What Do You Desire?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
all joking aside what is it physical or spiritual or idealistic or factual that you desire ultimately{can be more than on thing} and after acheving, getting, seeing, feeling or knowing you feal like you will be completely satisfied?

debbiejo
Happiness........... smile Though I already have it....it just has its ups and downs.....It's called contentment in what situation you are in and being happy with who and what you are.....

smoker4
I desire macaroni pictures

cking
I desire not going to work today. shifty

BobbyD
Right now? A beer. sad

TGIF.

Roland
Originally posted by smoker4
I desire macaroni pictures

I desire a bowl of macaroni.

leonheartmm
for a fundamental human reality, this thread has far too little posts.

Bardock42
Originally posted by leonheartmm
for a fundamental human reality, this thread has far too little posts.

Why? It's happiness, end of story. Everyone does.

$noopbert
A few things I would care not to go into.

cking
I desire going to sleep right now which is impossible.

Bardock42
Originally posted by cking
I desire going to sleep right now which is impossible.

Going to sleep? Would that make you happy now?

cking
it sure would but I might miss work and I rather eat something and not sleep but I don't like eating late too early in the morning.

Imperial_Samura
all joking aside what is it physical or spiritual or idealistic or factual that you desire ultimately{can be more than on thing} and after acheving, getting, seeing, feeling or knowing you feal like you will be completely satisfied?

I believe one of the most basic, important and fundamental things a person can desire would be happiness - after all, things become rather bleak without it. Millions of dollars, Success, a 50 ft yacht - what does it mean if one is miserable?

Happiness would certainly be at the top of my list, and I have ways of achieving it - love, books, helping others, music and art and so on. I desire those things, but in the greater picture they are mere avenues to happiness.

The five other things that rate below happiness but are still things I desire in life:

Respect: I do hunger a bit for it. I am doing well so far, if it remains at such a level, or goes up some, then it will make me happy.

Success: Hmmm, means different things for different people, but in conceptual terms, for me, Success is a vindication of my abilities and my hard work.

Knowledge: It would be my holy grail... total knowledge. Totally impossible, but there is a strange satisfaction in thinking while I will never know anything, I will know know plenty.

Health: Pretty self explanatory.

Self Satisfaction: A bit arrogant yes, but I believe that when I eventually retire and look back that I desire the right to say: "Yes, you did a great job with your life so far. You should give yourself a pat on the back." And more importantly to mean it.

greenangel
Happiness and peace with myself.... angel

cking
enough money to get me through college.

Bardock42
Originally posted by cking
enough money to get me through college.

Hmm, would getting that money and being aboe to go through college make you happy?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Bardock42
Why? It's happiness, end of story. Everyone does. What about masochists?

cking
no but I wouldn't have to work as much. big grin

Bardock42
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
What about masochists?

They are happy when they are in pain.

xmarksthespot
What if I desire unhappiness?

Bardock42
What if I desire unhappiness?

You just don't.

xmarksthespot
You just don't. Don't dictate what I desire.. you.. you German dictator... miffed

Bardock42
Don't dictate what I desire.. you.. you German dictator... miffed

No, it's alright....if you want to be unhappy do so...you just don't.

xmarksthespot
No, it's alright....if you want to be unhappy do so...you just don't. Well now I do just to spite you.... but that would make me happy... so it's a desire I can never achieve.... which makes me unhappy... which makes me happy... which makes me unhappy...

Damn now I have a migraine.

Bardock42
Well now I do just to spite you.... but that would make me happy... so it's a desire I can never achieve.... which makes me unhappy... which makes me happy... which makes me unhappy...

Damn now I have a migraine.

Yeah, so what you thought would make you happy made you unhappy in the end.....ironic.

xmarksthespot
It's more an endless loop... like time travel headaches...

Bardock42
It's more an endless loop... like time travel headaches...

Nah, it isn't You have a little logical flaw there. Being unhappy shouldn't make you happy, since I never denied that you could be unhappy...I just denied you could want to be unhappy.

xmarksthespot
But I do want to be unhappy now... you've given me motive.

Bardock42
But I do want to be unhappy now... you've given me motive.

That won't be much of a problem. Since you are too ****ing stupid to understand what I meant in the first place, you dumbass, I doubt you will be happy for long anyways. Piece of shit.

debbiejo
Well now I do just to spite you.... but that would make me happy... so it's a desire I can never achieve.... which makes me unhappy... which makes me happy... which makes me unhappy...

Damn now I have a migraine. blink
That won't be much of a problem. Since you are too ****ing stupid to understand what I meant in the first place, you dumbass, I doubt you will be happy for long anyways. Piece of shit. I am now very happy...laughing in fact.... laughing out loud

xmarksthespot
That won't be much of a problem. Since you are too ****ing stupid to understand what I meant in the first place, you dumbass, I doubt you will be happy for long anyways. Piece of shit. Someone woke up on the wrong side of Germany today...

Bardock42
Someone woke up on the wrong side of Germany today...

You are not worth my time. So ****ing stupid.

debbiejo
Well first we need to take a deep deep breath....hold it for 10 mins. and slowly exhale.........Hey! I know, lets do it together....

one

two

three

GO.

That was fun....let's do it again........man, I'm likin this a lot....I'm gonna hold it longer this time.......

xmarksthespot
K... I got the mistake when you pointed it out... I just don't really care. erm
Didn't know it was this easy to provoke weird agro Bardock.. when you've been happily engaging "the thinker" for the better part of an hour.

Bardock42
K... I got the mistake when you pointed it out... I just don't really care. erm
Didn't know it was this easy to provoke weird agro Bardock.. when you've been happily engaging "the thinker" for the better part of an hour.

Oh, come on, you realized what I was doing, right? I love you man hug

Soleran
That won't be much of a problem. Since you are too ****ing stupid to understand what I meant in the first place, you dumbass, I doubt you will be happy for long anyways. Piece of shit.

Haha that made me happy, so funny, lol.

xmarksthespot
Oh, come on, you realized what I was doing, right? I love you man hug You can never tell with the German though... it's why I never play poker with them...

Bardock42
You can never tell with the German though... it's why I never play poker with them...

Okay, but you got it, right? We are cool. Just a joke. Sorry, I feel bad now.

xmarksthespot
Aww... you know I can never stay mad at libertarians...

Bardock42
Aww... you know I can never stay mad at libertarians...

I'm an evil German Capitalist though sad

xmarksthespot
That you are. That you are.

Bardock42
That you are. That you are.

And soo convinced too.

Blue nocturne

Peace of mind.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
Peace of mind.

Oh, would that make you happy?

xmarksthespot
Oh, would that make you happy? laughing out loud Are you going to say that to every response in this thread even if it something like "Eating babies."

Blue nocturne
Oh, would that make you happy?

Perhaps, but what really makes me happy is when others are happy too, that's how I am.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
Perhaps, but what really makes me happy is when others are happy too, that's how I am.

Cool, so basically when you help others to be happy you do that to be happy yourself? Yeah.Originally posted by xmarksthespot
laughing out loud Are you going to say that to every response in this thread even if it something like "Eating babies."

Nah....everyone knows that you8 only eat babies for happiness.

xmarksthespot
I certainly enjoy one every now and then. But only in moderation, they're high carb.

Arcana

*grumbles*

A new hardrive... and Rome Total War Barbians Expansion.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Blue nocturne
Cool, so basically when you help others to be happy you do that to be happy yourself? Yeah.

Pretty much, That's the only thing in life I like to do.

Arcana
Cool, so basically when you help others to be happy you do that to be happy yourself? Yeah.

Well that kills off the idea of true altruism lol.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Arcana

Indeed it does.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Arcana

Meh. I don't so much mind in the altruism debate whether someone is doing it and being made happy in the process or if someone is doing it solely out of a feeling of duty/responsibility. If the by product is something good for those who need it it is ok in my book.

And Rome TW: Barbarian Invasion is a great expansion. Though I can't wait for Medieval 2. From all I have seen and heard it is drool worthy.

But one with a heart of gold.

KidRock
All the blacks are in Africa and the mexicans in mexico? I guess ill take a coke.

Quiero Mota
all joking aside what is it physical or spiritual or idealistic or factual that you desire ultimately{can be more than on thing}

Just a few things....

2002 Dodge Viper (fire engine red)

2005 Saleen S-7 (canary yellow)

2003 Ferrari Enzo (black)

2005 Lamborghini Murcielago (blood)

2004 Lotus Elise (orange)

1957 Chevy Bel-Air (turquoise)

1958 Ford Thunder Bird (candy apple red with chrome trim)

and after acheving, getting, seeing, feeling or knowing you feal like you will be completely satisfied?

Does a bear shit in the woods???

Quiero Mota
double post

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by KidRock
All the blacks are in Africa and the mexicans in mexico? I guess ill take a coke.

??? Are you saying you desire a white only nation, or are you saying you desire something else?

Roulette

Complete happiness. Would be impossible, considering that no one can be happy at all times...but, still...I would like some sort of over-all contentment.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Roulette
Complete happiness.

no expression How many more times is somebody gonna say something like that? C'mon people, this isn't the Miss America Beauty Pagent....

Roulette
laughing out loud yeah, I know it's been said plenty of times, but that's honestly what I want. Been going through some rough times, can you blame me for wanting some contentment?

tabby999
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
??? Are you saying you desire a white only nation, or are you saying you desire something else?

its a quote from boondock saints...

and for me. probably love. not some mythical "true" love, but someone who isn't looking at me thinking "do i really want to be with this person." someone who is happy to be with me.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
no expression How many more times is somebody gonna say something like that? C'mon people, this isn't the Miss America Beauty Pagent....

Maybe not, but it's the truth. Even the cars you want you only want because they make you happy, right? Although complete happiness would probably not be such a great thing I think it'S basically what we all want to aquire.
Originally posted by KidRock

Haha, love it.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Love is what I got
It's within my reach
And the sublime style's still straight from long beach
It all comes back to you you're gonna get what you deserve
Try and test that you're bound to get served

What do I desire? 'Desire', my pretty one, desire? Ohh la la, mon cherie...ohh la la.

Anyway, all ye need in life is love, health, and happiness. That's where it's at, people. That's where it's at.

All those bling-bling cars, pimp'd-out pads, and Crystal-sippin' bitnitches aren't gonna get you higher to heaven. You need to find the one you love, hold her/him, partake in daily exercise - for your mind, body and soul - et voila! A happy face greets you each day as you wake and shake in the mornin'.

Word. It's da troof, yo.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by tabby999
its a quote from boondock saints...

Ah, color me "I'm with you now".

And what would be the point without it? I can say I would love to own a Picasso (one from his mid period), and owning one would make me happy. So much we do we do in the hope it will cause happiness, so on a subconscious level I believe that most people are striving towards a degree of happiness, or at least contentment.

After all, if you got the things on your list, what would be the emotional reaction? I am betting they would make you happy. So in a fashion you are desiring things that bring happines.

ILoveMyDaniel
I desire a series of happy and challenging times with Daniel now and from here on.

I desire a great life experience with Daniel sometime later on in life.

debbiejo
Complete happiness. Would be impossible, considering that no one can be happy at all times...but, still...I would like some sort of over-all contentment. It's a a state of mind.......that's all smile

I agree......damn you........hahha.........and you would ruin my pretty flower face............lol

debbiejo
I certainly enjoy one every now and then. But only in moderation, they're high carb. Nah.........too fatty.......If I'm gonna have some meat..........I like my flesh with some muscle.... stick out tongue

Soleran
I would like some sort of overall contentment.

I know I wouldn't want overall contentment, I love challenges. Over coming challenges is what I enjoy.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Soleran
I know I wouldn't want overall contentment, I love challenges. Over coming challenges is what I enjoy. Makes life go round....

debbiejo
then that makes you happy...............though this is an oxymoron stick out tongue

*checks xmark in to hospital*

xmarksthespot
I don't like hospitals...

Roulette
Originally posted by debbiejo
It's a a state of mind.......that's all smile

I have to stop being so negative^^ haha.

Originally posted by Soleran
I know I wouldn't want overall contentment, I love challenges. Over coming challenges is what I enjoy.

*nods* fair enough thensmile I guess life would be extremely boring if everything was in perfect order....but I still wonder what it would be like.

Alpha Centauri
Everything ever, excluding shit things.

-AC

Roulette
laughing out loud

mahasattva

I desire to be a great bodhisattva person. It is the most noble and self-fulfilling lives of greatest satisfaction and happiness in life. A bodhisattva is literally a living being (sattva) who aspires to enlightenment (bodhi) and carries out altruistic practices. The bodhisattva ideal is central practice to the Mahayana Buddhist tradition as the individual who seeks enlightenment both for him- or herself and for others. Compassion, an empathetic sharing of the sufferings of others, is the bodhisattva's greatest characteristic. It is shown in the following incident from the Vimalakirti Sutra which concerns a prominent lay follower of the Buddha who had fallen ill. When questioned about his illness, Vimalakirti replied, "Because the beings are ill, the bodhisattva is ill. The sickness of the bodhisattva arises from his great compassion."

It is held that the bodhisattva makes four vows expressing a determination to work for the happiness of others: "However innumerable sentient beings are, I vow to save them; however inexhaustible the passions are, I vow to master them; however limitless the teachings are, I vow to study them; however infinite the Buddha-truth is, I vow to attain it."

The vows, each of which commits the bodhisattva to the open-ended pursuit of a continually receding goal, may seem daunting. Buddhism asserts, however, that the path of the bodhisattva is not an otherworldly undertaking for people with unique gifts of compassion or wisdom. Rather, the life-condition of bodhisattva is inherent in the lives of ordinary men and women, and the purpose of Buddhist practice is to strengthen that state until compassion becomes the basis of all our actions.

In addition to compassion, the vows reflect the bodhisattva's commitment to self-mastery, to study and learning, to the attainment of wisdom. None of these, however, is pursued in a vacuum, merely to improve or adorn the self; at the base of all these efforts is always the determination to remove the sufferings of others, and to replace them with joy

LiL_GuRL23
Bardock42:--->> is right "happyness" is what i desire!

Osaka
I desire an end to american tyranny

debbiejo
I don't like hospitals... but the west wing is the happy place... stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.