Unplanned, but Wanted Sequels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
What movies do you want a sequel to that do not already have something planned or in the works?

Me:
The Thing (the Video Game was suppose to be the sequel but I want it in film)
Boondock Saints (sequel got canned from what I heard)
Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels (you know Snatch doesn't count)
Kill Bill (there is discussion of one for like 10 years from now, but I'm still counting this as not being made until something further develops)
Evil Dead
Mad Max
Ghostbusters
Austin Powers (as difficult as it may be to make a 4th)
Independence Day
Unbreakable

Nevermind
The only one I'm really interested in seeing is that Kill Bill one. From what Tarantino wants for it, it sounds really good. BTW, there's already a planned Ghostbusters 3, with no Murray. From what I've read it don't sound too hot either.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Myth
What movies do you want a sequel to that do not already have something planned or in the works?

Me:
Kill Bill (there is discussion of one for like 10 years from now, but I'm still counting this as not being made until something further develops)
Evil Dead
Mad Max
Ghostbusters
Independence Day
Unbreakable

Kill Bill droolio It would center around Vernita's daughter getting revenge would it not?

I too would like to see another Austin Powers, I would like to see how Seth Green could handle being the main villain.

Nevermind
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Kill Bill droolio It would center around Vernita's daughter getting revenge would it not?

Yep!

Originally posted by LanceWindu
I too would like to see another Austin Powers, I would like to see how Seth Green could handle being the main villain.

Yeah, I'm interested in seeing how that would develop. I'd be cautious of it's production though, very cautious.

Wolfie

Me:
Evil Dead
Mad Max
Ghostbusters
Independence Day
Unbreakable
Sure, The Thing video game was fun, but making it into a movie would be awful.

Lock, Stock 2 would kill it.

I'd have to wait and see about Kill Bill 3 before judging, as it can go either way.

Ghostbusters, I hope, is dead. Too much time has passed, they got old. In Ghostbusters 3, they would need walkers attached to their packs.

Goldmember was a fine conclusion to the Austin Powers series. They wrapped it up with the characters (Dr. Evil being brother Dougy, Fat Bastard going on the Subway diet, Scott Evil taking over).

How can ID4 2 possibly work?

I'm all for Evil Dead 4 and Boondock 2.

cain marko

Me:
Evil Dead
Mad Max
Ghostbusters
Independence Day
Unbreakable

there is a ghostbuster one coming out

and the thing was a sequel in its self from the the thing from uter space from years and years and years ago

Mišt
Serenityweep

Wouldn't mind another Mummy moviehmm As long as it was good, not that Scorpion King crap...

Kung Pow 2

Cant think of anything at the moment..

Ushgarak
The difference being between Serenity and most of the films on that list is that Serenity was a flop.

Mišt
Is that a personal comment, or a comment based on box office earnings?

Ushgarak
Earnings. The film itself was fine. I think it is fairly certain they would have made more, else.

In fact, I wouldn't be totally surprised if they did give it another go, but getting the backing will be hard.

Maybe a tv movie.

Mišt
Ah ok. Yeah on the dvd Joss said the funding for the first one was poor, the actors had to basically work for free and get paid after the earnings came in, so unless he got good funding, chances are pretty crappy...

But its still on my wishlist.

Dusty
There are only a select few films I would like to see sequels to. I would not like to ruin the first movie with a sequel. *COUGH* HIGHLANDER*COUGH*

Final Fantasy 7: AC (I can't get enough of those graphics. Plus that's a very easy story to sequel.)
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie (The first one kicked so much ass!)
Ace Ventura 2 (C'mon before Ace is too old!)
Serenity (A television movie or something)
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy (There are more books..)

Mišt
FF:AC is awesome, they could definitely do more of those thumb up Are there any plans for a sequel?

Dusty

Impediment
Bruce Campbell needs to make another Evil Dead movie. If you've ever watched the TRUE director's cut ending of Army of Darkness, you'll remember that Ash took one drops too many of the sleeping potion and slept into a destroyed post-apocalyptic future world. I think it'd be great if, for example, he had to fight of some kind of mutated freaks, or irratiated demons. I'd like to see a sequel, also, to FFVII: AC. Love the game, love the movie, and love the story. I agree with Dusty about another sequel to the Hitchhiker's Guide. Douglas Adams' "trilogy" is actually 5 books. I loved 'em all. Finally, I'd, personally, like to see another Hulk movie. Say what you will about the first one, I liked it. Plus, they can learn from their mistakes and make the sequel even better.

TheFilmProphet

LiL nAstY GirL
Alot of people won't agree with me, but I'd LOVE a deeper, darker Elektra

Wolfie
That reminds me, I would like to see a sequel to Daredevil. I liked Elektra but I think the first one was enough. Punisher, I've heard talks of a sequel but not sure if it's being picked up, I would like one too.
Originally posted by Impediment
Bruce Campbell needs to make another Evil Dead movie. If you've ever watched the TRUE director's cut ending of Army of Darkness, you'll remember that Ash took one drops too many of the sleeping potion and slept into a destroyed post-apocalyptic future world. I think it'd be great if, for example, he had to fight of some kind of mutated freaks, or irratiated demons.
Actually, I think the original ending to Army of Darkness would better lead to a sequel. Deadites in the city. thumb up

Solo
Twin Peaks

TheFilmProphet
Beetlejuice 2, Keaton genuinely really wants to do it but Burton hasn't expressed any interest.

The Overmaster
Deep Rising 2. I dont know if anyone else liked this movie, but i did. I really wanted to see how they would escape from that Island Sized Monster.

allofyousuckkk
Mummy
Charlies's Angels(the second felt kinda empty, it should be redeemed with a third)
Series of Unfortunate Events(the first was dumb, it wasn't meant to be a comedy)
Elektra
Aeon Flux
Daredevil
Deep Rising
UltraViolet
(some of these suck, but they have potential for a better sequel)

sithsaber408
I'd say Stargate, but Dean Devlin announced today at Comic-Con that he was in talks to make parts II and III. stick out tongue

Smasandian
Originally posted by Dusty
There are only a select few films I would like to see sequels to. I would not like to ruin the first movie with a sequel. *COUGH* HIGHLANDER*COUGH*

Final Fantasy 7: AC (I can't get enough of those graphics. Plus that's a very easy story to sequel.)
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie (The first one kicked so much ass!)
Ace Ventura 2 (C'mon before Ace is too old!)
Serenity (A television movie or something)
Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy (There are more books..)

They'res an Ace Venture 2

Called Ace Ventura Nature Calls.

Dusty
Originally posted by Smasandian
They'res an Ace Venture 2

Called Ace Ventura Nature Calls.

I mean a sequel to AV2. erm

Notice how all of the movies I listed stop right there.

Myth
I believe he knows that and wants a part 3 wink

FilmProph - I'm with you on a Beetlejuice 2.

I'd also like to add Alien 5 and Predator 3 (I believe only a AVP 2 is in the works)

The following are responses to Wolfie:
"Sure, The Thing video game was fun, but making it into a movie would be awful."
I'd obviously want it different from the VG. I'm just a fan of The Thing (John Carpenters of course)

For Lock, Stock 2: I'd have the same characters but a whole new story (I wouldn't even conclude the "cliff hanger" at the end of part one)

ID4 2: Simply have the aliens attack again. There is nothing to show that all the aliens have died.

Finally, I know Goldmember was a good conclusion, but for a movie thats not serious in the first place, I don't think it will ruin anything. Although I would not like to see Scott be the main bad guy. This is the story I'd like to see:
Scott uses the time machine and goes back in time to inform his dad (when he is still evil) that he turns good. (Evil)Dr Evil then goes and kidnaps his future self and hides him back in time (most likely somewhere in the 80's). Just imagine the conversations between good Dr. Evil and bad Dr. Evil. eek!

Of all the movies I've listed though, Evil Dead 4 is the one I'd want to see the most, plus it has the least chance of "ruining" the franchise.

Wolfie
I guess ID4 2 can happen in a DTV release.

There's a consistency to the Austin Powers trilogy that continuing would just ruin it, such as Mike Myers playing all the previous characters plus a new one each movie.

And I believe they're talking about Beetlejuice 2. I think the first was enough.

TheFilmProphet
FilmProph - I'm with you on a Beetlejuice 2.

Finally, I know Goldmember was a good conclusion, but for a movie thats not serious in the first place, I don't think it will ruin anything. Although I would not like to see Scott be the main bad guy. This is the story I'd like to see:
Scott uses the time machine and goes back in time to inform his dad (when he is still evil) that he turns good. (Evil)Dr Evil then goes and kidnaps his future self and hides him back in time (most likely somewhere in the 80's). Just imagine the conversations between good Dr. Evil and bad Dr. Evil. eek!

Of all the movies I've listed though, Evil Dead 4 is the one I'd want to see the most, plus it has the least chance of "ruining" the franchise.

Cool, nice to see others believe in Beetlejuice deserving a second addition especially with the only genuinely "good" Tim Burton film lately being Corpse Bride.

That actually sounds like a great concept for Austin Powers 4. It seems to follow the ridiculous yet exceedingly funny storylines of the previous three films and has the potential to be the most entetaining one of the bunch.

I also agree on ED4, it needs to be produced before Bruce Campbell ages to the point where he longer fits the role as he does now. We don't want Ash going from 35 to 55 in ED4. wink

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by Wolfie
And I believe they're talking about Beetlejuice 2. I think the first was enough.

The last thing heard about a potential Beetlejuice 2 was Keaton being interested and Burton not expressing any visible interest back in June 2005.

"It would have to have Tim at least in a supervisory capacity. Heck, I'd settle for just having Tim to hang out", Keaton tells The Houston Chronicle. "He's 100 percent original, and who else can you say that about?".

I believe there is still much to be explored with the character that wasn't thoroughly in the first. Plus with all of the make-up that is attached to Keaton you would never notice any age difference between the first & the second in my opinion.

Wolfie
No, I'm not judging how good it will look. I'm sure it'll look great. I just don't see anywhere they can go with it.

Grimm22
If they made Evil Dead 4 without Bruce Cambell....

Then they might as well call it Stupid Dead, because it wouldnt be Evil Dead without Bruce sad

Of course Sam Ramni would probobly have Ash cry in it for 15 minutes about choclate cake (ala Spider-Man 2)

Wolfie
Actually, Raimi isn't moronic enough to make another Evil Dead (sequel or remake) without Bruce Campbell as Ash. The remake is just not going to have Ash in it.

However, a fourth Evil Dead won't happen. He's too backed up on the Spider-Man movies (possibly going up to Spider-Man 6) to make another Evil Dead.

AstroFan
The Rundown. smile

Smasandian
Originally posted by Dusty
I mean a sequel to AV2. erm

Notice how all of the movies I listed stop right there.

My fault. embarrasment

Myth
Originally posted by AstroFan
The Rundown. smile

Thats not too bad of an idea. Out of all of those crappy action/comedies of the last 5 years or so, that one is one of the better. Plus, its one of those types of fun movies that are just kind of left open.

office jesus
No, I'm not judging how good it will look. I'm sure it'll look great. I just don't see anywhere they can go with it.

Nevermind the fact Burton's a shit director. :: Been saying it for years. :: Stop it with the Goth shit, Tim. We get it.

EPIIIBITES
The Passion 2..."The Second Coming"

Million Dollar Baby 2..."Two Million Dollar Baby!"

King Kong 2..."King Coma"

X Men 3 - 2..."The Last Stab (at Making a Decent Ending to the Series)"

Mission Impossible 1, 2, & 3 - 2..."Mission Impossible: Ok...Maybe Not 'Impossible', Impossible"

Crash 2..."Say 'NO' to Racism...Now Give Us Another Oscar"

Wolfie
Originally posted by office jesus
Nevermind the fact Burton's a shit director. :: Been saying it for years. :: Stop it with the Goth shit, Tim. We get it.
laughing out loud When I first read this, I thought you were talking to me. I was like, "I'm not giving you any goth shit.... And how did you know my name?!"

Grimm22
Bloodrayne 2: The quest to get people to see a movie despite it being directed by Uwe Bowle stick out tongue

~Da Rev~
Aeon Flux 2: I still cant say the fukkin title right.

Seriously, though.

Beatlejuice 2
A new Ace Ventura
The Big Lebowski 2: The Dude-man Cometh

Grimm22
Actually, Raimi isn't moronic enough to make another Evil Dead (sequel or remake) without Bruce Campbell as Ash. The remake is just not going to have Ash in it.

However, a fourth Evil Dead won't happen. He's too backed up on the Spider-Man movies (possibly going up to Spider-Man 6) to make another Evil Dead.

Still though erm

Its just not Evil Dead without Ash

Wolfie
That's true.

And I would actually like an Aeon Flux 2. embarrasment

Praylu
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
Beatlejuice 2

yes

That makes three of us thus far...

$noopbert
ID4 was talked about and they even tried to make a script... just couldn't figure it out. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.