Are we too Critical?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
I was thinking about this after seeing a thread in the X-men forums asking if X3 screwed up or helped the franchise, and it got me thinking.

Are we just too selfish and critical anymore about comic book movies?

More than ever?

I mean, X-men now has 3 pretty good movies with room with a potentially good 4th one. Spider-man (I don't want to hear about it Mr. Parker) has 2 pretty good movies and an interesting looking 3rd one on the way. Same with fantastic 4 setting themselves up, especially with silver surfer in the mix. Batman Begins was amazing, and everyone seems to like Superman Returns a lot which is something that will open the doors for more DC movies to be made. And others like Daredevil, Hulk, The punisher, Hellboy, Sin City, and others have their own little followings.

Techincally they are the best they have ever been, and there sequels have been above and beyond what they had been in the past.

Don't you guys remember the SHIT, and the once amazing movies that turned to SHIT

Superman-amazing intro of the super hero type movie franchise, but due to some producers greed and being naive let the story of Superman just slip away from the heart and turn to crap

(watch 'Look up in the sky' doc. Basically you can somewhat see the demise in Superman movies in numbers 1st- $300 mil, 2nd $130 mil, 3rd $100 mil, 4th $40 mil.)

Then there's Batman

1st (not bad/pretty good), 2nd (kinda wierd but cool), 3rd (what the hell is goin on here), 4th (What the FVCK was that???)

Oh and other stuff like Captain america, Punisher W/dolph, and Spawn (I don't remember him using machine guns in the comics)

roughrider
I don't consider myself such, but it seems most of the fans here are way too critical. The slightest change for the sake of adapting to the screen, can have a half-dozen hate threads going.

TheFilmProphet
I don't believe we're too critical, after all we're only demanding that basic elements of the characters & universe be unchanged. Hollywood is run my too many individuals who in their mind believe are doing the films/comics justice by altering their origins, appearances, etc. but personally I think they deserve no such power. Time and again we've witnessed what their "better judgement" has resulted in. (Ex.: Daredevil, Hulk, Catwoman, etc.) Who is a director and or writer to say they are going to completely alter characters people have loved so dearly since the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, & 70's including the very own children of these fans.

Tron
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Oh and other stuff like Captain america, Punisher W/dolph, and Spawn (I don't remember him using machine guns in the comics)

Spawn has used plenty of guns during his comic run. But, the movie was still an extremely watered down version of it's comic counterpart.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.