whole obsession with perfection that so many people have...and how people think they need to change what they do in order to be accepted by others. As I said before...what happened to simply being yourself? I mean, yeah, there are girls who do stuff like that because they like to, but fact is most do because they are expected to. You shouldn't NEED to worry about impressing other people with how you look.

Me, I know I'm pretty, though not in any conventional sense. I certainly am not someone who most people would think to be hot though. But I have finally found the confidence to be comfortable being ME, and that is something that I know people find sexy in me.

Cpt.Morgan

Probably the girl that tried to look sexy, as opposed to the girl who doesn't give a shit. i go for the second one

Mišt

I really must come around and watch these activities sometimehmm

silver_tears
I never really get a bump in my hair from wearing it up in ponytails, unless I put it up when it's wet. Which I don't anyway because that really tears it, and would require me to brush my hair while wet, which thus will make it totally flat.

I simply dislike the whole obsession with perfection that so many people have...and how people think they need to change what they do in order to be accepted by others. As I said before...what happened to simply being yourself? I mean, yeah, there are girls who do stuff like that because they like to, but fact is most do because they are expected to. You shouldn't NEED to worry about impressing other people with how you look.

Me, I know I'm pretty, though not in any conventional sense. I certainly am not someone who most people would think to be hot though. But I have finally found the confidence to be comfortable being ME, and that is something that I know people find sexy in me.

Definitely, I try not to handle my hair when it's wet, but I put detangling stuff in it seeing as how it's curly and all.

I agree with the changing thing. I don't do anything to change what I look like, but simply to enhance, the colour of my eyes, the bone structure of my cheeks, the softness of les lips, and so forth. I don't feel that using what god gave you and simply showing it off is a bad value women possess.

I've have confidence issues for a long time, but I never use makeup as a crutch, it's one of my pleasantries.

silver_tears

Cpt.Morgan
You're not welcome anymore schmoll
And now with my impending bandom I can devote more time to getting all hot and sweaty in nothing but shorts and a sports bra while beating the crap out of a punching bag. Care to volunteer ermm can i join you?

Imaginary
Lana is sexy thumb up

On the topic of discussion, though, I love wearing makeup and doing my hair. I do it to please myself, not because I think everyone only wants to see pretty girls walking down the street. I love wearing eyeliner, and mascara and when the occasion calls for it, making eyeshadow look perfect. It makes me happy when I straighten my hair so its un-frizzy and it hangs down my shoulders all sleek. I can't live without proper body hair removal, I hate the way it looks. I do it all for me.

As my music teacher once said, makeup is meant to enhance natural features, so you can go without it if you want and go you if you don't need any. But I think it's unfair to judge anyone who does go over the top, even though I agree with Lana in saying that makeup and hair doesn't equal sexiness.

As for skipping_gurl's opinion... just because you can't go a day without wearing Roxy clothes and Napoleon makeup, doesn't mean that anyone who doesn't is automatically trying to be a guy wink

silver_tears
Hark do my eyes deceive me, a volunteer? eyes
I warn you know, I get feisty.

Lana
Definitely, I try not to handle my hair when it's wet, but I put detangling stuff in it seeing as how it's curly and all.

I agree with the changing thing. I don't do anything to change what I look like, but simply to enhance, the colour of my eyes, the bone structure of my cheeks, the softness of les lips, and so forth. I don't feel that using what god gave you and simply showing it off is a bad value women possess.

I've have confidence issues for a long time, but I never use makeup as a crutch, it's one of my pleasantries.

My hair is only slightly wavy so as long as I brush it once it's dry, it doesn't tangle.

And I don't necessarily mean changing how you look -- I mean changing who you are as a person.

I tend to have very little confidence in myself, but a lot of it is because I am very shy (though much less than I used to be), and am quite a geek, which led me to be picked on a lot in school. It didn't help either that people called me fat because holy crap, I've got breasts and hips and don't have the figure of a boy. But I'm past being effected by that sort of thing -- who I am is who I am and if you cannot accept that, then I will not have anything to do with you.

Penelope

What's wrong with wearing boxers?

Mišt
You're not welcome anymore schmoll
And now with my impending bandom I can devote more time to getting all hot and sweaty in nothing but shorts and a sports bra while beating the crap out of a punching bag. Care to volunteer ermm

Why not?cry Dont tell me I have to resort to watching through the window againdisgust

Lana
Originally posted by Imaginary
Lana is sexy thumb up

On the topic of discussion, though, I love wearing makeup and doing my hair. I do it to please myself, not because I think everyone only wants to see pretty girls walking down the street. I love wearing eyeliner, and mascara and when the occasion calls for it, making eyeshadow look perfect. It makes me happy when I straighten my hair so its un-frizzy and it hangs down my shoulders all sleek. I can't live without proper body hair removal, I hate the way it looks. I do it all for me.

As my music teacher once said, makeup is meant to enhance natural features, so you can go without it if you want and go you if you don't need any. But I think it's unfair to judge anyone who does go over the top, even though I agree with Lana in saying that makeup and hair doesn't equal sexiness.

As for skipping_gurl's opinion... just because you can't go a day without wearing Roxy clothes and Napoleon makeup, doesn't mean that anyone who doesn't is automatically trying to be a guy wink

Squishy!! eek! love

silver_tears
My hair is only slightly wavy so as long as I brush it once it's dry, it doesn't tangle.

And I don't necessarily mean changing how you look -- I mean changing who you are as a person.

I tend to have very little confidence in myself, but a lot of it is because I am very shy (though much less than I used to be), and am quite a geek, which led me to be picked on a lot in school. It didn't help either that people called me fat because holy crap, I've got breasts and hips and don't have the figure of a boy. But I'm past being effected by that sort of thing -- who I am is who I am and if you cannot accept that, then I will not have anything to do with you.

Meh I grew fed up with it and cut it all off, it's just below the ears now, no more problems.

Well sure, if people use makeup as some sort of mask to alter their personalities ie the shy fat girl with braces becomes turbo ***** when tons of mascara is added, well that's just wrong.

Respectable that you've reached that point. Although being out of high school definitely helps.

silver_tears

Mišt
I hate'cho disgust

Soo....angry sex?eyes

Lana
Meh I grew fed up with it and cut it all off, it's just below the ears now, no more problems.

Well sure, if people use makeup as some sort of mask to alter their personalities ie the shy fat girl with braces becomes turbo ***** when tons of mascara is added, well that's just wrong.

Respectable that you've reached that point. Although being out of high school definitely helps.

I like my hair longer, it's a few inches past my shoulders now. I don't think I look good with short hair.

And I mean more the people who see people acting and dressing a certain way in magazines and on TV and such and think it's the only way you'll be thought cool or sexy, and thus do things they normally wouldn't do because of the fact that there is such pressure to fit in.

High school sucks. I couldn't stand how immature people were. I'm very glad I'm out of there because since leaving high school, I have matured and changed a lot...least of which is finally starting to get over my shyness.

silver_tears

silver_tears
I like my hair longer, it's a few inches past my shoulders now. I don't think I look good with short hair.

And I mean more the people who see people acting and dressing a certain way in magazines and on TV and such and think it's the only way you'll be thought cool or sexy, and thus do things they normally wouldn't do because of the fact that there is such pressure to fit in.

High school sucks. I couldn't stand how immature people were. I'm very glad I'm out of there because since leaving high school, I have matured and changed a lot...least of which is finally starting to get over my shyness.

It's long enough to remain feminine, although I've discovered shorter hair is much harder to upkeap.

High school syndrome it seems.

I cant wait to move away to live in residency.

SugarBaby

What's wrong with being tomboyish? I've found that guys actually prefer women who will play sports and not freak out if they break a nail.

Lady_Depp
^^ True... with wa sugarbaby says

Girls aint jus about hair and make-up.. thts liek guys jus sittin in front of the tv, scratchin n fartn theres more to everyone thn tht.. stop stereotyping

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.