Uh Oh!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xavius
For every one human . . .

. . . There are a million insects.

no expression

greenangel
down Thanks for that..... angel

Cerberus
Oh shnap! Break out the Bug-B-Gone!

no expression

Xavius
You're going to need a whole shitload of Bug B-gone.

Raid!

Psyquis52
Originally posted by Xavius
You're going to need a whole shitload of Bug B-gone.

Raid! Every American swallows an average of 8 spiders in their lifetime.number_8deadsmiley

Xavius
Actually, the average american will swallow sixteen spiders within ONE year.

Psyquis52
Actually, the average american will swallow sixteen spiders within ONE year. Actually I think I'm going to be sick.puke2

TheFilmProphet

Or 16 out of every 365 days.

I'll sleep so much better tonight no expression

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Actually I think I'm going to be sick.puke2 Originally posted by TheFilmProphet

Meh, I've known this for years.

Did you know that in most food products there is a bit of bug that got into the machines?

Xavius
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet

The differentials are amazing.

Coldfire

no expression
One word: f*ck
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Meh, I've known this for years.

Did you know that in most food products there is a bit of bug that got into the machines?
Mmmm that sounds delightful....

TheFilmProphet
Did you know, (unrelated) that in a grocery store you are likely to purchase a bag or box which a mouse has bitten or laid it's droppings on or around? messed

I know, I've worked there...

Coldfire
Did you know, (unrelated) that in a grocery store you are likely to purchase a bag or box which a mouse has bitten or laid it's droppings on or around? messed

I know, I've worked there...
That's lovely too...

Psyquis52

I know, I've worked there... Yes....tyokio

TheFilmProphet
This might be sleeping in your basement, erm

http://www.myimghost.com/getimg/in_for_the_kill_small.jpg

quiksilver
lol

Mišt

Thank god Im not American! mistw00t

LanceWindu

TheFilmProphet
The average Australian will swallow sixteen koalas within ONE year.

laughing out loud

Mišt
If it was kangaroos I'd be inclined to believe it....damn those ****ers taste good...

Coldfire

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Coldfire
Me too haha stick out tongue

The average Canadian will swallow sixteen maple leaves covered in syrup in ONE year.

Penelope

no expression

All insects need to die, with the exception of the butterfly.

Coldfire
The average Canadian will swallow sixteen maple leaves covered in syrup in ONE year.
I can deal with that wink stick out tongue
Originally posted by Penelope
yes

LanceWindu

You do realize that even the most insignificant insect plays a part in our ecosystem right? They all have their place to keep things in natural balance.

Coldfire
You do realize that even the most insignificant insect plays a part in our ecosystem right? They all have their place to keep things in natural balance.
Of course, but it's nice to imagine a world without them, no?

TheFilmProphet

Exactly, except for cockroaches. wink

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Coldfire
Of course, but it's nice to imagine a world without them, no?

Not really...what else would I tie dental floss around and take for a walk?

TheFilmProphet
Mist... stick out tongue

LanceWindu
Mist... stick out tongue

hmm True...

Mišt
Mist... stick out tongue

laughing out loud

Penelope

But ofcourse, but i could care less, since i have a phobia.

Vinny Valentine
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/Mizk/laughing_cow.jpg

Coldfire
Not really...what else would I tie dental floss around and take for a walk?
Get a leash and take a dog for a walk lol
Mist... stick out tongue
laughing out loud

Xavius

All humans need to live, with the exception of you.

You bugcist.

$noopbert
All humans need to live, with the exception of you.

You bugcist.

Milkie

no expression

http://themot.org/gallery/d/1992-1/Incorrect.jpg

$noopbert
Actually, the average american will swallow sixteen spiders within ONE year. Actually, that's bullshit. Spiders do not crawl into what they consider a predator''s mouth.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by $noopbert
Actually, that's bullshit. Spiders do not crawl into what they consider a predator''s mouth.

No it does happen my friend, you forget that spiders explore all areas they come across.

Also, spiders do not recognize us as their predators. wink

Xavius
Actually, that's bullshit. Spiders do not crawl into what they consider a predator''s mouth.

Actually, it isn't. I didn't spend years studying Earth Science so some kid could come along and correct me.

Spiders are smart, but they lack the intelligence to keep away from surface moisture. Your mouth happens to have that Moisture, and Spiders are attracted to it.

Now, Spiders are also attracted to what is considered the standard temperature of a room in a house. Approximately Thirty to thirty five spiders come into your house yearly.

Half of that amount goes into your mouth because of the moisture. While you're drifting into REM and something light makes contact with you, the sensitivity of the nerves in your mouth react and you either move your mouth around or swallow and so the Spider gets accidentally eaten.

Case closed.

Also, spiders do not recognize us as their predators. wink

SelphieT
Actually, it isn't. I didn't spend years studying Earth Science so some kid could come along and correct me.

Spiders are smart, but they lack the intelligence to keep away from surface moisture. Your mouth happens to have that Moisture, and Spiders are attracted to it.

Now, Spiders are also attracted to what is considered the standard temperature of a room in a house. Approximately Thirty to thirty five spiders come into your house yearly.

Half of that amount goes into your mouth because of the moisture. While you're drifting into REM and something light makes contact with you, the sensitivity of the nerves in your mouth react and you either move your mouth around or swallow and so the Spider gets accidentally eaten.

Case closed.

wow, good to know

$noopbert

Case closed. Your breath is warmer then room temperature. Explain to me why they would willingly go into an orifice that was shooting out much hotter than comfortable breath. Please? sad

http://www.washington.edu/burkemuseum/spidermyth/myths/whileyousleep.html

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mspidereat.html

Itzak
Your breath is warmer then room temperature. Explain to me why they would willingly go into an orifice that was shooting out much hotter than comfortable breath. Please? sad

Excuse me while I light my spliff - HAA-HAA-HAA-HAA!

$noopbert
Originally posted by Itzak
Excuse me while I light my spliff - HAA-HAA-HAA-HAA! laughing

Xavius
Your breath is warmer then room temperature. Explain to me why they would willingly go into an orifice that was shooting out much hotter than comfortable breath. Please? sad

First of all, the majority of the time, you are exerting breath from your nose. Let's not forget that. Even so, let us not forget that Spiders are attracted to warmth AND moisture, which you have both inside of the mouth WHICH is primarily open due to the relaxation of jaw muscles and lip tension during sleep, and the fact that your face is facing the roof so your jaw must lower, giving perfect gateway to an entry for a warm, moist place for Arachnids.

He also fails to mention in his article that, out of the thirty five thousand spider species that do exists, some feed off of moisture and some are actually naturally attracted to moving warmth or consistent warmth's of different types. Not all spiders are going to jump off of a roof into your mouth, especially the one that can sense the warmth and moisture from your mouth, and it's not hard to spot for them. Lots of spiders can visually see heat.

Or let's not forget that you can swallow around fourteen to a dozen spiders at once because of the ballooning effect, which happens to over five thousand spider species, and they range in size, something that guy fails to mention in his article as well.

The reason it's only usually sixteen spiders is because you're constantly moving around in your sleep and Spiders often do not make it on top of your bed most of the time AND because certain types of Spiders dislike breathing, being why the number of Spiders coming into your mouth is so small.

$noopbert
First of all, the majority of the time, you are exerting breath from your nose. Let's not forget that. Even so, let us not forget that Spiders are attracted to warmth AND moisture, which you have both inside of the mouth WHICH is primarily open due to the relaxation of jaw muscles and lip tension during sleep, and the fact that your face is facing the roof so your jaw must lower, giving perfect gateway to an entry for a warm, moist place for Arachnids.

How many of these species are in my house right now?

What spiders aren't arthropods again Mr. Earth Science?

Xavius
Don't know. Alot of them you cannot see.

That's why it's only sixteen times a year.

And if you live in a House and you have property, there's at least one f*cking around somewhere.

$noopbert
Don't know. Alot of them you cannot see.

That's why it's only sixteen times a year.

And if you live in a House and you have property, there's at least one f*cking around somewhere. There's been one in the top left corner of my bedroom for the last year. Haven't swallowed him.

Xavius
There's been one in the top left corner of my bedroom for the last year. Haven't swallowed him.

I guess that's apparent proof you don't swallow sixteen spiders a year . . . or more.

^ Sarcashizzle.

$noopbert
I guess that's apparent proof you don't swallow sixteen spiders a year . . . or more.

^ Sarcashizzle. Or 4, or 57, or 1, or 211, or a pound.

Xavius
Or 4, or 57, or 1, or 211, or a pound.

Meh, it usually ranges around sixteen. The reported numbers are like fifteen or seventeen or eighteen, usually in the teen areas.

Hell, I've had a few people come into the Hospital that have found DEAD Spiders in their mouths when they wake up.

It's gross and creepy, and it happens.

TheFilmProphet
In the past, I've had a few spiders on seperate occasions drop on to me from my ceiling which I can easily picture attempting to enter my my mouth had I not been awake. Thus it is believable to believe the facts that Xavius has mentioned.

Opaleye92

nuh uh really? Dear God! Thats alot o spiders, i hate spiders! eekshockingscared

natashia
gross spiders are cool to look at (as long as you have lots of glass or plastic seperating you
but otherwise yuck
they belong outside.

Xavius
How many of these species are in my house right now?

What spiders aren't arthropods again Mr. Earth Science?

Oh, you edited your post? Let me re-reply here.

I'm sorry, but first of all: Who the hell said Spiders are not arthropods, Mr. Ninth grade?

Oh, I see. All Arthropods had a sensitivity to body heat.

^ WRONG!

Oh, BTW

There are hundreds beyond hundreds of Spiders in your house right now you can't see.

$noopbert
Oh, you edited your post? Let me re-reply here.

You do that.

No one did. Eleventh grade. smile

Breath. Where does it say body heat?

Prove it.

Xavius
You do that.

I just did.

You look small for an 11er.

Oh, so your breath doesn't exert the temperature of your body heat now?

It's a common fact, especially if you're living in a House. There are microscopic Spiders you cannot see.

Just because you cannot see something doesn't mean it isn't there.

$noopbert
I just did.

Go you!

So? I'm one year younger than most of my classmates. And? I sound like I'm 20+

Not sure actually, I won't pretend to be the doctor. But I'm faiirly certain the temperature of the mouth is different from the core body temperature, though since the exhaled stuff (Carbon Dioxide I think) comes from the lungs which is immersed in the core body temperature I'm not sure. It is still breath though... why keep ignoring that?

*chews crunchily* no expression

Like the breath they're supposedly afraid of.

Xavius
So? I'm one year younger than most of my classmates. And? I sound like I'm 20+

Wewt? no expression

It's change is very small while in-mouth. When out of mouth, it converts to the room temperature, which is why certain Spiders can get so close.

No one ignored it. You missed the point. Not all Spiders scatter from human breath. Some are adaptive to temperature and are so small, it doesn't even bother them (Also the speed of average human breathing comes into consideration when talking about the Arachnid actually sensing it.)

O RLY?

supposedly is taken into consideration . . . By you, hopefully.

Some are and some aren't. The balance of that ratio within North American spiders is a thin line.

lord xyz

no expression So much for God loving us then. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Xavius
Originally posted by lord xyz
So much for God loving us then. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bugs are dope shit.

lord xyz
No it does happen my friend, you forget that spiders explore all areas they come across.

Also, spiders do not recognize us as their predators. wink So a spider would go into a damp smelly place with sharp teeth, moving jaws, and a temperature of 37C/98.6F? hmm I doubt it.

Actually, the average american will swallow sixteen spiders within ONE year. Is this including or discluding spider eaters?

I'd like to know what calculations you did to come up with that conclusion. no expression

lord xyz
Bugs are dope shit. Bugs are Marijuana excretions?

Xavius
So a spider would go into a damp smelly place with sharp teeth, moving jaws, and a temperature of 37C/98.6F? hmm I doubt it.

Is this including or discluding spider eaters?

I'd like to know what calculations you did to come up with that conclusion. no expression

It's common ground.

The spiders you swallow are usually in-between 13-19 Spiders.

So, why not dive into the middle?

lord xyz
It's common ground.

The spiders you swallow are usually in-between 13-19 Spiders.

So, why not dive into the middle? And how would you know this?

Xavius
And how would you know this?

It's an approximate number based on the studies for average conclusions.

lord xyz
It's an approximate number based on the studies for average conclusions. May I see these studies?

Xavius
May I see these studies?

www.google.com

^

$noopbert
www.google.com

^ Surely a master of the facts such as yourself can directly cite sources?

Xavius
Surely a master of the facts such as yourself can directly cite sources?

An online source? Purely opinion, similar to you saying that swallowing approximately sixteen spiders a year isn't fact.

Notice how the articles you showed me were based purely on opinion? They weren't official, Snoopbert.

Use Google and search "Spiders in Mouth" or something.

That is an approximate number. It's well known. Just because you haven't heard it doesn't mean it's bullshit. That's logical fallacy.

$noopbert
An online source? Purely opinion, similar to you saying that swallowing approximately sixteen spiders a year isn't fact.

As long as you don't show any evidence, your shit is opinion too. "Nuff said.

lord xyz
I'd just like to mention that spiders aren't capable of crawling down a gullet. The person would have to swalow it, which isn't possible whilst asleep. If a spider went down my throat, (which is already improbable) I would cough it up, or choke. no expression

Xavius
As long as you don't show any evidence, your shit is opinion too. "Nuff said.

I expressed my opinion.

You managed to ask a few questions and showed the opinions of OTHER people.

You're a hypocrite who is proof less as well.

'Nuff said.

$noopbert
I expressed my opinion.

You managed to ask a few questions and showed the opinions of OTHER people.

You're a hypocrite who is proof less as well.

'Nuff said. Actually, the only hypocrite in here is you. Considering you rambled on for a page and tried to apss it off as fact, using supposed facts, then state it's opinion afterwards. Nice one, Mr. Earth Science.

Xavius
I'd just like to mention that spiders aren't capable of crawling down a gullet. The person would have to swalow it, which isn't possible whilst asleep. If a spider went down my throat, (which is already improbable) I would cough it up, or choke. no expression

Swallowing isn't possible while you sleep?

Hahaha!

Spiders aren't capable of crawling down the esophagus?

Everytime you breathe, it opens.

How often do you breathe, XYZ? Hmm?

SelphieT
MMMM, spiders, delicious!

lord xyz
www.google.com

^ That's a search engine, not a scientific website. no expression

An oppinion is whether you like something or not. It has NOTHING to do with assumptions and guess. Moron. no expression
Notice how the articles you showed me were based purely on opinion? They weren't official, Snoopbert. I don't think you know what opinion means.
Use Google and search "Spiders in Mouth" or something. Why? So I can talk to another moron who believes whatever shit people tell them, unless it's against their own upside-down ****ed up science?
That is an approximate number. It's well known. Just because you haven't heard it doesn't mean it's bullshit. That's logical fallacy. "Well known"? I don't think so, what with the number changing and all. roll eyes (sarcastic)

TOH

lord xyz
Swallowing isn't possible while you sleep?

Hahaha!

Spiders aren't capable of crawling down the esophagus?

Everytime you breathe, it opens.

How often do you breathe, XYZ? Hmm? So, let me get this straight, you're saying, when we breathe, our oesophagus opens? huh

Well I don't know about you, but I use my Trachea to breathe. wink

TOH
Originally posted by SelphieT
MMMM, spiders, delicious!
I think this one is hard to swallow

Xavius
I generate my own opinion. I don't go to other websites to fetch others.

When you stop misspelling "Opinion", take some time to read up on what it actually means, since you don't know the shit that comes out of your mouth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion

I've seen numerous facts that Spiders get swallowed that many times in a year. Hell, I get complaints from people in my hospital because of it.

"Well known"? I don't think so, what with the number changing and all.

It's an approximate number.

Yes, out of the Millions of Americans, every single one of them get sixteen. The number can't change, can it?

Disperse.

$noopbert
Keep up the hypocrisy.

Xavius
So, let me get this straight, you're saying, when we breathe, our oesophagus opens? huh

Well I don't know about you, but I use my Trachea to breathe. wink

Oh my great lord Jesus . . .

What the hell is an oesophagus?

It's "esophagus", dude.

Who said you didn't use that to breathe? I said the esophagus opens when you breathe.

Did I say the esophagus is what you use to breathe?

God . . . Go AWAY!

Xavius
Keep up the hypocrisy.

NEXT!

lord xyz
Originally posted by TOH
I think this one is hard to swallow Holy shit! scared

I'm scared... cry

lord xyz
I generate my own opinion. I don't go to other websites to fetch others.

When you stop misspelling "Opinion", take some time to read up on what it actually means, since you don't know the shit that comes out of your mouth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion

I've seen numerous facts that Spiders get swallowed that many times in a year. Hell, I get complaints from people in my hospital because of it.

"Well known"? I don't think so, what with the number changing and all.

It's an approximate number.

Yes, out of the Millions of Americans, every single one of them get sixteen. The number can't change, can it?

Disperse. Originally posted by Xavius
Oh my great lord Jesus . . .

What the hell is an oesophagus?

It's "esophagus", dude.

Who said you didn't use that to breathe? I said the esophagus opens when you breathe.

Did I say the esophagus is what you use to breathe?

God . . . Go AWAY! i'm sorry, but that's too funny to comment on. laughing out loud

TOH
Holy shit! scared

I'm scared... cry
I think you are safe now.. confused

You are not a mouse are you?

Xavius
i'm sorry, but that's too funny to comment on. laughing out loud

I was right, you were wrong.

You may leave now.

$noopbert
"I was right, you were wrong.

You may leave now."

Until you present proof, you're wrong. eek!

Xavius
"I was right, you were wrong.

You may leave now."

Until you present proof, you're wrong. eek!

So wait now . . .

It isn't spelt "esophagus" and the "esophagus" doesn't open when you breathe?

Damn, Science was wrong the WHOLE TIME! zOmg!111

$noopbert
Until you present proof, you're wrong. eek! Just following your "logic", mate.

TOH
offtobed

Xavius
Just following your "logic", mate.

The infamous Snoopbert begins running dry.

Already? Shit.

$noopbert
The infamous Snoopbert begins running dry.

Already? Shit. Nah, just tired of your feeding your vampiric-need for argueing.

EDIT: The "infamous"? lol Mkay.

Xavius
Nah, just tired of your feeding your vampiric-need for argueing.

EDIT: The "infamous"? lol Mkay.

It's "arguing".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/infamous

^ Read on.

$noopbert
It's "arguing".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/infamous

^ Read on. Thank you for being a spelling nazi. smile

And I know what infamous means. smile

Bloigen
Originally posted by TOH
offtobed

Agreed.

Xavius
Thank you for being a spelling nazi. smile

And I know what infamous means. smile

It's a bird!

It's a plane!

It's ASSUMPTIONBOY!

Who said you didn't know what it meant?

And you're welcome. SIEG HEIL!

$noopbert
It's a bird!

It's a plane!

It's ASSUMPTIONBOY!

Who said you didn't know what it meant?

And you're welcome. SIEG HEIL! Why else would you post the link. For looks?

Who said ur name was teh Xavius!1?!?!?uno

It's obvious.

Xavius
Why else would you post the link. For looks?

Who said ur name was teh Xavius!1?!?!?uno

It's obvious.

No, it's an assumption.

I didn't post the link because I thought you didn't know what it meant.

Unless you know more about me than I do. I doubt that. stick out tongue

$noopbert
No, it's an assumption.

I didn't post the link because I thought you didn't know what it meant.

Unless you know more about me than I do. I doubt that. stick out tongue Than what'd you post it for?

Xavius
Just for you to double check, t'sall. no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.