Sentry vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
who wins this battle of Titans....... Oh by the way its warrior madness Thor........

rotiart
I don't know. But I want the comic. As of late I tire of Thor comics, and I've been loving the spin on Sentry.

I'll say Sentry. Just cause of the character background. stick out tongue

Tassadar
Which Thor? Normal or Rune King? Sentry beats normal Thor.

JOE NUNEZ
Warrior madness Thor....

rotiart
Sentry attacks Thor, and flies straight at the sun. Sentry keeps getting stronger while Thor does. Poop.

JOE NUNEZ
Is Sentry affected by magic?

rotiart
Nope. He isn't superman.

JOE NUNEZ
Well then, this would be Thors greatest fight....

JOE NUNEZ
can Sentry survive a God blast?

JOE NUNEZ
?

Brutacus
Don't know he didn't get hit by one yet or did he???

galan7777777
who is sentry, does ne1 have a pic of him?

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by galan7777777
who is sentry, does ne1 have a pic of him? Sentry is a Marvel version of Superman.baby

galan7777777
Originally posted by JOE NUNEZ
Sentry is a Marvel version of Superman.baby do u have a pic or anything? i just cant place him

celestialdemon
do u have a pic or anything? i just cant place him

Here he is.

http://img282.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0205sr.jpg

Priest
WM Thor wins

Skeets
Originally posted by rotiart
Sentry attacks Thor, and flies straight at the sun. Sentry keeps getting stronger while Thor does. Poop.
What?Originally posted by rotiart
Nope. He isn't superman.
Oh really got any proof of this?

galan7777777
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Here he is.

http://img282.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0205sr.jpg ohhh ok now i know who it is, but has he accomplished any amazing feats like superman has? because i heard he was retconned

Priest

Who said thats even True.

galan7777777
sentry seems very much like hyperion, and gladiator........all were based on superman

Darth Vegas
Hell, Sentry battled Galactus to a stalemate.

Sentry easily beats Thor.

Validus
Thor is more powerful than Sentry. Prove me wrong.

ninja

BlaqChaos
sentry seems very much like hyperion, and gladiator........all were based on superman Yes, and Superman was based on Captain Marvel, so what's your point?

Validus
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
Yes, and Superman was based on Captain Marvel, so what's your point?
How does that work?

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by Validus
Thor is more powerful than Sentry. Prove me wrong.

ninja

Sentry's power is essentially limitless. Is Thor's?

Sentry went toe-to-toe with Galactus in his miniseries and didn't even flinch.

I think Thor's out of his league here.

Validus
Originally posted by Darth Vegas

I think Thor's out of his league here.
How can we say Sentry didn't flinch when the fight was never shown on a panel and the only reference to it was an offhand comment by Spider-Man?

Thor has an on panel victory over Galactus so thats one point in his column.

JOE NUNEZ
Its warrior madness Thor lads.....

badabing
Where's the love for Mighty Thor?

rotiart
I still say Sentry drops Thor into the sun like the collective.

So far Sentry's used the sun as his personal trash can for enemies 2 times. Why not make it a third.

Btw. Sentry made Terrax crap his pants.

Darth Vegas
How can we say Sentry didn't flinch when the fight was never shown on a panel and the only reference to it was an offhand comment by Spider-Man?

Did you read the miniseries?

Flinching or not, a stalemate against Galactus is a stalemate nonetheless.

And how is a character's on panel comment any less proof than an on panel picture?

Also, can you provide a pic of that on panel victory of Thor over Galactus?

Longinus

Can someone tell me how Thor can hang with Galactus, let alone beat him when Thanos hands him and people above him i.e. Surfer their asses and Thanos himself hangs with Odin, Thors superior in all areas? confused

rotiart
The WHOLE Warrior madness Thor was complete PIS in my opinion. Thor along with several other characters could never handle Thanos before... and all of a sudden does it on his own.

Validus
Did you read the miniseries?

Flinching or not, a stalemate against Galactus is a stalemate nonetheless.

And how is a character's on panel comment any less proof than an on panel picture?

Also, can you provide a pic of that on panel victory of Thor over Galactus?
I read the mini series which is how I know it didn't take place on panel. The reason an offhand comment is less proof is because we don't know it happened. For all we know, Sentry could have used tech to stalemate Galactus like Reed always does or been amplified by some power source. We don't know so we don't use it.

Alpha FLight also beat Galactus but it's not like anyone around here besides King Mungi ( stick out tongue) goes around saying they can do that all the time.

Validus
Originally posted by Longinus
Can someone tell me how Thor can hang with Galactus, let alone beat him when Thanos hands him and people above him i.e. Surfer their asses and Thanos himself hangs with Odin, Thors superior in all areas? confused
Thor used the God Blast on Galactus. That would put Thanos down too.

thedude1948
I agree That Stalemating Galactus quote is very vague. Galactus could've been starving when they fought.
Right now I would pick Sentry unless Thor can handle being thrown into the sun.

batdude123
Sentry is so overated on these forums it makes me want to puke. sick

WM Thor wins.

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by batdude123
Sentry is so overated on these forums it makes me want to puke. sick

Almost as overrated as a certain Kryptonian. big grin

JOE NUNEZ
Almost as overrated as a certain Kryptonian. big grin eek!

batdude123
Almost as overrated as a certain Kryptonian. big grin

Yeah because everyone goes around saying things about him that aren't true with hardly ANY feats to back claims. roll eyes (sarcastic) Give me a break. Sentry hardly has any feats to go off of, and yet people are saying he can stalemate Galactus. erm People don't go around saying Superman can stalemate Galactus. And forget what Spider-man said, cuz I know that's all people have to go on. roll eyes (sarcastic) As Val was saying, there could've been outside influences in the fight. We don't know anything, so it's DISCARDED.

Oh, and Superman wrestled Asmodel.... no expression

Darth Vegas
People don't go around saying Superman can stalemate Galactus.

That's because Superman can't.

JOE NUNEZ

wow confused

batdude123
That's because Superman can't.

And neither can Sentry. wink

batdude123
wow confused

Exactly. no expression

Psyquis52
Yeah because everyone goes around saying things about him that aren't true with hardly ANY feats to back claims. roll eyes (sarcastic) Give me a break. Sentry hardly has any feats to go off of, and yet people are saying he can stalemate Galactus. erm People don't go around saying Superman can stalemate Galactus. And forget what Spider-man said, cuz I know that's all people have to go on. roll eyes (sarcastic) As Val was saying, there could've been outside influences in the fight. We don't know anything, so it's DISCARDED.

Yeah? so what? Aunt May talked down to Dr. Strange. Suck on that.

For the most part I agree. Sentry taking on Galactus? C'mon. Sounds like more bull**** to me.

batdude123
Originally posted by Psyquis52
For the most part I agree. Sentry taking on Galactus? C'mon. Sounds like more bull**** to me.

Yup. wacko Hell, we don't even know if Spider-man was lying through his geeky little teeth... erm

Darth Vegas
Yup. wacko Hell, we don't even know if Spider-man was lying through his geeky little teeth... erm

Yeah, I guess everyone in the Sentry's entire miniseries were all telling Paul Bunyan-esque tales about a character that Marvel thought was so powerful that they retconned their entire history just for him.

Validus
How is the awe Marvel heroes showed for Sentry any different than the awe Superman inspires in DC?

Darth Vegas
Well, for one, I highly doubt that the Hulk would think highly enough of Superman to want to be Supes' sidekick. wink

MJOILNIR
As of right now Sentry has no feats better than Thor or even equal to anyway. Sentry stalemated Galactus, so what Thor sent him packing and even Galactus said so. Thor's defeated ego, he's absorbed energy equal to the sun, in fact he made a living sun out of the energy. that should put the whole "fling into the sun" deal. Thor could put sentry away.

JOE NUNEZ
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
As of right now Sentry has no feats better than Thor or even equal to anyway. Sentry stalemated Galactus, so what Thor sent him packing and even Galactus said so. Thor's defeated ego, he's absorbed energy equal to the sun, in fact he made a living sun out of the energy. that should put the whole "fling into the sun" deal. Thor could put sentry away. You are brave.clapping

MJOILNIR
Ah, somebodys gota get thrown to the wolves. Midaswell be megunsmilie

JOE NUNEZ
You made sense..

MJOILNIR
You made sense..
Thanks. Thor has also cracked a celestials armor, lifted the midgard serpant, smashed planetoids, screwed with time, ect. Useing the sun for a trash can is a easily produced feat by many characters and not at all impressive to me.

Validus
Well, for one, I highly doubt that the Hulk would think highly enough of Superman to want to be Supes' sidekick. wink
Which was explained to be because Sentry emits yellow sunlight. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Vegas
Which was explained to be because Sentry emits yellow sunlight. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thanks for the obvious. roll eyes (sarcastic)

joesha28
I still say Sentry drops Thor into the sun like the collective.

So far Sentry's used the sun as his personal trash can for enemies 2 times. Why not make it a third.

Btw. Sentry made Terrax crap his pants.

He sure can try, after all Thor went INTO the sun to meet Atum. Sure i believe Thor will lay a smakedown on Sentry after Bob pushes Thor into the sun.

joesha28
I believe Sentry cld be on Superman level.

MattDay
Sentry omits sun light? well he would never fair well against superman if they ever met, it would be like mini sun dips for superman during the fight.

back on topic... ugh hum!

Thor wins, he got a lot going for him as basically possible... well the basic truth is thor has the majority... YAH! Jumpy

Darth Vegas
From Marvel.com:

The Sentry's abilities derive from an experimental serum that creates a phase-shift in his molecules, causing each atom to step an instant ahead of the current time line. The serum induces a photosynthetic reaction, resulting in a hyper state of consciousness. Though most of his powers and their limits are still unknown, examples he has demonstrated so far are super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability, and flight.

The Sentry can also project energy fields, control light, and has vast psychic and mental forces mainly used for holding his physical powers together, though it is not yet known whether the Sentry can use them the way Professor X and other psychics use theirs; the only psychic abilities he had displayed so far is implanting his memories inside Paul Jenkins' mind and calming the fury of the Hulk.

It may be theorized that the Sentry also has the ability to produce hard-light constructs similar to those of Dazzler's when it was revealed that the Void is a just an expression of his repressed persona, and thus his creation. With the people dubbing The Sentry as the world's most powerful superhero, and with the serum causing a photosynthetic reaction to his body, completely altering his state of consciousness, it is nonetheless conceivable that Sentry's powers are limitless, and may even rival those of the Silver Surfer's and Phoenix's. In effect, the Sentry's powers are seemingly limitless.

Empowered by the enigmatic Professor's secret formula, high school student Robert Reynolds became a superhuman. After trouncing the school bully who had tormented him, Reynolds sewed together a costume and made his debut as the heroic Sentry. One of very few super heroes active during the years just prior to the Fantastic Four's emergence, Sentry gained new importance when the new wave of heroes rose to prominence. Almost instantly deducing Spider-Man's secret identity, Sentry became a role model for the young hero, as well as an ally to the X-Men, an equal to Reed Richards and a friend to the outcast Hulk. The Sentry even battled Dr. Doom alongside the Fantastic Four and defeated his greatest enemy, the General, with the X-Men's aid.

joesha28
Ok...so?

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by joesha28
Ok...so?

For the folks who might be unfamiliar with the Sentry, since there were some posters in this thread who didn't know what exactly his powers were or how he came to be.

Is there a problem?

Darth Vegas

Ok.....so? roll eyes (sarcastic)

the Darkone
Thor feats are>>> Sentry who has none at this time, Thor has survive a planetary explosion, and a trip into the sun to awaken his half-brother Atum the God-eater, took a heavy doses of pisonic energy from ego and wasn't even faded. Sentry is to damn afraid of his damn shadow right now, Thor will put sentry on his ass. And since this is Warrior Madness Thor 10x Sentry is dead before the fight begins.

manorastroman
it bugs the **** out of me when people disregard sentry for lack of feats.

C'MON PEOPLE! he's only been in existence for a few months yet he's already punked iron man twice, beat a super-adaptoid psionically, had his alter ego completely shatter the hulk, punked terrax, punked attuma, stalemated genis, stalemated the collective (twice)...

give him some respect already.

MattDay
yea he is truly brilliant, but still dont see thor's name on the list or any other "considered" big hitters

batdude123
Ok...so?

EXACTLY!!! laughing

batdude123

Yep. COULD be....

And it's funny that most people want to jump on his bandwagon especially since he lacks FEATS!

batdude123
Originally posted by manorastroman

C'MON PEOPLE! he's only been in existence for a few months yet he's already punked iron man twice, beat a super-adaptoid psionically, had his alter ego completely shatter the hulk, punked terrax, punked attuma, stalemated genis, stalemated the collective (twice)...

1. Let's not get confused here. He's been around since the year 2000.

2. It is out of a lack of feats that I get irritated when everybody just WANTS to believe that he's above Superman when he hasn't even shown that he is. roll eyes (sarcastic) Yeah, Superman has outlandish feats as well. Except he has even MORE outlandish feats than that, and he's been doing it LONGER!!!

sexyking

2. It is out of a lack of feats that I get irritated when everybody just WANTS to believe that he's above Superman when he hasn't even shown that he is. roll eyes (sarcastic) Yeah, Superman has outlandish feats as well. Except he has even MORE outlandish feats than that, and he's been doing it LONGER!!!

Amen my friend Amen.

As i have stated over and over again Sentry=Overated Rip of.Wm Thor rips his head of.

Faceman
Here you go xmeat...

xmeat

I think Thor's out of his league here. sentry fighting big G laughing laughing laughing

D-Block
I like Sentry and a Fight against Thor would be good but I think Thor would win. And since this is WM Thor he wins for sure.

beta ray bob
yay god of thunder ftw

Soujaboy

Can you go declare our match officially over please. smile

TricksterPriest
For whoever commented about WM Thor suddenly hanging with Thanos when Thanos was previously handing his ass to him, WM Thor also had the power gem at the time. Which means his strength was not just 10x, it was 100x higher. And Thanos STILL kicked his ass.

Obviously RK Thor and WM Thor clobber Sentry. Regular Thor is harder to call. Personally, I think some of the retconning for the Sentry was bullshit. Like the radiation that calms Hulk. I can deal with most of it, but that one never sat right with me. As of right now, Thor>Sentry. I can say that Sentry would make Thor work for it, and with the Void powers he might almost beat Thor. But I still think Thor would win it in the end.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
For whoever commented about WM Thor suddenly hanging with Thanos when Thanos was previously handing his ass to him, WM Thor also had the power gem at the time. Which means his strength was not just 10x, it was 100x higher. And Thanos STILL kicked his ass.

Obviously RK Thor and WM Thor clobber Sentry. Regular Thor is harder to call. Personally, I think some of the retconning for the Sentry was bullshit. Like the radiation that calms Hulk. I can deal with most of it, but that one never sat right with me. As of right now, Thor>Sentry. I can say that Sentry would make Thor work for it, and with the Void powers he might almost beat Thor. But I still think Thor would win it in the end.

To begin with, Thor through the entire Blood and Thunder arc was never stated to be 10x stronger than his base strength. This is only speculation and rumors started by posters throughout debates. Secondly Thor did possesses the power gem, but like Champion he had no idea how to properly use it. It may have made him stronger, but to say 100x stronger is baseless, and pure speculative. Also, Thanos in no way "kicked" his ass. he defeated Thor through making use of his prep.

There is no difference between WM Thor, and Classic Thor besides mind sets. Thor potentially could duplicate the feats performed in Blood and Thunder if written at his highest.

bigbran

I think Thor's out of his league here. laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing
Wow... even about 6 months ago, there was this much bullshit?

FearOfBlood

hulk can't get stronger in Sentry's presence because of Sentry calming effect -aura- on him, so nothing really impressive beating him badly when he can't really fight

FearOfBlood
said that :Thor wins at least 6/10

FearOfBlood
Yep. COULD be....

And it's funny that most people want to jump on his bandwagon especially since he lacks FEATS!

co-signed

(BTW: his series where Spidey said he once stalamated Galactus, was not a comic inside Marvel comics ? i believe it's not canon)

h1a8
Thor easily wins this. I have a couple of comics with Sentry and they both show that he is highly vulnerable to physical attacks. Iron man busted his nose with blood with one punch. Hulk hugged him in a playful manner and hurt him (note: Sentry's reaction).
One hit from that hammer (which is many times more devastating that iron man punches) and he is out for the count.

Blind
have we really seen Sentry do anything worthy of talking about? So far, all I've seen is a bunch of talk in the comics, but not actually seen him do anything.

So I say Thor until I see somthing good that proves that he actually did do something.

Blind
I mean, yeah, he beat up Wolverine. Big whoop, people tend to do that once in a while. Especially when he "hits like galactus" but aside from that... what??? What's he really done?

h1a8
Originally posted by Blind
I mean, yeah, he beat up Wolverine. Big whoop, people tend to do that once in a while. Especially when he "hits like galactus" but aside from that... what??? What's he really done?

Get his nose busted by Iron Man and hurt by a playing Hulk.

Soujaboy
Thor

tjcoady
Has anyone ever actually read the original Sentry miniseries?

The Void stalemated and was beating Thor, along with Storm, Ms. Marvel, Cap, the Hulk, most of the FF, other X-Men, Spiderman, Doctor Octopus, Doc Samson...

if we accept that miniseries as true, and that the Void, as simple part of the Sentry's power capable of doing that, then Sentry wins this, easily.

dvampire
Then if Sentry uses the void, then Thor busts out it his odin powers, making him the winner!

LORDSIDIOUS01
Sentry is a poser, He lost to Iron Man. Thor wins.

tjcoady
Originally posted by dvampire
Then if Sentry uses the void, then Thor busts out it his odin powers, making him the winner!

Sentry doesn't USE the Void... he IS the Void.

Even though I think the Sentry would win this fight, I have a hard time thinking he should be used in Versus' forums at all. The original Jenkins' miniseries established the Sentry not really as a character so much as an ideal, a representation of an era; he was meant to symbolize the loss of the Golden Age of comics, as it gets replaced with a dark, twisted version of itself. He's supposed to be the ultimate representation of the comic book hero, which is why he's so driven by the Superman look and characterization.

manorastroman
sentry is getting underestimated (again). iron man didn't beat sentry. read the issue. iron man used CLOC to overload sentry's brain. and sentry was tossing the crap out of iron man before he pulled that.

sentry has: annihilated terrax and carnage, overcome strange's magic, taken out all of the inhumans (except blackbolt) at the same time...

and the void's done even better. completely destroying hulk, breaking a shield that was made by a prepped invisible woman, iron man, and doctor strange...

Blind
any scans to back up the sentry talk?

Soujaboy
sentry is getting underestimated (again). iron man didn't beat sentry. read the issue. iron man used CLOC to overload sentry's brain. and sentry was tossing the crap out of iron man before he pulled that.

sentry has: annihilated terrax and carnage, overcome strange's magic, taken out all of the inhumans (except blackbolt) at the same time...

and the void's done even better. completely destroying hulk, breaking a shield that was made by a prepped invisible woman, iron man, and doctor strange...

Ooo, I guess Thor should shake in his boots. roll eyes (sarcastic)

xmeat
thor kicks his ass.

xmeat

and the void's done even better. completely destroying hulk, breaking a shield that was made by a prepped invisible woman, iron man, and doctor strange... void would of never did that to savage, Mindless, or war hulk.

bigbran
Originally posted by xmeat
void would of never did that to savage, Mindless, or war hulk. Oh please... roll eyes (sarcastic)
Wait... wasn't it Savage?

Also the simple fact that he can break every bone in Hulk's body in a matter of seconds, means it will only take a couple more seconds for the other Hulks.

xmeat
Originally posted by bigbran
Oh please... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also the simple fact that he can break every bone in Hulk's body in a matter of seconds, means it will only take a couple more seconds for the other Hulks. actually dumbass it wasn't savage hulk everyone knows the stronger hulk gets the more durable he gets hell even look at the sentry or hulk respect thread. Did that even look like savage hulk.

tjcoady
actually dumbass it wasn't savage hulk everyone knows the stronger hulk gets the more durable he gets hell even look at the sentry or hulk respect thread. Did that even look like savage hulk.

honestly, how would the Hulk even harm the void? The void has no corporeal form. The Hulk can only hit things. It wouldn't make any difference which incarnation of the Hulk it is.

Faceman
Oh please... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also the simple fact that he can break every bone in Hulk's body in a matter of seconds, means it will only take a couple more seconds for the other Hulks. Are you saying that not only can Hulk lose to Superman, but to Sentry too. confused

tjcoady
Originally posted by Faceman
Are you saying that not only can Hulk lose to Superman, but to Sentry too. confused

yea. Hulk has lost to a manifestation of the Sentry more than once... in issues 2 and six of his first mini, for instance. and then again I think in issue... three? of his second mini. but that's kinda not quite the point of this thread.

manorastroman
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Ooo, I guess Thor should shake in his boots. roll eyes (sarcastic)

actually, i don't think thor could overcome strange's magic, nor do i think he could break that shield. and if he wasn't in fine form, he couldn't have embarassed terrax like that either.

but roll eyes (sarcastic) away if you'd like.

bigbran
actually dumbass it wasn't savage hulk everyone knows the stronger hulk gets the more durable he gets hell even look at the sentry or hulk respect thread. Did that even look like savage hulk. So, just because the art was off, means it wasn't Savage? Your also going by... respect... threads to make your decision? Well... I guess that's where you get ALL your info from anyway...
I'll go check out the comic later, to see if it was Savage. I won't take your bias word for it.

I don't even care if it was Savage or not. The simple fact that he could do that to a Hulk, means it won't take much more to do it to ANY Hulk.

Faceman
Originally posted by tjcoady
yea. Hulk has lost to a manifestation of the Sentry more than once... in issues 2 and six of his first mini, for instance. and then again I think in issue... three? of his second mini. but that's kinda not quite the point of this thread. Dude i could name about 50 characters of the top of my head that can beat Hulk... laughing out loud

tjcoady
Originally posted by Faceman
Dude i could name about 50 characters of the top of my head that can beat Hulk... laughing out loud

exactly... I'm not arguing that point... just trying to establish that the Sentry is in general supposed to be above the avergage hero....

there are defintly lots of people who can put the Hulk down... and the Sentry is one of them.

h1a8

Who cares!
Fact is that Sentry's durability is low as heck. He gets hurt to easily. How can he stand up to Mjolnir smacking him in the face at full force (many times more powerful than Iron Man's punches or a playing Hulk's hug)? And what about Thor's God Blast? Even Sentry had a not so easy time getting to Iron Man when Tony blasted him with the jet fire in his boots.
And this is plain fire (No comparison to the God Blast which even dwarfs his most powerful lightning strike).

manorastroman
eh? i've never seen sentry injured.

i'm not saying sentry will win majority necessarily, but who here thinks that thor could've have stalemated and then scared off genis?

xmeat
sentry never beat hulk he calmed him down with his TP powers thats all he didn't physically beat him.

manorastroman
sentry never beat hulk he calmed him down with his TP powers thats all he didn't physically beat him.

back into your cage!

if you go back into your cage, i won't mention the time sentry/void EFFORTLESSLY BROKE EVERY BONE IN HULK'S BODY. jeez.

xmeat
back into your cage!

if you go back into your cage, i won't mention the time sentry/void EFFORTLESSLY BROKE EVERY BONE IN HULK'S BODY. jeez. it was a weak hulk plus it was only void not sentry get lost kid.

manorastroman
i'm just going to drop this. i'm not going to wonder where you got the idea that it was a weak hulk. i'm not going to explain that sentry and the void are one and the same. i'm just going to drop it.

xmeat
i'm just going to drop this. i'm not going to wonder where you got the idea that it was a weak hulk. i'm not going to explain that sentry and the void are one and the same. i'm just going to drop it. you cant prove it wasn't a weak hulk he wasn't even angry. The void would of never did that onslaught hulk unless your implying void>onslaught.

Blind
Any scans to back up Sentry's power? If not, Thor.

Soujaboy
actually, i don't think thor could overcome strange's magic, nor do i think he could break that shield. and if he wasn't in fine form, he couldn't have embarassed terrax like that either.

but roll eyes (sarcastic) away if you'd like.

It's not like Thor hasn't put Strange down before. Thor couldn't break the shield, I mean the shield must have been several times more durable than Exitars dome. Thor can't embarrass Terrax, he's limited himself to much more powerful heralds such as Surfer.

Get outta here. roll eyes (sarcastic)

manorastroman
there's a difference between "putting strange down" and fighting out of black magic with solely your mind. it was revealed exitar allowed thor to breach the dome, iirc. regardless, breaking a shield by a prepped strange/iron man/invisible woman combo would be a very high showing for thor, don't you think? i am well aware that thor has beaten surfer, but it's always a match. sentry beat terrax like i would beat a kindergartner. QUITE the power gap. and there's still the stalemating genis issue. simple question, do you think thor would have stalemated and then scared off genis vell, in that incarnation?

quit being so defensive. i haven't even said sentry wins or anything. just putting it out there.

honestly though, if thor had done any of those four feats you would be glowing. they're very high end.

Soujaboy
there's a difference between "putting strange down" and fighting out of black magic with solely your mind. it was revealed exitar allowed thor to breach the dome, iirc. regardless, breaking a shield by a prepped strange/iron man/invisible woman combo would be a very high showing for thor, don't you think? i am well aware that thor has beaten surfer, but it's always a match. sentry beat terrax like i would beat a kindergartner. QUITE the power gap. and there's still the stalemating genis issue. simple question, do you think thor would have stalemated and then scared off genis vell, in that incarnation?

quit being so defensive. i haven't even said sentry wins or anything. just putting it out there.

honestly though, if thor had done any of those four feats you would be glowing. they're very high end.

Putting Strange down while being attacked by several other high powered beings is easily more impressive than "fighting" out black magic. It isn't like Thor doesn't deal with black magic on a consistent basis anyways, I mean his brother is Loki.

Exitar allowed him to breach his dome, however Exitar didn't allow him to crush his dome, destroy cities and mountain ranges around the planet, and shake the planet itself.

No, compared to many of Thor higher feats, breaking that that shield would be nothing.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/SilverS15.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/SilverS16.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Scans/SilverS17.jpg

Didn't look like much of a match to me.

Surfer >>>>>>>> Terrax

Really if stalemating Genis is Sentry's highest feat(which it is), he doesn't even need to be mentioned in the same sentence as Thor.

Yes, considering Thor's higher feats he would have most likely bested Genis-Vell.

Why would I care if Thor accomplished those particular feats if he has much better ones under his belt?

manorastroman
don't forget to keep in mind sentry's relatively few appearances, and that he doesn't have any low showings.

beta ray bob
i will simplify this whole discussion

thor wins

sentry goes down (but not without a good fight)

h1a8
don't forget to keep in mind sentry's relatively few appearances, and that he doesn't have any low showings.

What the are you talking about? confused

I just posted that his durability is shot to hell.
Iron Man busted his nose with his fists, Hulk hurt him with a playful hug,
and Iron Man affected him with plain fire in his boots. Seriously, Sentry might have all the power to take down almost anything (including Thor) but he for sure has suspect durability in which Thor can easily exploit (God Blast or Supreme Mjlonir strike).

Modt
any scans to back up the sentry talk?

There is a Sentry respect thread here

manorastroman
bumped, in light of sentry's complete and udder destruction of absorbing man.

sentry 10/10 smile

bigbran
you cant prove it wasn't a weak hulk he wasn't even angry. The void would of never did that onslaught hulk unless your implying void>onslaught. Possibly the dumbest thing to come out of your mouth in this thread.

Hulk only obtained that power, because Jean Grey emptied out his mind, to give him only rage.
Plus, Onslaught let him break the armour... so...

It also doesn't matter if Onslaught did this or that...

Also, the simple fact that Strange was there, and that EVERY hero was afraid of Void... Hulk even said he was afraid of Void.

xmeat
Possibly the dumbest thing to come out of your mouth in this thread.

Hulk only obtained that power, because Jean Grey emptied out his mind, to give him only rage.
Plus, Onslaught let him break the armour... so...

It also doesn't matter if Onslaught did this or that...

Also, the simple fact that Strange was there, and that EVERY hero was afraid of Void... Hulk even said he was afraid of Void. why couldn't onslaught crack his own armor. Second is it just me or was hulk preety pathetic in that story anyway.

MightyEInherjar
bumped, in light of sentry's complete and udder destruction of absorbing man.

sentry 10/10 smile

No kidding.

I had this fight as 6-7/10 Thor, and after seeing that issue it bumped it to at least 6/10 Sentry.

bigbran
why couldn't onslaught crack his own armor. Second is it just me or was hulk preety pathetic in that story anyway. I don't know. Onslaught was a horrible villain anyway.
EVERY hero was pathetic (cept, maybe Strange). That was the point. They were nothing, not just Hulk. It wasn't a low showing for Hulk at all.Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
No kidding.

I had this fight as 6-7/10 Thor, and after seeing that issue it bumped it to at least 6/10 Sentry. Ya, basically.

h1a8
Does anyone here listen!
Sentry has the power but lack the durability to trade blows with Thor.
Sentry is made out of paper.
And Thor would smoke him.

xmarksthespot
In another thread you kept going on and on about how Thor would lose to the Invisible Woman. ermm

h1a8
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
In another thread you kept going on and on about how Thor would lose to the Invisible Woman. ermm

Yes I did (And yes she still can easily). I've been gone awhile. I missed you guys.

I don't take favorites but go with the best I have seen with pure logic.
Nothing more.

Like Bruce Lee once said "Boards don't hit back".
This is the case with Sentry and Thor.

xmarksthespot
Sentry gives Thor a better fight than Sue would, considering he caves in her skull before she can do a thing, and the things she can do wouldn't be able to put him down anyway. Your logic was noted as crappy by several people. ermm

Thor wins. In this thread and that thread.

MattDay
mighty thunder god wins this one, not because of lack of feats its because of the feats sentry has, made my mind up, he lost to ironman in a way that makes sentry look very bad, his durability seems miles behind the likes of guys like hulk, thor, gladiator, superman, thanos and so on and such

marvelprince
Originally posted by h1a8
Does anyone here listen!
Sentry has the power but lack the durability to trade blows with Thor.
And Thor would smoke him.

Um where has Sentry shown paper-like durability? He was going blow for blow with Collective who owned Binary (not just Ms Marvel, but Carol with her cosmic powers), pwned Absorbing Man who IIRC gives Thor a run for his money. He lost to Iron Man, but that wasn't a physical loss which brings his durability into question. Tony messed with his mind basically.

Maybe I missed the issue where he got wet and became a pulpy mess.

Kutulu
Does anyone here listen!

Have you read CW: The Return yet?

fish

Beta Ray Howard
After reading The Return, I think my opinion is switched.

Sentry wins.

id369
Any scans to back up Sentry's power? If not, Thor.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/411307_1-sentry-respect-thread

I favor Sentry BTW.

Soljer
Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard

Sentry wins.

My thoughts exactly. I'd have given it to Thor beforehand, but Sentry is starting to live up to his hype. Slowly, but surely.

nimbus006
ahhh!!! i'm picking it up today. So i take it you guys like it?

xmarksthespot

Sentry wins. I take it he does something reverse-opinion-worthy?

Scoobless
I take it he does something reverse-opinion-worthy?

He asplodes Absorbing Man ... Thor could still take him.

Soljer

Scans were posted in the comic book forum. Both in the civil war scans thread and in the return thread.

Go check them out, if you'd like.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Scoobless
He asplodes Absorbing Man ... Thor could still take him.

Dam you... mad

Galan007
I take it he does something reverse-opinion-worthy? yes

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/Cypher69/CW%20The%20Return/Civil_War_-_The_Return_001_020.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/Cypher69/CW%20The%20Return/Civil_War_-_The_Return_001_021.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/Cypher69/CW%20The%20Return/Civil_War_-_The_Return_001_022.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r56/Cypher69/CW%20The%20Return/Civil_War_-_The_Return_001_023.jpg
(props to Darth V)

Beta Ray Howard

Well, since you've seen me around here, how often do I actually change my opinion?

What he did to Absorbing Man was sick. I've never seen him overloaded like that.

Now, I know someone is going to cite the Odin incident, but one thing to keep in mind is he never tried to take ALL of Odin's power.

lando005
Well, since you've seen me around here, how often do I actually change my opinion?

What he did to Absorbing Man was sick. I've never seen him overloaded like that.

Now, I know someone is going to cite the Odin incident, but one thing to keep in mind is he never tried to take ALL of Odin's power.
there was another incident with quazar but i'm not too sure about it but yea the am feat is a damn good showing for sentry

Galan007
Now, I know someone is going to cite the Odin incident, but one thing to keep in mind is he never tried to take ALL of Odin's power. Even if someone does make that comparison....

They are still comparing the feats of Odin (a skyfather) to the feats of Sentry, (which makes Sentry look even better IMO).

galan

h1a8
Sentry gives Thor a better fight than Sue would, considering he caves in her skull before she can do a thing, and the things she can do wouldn't be able to put him down anyway. Your logic was noted as crappy by several people. ermm

Thor wins. In this thread and that thread.

Yes Thor wins here. Generating speed isn't the same as instant speed.
It takes time to generate speed for Thor. And in the thread that I made up stated that Sue has her shield up before the fight. Thus in that thread she wins easily (with bloodlust on).

bigbran
Yes Thor wins here. Generating speed isn't the same as instant speed.
It takes time to generate speed for Thor. And in the thread that I made up stated that Sue has her shield up before the fight. Thus in that thread she wins easily (with bloodlust on). no expression

h1a8
Originally posted by marvelprince
Um where has Sentry shown paper-like durability? He was going blow for blow with Collective who owned Binary (not just Ms Marvel, but Carol with her cosmic powers), pwned Absorbing Man who IIRC gives Thor a run for his money. He lost to Iron Man, but that wasn't a physical loss which brings his durability into question. Tony messed with his mind basically.

Maybe I missed the issue where he got wet and became a pulpy mess.

I didn't see where he took a physical blow from the collective. I don't even know if the collective is even strong as Thor. I never said him losing to Iron Man makes him weak. I said that Iron Man busting his face makes his durability suspect as well as other showings.

h1a8
Originally posted by Kutulu
Have you read CW: The Return yet?

fish

I might have. I don't know. What happened in it? What is CW?

Scoobless
Originally posted by nimbus006
Dam you... mad

embarrasment

Quasar blew him up ... he blew himself up one time when he tried to absorb power from the planet.

Sentry's still a little psycho though, Thor still holds back against mere mortals ... even ones as tough as the Absorbing Man.

xmarksthespot
no expression Yeah. I know.

DevilGoblin

Warhulk beat him in one panel.One single blow.

bigbran
Yeah. I know. Quite.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>