Some of my Favourite Books

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dreampanther
Here, in no particular order, are some of the books that have been a part of my life, and in some cases changed my life. Some because they have good stories, some because they have brilliant ideas, some because they spoke to me on a level I could relate to. And some because the authors write the way I wish I could write...

Illusions, the Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah, by Richard Bach.
Jonathan Livinston Seagull, by same.

The Little Prince (I don't really need to add the author's name here, do I?) smile

The Life of Pi

Snow Crash and Cryptonomicon, by Neal Stephenson. Cryptonomicon is so mind-blowingly awesome, it even has its own website. If you have never heard of it, you must be living in a cave.

Vernor Vinge's space operas.

Anything, let me repeat this, ANYTHING! by either Terry Pratchett, David Gemmell or Robert B Parker. Nobody has ever written like them. No one ever will again.

Stephen King's The Dark Tower series.

Terry Goodkind, because he made me realise for the first time that I could murder an author for the torments and tortures he makes his character endure. Great characters, though.

Robert Jordan. He made me realise that no matter how exciting your characters and story-lines might be, if you drag out a series (and drag it out, and drag it out...) so you can make more money, you are just another commercial hack. Anybody want a nearly complete Wheel of Time series? Almost brand-new...

Sophie's World. Wish I had read this when I studied philosophy!

Shane, by Jack Schaeffer, and his Monte Walsh short stories.

Roger Zelazney, in my opinion, easily on the same level as Isaac Asimov. Anybody want to dispute?

AJ Quinnell. Denzel Washington should be hung, drawn and quartered for the way he mutilated that book.

Douglas Hill, Anne McCaffrey, Andre Norton, Arthur Conan Doyle and Robert Louis Stevenson - they made my childhood more exciting and more adventure-filled than anything I could imagine.

That's it for now, will add more later.

Feel free to make your own list (with comments!) on books that have made an impact on your life.

And keep on reading!

Azure
I know this is random and no one knows me, but my goal is to spread the word.......there will be a Dragonlance movie in 2007! (don't bother flaming me, because will most likely never see it)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.