Singer wants to do sequel in 2009...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
"Wrath of Khan style", and alien villian promised:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/supermannews.php?id=4535

.Dance_Inside.
OH GOD! I'm excited

redcaped
Please bring those people in black back!

roughrider
We're talking Darkseid or Braniac here...or both. Happy Dance

Timing works, too. Wonder Woman next year, Batman 2 in 2008, then Superman 2.

sithsaber408
Or Doomsday.

I want the Death of Superman for part 2, and Reign of the Supermen for part 3!

Jason can be superboy.

OB1-adobe
What do they mean by 'Wrath of Khan" style???

roughrider
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
What do they mean by 'Wrath of Khan" style???

It means an adversary from the past.
Hmm...

OB1-adobe
If its General Zod, I'm going to puke.

I want Brainiac.

In the future I also want MXY. That would be way better comic relief than Richard Pryor

snoopdogg
If they put Darkseid or even Doomsday into the next Superman movie that would kick @ss.

Lex is cool and all but somebody else needs to get in there.

.Dance_Inside.
they should have Brainiac yes

redcaped
I wore my red towel when I was little...check the sport forum. I deserve my petition. Here it is: next sequel - "Lost Convicts"...third movie - Luthor escapes, Supergirl + Brainiac...After that comes the other trilogy with Doomsday in the two last movies doing that kind of infiltration.

pr1983
Not a sequel... why not just a brand new movie? New story, new everything...

sithsaber408
Umm....

Cuz this one was tight, critics loved it, people loved it, and we want another one from Singer?

pr1983
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Umm....

Cuz this one was tight, critics loved it, people loved it, and we want another one from Singer?

Really? so why do so many critics hate it? Some people loved it, i even loved parts of it, but i wouldnt be surprised if alot of people wanted a fresh start...

With respect to Reeve and Donner, Superman has moved on since they came to the screen, maybe Singer should too...

sithsaber408
Really? so why do so many critics hate it?

confused

TIME loved it, Newsweek loved it, Rolling Stone loved it, Larry King loved it, MSN.com loved, 4/5 critics at AICN loved it, rottentomatoes.com loved it, superherohype.com's poll had 72% of people rating it 7/10 or higher, etc..

pr1983

Really? so why do so many critics hate it?

confused

TIME loved it, Newsweek loved it, Rolling Stone loved it, Larry King loved it, MSN.com loved, 4/5 critics at AICN loved it, rottentomatoes.com loved it, superherohype.com's poll had 72% of people rating it 7/10 or higher, etc..

I'm not american, so i havent seen half of those... erm i read irish newspapers & magazines, and of those that reviewed the movie tended to look past all the bull...

and wasnt bosworth voted the best lois lane recently? yeah, like that's accurate...

i'd give the movie 8 purely based on the visual effects, i think everyone had a few moments they liked in the movie, but as a whole? Imo not nearly as good as it could have been, or really should have been...

sithsaber408
Ahh....

It makes more sense now.

I didn't realize that it had gotten bad press around the world?

pr1983
Ahh....

It makes more sense now.

I didn't realize that it had gotten bad press around the world?

Not neccessarily bad, just 'could do much better'

We irish tend to be very frank, we don't mince our words, and sometimes it comes off the wrong way, we can seem over critical...

I would gladly pay to watch Superman Returns again simply for the visual effects (and i probably will during the week), but as far as the rest of the movie goes, i'd be lying if i said i wasn't more than a little disappointed...

sithsaber408
Well, I'm of Irish decent myself, and frankly:

I loved the film.

I agree though that it could have been JUST a little better, and it would have been a classic.

I gave it a 9, but I could see it as an 8.

As far as the films go, I rank them:

Superman: The Movie
Superman Returns
Superman II

I'm hoping that Singer will take what he established with this film and knock the next one out of the park "Wrath of Khan" style, as he's saying.

pr1983
Well, I'm of Irish decent myself, and frankly:

I loved the film.

I agree though that it could have been JUST a little better, and it would have been a classic.

I gave it a 9, but I could see it as an 8.

As far as the films go, I rank them:

Superman: The Movie
Superman Returns
Superman II

I'm hoping that Singer will take what he established with this film and knock the next one out of the park "Wrath of Khan" style, as he's saying.

Irish descent is a whole other kettle of fish... stick out tongue

just a little better? ok... well i disagree... i thought it needed to be quite a bit better... erm

and i hope a new director comes in and starts fresh... stick out tongue

TheFilmProphet
Will Hollywood blockbuster budgets continue to fly "up, up and away?" Not necessarily.

At least, not at Warner Bros. Pictures. After a $225 million "Pirates of the Caribbean" sailed into port, taking the wind out of "Superman Returns'" $205 million Spandex, Warner Bros. executives are said to be circumspect as to whether the Man of Steel will fly again.

Talent agency insiders with ties to the film tell TMZ that Warner Bros. Pictures president and COO Alan Horn has informed agents that a sequel hinges on whether grosses of "Superman Returns" can crest the $200 million mark domestically. What's more, the studio plans to shave millions - many millions - off any "Superman" sequel's budget. (Amusingly, in the current "Superman Returns," Lois Lane pleads with Lex Luthor, "But millions will die! " It turns out she was right on the money.)

As Variety's box office guru Ben Fritz noted last July 4th, "Superman Returns is off to a strong start, albeit not as fast as a speeding bullet. Warner Bros. superhero tent pole grossed a solid $52.5 million on its opening weekend and $74 million over the five-day Fourth of July frame."
Talent agency insiders, speaking on the condition of anonymity, insist that Horn is so concerned about being burned financially by ionospheric "Superman" special effects costs that any sequel's budget would cost far less than Bryan Singer's quarter billion dollar baby: a meager $150 million. That's a whopping $35 million less than its predecessor was green lit at, and roughly $55 million less than "Superman Returns" alleged final negative cost. So much for a getting a raise.

However, no one could blame Horn for being cautious. Despite opening at No. 1 in all its territories, overseas, the Man of Steel is starting to look just a bit rusty. The just-ended World Cup meant that Warner Bros. took a pass on European and Latin American territories, and its second weekend in release overseas, "Superman Returns" dipped 55% to take in $9 million from 1,800 prints in 14 markets.

Says one executive involved in the production and financing of "Superman Returns," "They can try and spin it as 'There are certain economies of scale that come from the making of the first one, blah blah blah. But the reality is, it's harder to play in a smaller sandbox and still push the envelope."

LINK

roughrider
It's not that big a deal to shave the budget, if you ask me. The first Star Trek was $40 million in 1979 - four times more than Star Wars - and though a success, it was considered lumbering and slow. The second film cost nearly a quarter of that - $11 million - was better, and made nearly the same amount as the first one.
And none of the Star Wars prequels cost more than $120 million; Lucas runs a tight ship finacially. And they look amazing.
Now that all that messy, wasted development is done, perhaps the infrastructure is in place to produce more Superman movies at a lesser cost.

TheFilmProphet
Well Lucas does own ILM, erm

I believe the budget cut will deliver a large negative impact on a Superman Returns sequel.

This sequel to SR would likely be near or around the same budget as the original Spider-Man in 2001....only in 2009. messed

redcaped
I will give an advice and I hope you share it with me. Are you a fan of Christopher Reeve or a fan of Superman. I wonder since when the actor became S! And if you talk about resemblance to the real S, look again.

If they pay the actors less next time and in 3-4 years the cgi will be even better they could just not use state-of-the-art cgi and just used what they did in this movie and the budget would go down by millions.

oh and for villains in the sequel(s). Next one should be brainiac or doomsday and then the 3rd should be Darkseid (Supermans ultimate foe imo)-Lex gets boring very fast

xmarksthespot
They'll have to pay the actors more if they want them to return. And thats a big if... particularly with Bosworth. I'd replace her.

chase el
they will all stay, who wouldnt wanna be in a superman movie.

And i dont like thise "wrath of khan" ish. That means Zod. Which also happens to make no sense whatsoever being that he is dead. I wanna see brainiac like everyone else

redcaped
They have "already" remade movie one. Sometimes I don't get ya.

roughrider
I hope it doesn't mean Zod, too. He's been done, like Lex has been done to death. If it was always the Joker in the Batman films, I think I would get bored of that, too.
Darkseid, Braniac, or Doomsday - c'mon, look at the rest.
No Metallo, please - it means more of that kryptonite plot stuff.

redcaped
A real Zod should beat your 3 choices together. Underestimating is Suicide.

roughrider
Since they are tight with the continuity of Superman I & II, it's an obvious problem to use Zod - he's dead.

NPC
Originally posted by roughrider
Since they are tight with the continuity of Superman I & II, it's an obvious problem to use Zod - he's dead.

Not necessarily, we didnt see him die, we only saw him fall into an icing pit with a crushed hand. Maybe all the villians are just frozen in an icy tomb inside the fortress of solitude? Did seem kinda of surprising to see superman killing them in 2.

If they re-hire Singer then Ill just have to kill him to stop him from ruining a sequel. Let the ghey go, his limp wrists' cant handle superman's action sequences. Jesus just go watch some smallville episodes they pack more action in 1hr. than SR did for 2 1/2 hrs. And ALOT of the smallville action sequences LOOKED BETTER!
For the love of god, you cannot judge this film if you havent seen what has been done on smallville or even the cartoons for that matter. Let alone the comics, SR was dog shit compared to what it SHOULD have been. An the box office is only proving this to be true, spidey films totally utilized the comics for material and they F-ing soared, SR didnt an look what happens.
Fire Singer or hes a dead man!

redcaped
If Bryan Singer listens to this guy they will probably experience the same failure and movie#1 will still be the best among the rest. Good Luck. I hope they listen to my request. I read part 3 was meant for Brainiac and Supergirl back in the 80s but they screwed. Why not doing the right thing this time. Part 2 is Zod.

roughrider
Originally posted by NPC
Not necessarily, we didnt see him die, we only saw him fall into an icing pit with a crushed hand. Maybe all the villians are just frozen in an icy tomb inside the fortress of solitude? Did seem kinda of surprising to see superman killing them in 2.

If they re-hire Singer then Ill just have to kill him to stop him from ruining a sequel. Let the ghey go, his limp wrists' cant handle superman's action sequences. Jesus just go watch some smallville episodes they pack more action in 1hr. than SR did for 2 1/2 hrs. And ALOT of the smallville action sequences LOOKED BETTER!
For the love of god, you cannot judge this film if you havent seen what has been done on smallville or even the cartoons for that matter. Let alone the comics, SR was dog shit compared to what it SHOULD have been. An the box office is only proving this to be true, spidey films totally utilized the comics for material and they F-ing soared, SR didnt an look what happens.

I don't care about Smallville - live action TV drama ranks below the big screen. They've gotten nutty with all the plots while never once letting Clark get in the suit.
Bryan Singer got to make SR because he did so well with the X-Men - look again at X2, if you think he can't do action. He will be involved in both franchises for a long time.

redcaped
I just want my General Zod or I'll be crying like a baby. I can't live with an old crappy movie.

pr1983
Originally posted by roughrider
I don't care about Smallville - live action TV drama ranks below the big screen. They've gotten nutty with all the plots while never once letting Clark get in the suit.
Bryan Singer got to make SR because he did so well with the X-Men - look again at X2, if you think he can't do action. He will be involved in both franchises for a long time.

x2? Seriously? singer as far as im concerned doesnt know how to make a superhero movie...

Boris
Would love to see another one.

Originally posted by NPC

You can't be serious in comparing the cgi in Superman Returns to the cgi in smallville...The only thing that even comes close to looking better on smallville than it did on the big screen is the Heat-ray vision. That shit looks great on smallville, everything else doesn't compare to SR....but don't get me wrong, i love smallville.

redcaped
Yes, don't get me wrong...I love the actor, but he's not S.

redcaped
Routh is S

chase el
Originally posted by redcaped
Yes, don't get me wrong...I love the actor, but he's not S.

Redcaped always comes up with my favorite responses

redcaped
I remember that scene from SV when he uses heat vision to melt the road! I want him to play green lantern. He's got that perfect face.

pr1983
Routh is S

he's a younger, less mature S maybe...

redcaped
No, it's not maturity. You're 10 years old and that should be your face for almost 20 years. It is the image you have or the actors in this case. I cannot say how Superman looks like, but I'm sure they've made the right choice.

MattDay
superman when all the emotional scenes aside is a darn good movie, the emotional scenes are for the girls!

redcaped
The emotional scenes gives reality...I would have felt the same.

pr1983
No, it's not maturity. You're 10 years old and that should be your face for almost 20 years. It is the image you have or the actors in this case. I cannot say how Superman looks like, but I'm sure they've made the right choice.

I'm not... i thought routh looked two young for the part... erm

redcaped
What Part?

pr1983
The part of Superman... especially given the fact it was a continuation of Superman II...

if it had been a young, starting off superman, then i think he'd have been fine...

sithsaber408
Yeah, but they did it for the simple reason that has to do with the title of this thread:

They want him and Bosworth for 2 more sequels, which will come out in 2009 and either 2011 or 2012.

They have to start off at 24 (same age Chris Reeve was in Superman: The Movie) so that the characters won't look too old in the next 6 years.

redcaped
Why won't Bryan Singer do the same other people did on Matrix...they were filmed consecutively. This is our year 2006...don't you think we should start acting wiser? Create the script for six movies and then you can have "all" about Superman's life. How about that guys? If you spend your time answering fan questions and not looking to your stuff failure is certain. A good advice from me...step on it, take the opportunity time has given you and use it well. Also make it the smart affordable way which is resume. I mean, first three movies 3 years each, after that another last three as one big movie in about 2 years.

redcaped
I'm not flaming...I just happen to come from the future in a way or the other from the past anyways. Fans, I think at the end of movie #6 Jason is wearing a golden suit in tights, made earlier by his father...take his father's body to space in a ship. He has developed the ability to transfer energy from his body (a power that S does not have) and this is the way to revive him. Something happens unexpectedly, after he awakes from death he looks to his son shining with lights and levitated. For the first time Jason has obtained flying abilities after saving the life of his father that worked in a way as a connection of two different poles. Concluding, they both fly away to the stratosphere. Again, this is just a brilliant idea from a humble fan...just one more fan and nothing more. Print This!

pr1983
Yeah, but they did it for the simple reason that has to do with the title of this thread:

They want him and Bosworth for 2 more sequels, which will come out in 2009 and either 2011 or 2012.

They have to start off at 24 (same age Chris Reeve was in Superman: The Movie) so that the characters won't look too old in the next 6 years.

Then, to be honest, they should have started again... not continued from superman 2...

redcaped
No, is doing well...just keep it up.

redcaped
And it is not from part 2...this one is part 2...I hope.

pr1983
And it is not from part 2...this one is part 2...I hope.

SR continued the story from superman 2...

and imo, continuing the story using routh and bosworth (two young actors), was a bit silly...

a new take would have worked better imo...

redcaped
No personal attachments. Everything is good both acting and story. Can you imagine SR as the first movie ever? I can and I find it even better and more skilled by interpretation.

redcaped
The title does not tell the movie but the story in it. Superman Returns is not from the old movies...it is all from the world the new movie brings.

pr1983
No personal attachments. Everything is good both acting and story. Can you imagine SR as the first movie ever? I can and I find it even better and more skilled by interpretation.

Ok... i don't agree, but ok...

The title does not tell the movie but the story in it. Superman Returns is not from the old movies...it is all from the world the new movie brings.

yet the world is directly influenced by the one created for the reeve movies...

redcaped
Yes, but not Reeve.

pr1983
Yes, but not Reeve.

Yet one of the main reasons routh was cast was his uncanny resemblance to reeve... erm

and reeve? for his time, he IS the definitive superman... he captured the essence of the character better than anyone before or after has ever managed...

redcaped
Nevertheless, this is apparently the new Superman and the one & only. Fan's requests are in it without any infliction. An infliction would be skipping Zod...my concern.

pr1983
Nevertheless, this is apparently the new Superman and the one & only. Fan's requests are in it without any infliction. An infliction would be skipping Zod...my concern.

a new superman that is still trying to emulate the old one...

what do you mean by fans requests?

Draco69
MORE. ACTION. THIS. TIME.

Superman didn't hit anybody.

We want to see Superman heat vision someone's ass.

pr1983
Originally posted by Draco69
MORE. ACTION. THIS. TIME.

Superman didn't hit anybody.

We want to see heat vision someone's ass.

AMEN!

redcaped
fan's request=emulate the old one

pr1983
fan's request=emulate the old one

I don't think that was the request of many fans to be honest...

NPC
Originally posted by 113
You can't be serious in comparing the cgi in Superman Returns to the cgi in smallville...The only thing that even comes close to looking better on smallville than it did on the big screen is the Heat-ray vision. That shit looks great on smallville, everything else doesn't compare to SR....but don't get me wrong, i love smallville.

The smallville portrayal of superspeed is head an shoulders above what SR did. SR DIDNT EVEN SHOW ANY SUPER SPEED MOVEMENTS WHAT SO EVER!!!
Only the part with the robbery, but it was crap, total crap. We see supes just out of frame then bam he's just there infront of the cops eating bullets. In smallville they would have panned the camera angle an followed supes AND the bullets in slow-mo as he stood infront an would see the 1st couple bouncing off his chest in slow-mo. An thats why SR is inferior not just effects looks, but camera angles an views,ect. Visual portrayals of super abilities,ect.
If there is an explosion in smallville the camera stays in the thick of the blast as supes eats the blast an we see flames licking around him while his clothing smokes! What do they do in SR? We see him falling from space from 1/2 a mile away, WHAT A CAMERA SHOT, HFS!
You remember the Hulk movie when the hulk was falling from space? The cut sequence was awesome in the HULK, compare that to SR falling from space sequence an tell me the SR one did suck, wasnt just plain an dull, boring an unimaginative, H$ly MOTHERF#CKING SHIT!!!!!!

redcaped
What are you talking about? Of course you can post anything, but think that SR should not be the only movie. Just let him reveal more later alright! And way much more to see of course.

MattDay
routh wasn't always emulating reeve, its just that's how the character should be, routh added his twist, fcuking idiots

redcaped
This answers all. From my last Wizard magazine, he is also a fan of Reeve.

pr1983
Originally posted by MattDay
routh wasn't always emulating reeve, its just that's how the character should be, routh added his twist, fcuking idiots

confused

he was emulating reeve... superman nowadays is quite different from who he was when reeve was around...

redcaped
Did you read about the suit for Jason? No one knows what's dealing with him. With a thick tissue, like a sport sweater specially designed to create a balance to his symptoms...is a solar panel. This is what he wears everyday and it only turns gold when is fully charged. You're talking about a sequel not this I know...just a little fun.-quit it

pr1983
Did you read about the suit for Jason? No one knows what's dealing with him. With a thick tissue, like a sport sweater specially designed to create a balance to his symptoms...is a solar panel. This is what he wears everyday and it only turns gold when is fully charged. You're talking about a sequel not this I know...just a little fun.-quit it

Ok, i'm genuinely confused, so i'm just gonna give up... erm

redcaped
trying me best...not harder!

Praylu
Originally posted by pr1983

he was emulating reeve...

yes

pr1983
trying me best...not harder!

Wh... Wh... What? confused

Originally posted by Praylu
yes

wink

redcaped
just trying my best for S

redcaped
I have a joke. I think Superman's icon means Singer now! Just kidding.

ooberstar
I think Singer wanted a springboard to bring the Franchise back to Screen. I think he got people's attention. However, MARVEL is making it's BIG PUSH with all it's characters on Screen. SPIDERMAN IS HUGE now.

Some things I would like to see in the sequel.

GET RID OF THE KID. LUTHOR KILLS HIM and WE MOVE ON.

Now, BRING IN BRAINAC. He is the only logical villain. DOOMSDAY should be saved for the fourth film. Darkseid should be in the Third Film and should be played by the guy who played Kingpin in Daredevil. I forget his name (Duncan?). He has the build and the voice. I'm not much for PC but he made an excellent Kingpin.

EIther way, THE KID SHOULD DIE, Richard should die too.

pr1983
Originally posted by ooberstar
I think Singer wanted a springboard to bring the Franchise back to Screen. I think he got people's attention. However, MARVEL is making it's BIG PUSH with all it's characters on Screen. SPIDERMAN IS HUGE now.

Some things I would like to see in the sequel.

GET RID OF THE KID. LUTHOR KILLS HIM and WE MOVE ON.

Now, BRING IN BRAINAC. He is the only logical villain. DOOMSDAY should be saved for the fourth film. Darkseid should be in the Third Film and should be played by the guy who played Kingpin in Daredevil. I forget his name (Duncan?). He has the build and the voice. I'm not much for PC but he made an excellent Kingpin.

EIther way, THE KID SHOULD DIE, Richard should die too.

Michael Clarke Duncan...

and i agree with your last line 100%...

redcaped
The kid is S's not Richard's and he won't die, he will revive his father after the fight with Doomsday.

pr1983
imo superman shouldn't have a son... period.

redcaped
but he does

Praylu
imo superman shouldn't have a son... period.

Precisely, yes

pr1983
but he does

Unfortunately... erm

Originally posted by Praylu
Precisely, yes

*takes a bow* big grin

i liked the kid angle in SR, it sets up the reviving of superman when doomsday finally kills him in a sequel which is far off (10 years)...it was a smart idea to introduce "superboy" in this first remake imo...

i also think Michael Clarke Duncan should NOT be Darkseid...they would really need to think long and hard about who they'd want to cast as darkseid...i think it would be wisest to cast unknowns, or "rookie-celebrities" for all major roles in future Superman movies (much like they did for this film)

MattDay
this is how close the success of superman is to batman begins...

41 days after release for both films tally up: -

Superman Returns = $657,821 on that day, Total* = $190,176,570

Batman Begins = $588,427 on that day, Total* = $191,693,621

*Total at 41 days

See how close they are in their success at the box office!

smiley8
They should have Zod and the othe other two kryptonians come out and kill Jason so Supes goes crazy and then we have scenes that show the whole city getting destroyed as the battle rages......... if not Zod then have Doomsday kill Jason and then have the battle. Either way we defnitly need more action!

redcaped
Look pal, Jason won't die S will and then revived by J. Got the Formula? About Zod and comrades...I'm just tired seeing them like flying sticks with childish behaviour. It is time for the perfect second sequel. Only if they agree of course, but is a good idea.

MattDay
one of many good ideas redcaped... i know how much you want it to go that way, and you know i prefer it go the darksied braniac doomsday route

redcaped
Cool, there is plenty of time for them with 6 movies. This is a new world and they shouldn't be deleted from the story. Did they mention them...Is the world still in one piece? Obviously that hasn't happened.

smiley8
But is it worth having S supposedly die again. I know he didn't die in returns but was in a coma but the whole world thought he was dead, surely they cant have him dying again and then being revived....... plus have they said there will be six movies?

MattDay
a trilogy is the likely answer to that

redcaped
I'm just suggesting having 2 trilogies so the can bring all there is. I mean, this is the best super hero and the least he deserves. After that we won't be hearing about it for ages to come...now is the time to take advantage, real S fans.

MattDay
hmmm maybe but 2 trilogies will easily span 20 years of film making you do know that right redcaped? that's long enough by any standard

redcaped
I find 1 trilogy too short for superman. I think they can be made in less time. 6 movies just like star wars and the fight to death with Doomsday from movie 5~6 sort of "to be continued" thing

MattDay
true depends on how they want to go about it

Mainstream
Originally posted by .Dance_Inside.
they should have Brainiac yes

indeed dear chum

chase el
redcaped, why do you keep saying jason will revive superman. and why is he going to be gold. where are you coming up with that arc?

there cant be six movies. I think they should finish this trilogy. and start over. Do a birthright film. That was a GREAT story. Follow the comic storyline just like Batman is doing. They are screwing themselves up in the long run

redcaped
Hey, I just wanna make friendship with Bryan Singer and Co. Offer my best thoughts because I love S. There's nothing wrong about that. I think my ideas are great.

pr1983
Originally posted by chase el
redcaped, why do you keep saying jason will revive superman. and why is he going to be gold. where are you coming up with that arc?

there cant be six movies. I think they should finish this trilogy. and start over. Do a birthright film. That was a GREAT story. Follow the comic storyline just like Batman is doing. They are screwing themselves up in the long run

They can't do birthright, the the story (as good as it is), is too similar to sr... another origin movie, even if its the start of a new trilogy, would be a bad idea imo...

the next time i see lex i want him to be wearing his big green battle suit...

redcaped
let part 2 be a better part 2...okay

redcaped
Go on Bryan...make that sequel!

chase el

the next time i see lex i want him to be wearing his big green battle suit...

yes i want to see the battle suit as well

hermione7
can't wait for the sequel.. but so long 2009?

roughrider
Originally posted by hermione7
can't wait for the sequel.. but so long 2009?

Three years is a standard time for films with big, complicated VFX. It's hard as hell to get them out in two years time. Plus, you want to whet the appetite of the public.

smiley8
Plus DC are putting Batman out in 2008 and the plan was for Wonder Woman in 2007 , (whats happening with that?) cos usually DC only put out a movie a year

redcaped
Will it take a year to know the answer...maybe more?

smiley8
probably cos i dont think they've even cast yet so i doubt it will be ready for 2007 and if Batman is for 2008, then WW maybe put for 2009 and S for 2010! Just have to wait and see!

MattDay
i think wonder woman will be held off til 2010 onwards due to batman and superman being established again, they need to keep them to a time scale very much like what is said so far, wonder woman is the next project to begin after these two have cemented sequels... any other way seems illogical of warner brothers

smiley8
Sounds bout right

pr1983
well i think ww depends entirely on whedon finishing the script... and apparently he has charisma carpenter ready to be in it and all...

it could be sooner than we think...

MattDay
for a 2007 release... get real partner

roughrider
Originally posted by MattDay
i think wonder woman will be held off til 2010 onwards due to batman and superman being established again, they need to keep them to a time scale very much like what is said so far, wonder woman is the next project to begin after these two have cemented sequels... any other way seems illogical of warner brothers

Joss Whedon is not waiting until 2010 to finish this project. The timetable is still 2007 for Wonder Woman. When they finally annouce the casting, they will be shooting.
If it doesn't come out next year, that leaves a hole in DC's/Warner Bros. schedule, where they try to get out one major film a year. The next Batman isn't until 2008, and no other DC project (Flash, Green Lantern Etc.) is even in pre-production right now.

redcaped
The first Flash looks so cool! Routh won't be playing S for more than 6 times I think, but it would be great to see the original Justice League Society as a 7th movie once we get all the cast for those movies.

MattDay
well considering they said themselves that they are putting a lot of money into batman and superman, they arent going to chuck another one in yet until whedon is ready, no cast means another year of looking, no script been completed yet means keep dreaming, a story needs to be instated first before anything else is considered, rather they'd wait otherwise it will get overlooked by batman and superman's films, as, once again i say, have just been established and have recouped about the same in profit, so no wonder woman for a while, no matter how much u can just start throwing in random points... making movies takes time and 2007 for a film with no script and a rumoured actress for one part isn't a bright star to follow matey

redcaped
Is it Zod finally for the sequel? Is he alone? I want to rest assured.

redcaped
I saw SR again last night and that picture Jimmy took holds something interesting.

MattDay
go on...?

redcaped
The picture? To me it looked like a black figure. And Lois is also freaking me a bit. When she's "upon the roof" for a moment she took a very particular pose that reminded me of Ursa, just after S blew her cigarette lighter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.