Most Overated Comic Char Ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sea King
come here to talke about who you think is compleatly overated.

batdude123
Wow, these kind of threads haven't been played to hell. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

Sea King
Originally posted by batdude123
Wow, these kind of threads haven't been played to hell. roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

embarrasment i take it you mean

batman is over rated stick out tongue

batdude123
You son of a b*tch!!! mad stick out tongue

Sea King
You son of a b*tch!!! mad stick out tongue

ah na i think sups is overrated though

Scoobless
I think Namor is overrated ....... and Alpha Flight ............. shifty

backspace
i can't believe nobody has mentioned wolverine yet. i guess he's starting to get a little respect.

pr1983
Originally posted by Sea King
ah na i think sups is overrated though

Yr kidding...

Originally posted by Scoobless
I think Namor is overrated ....... and Alpha Flight ............. shifty

You cheeky beggar... stick out tongue

Sea King
Originally posted by pr1983
Yr kidding...

nope im being honest their cause i find their are alot of people out their that think superman can beat anyone any time any where.

pr1983
nope im being honest their cause i find their are alot of people out their that think superman can beat anyone any time any where.

And there are alot who use their own dislike of the character to justify making some pretty stupid statements... erm

i hate wolverine (i've hated him since i was 5 years old), but i never underestimate him in a fight, i wish people would do the same with superman...

and i didnt mean you btw, just to be clear... smile

batdude123
And there are alot who use their own dislike of the character to justify making some pretty stupid statements... erm

yes

batdude123

Who thinks he can beat anyone? confused I think people go too far with their Superman hate. There are people who sometimes may overate Superman a little, but people use that as a reason to hate him and underate him. Underating him is just as bad as overating him.

newjak86
Who thinks he can beat anyone? confused I think people go too far with their Superman hate. There are people who sometimes may overate Superman a little, but people use that as a reason to hate him and underate him. Underating him is just as bad as overating him. I thinkSuperman can be a bit overrated but then again when he has helped to beat the people he has it is very hard to do so.

Another person I think may be a bit overrated at least on these Forums is Silver Surfer.

batdude123
Originally posted by newjak86
Another person I think may be a bit overrated at least on these Forums is Silver Surfer.

YES!!!! yes

Sea King
Who thinks he can beat anyone? confused I think people go too far with their Superman hate. There are people who sometimes may overate Superman a little, but people use that as a reason to hate him and underate him. Underating him is just as bad as overating him.

i may hate him but i dont underate him.

people that say he has the strongest will power in the universe are overateing him people that say he can beat hal jordan or kyle are possabily over rateing him and people who say he can beat alan are most deffently overating him.

so no i dont under rate him i just hate him(and its because of the overrateing)

Sea King

yes your sure as H3!! right their

and recently the hulk but that is only one person so i dont really have much against him at this point and time

batdude123

people that say he has the strongest will power in the universe are overateing him people that say he can beat hal jordan or kyle are possabily over rateing him and people who say he can beat alan are most deffently overating him.

It's not their fault that they say he has the strongest will in the universe. It's actually been stated before. And no, I doubt Superman would take the majority over Kyle or Hal, but he would take 3-4/10 because of their human reaction speeds. There isn't anybody here who overates him as much as you think SK. You shouldn't hate a character because of the fans he has. That isn't the fault of the character or of the writer.

newjak86

so no i dont under rate him i just hate him(and its because of the overrateing) Any GL should beat Supes if for nothing more than they can produce K-Nite radiation to take him down or should be able to.

The only reason I say Silver Surfer is peoplle hear the name and the title of herald and then all of sudden he is beating down the entire JLA with some people.

When in fact he has shown to be quite beatable by different people in different power levels.

Sea King
It's not their fault that they say he has the strongest will in the universe. It's actually been stated before. And no, I doubt Superman would take the majority over Kyle or Hal, but he would take 3-4/10 because of their human reaction speeds. There isn't anybody here who overate him as much as you think SK. You shouldn't hate a character because of the fans he has. That isn't the fault of the character or of the writer.

their you go with side kick again laughing ah im wearing that joke out so its over now.

anyways it is the writers fault a littel bit i mean

for instence the writer that believes sups is the strongest char.

but aside from that your right i shouldent judge a char on the fans but its just really makes me mad when people start to spout off about sups could do this or he could do that. it really imo down grades the chars rep and makes them seem like crap.

Broly92
Did someone say Superman Hate big grin
It's not their fault that they say he has the strongest will in the universe. It's actually been stated before. And no, I doubt Superman would take the majority over Kyle or Hal, but he would take 3-4/10 because of their human reaction speeds. There isn't anybody here who overates him as much as you think SK. You shouldn't hate a character because of the fans he has. That isn't the fault of the character or of the writer.
Yah! Nobody :Cough Avalonofthewind Cough:

pr1983

In fairness though, i don't think people should underestimate supes' willpower simply because he doesnt have a ring... Hal recently offered him a ring (Up, up and Away part 3), so his willpower is at the very least comparable... Thats not to say he'd whupp any gl he met though either...

Big Sexy
Any GL should beat Supes if for nothing more than they can produce K-Nite radiation to take him down or should be able to.

The only reason I say Silver Surfer is peoplle hear the name and the title of herald and then all of sudden he is beating down the entire JLA with some people.

When in fact he has shown to be quite beatable by different people in different power levels. Dude, Superman has been thrown in as a team buster on many threads also. So has flash. How many times has slade tagged the guy. The same logic applies.

batdude123
their you go with side kick again laughing ah im wearing that joke out so its over now.

anyways it is the writers fault a littel bit i mean

for instence the writer that believes sups is the strongest char.

but aside from that your right i shouldent judge a char on the fans but its just really makes me mad when people start to spout off about sups could do this or he could do that. it really imo down grades the chars rep and makes them seem like crap.

Strongest character ever? No. Strongest character on DC earth? Yes, more than likely. It's flawed logic to deny Superman some of his top strength feats. Sometimes Superman fans can go a little overboard sometimes, but it's not like what the Wolverine fans used to say.

Validus
In fairness though, i don't think people should underestimate supes' willpower simply because he doesnt have a ring... Hal recently offered him a ring (Up, up and Away part 3), so his willpower is at the very least comparable... Thats not to say he'd whupp any gl he met though either...
Yeah but it's hard to look at lines like "Highest willpower in the universe" as anything BUT cockstroking. I've seen that crap brought up Superman/GL debates.

batdude123
Originally posted by Broly92
Did someone say Superman Hate big grin

Yah! Nobody :Cough Avalonofthewind Cough:

Um, no. Avalon is a Superman FAN, not fanboy. He knows what he's talking about when it comes to Superman.

pr1983
Originally posted by Validus
Yeah but it's hard to look at lines like "Highest willpower in the universe" as anything BUT cockstroking. I've seen that crap brought up Superman/GL debates.

laughing

RED SON! RED SON! RED SON! RED SON! RED SON!

*cough*

stick out tongue

Broly92
Um, no. Avalon is a Superman FAN, not fanboy. He knows what he's talking about when it comes to Superman.
I would have agreed if not for the Thanos vs. Superman thread where he looked like a fanboy and whenever I say Supes loses insults me

Sea King
Strongest character ever? No. Strongest character on DC earth. Yes, more than likely. It's flawed logic to deny Superman some of his top strength feats. Sometimes Superman can go a little overboard sometimes, but it's not like what the Wolverine fans used to say.

yes he should be allowed all his strongest feats but people should reconize more then that. for instence when he gets beat.

newjak86
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Dude, Superman has been thrown in as a team buster on many threads also. So has flash. How many times has slade tagged the guy. The same logic applies. Yeah buit has Superman been thrown in to beat down the entire JLA before or Flash. Thats the point Silver Surfer is tough but he isn't busting up the likes of the JLA.

And a lot of that stuff actually goes on when people hear the name. Basically he should just turn everybody into a cheeseburger and call it a day.

pr1983
yes he should be allowed all his strongest feats but people should reconize more then that. for instence when he gets beat.

Of course he gets beat... its just not too often as not to hurt DC's bottom line... erm

thats not to say what victories he does have are any less deserved...

Big Sexy
Yeah buit has Superman been thrown in to beat down the entire JLA before or Flash. Thats the point Silver Surfer is tough but he isn't busting up the likes of the JLA.

And a lot of that stuff actually goes on when people hear the name. Basically he should just turn everybody into a cheeseburger and call it a day. laughing He should carry Blob on his surferboard. Thats the perfect waste disposal fro his enemies.

Sea King
Of course he gets beat... its just not too often as not to hurt DC's bottom line... erm

thats not to say what victories he has are any less deserved...

thats one of my biggest points he does not get beat veary often.

Validus
Superman gets beat but the thing is, he usually ends up whooping the same guy's ass sooner or later. I definitely know where you're coming from though. His low showings are pretty much totally ignored.

Big Sexy
Yeah buit has Superman been thrown in to beat down the entire JLA before or Flash. Thats the point Silver Surfer is tough but he isn't busting up the likes of the JLA.

And a lot of that stuff actually goes on when people hear the name. Basically he should just turn everybody into a cheeseburger and call it a day. That is one thing that always bugged me, Has he transmutted people before? The guy turns steel to air.

newjak86
laughing He should carry Blob on his surferboard. Thats the perfect waste disposal fro his enemies. laughing
Its true though thats what everyone thinks he should do in most of his fights.

Broly92

thats not to say what victories he does have are any less deserved...
Except in the end who is it who saves the world against a guy who beats the rest of the heroes who most are close to his level or even with him

pr1983
thats one of my biggest points he does not get beat veary often.

But honestly, should he? How often does he fight people that are more powerful than him? Or Thor, the Hulk, Surfer, Hal, Sentry? Isn't it all relative?

i saw John Stewart take him down during GL: Rebirth with one blast...

Sea King
hey Validus a bit off topic but did you get the render for that sig from the golden perfect comic??

batdude123
I would have agreed if not for the Thanos vs. Superman thread where he looked like a fanboy and whenever I say Supes loses insults me

No, that was in the Superman vs. Thanos in a hand to hand fight thread. He's said how he thinks that with all their powers Thanos would win. Yet, people seem to ignore that. erm

newjak86
That is one thing that always bugged me, Has he transmutted people before? The guy turns steel to air. You know he could possibly but it is same thing when people say that Flash should just steal everyone's speed and then Vibrate through them all in the first Picosecond of the match.

They could possibly do but they never really have.

pr1983
Except in the end who is it who saves the world against a guy who beats the rest of the heroes who most are close to his level or even with him

You're referring to Superboy Prime? Prime had been weakened by the GL's, and it took TWO supermans to beat him... on the GL planet they'd f*ck all powers, Clark has more experience, so naturally shouldnt he win?

Broly92
No, that was in the Superman vs. Thanos in a hand to hand fight thread. He's said how he thinks that with all their powers Thanos would win. Yet, people seem to ignore that. erm
No in the both he said Supes wins unless he changed somewhere I missed

Validus
But honestly, should he? How often does he fight people that are more powerful than him? Or Thor, the Hulk, Surfer, Hal, Sentry? Isn't it all relative?

That doesn't matter though. Superman broke John's constructs in Sacrifice which is absolute proof that Superman would destroy any Green Lantern in a fight. roll eyes (sarcastic)

God, now I'm sounding like a hater.

batdude123

No, his defeats shouldn't be ignored but it's also not right to dampen or ignore his victories.

Broly92
You're referring to Superboy Prime? Prime had been weakened by the GL's, and it took TWO supermans to beat him... on the GL planet they'd f*ck all powers, Clark has more experience, so naturally shouldnt he win?
And Imperix and Maggedon

pr1983
That doesn't matter though. Superman broke John's constructs in Sacrifice which is absolute proof that Superman would destroy any Green Lantern in a fight. roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing sure... stick out tongue

And Imperix and Maggedon

Huh? what do you mean?

Sea King

he fights people that have k nitepowering them or k nite weapons people who have magic.

his weaknesses but does he die or do they beat him mostly no.

or paricite can suck sups powers does he beat sups if he has the chance no.

batdude123
No in the both he said Supes wins unless he changed somewhere I missed

No, he said that with all their powers Thanos would win. roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123

Don't forget the Guy Gardner feat. stick out tongue

Broly92
laughing sure... stick out tongue

Huh? what do you mean?
He ended up saving the world against Imperix and shut down Maggedon(not sure how to spell it) the living Sun

pr1983
he fights people that have k nitepowering them or k nite weapons people who have magic.

his weaknesses but does he die or do they beat him mostly no.

Firstly, krytonite isn't some magic 'powers off' button, it needs time to work, and superman has fought enough people with it to actually learn how to defend himself, is that so bad?

he got beat down by shazam and hawkman not too long ago, both of em used magic...

parasite? just because he has supermans powers doesnt mean he knows the first thing about using them...

Broly92
No, he said that with all their powers Thanos would win. roll eyes (sarcastic)
When because when I was there he kept saying Supes should win and Surfer jobbs to Thanos etc...

pr1983
He ended up saving the world against Imperix and shut down Maggedon(not sure how to spell it) the living Sun

I've never read it to be honest... erm

Big Sexy
You know he could possibly but it is same thing when people say that Flash should just steal everyone's speed and then Vibrate through them all in the first Picosecond of the match.

They could possibly do but they never really have. I agree, I have noticed that a lot. Every body usually has there own version of the character fight despite their history. What gets me is that those same people have their own set of special limitations.
Ex. Flash steals speed
Surfer transmutes
the forever mentioned speed blitz your opponents head off

yet I have mention Sue Richards being able to pop a bubble in an oppenent head once and the response I got was " Its not in her character"

batdude123

Which is why Kyle and Hal would take the slight majority against him.

his weaknesses but does he die or do they beat mostly no.

His resistance to kryptonite is becoming stronger. He's overcoming the effects of it more and more.

Parasite can only absorb a fraction of Superman's powers and he still gets tooled.

Broly92
I've never read it to be honest... erm
Well then now you know

batdude123

Turning the endless wheels of Maggedon is more of a strength feat than anything. And check again. He beat Imperiex PROBES.

newjak86
I agree, I have noticed that a lot. Every body usually has there own version of the character fight despite their history. What gets me is that those same people have their own set of special limitations.
Ex. Flash steals speed
Surfer transmutes
the forever mentioned speed blitz your opponents head off

yet I have mention Sue Richards being able to pop a bubble in an oppenent head once and the response I got was " Its not in her character" Yeah I know what you mean. I think people take their thinking to far. I mean for all his power Silver Surfer has lost before and been knocked around before.

Sea King
Firstly, krytonite isn't some magic 'powers off' button, it needs time to work, and superman has fought enough people with it to actually learn how to defend himself, is that so bad?

he got beat down by shazam and hawkman not too long ago, both of em used magic...

parasite? just because he has supermans powers doesnt mean he knows the first thing about using them...

actually k nite is sapouse to effect him almost instently.

i was watching the thing about supermans powers and how they coraspond to science.

and one of his comic writers was talking about his weakness and he said k nite is sapouse to effect him almost instently.

i dont remember his name but i do remember he was some kind of sicence expert.

pr1983
Well then now you know

Indeed i do...

Validus
Don't forget the Guy Gardner feat. stick out tongue
I'll always cherish the issue where Tomar Re one shots PC Superman. love

batdude123
When because when I was there he kept saying Supes should win and Surfer jobbs to Thanos etc...

Wrong. He's stated countless amounts of times that in an all powers situation Thanos would win.

Broly92
Turning the endless wheels of Maggedon is more of a strength feat than anything. And check again. He beat Imperiex PROBES.
I'm sorry who was the hero who traveled back in time to stop Braniac from absorbing the power of the big bang(Otherwise known as Imperix)

Broly92
Wrong. He's stated countless amounts of times that in an all powers situation Thanos would win.
Show me then because I know he did not

pr1983

i was watching the thing about supermans powers and how they coraspond to science.

and one of his comic writers was talking about his weakness and he said k nite is sapouse to effect him almost instently.

As batdude said, he's built up a resistance... and honestly, kryptonite isnt a real substance, so i think no science expert in the real world is equipped to make that judgement... erm

Validus
Yeah I know what you mean. I think people take their thinking to far. I mean for all his power Silver Surfer has lost before and been knocked around before.
For all his power, Silver Surfer is a jobber. So is Flash.

batdude123
Which is why Kyle and Hal would take the slight majority against him.

His resistance to kryptonite is becoming stronger. He's overcoming the effects of it more and more.

Parasite can only absorb a fraction of Superman's powers and he still gets tooled.

Just in case Sea King missed this.

Sea King
As batdude said, he's built up a resistance... and honestly, kryptonite isnt a real substance, so i think no science expert in the real world is equipped to make that judgement... erm

it was being compared with dangerous radition from the real world and he said his take on k nite was that it should effect sups as urainium would us.

batdude123
I'm sorry who was the hero who traveled back in time to stop Braniac from absorbing the power of the big bang(Otherwise known as Imperix)

Superman beat IMPERIEX... PROBES. NOT THE REAL IMPERIEX.

Sea King
Just in case Sea King missed this.

i got ya smile

pr1983
it was being compared with dangerous radition from the real world and he said his take on k nite was that it should effect sups as urainium would us.

But what comparison is he drawing? And if this is the "science of superman" show that sky has been showing, i think you shouldnt listen to it... superman has NO basis in science whatsoever... stick out tongue

batdude123

No, actually real world science SHOULD NEVER be used to explain comic books. They go as well with each other as fire and gasoline. It just doesn't work like that. Besides, actual comic book evidence would suggest otherwise.

newjak86
For all his power, Silver Surfer is a jobber. So is Flash. Which is true but often times people tend to forget that what ifs aren't the real thing I mean for all their jobbing it is what they do and not what they should do

Sea King
But what comparison is he drawing? And if this is the "science of superman" show that sky has been showing, i think you shouldnt listen to it... superman has NO basis in science whatsoever... stick out tongue

No, actually real world science SHOULD NEVER be used to explain comic books. They go as well with each other as fire and gasoline. It just doesn't work like that. Besides, actual comic book evidence would suggest otherwise.

but the thing is they actually had some preatty good explanations for his powers i mean they were pretty good ones to i really liked what they said about his super sight and heat vision.

Validus
Which is true but often times people tend to forget that what ifs aren't the real thing I mean for all their jobbing it is what they do and not what they should do
Well thats a problem with debating imaginary characters. I mean, do we debate the optimum level of what their powerset says they can be or do we debate optimum as seen in the books. There is a rather large difference when you get into characters like Silver Surfer and Flash.

Broly92
Superman beat IMPERIEX... PROBES. NOT THE REAL IMPERIEX.
Did you even read my post

pr1983
but the thing is they actually had some preatty good explanations for his powers i mean they were pretty good ones to i really liked what they said about his super sight and heat vision.

But surely they take a back seat to actual comic writing in DC? In the first arc of one year later, Superman fought lex, who was in a giant Kryptonian warship, the thing was practically made of kryptonite, yet supes flew through it, grabbing lex on the way through and coming out the other side... then they fell into the ocean... messed

batdude123

Hmm, maybe they can explain how absorbing yellow sun radiation can make somebody have ice breath. no expression

newjak86
Well thats a problem with debating imaginary characters. I mean, do we debate the optimum level of what their powerset says they can be or do we debate optimum as seen in the books. There is a rather large difference when you get into characters like Silver Surfer and Flash. I know I tend though to try and debate for what they are in books heck my favrite guy Juggernaut is also in the same boat my version of Juggs and the Juggs shown in Comics is completely different

pr1983
Well thats a problem with debating imaginary characters. I mean, do we debate the optimum level of what their powerset says they can be or do we debate optimum as seen in the books. There is a rather large difference when you get into characters like Silver Surfer and Flash.

In a flash comic a while back, just after he'd made his identity secret, superman was chasing him, and at one point flash mulled over whether to take supermans speed, but he knew if he did, it'd be like derailing a train travelling at thousands of miles per hour, and would leave a trail of destruction accross half the world, because even without speed, superman would still have momentum...

Sea King
Hmm, maybe they can explain how absorbing yellow sun radiation can make somebody have ice breath. no expression

no they gave an explation for that

batdude123
Did you even read my post

No, what I was saying is that he beat probes, and not the real thing. It should've been an open and shut case. You made it seem like he beat the actual Imperiex.

pr1983

laughing

(apologies is this is a double post, im on dial up and its a cow...)

Sea King
i can give it to you.

pr1983
i can give it to you.

Seriously, tell us...

and you do know that show is not actually fact right? Unless these explanations appear in a DC comic at some point?

Validus
In a flash comic a while back, just after he'd made his identity secret, superman was chasing him, and at one point flash mulled over whether to take supermans speed, but he knew if he did, it'd be like derailing a train travelling at thousands of miles per hour, and would leave a trail of destruction accross half the world, because even without speed, superman would still have momentum...
With Flash it's not even about the more exotic things he can do with Speed Force. It should be almost totally impossible to handle a guy who moves that fast. It's never been easy for me to accept Flash losses.

pr1983
With Flash it's not even about the more exotic things he can do with Speed Force. It should be almost totally impossible to handle a guy who moves that fast. It's never been easy for me to accept Flash losses.

like in ic when deathstroke skewered him? i hated that...

batdude123
i can give it to you.

No, because actual real world science can not possibly explain Superman. He is beyond the physical possiblities of the natural world. I'm sorry, but actual comic book evidence proves the "science explanation" is complete and utter crap.

Broly92
No, what I was saying is that he beat probes, and not the real thing. It should've been an open and shut case. You made it seem like he beat the actual Imperiex.
What are you talking about Kismet Superman when and fought Imperix Prime and found Braniac who traveled back in time to absorb Imperix's energy Supes stoped him and Imperix not single handedly in a fight but he did have him do too much

Grimm22
Ult. Colossus is overrated no expression

People think because of some PIS with Magneto and the jobberfest in Ultimate War that he's unbeatable?!?! What the f**k?

The only thing that I will agree with is the sub feat, although even that could have been done by 616 Colossus

batdude123
What are you talking about Kismet Superman when and fought Imperix Prime and found Braniac who traveled back in time to absorb Imperix's energy Supes stoped him and Imperix not single handedly in a fight but he did have him do too much

That's something COMPLETELY different as to what you were saying earlier. That actually makes sense.

Validus
like in ic when deathstroke skewered him? i hated that...
Crap like that especially. Of course it just gets even worse when you add in the other stuff he can do in a fight.

Sea King
Seriously, tell us...

and you do know that show is not actually fact right? Unless these explanations appear in a DC comic at some point?

im not saying it is how it is really is im saying its how sienctists are explaing his powers would be IF he were real.

now here it is

frist open you mouth wide and breath on your hand its warm right?

now put your lip together as if you were going to blow on hot sup but blow on your hand its cool air right?

well look at sups when he uses his super cold breath he he put his lipes close together as if he were going to blow on sup.

but he can freeze stuff because he is super so his lungs would be super to allowing him to do this on a super level causeing his breath to freeze stuff instead of just being cold.

Broly92
Originally posted by Grimm22

People think because of some PIS with Magneto and the jobberfest in Ultimate War that he's unbeatable?!?! What the f**k?

The only thing that I will agree with is the sub feat, although even that could have been done by 616 Colossus
I agree some what but you just think so because you think Thing should be better or tied with Colossus

pr1983

There's the beating he gave Iron Man and Thor... plus he lifted a Nuclear submarine off the ocean floor and carried it back to shore... erm

Crap like that especially. Of course it just gets even worse when you add in the other stuff he can do in a fight.

lol... i miss wally... sad

pr1983
im not saying it is im saying its how sienctists are explaing his powers would be IF he were real.

now here it is

now put your lip together as if you were going to blow on hot sup but blow on your hand its cool air right?

well look at sups when he uses his super cold breath he he put his lipes close together as if he were going to blow on sup.

but he can freeze stuff because he is super so his lungs would be super to allowing him to do this on a super level causeing his breath to freeze stuff instead of just being cold.

thats not a bad point, but at the end of the day its only an opinion of some scientist... as good a point as it is...

superman isnt in the real world, so real world physics cant ever be applied to him... erm

(apologies for the double post)

batdude123
im not saying it is im saying its how sienctists are explaing his powers would be IF he were real.

now here it is

See, that's a horrible explanation. I would've expected something better. Fact of the matter is that you have to take comics for what they truely are; fallacies that are extremly entertaining to read.

Broly92
Your sig is great Pr1983 where did you get it from

newjak86
I agree with everything being said

Sea King
thats not a bad point, but at the end of the day its only an opinion of some scientist... as good a point as it is...

superman isnt in the real world, so real world physics cant ever be applied to him... erm

See, that's a horrible explanation. I would've expected something better. Fact of the matter is that you have to take comics for what they truely are; fallacies that are extremly entertaining to read.

but again i never sad that is the truth i was just stateing what sientists were saying about his powers so if you dont like the point dont tell me tell the person that made it up.

although i think it was a pretty good point my self.(sure some fals but still pretty good for a real world explation on a comic book char.

pr1983
Your sig is great Pr1983 where did you get it from

Click it and see... just make sure your mother isnt in the room... stick out tongue

but again i never sad that is the truth i was just stateing what sientists were saying about his powers so if you dont like the point dont tell me tell the person that made it up.

although i think it was a pretty good point my self.(sure some fals but still pretty good for a real world explation on a comic book char.

i'll go and tell him right now... stick out tongue

Sea King

well your partly right on that.

some of the things in comics were inspired by real world things

for instence the metal scalpted to wolves bones scalpted how need metal plates and so on

so yes it taken into imaginery concepts but derived from some facts

Broly92
Click it and see... just make sure your mother isnt in the room... stick out tongue

Whats with the stick out tongue
confused

batdude123

Um... This whole thing was brought up because you said that the effects of kryptonite harms Superman instantaneously.

pr1983
Whats with the stick out tongue
confused

i fixed the link, click it now, its in colour... and you really want your mother seeing mary jane in a thong?

batdude123

for instence the metal scalpted to wolves bones scalpted how need metal plates and so on

It's a fallacy. Hell, even street level characters without any powers do shit that no one on earth could POSSIBLY do.

Sea King
Um... This whole thing was brought up because you said that the effects of kryptonite harms Superman instantaneously.

no it was brought up because i was telling you what a superman writer said himself wink

Broly92
i fixed the link, click it now, its in colour... and you really want your mother seeing mary jane in a thong?
What I meant why did you have the tongue sticking out smile in both your sentences

pr1983
no it was brought up because i was telling you what a superman writer said himself wink

Which writer?

pr1983
What I meant why did you have the tongue sticking out smile in both your sentences

Oh, just a force of habit i guess... an effort not to seem hostile i suppose...

(again, apologies for the double post)

Broly92
It's a fallacy. Hell, even street level characters without any powers do shit that no one on earth could POSSIBLY do.
Well then I got a new one
Batman evil face

batdude123

Then again, your right that some basic concepts in comics are taken into account for the most part. But natural laws of physics are STRETCHED to unimaginable lengths, and other things just plain don't make sense.

batdude123
Batman evil face

Too bad EVERY street level character does stuff that's not possible so nice try. roll eyes (sarcastic)

pr1983
Batman evil face

Bat shark repellant... he's the man...

Sea King

i compleatly understand were your comeing from but their are some things in life now that resembale comics in one way or another.

batdude123

No, the whole thing stemmed from you saying kryptonite should effect him immediately, and it doesn't.

Sea King
No, the whole thing stemmed from you saying kryptonite should effect him immediately, and it doesn't.

yes i know i was stateing what a superman writer said himself i can quote myself stateing it to.

pr1983
yes i know i was stateing what a superman writer said himself i can quote myself stateing it to.

So tell us the name of the writer...

Sea King

re-read this if you disbelive me batdude

batdude123
i compleatly understand were your comeing from but their are some things in life now that resembale comics in one way or another.

Then again, your right that some basic concepts in comics are taken into account for the most part. But natural laws of physics are STRETCHED to unimaginable lengths, and other things just plain don't make sense.

However, you're making this more difficult than it needs to be. Comic book physics in no way resembles real world physics and only basic BASIC natural laws aren't broken (without a reason that is). laughing

Sea King
So tell us the name of the writer...

read my other above post as for if you still disbelive me go watch the thing for your self for the name im not lieing but i honestly dont remember.

better yet look the thing up on the net and read about it it should stae his name

batdude123

Hmm, don't really care what ONE writer said about the way Superman's powers SHOULD work according to him because on panel comic book evidence suggests it doesn't. wink

pr1983
read my other above post as for if you still disbelive me go watch the thing for your self for the name im not lieing but i honestly dont remember.

better yet look the thing up on the net and read about it it should stae his name

All i know is this...

Grant Morrisson, Kurt Busiek and Geoff Johns have all written Superman comics recently, and in all of them he has some level of resistance to Kryptonite...

Sea King
However, you're making this more difficult than it needs to be. Comic book physics in no way resembles real world physics and only basic BASIC natural laws aren't broken (without a reason that is). laughing

yes i know that.

for instence i understand that if i get hit by gamma radition i die i was just stateing that some things in comics are close not that their the excate same as our laws.

witch you are makeing out that im saying were im not

batdude123
yes i know that.

for instence i understand that if i get hit by gamma radition i die i was just stateing that some things in comics are close not that their the excate same as our laws.

witch you are makeing out that im saying were im not

No, if you read back carefully I said "You're right that some basic concepts in comics are taken into acount for the most part..." wink

Sea King
No, if you read back carefully I said "You're right that some basic concepts in comics are taken into acount for the most part..." wink

yes i know this but in some of your post you make it sound as if im wrong altogether.
sad

Grimm22
I agree some what but you just think so because you think Thing should be better or tied with Colossus

No, this has nothing to do with Ben no expression

Its just crap because I know that these characters that he beats are easily capable of beating him

Sea King
man the name of this tread should be

Any randome Comic Book Conversation i Fill Like Haveing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud

MJOILNIR
I think most powerful characters are overrated at times. Some more than others.

CheeseMeUpYO
Sentry.
Oh,boy I have the power of 1000000 exploding suns, and with great power comes the responsiblity to throw people into the sun. Also, my fanboy-Spiderman says I stalemated Galactus so it must be true!

Rewmac
Wolverine

pr1983
No, this has nothing to do with Ben no expression

Its just crap because I know that these characters that he beats are easily capable of beating him

Colossus? In ultimate he's been consistently powerful... its happened with other characters so why not him?

bigbran
superman, i dont even know why others are in question.

batdude123
Originally posted by bigbran
superman, i dont even know why others are in question.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

bigbran
well its true.

Broly92
well its true.
Indeed

pr1983
well its true.

There are plenty of characters more overrated than Superman...

Juggernaut, Wolverine, Spiderman at times...

Broly92
There are plenty of characters more overrated than Superman...

Juggernaut, Wolverine, Spiderman at times...
Sure roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123
well its true.

No, it's not.

Thanos.

juggernaut66666
let me think roll eyes (sarcastic)

ALPHA FLIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!

bigbran
laughing
and i just showed scans of thanos getting worked by tyrant. im one of his biggest fans!!!

pr1983
Sure roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

A witty response rather than a patronising one would help... erm

Broly92
A witty response rather than a patronising one would help... erm
Would it?? confused confused1

pr1983
Would it?? confused confused1

Ok...

batdude123
THE F*CKIN HULK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

juggernaut66666
THE F*CKIN HULK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)
yes

bigbran
THE F*CKIN HULK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic) this isnt the underated thread. laughing

batdude123
this isnt the underated thread. laughing

mad mad mad

Broly92
mad mad mad
crybaby-Batdude123

bigbran
mad mad mad laughing laughing laughing

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>