Whos glad that Tim Burton didn't direct Superman Returns?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

.Dance_Inside.
I know I am.

he was going to cast Nicholas Cage as Superman and have his costum be Black and Sliver.
I would have actually walked to his house and kill him, if he changed the suit!

roughrider
Raised hand, right here.

He would also have taken away his power of flight, given him a supermobile and other gadgets...the insanity is too long for me to chronicle, now.

.Dance_Inside.
oh yeah thats right...man I would have freaked! if he did that...like I would have gone insane
It's just crazy talk, Tim Burton is crazy
yet brillant...but in this case..he's crazy

TheFilmProphet
You need not think about the actual film to be disturbed, only think Nic Cage as Superman...now that's fu*kin scary.

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
You need not think about the actual film to be disturbed, only think Nic Cage as Superman...now that's fu*kin scary.

Agree. Nick Cage + Tim Burton would have equaled soemthing like "The Corpse Son from Con-Air". Whoever suggested that little tag team over at WB should have immediately been fired.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by .Dance_Inside.
I know I am.

he was going to cast Nicholas Cage as Superman and have his costum be Black and Sliver.
I would have actually walked to his house and kill him, if he changed the suit!

Yeah I know.Burton is such an idiot.When given the chance to direct a comicbook film,he makes the most absurd ridiculous casting choices.He should NEVER have been allowed to go near a Batman movie.He made the worst casting choice in comicbook history casting Michael Keaton as Batman.Keaton was so miscast in that role because he looked nothing like the part.He would have made Superman Returns laughable as well because like you said,he would have cast Cage as the man of steel.Well at least he wasnt given the chance to Ruin the imiage of superman like he did Batman.Burton should never be allowed near a comicbook movie again.I can just imiagine how the die hard superman fans from ages past would have felt if Burton had been allowed to direct superman returns and they got stuck with the casting choice of Nicholas cage as Supes. They would have been so royally pissed the way batman fans were about keaton.

Now that I think about it I now remember that.Yeah I forgot about that part on how he was also going to have supes where a black and silver costume as well.Wow the die hard superman fans really got spared a nightmare.Burton needs to stay away from classic stuff like willie wonka,batman,superman ect.he ruins and betrays the source material.He needs to stick with his OWN stuff.

roughrider
I give Cage credit, in that he wanted to wear the suit and was angrily challenging Burton & Jon Peters on what they were doing - it's just he did a costume test, and looked creepy & wrong.

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by roughrider
I give Cage credit, in that he wanted to wear the suit and was angrily challenging Burton & Jon Peters on what they were doing - it's just he did a costume test, and looked creepy & wrong.

Well, if Cage actually did that, kudos to him. But I can only imagine how creepy he would have looked in the blue suit. I keep picturing him passed out in some Vegas back alley next to a fifth of gin and Elizabeth Shue. Up, up, and away!

.Dance_Inside.
LMAO! laughing
he's a joke.

TheFilmProphet

That credit is immediately taken away by the fact that he actually did a costume test. erm

roughrider
Cage may have been deluded, that he would have made a good Superman - he's a big comics fan - but his heart was in the right place.

TheFilmProphet
Cage may have been deluded, that he would have made a good Superman - he's a big comics fan - but his heart was in the right place.

His obsession with Supes got to him, it's why he named his son Kal-El. wink

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
His obsession with Supes got to him, it's why he named his son Kal-El. wink

Wow. I did not know that. That is definitely inching periously close to an emergency call to Child Protection Services.

.Dance_Inside.
did he actually name his son Kal-EL? hahahaha what a gouber

roughrider
And of course, his last name comes from his favourite character growing up - Luke Cage, Power Man.
He took it to make a name for himself away from his famous family, the Coppolas. Uncle Francis, cousins Sofia & Roman et all.
Nicolas Coppola is OK, to me.

pr1983
Burton wanted to do Doomsday, he at least deserves credit for that...

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by .Dance_Inside.
did he actually name his son Kal-EL? hahahaha what a gouber

yes

"His wife, Alice Kim Cage, gave birth Monday to a boy, Kal-El Coppola Cage, in New York City..."

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1180037

ugh i really don't like tim burtons style...his name shouldn't be anywhere near Supermans name

allofyousuckkk
he didnt ruin willy wonka, his version was closer to the book, and which batman movie did he screw up?

I cant believe he would put cage in a black and silver costume. He has never changed anything from what the classics were, i cant see him having done that. Is there a link to this info?

olympian
I prefer Burtuns style myself. Its more daring.

Silverstein
im SO glad burton didnt direct it. 95% of the movie would probably be about Lex Luthor or some other villain, and Superman's seens would be speechless or a monologue.

which the main cast would be composed of Depp, Keaton and Cage. and probably winona ryder...

Mr Parker
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
he didnt ruin willy wonka, his version was closer to the book, and which batman movie did he screw up?

I cant believe he would put cage in a black and silver costume. He has never changed anything from what the classics were, i cant see him having done that. Is there a link to this info?

sure he ruined it.His willie wonka was a disgrace and in case you did not know,to answer your question,he directed the first two batman movies batman 89 and batman returns,and he screwed those two movies up BIG TIME!!!!!

Mr Parker
I just got to bring this thread back to the top again. big grin

systemshock2
Has anyone ever seen the Nicolas Cage Superman test photos, or better yet, does anyone have those pics by any chance? It'd be pretty neat to see how he would've looked like as Superman.

roughrider
Can't find those photos anymore. They make my skin crawl, seeing Cage's face in the suit. wacko

You have some time to kill, check this link out. A reminder from Kevin Smith, about the lunacy of Jon Peters and what he was planning with Superman, before Bryan Singer took over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgYhLIThTvk&search=kevin%20smith%20superman

pr1983
Originally posted by Mr Parker
sure he ruined it.His willie wonka was a disgrace and in case you did not know,to answer your question,he directed the first two batman movies batman 89 and batman returns,and he screwed those two movies up BIG TIME!!!!!

Says you...

Originally posted by Mr Parker
I just got to bring this thread back to the top again. big grin

Umm... Why?

Kayne Archeron
Nicolas Cage would've been odd, but if there's one thing Superman needs it's a suit change

Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
Nicolas Cage would've been odd, but if there's one thing Superman needs it's a suit change

not at this point in the history of superman...just modifying the red, yellow, and blue like they did for S.R. is good enough....when the character of Superman is much much older than they can finally change the suit to like that black and silver one

MattDay
looks like he's slowly turning his costume into batmans without the mask, by the sounds of the black and silver and all that...

Mr Parker
Originally posted by pr1983
Says you...

Umm... Why?

Because I so much hate tim burton for what he did to batman and his horrid casting choice of keaton.I love it when I see someone else bashing him like this poster is. big grin

Kayne Archeron
Keaton did a good job as batman... if you're going to bash anyone's batman job, bash George Clooney's *barf*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.