Has Xmen 3 damaged the X men Franchise?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xman Unleashed
What do you believe? Has the last X Man Movie brought down the X men legacy and its fans or has it done it justice and been a breath of fresh air?

cain marko
hmmm i think it is for current comic fans and to lure new ones. it did well

Yoshiaki
I personally liked X-3 except for the fact that it was around 100 mins long... the average movie should be around 140ish nowadays

Britrogue
Of course not. One film cannot ruin a franchise and the film wasn't even that bad.

PiruBlood
i liked x3 the only 2 issues i had were why is juggernaut british and 2 it was short. other than that it was bad to da bone

pr1983
Originally posted by Xman Unleashed
What do you believe? Has the last X Man Movie brought down the X men legacy and its fans or has it done it justice and been a breath of fresh air?

If the franchise is ruined its the fault of all 3 movies, not just one...

HellMaster93
X3 was crap. A real letdown after Singer's masterworks. But I think the publicity and stuff has helped the X-Men franchise...

Sabretooth
I'll take Ratner over Singer any day of the week. Singer spends too much time cramming his political views down people's throats during his movies. He needs to get off his soapbox and try making something entertaining without being an activist just once.

"...Singer's masterworks." Whatever.

TheOnes2
Singer gave us much needed character development. In X-2 you actualy got to feel for the character's making an emotional ending. He also gave us....oh whats the word im looking for. Oh, plot. X-1 and X-2 were both better than X-3.

Ratner just blew things up just the the heck of it. The final battle was a complete mess. Magneto didnt seem to care his fellow mutants were being killed and cured. And how the hell did 6 mutants manage to kill 100 mutants just by punching them. Phoenix was there just for a cool FX sequence, we didnt get into her character or motovations at all. Wolverine was the only character that was fleshed out but that was unbearable. Last time i checked this was an X-men movie. Not a Wolverine movie. The brotherhood mutants were hugly under developed Why did Juggernaut and Multiple join mag's without knowing who he was. "Oh look some old geezer. He may be just using me but what the heck, i'll join him". The movie was just terrible. The action and FX sequences were just there in sheer number to distract from tired writing. I just hope an extended edition comes out that fixes all of these things and more with another hour of footage

StinkFist462
if you really think about it. the mutants in X-3 didn't need a development in any way. if you didnt already know who the juggernaut is then wow. also they all pretty much died in the end so it'd just be piointless to have every mutant an in-depth story to do along. the main characters dont need anymore back story then what they already got in the first two.

X-3, imo, is better than X-1 but not as good as X-2.

Kaos sebaceous
i dont think x3 was that bad

Sabretooth
Originally posted by TheOnes2
Singer gave us much needed character development. In X-2 you actualy got to feel for the character's making an emotional ending. He also gave us....oh whats the word im looking for. Oh, plot. X-1 and X-2 were both better than X-3.

Ratner just blew things up just the the heck of it. The final battle was a complete mess. Magneto didnt seem to care his fellow mutants were being killed and cured. And how the hell did 6 mutants manage to kill 100 mutants just by punching them. Phoenix was there just for a cool FX sequence, we didnt get into her character or motovations at all. Wolverine was the only character that was fleshed out but that was unbearable. Last time i checked this was an X-men movie. Not a Wolverine movie. The brotherhood mutants were hugly under developed Why did Juggernaut and Multiple join mag's without knowing who he was. "Oh look some old geezer. He may be just using me but what the heck, i'll join him". The movie was just terrible. The action and FX sequences were just there in sheer number to distract from tired writing. I just hope an extended edition comes out that fixes all of these things and more with another hour of footage

The only characters developed in X1 were Wolverine, Rogue and very little on Magneto. The only characters developed in X2 were Wolverine some more and Nightcrawler. In X3 we got even more development for Wolverine, Phoenix, Professor X, more Rogue, a bit on Angel and more on Magneto. Looks to me like X3 wins here.

I also think the plot of X3 was better than the other two, even though it was swiped from the "Cure" storyline in the comics. As for the explosions, I'll take them over activism masquerading as a superhero movie any day.

masterkit
X3 was awsome and X1 and X2 put Storm Way down(Put wolverine up bleh) all took rouge down more even x3 but at least u got to see her in coustume in x3 and Iceman Iced Up and We got a full Kitty not just a side person

DarthLazious
What he said.

emporerpants
x3 was terrible. x1 and x2 where much much much better. and why didn't magneto simply drop the bridge on the whole building if he was there to kill the kid? not the mention the bridge would fall apart the second he simply plopped it down.

Yarr
Originally posted by StinkFist462
if you really think about it. the mutants in X-3 didn't need a development in any way. if you didnt already know who the juggernaut is then wow. also they all pretty much died in the end so it'd just be piointless to have every mutant an in-depth story to do along. the main characters dont need anymore back story then what they already got in the first two.

X-3, imo, is better than X-1 but not as good as X-2.

Ummm I think a lot of you guys get directors and writers mixed up.

smiley8
X3 wasnt as bad as a lot of you make out! Ive like the xmen as long as i can remember and agree that some of the characters didnt match their comic counterparts but the movie was a good movie. A little short but you did feel for the characters and you did have a sense that this was the final part of the trilogy...... until the secret scene but anyway!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.