is beast good for something in a fight?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stay super
everytime you see beast he gets his ass kicked, i know recently he beat danger wowwww his only winning, anyway he always lose in his ape form everybody beat his ass even colossus at human form was stronger, even sabretooth won against him , groups of humans bashed him, he never won a fight and i am not talking about the 60s or 70s when he first came out , so really people is there a respect beast thread?no right? because there isnt any good fights that he had to show, can someone tell me a fight where beast won? or even showed some skills?

The Pict
Originally posted by stay super
everytime you see beast he gets his ass kicked, i know recently he beat danger wowwww his only winning, anyway he always lose in his ape form everybody beat his ass even colossus at human form was stronger, even sabretooth won against him , groups of humans bashed him, he never won a fight and i am not talking about the 60s or 70s when he first came out , so really people is there a respect beast thread?no right? because there isnt any good fights that he had to show, can someone tell me a fight where beast won? or even showed some skills?

beast has super strength, human colossus is not stronger. plus beating danger was impressive seeing how she had just smacked the x-men around and he went and beat her on his lonesome.

stay super
first off all she kicked beasts ass and in the second time she was damaged and had weaker armor and wasnt even in the fight, what fights did beast had that he won? and human colossus choked beast and beast couldnt get him off you call that super human strength? when did beast everrr showed that he got super human strength? in the ape formand the recent one

Darth Vicious
Not every mutant has to be a great fighter. Beasts appeal is his mind. he rather use his mind that violence. But if violence is what u want all u have to look is at Age of Apocalypse Beast which was a sick,perverted bastard and also in the final Grant Morrison run on New X-men "Here Comes Tomorrow" were Beast was again a badass bastard who wanted to destroy/conquer the planet. As for accomplishments, He along with Moira MacTaggert found the cure for the Legacy virus which I guess is the mutants version of AIDS but without being about sexual relations. He was also a member of the Avengers. Just because he aint the greates fighter doesnt mean he is useless.

stay super
he suppose to have super human strength but he never showed any signs of it

stay super
i mean even the old sabretooth kicked his ass

outarddwarf
he held his own against the juggernaut once in beast form, granted he was distracted and trying to keep from ageing beyond all reason at the time but still impressive. Also beasts main feature isn't his strength, it is about his agility which at one point he went through an avengers obstical course (floating bomb feild that you had to navigate through without setting them off) that no other avenger could make it though. Kudos to beast.

Brutacus
He also fought Kraven once and almost killed kraven, because he went feral for the first time.

stay super
held his own against juggernaut? you mean the amazing adventures issue? where they showed that juggernauts power is only in his helmet? thats bullshit, or you mean when he fliped juggernaut after onslaught threw him all over the world?? and juggernaut barely stood up?

stay super
when did he fought kraven? can you give me the issue? thanks

stay super
so you said that he had brutal fight and a fight with kraven, can you please post some scans?

Brutacus
not at the moment I'm at work lol we don't have comics here.
But I can find the issue for you on the net I think. hold on.

Brutacus
X-Men Hidden Years #17 he beat kraven, almost killed him.
Kraven made him fight because he poisoned a house guest of the x-men.
And kraven had the cure so he had to fight him.
See beast doesn't like to fight, he's a thinker so I guess that's the reason you don't see him fight a lot.
He will only fight iff there is no other option, that't what I like about him he's not like the rest, he looks for other means to solve a problem rather than jump at someone.
But still he can fight if he must, you got to keep in mind he's a walking lion right now, I mean serious not even a peak human with martial arts skills should be able to beat a lion.
So in my opinion he should be able to beat guy's like cap, batman, DD, elektra and many other streetlevel guy's. without there weapons ofcourse.

And iff I remember correctly in one issue of xtreme X-men where in the savage lands.
He pulled Thunderbird 3 and two lizards guy's out off the water with one arm, and he had only one shot at grabbing them because the water was going very fast, for that you need a lot of strenght.

Can't remeber the issue, I'll try and look it up wenn I'm home.

stay super
thanks wink

stay super
the reason why i am mad about it is because i really wanted to like beast he is cool but the writers always show him as the underdog in fights i am not saing he needs to be like hulk or something, but come on at least let him show some super human strength

Brutacus
I know what you mean I'm a hug beast fan, but still you have to keep in mind he is a doctor, they don't like to fight it doesn't fit with ther discription.

But still they could show him lifting some huge weight, or show him training or something.

I know how you feel wink

Scoobless
I'm sure he was a lot more useful in fights when he was in the Avengers..... but i can't prove it

Brutacus
Well he may not be useful in a fight, but after a fight taking care of the wounded people he will be the most useful or one of the most since the X-men have a few people with healing abilities.

Brutacus
Found this on the net while trying to get some info about his strenght level.

The McCoy Manifesto

Beast is, or was, supposed to be strong. After his ordeal with the touch of Pestilence and the absorbtion of Infectia's kiss, he was reported to be in the 70 ton range. A response to a letter in X-Factor #33 said that if he were to arm-wrestle the Thing (at the time in his strongest "spiky" form, in which he almost defeated the Mr. Fixit version of Hulk in one of the greatest melees ever recounted) the match would be "more even than you might think."

Lest you think only Louise Simonson bought into Hank McCoy's new brawn, Beast also figured prominently in that year's Avengers annual, surprising Hulk and Hercules with his strength.

Yet every stat sheet Marvel has ever done on Beast says he is as strong "as a jungle gorilla." To recap, in the original X-Men days when McCoy was a human with big feet, he was as strong as a jungle gorilla. Later he experimented on himself at the Brand Corporation and changed into his improved furry form, in which he was as strong as a jungle gorilla. After X-Factor's inception he reverted to human form with no apparent change in strength. Then his strength was increased at the cost of his considerable intellect by Apocalypse's horseman Pestilence. This condition was exacerbated by Infectia, leaving the Beast's strength augmented, finally, to the heretofore unreachable heights of the jungle gorilla.

seems writers don't really use him right.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Brutacus

A response to a letter in X-Factor #33 said that if he were to arm-wrestle the Thing (at the time in his strongest "spiky" form, in which he almost defeated the Mr. Fixit version of Hulk in one of the greatest melees ever recounted) the match would be "more even than you might think."

Complete crap no expression

outarddwarf
held his own against juggernaut? you mean the amazing adventures issue? where they showed that juggernauts power is only in his helmet? thats bullshit, or you mean when he fliped juggernaut after onslaught threw him all over the world?? and juggernaut barely stood up? It wasn't that all his power was in his helmet but that when he lost it the fear of getting mind fragged again made him lose the rage that was keeping his connection to cyttorak open cut off. So he aged.

Brutacus
Originally posted by Grimm22
Complete crap no expression

I know it's hard to believe but it seems he should be that strong, after so many strenght upgrade's, I mean he had his superhuman strenght wenn he was a man with large hands and feet, but he got atleast 4 strenght upgrade's after that.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Brutacus
I know it's hard to believe but it seems he should be that strong, after so many strenght upgrade's, I mean he had his superhuman strenght wenn he was a man with large hands and feet, but he got atleast 4 strenght upgrade's after that.

Spikey Thing isnt nearly as strong as current thing no expression

Then again this was the 90's so....yeah

Brutacus
Yes the guy is talking about thing back than not the current thing.

roughrider
Hank would rather work out his mind than be in the gym all the time.
He's better in a fight than you think. Hell, he's so long winded, he could even make Batman crack a smile. stick out tongue

Darth Martin
Beast would waste batman in H2H. Beast is a very good figfhter and a very good athlete but he is a scientist. He is like the X-Mens Reed Richards. Or the JLA's Batman. He is very valuable if you ask me. Ussually he is coming up with a miracle cure or solution to save the X-Mens ***ess. Best is smarter than the Proffesor. Try not to look at Beast as a primarily fighter or brute like Ben Grimm. ****, the X-Men got colossus(brute), and Wolverine(fighter). Beast is my fav Xman.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Beast would waste batman in H2H. Beast is a very good figfhter and a very good athlete but he is a scientist. He is like the X-Mens Reed Richards. Or the JLA's Batman. He is very valuable if you ask me. Ussually he is coming up with a miracle cure or solution to save the X-Mens ***ess. Best is smarter than the Proffesor. Try not to look at Beast as a primarily fighter or brute like Ben Grimm. ****, the X-Men got colossus(brute), and Wolverine(fighter). Beast is my fav Xman.

That was pretty accurate, I agree completely.

Brutacus
Even thow Beast looks like a beast smile , he is the brain of the X-men.

manjaro
all the nay sayers are completeky wrong about beast. he's a changed man now...as far as whats canaon or hasnt been quietly retconned. Beast got his permanently enhanced strentgh since his second mutation. before his feline like appearance he was strong as a gorrilla, which is nothing to shake a stick at since the average full grown male gorilla can lift about 3tons(saw it on animal planet).

ever since he's been a humanoid cat all his physical attirbutes have been increased by a factor of approxiamtely 9 or 10. cuz marvel handbooks list him at class4 strentgh(which starts at 20 and ends at 40tons) of course everyone's gonna b-itch now about all handbooks are wrong and blah blah, but ive seen feats to back it up. when he just became more feral and he and wolverine were cornered by cassandra nova, wolvie told him that the best way to fight a psyhcic is to just let instincts and rage take over, that way not even you know what your next move is gonna be...and ever since then he at times fights with a berserker rage. complete with RRAWWARRARRR!!!!!s and GGRRRAOWWWLLLL!!!!s

plus ive seen him rip thru sentinels' heads, and chest plates with his bare hands and feet. so he's nobody to sleep on, so no he's not gonna take on colossus and win or hulk, but i know that at the very least he can lift 20 tons, so look at the feats of another guy who can lift 20 tons, like oh i dont know luke cage. and we've seen the ridiculously strong things he can and have done, of course the bullet proof skin is a slight advantage, but anything he can do beast can do it too, if not better.

as ppl have pointed out, beast's novelty is his intellect, even though is stock in trade is chemistry, biology, and biochemisrty. he's an all-round genious. that can give the best of them a run for thier money. who do you think is resposnible for the regular maintenance and upgrades for cerebro, or who has converted Shiar tech from weapons to more civil purposes, and most importantly who do you think actually designs those black birds, and X-wings? its all hank baby!! in fact i remember i almost hit the floor when in phoenix endsong. he whipped up a device in a matter of hours to try and control and contain the phoenix force, and scott's optic blasts. which it did for the most part.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by manjaro
all the nay sayers are completeky wrong about beast. he's a changed man now...as far as whats canaon or hasnt been quietly retconned. Beast got his permanently enhanced strentgh since his second mutation. before his feline like appearance he was strong as a gorrilla, which is nothing to shake a stick at since the average full grown male gorilla can lift about 3tons(saw it on animal planet).

ever since he's been a humanoid cat all his physical attirbutes have been increased by a factor of approxiamtely 9 or 10. cuz marvel handbooks list him at class4 strentgh(which starts at 20 and ends at 40tons) of course everyone's gonna b-itch now about all handbooks are wrong and blah blah, but ive seen feats to back it up. when he just became more feral and he and wolverine were cornered by cassandra nova, wolvie told him that the best way to fight a psyhcic is to just let instincts and rage take over, that way not even you know what your next move is gonna be...and ever since then he at times fights with a berserker rage. complete with RRAWWARRARRR!!!!!s and GGRRRAOWWWLLLL!!!!s

plus ive seen him rip thru sentinels' heads, and chest plates with his bare hands and feet. so he's nobody to sleep on, so no he's not gonna take on colossus and win or hulk, but i know that at the very least he can lift 20 tons, so look at the feats of another guy who can lift 20 tons, like oh i dont know luke cage. and we've seen the ridiculously strong things he can and have done, of course the bullet proof skin is a slight advantage, but anything he can do beast can do it too, if not better.

as ppl have pointed out, beast's novelty is his intellect, even though is stock in trade is chemistry, biology, and biochemisrty. he's an all-round genious. that can give the best of them a run for thier money. who do you think is resposnible for the regular maintenance and upgrades for cerebro, or who has converted Shiar tech from weapons to more civil purposes, and most importantly who do you think actually designs those black birds, and X-wings? its all hank baby!! in fact i remember i almost hit the floor when in phoenix endsong. he whipped up a device in a matter of hours to try and control and contain the phoenix force, and scott's optic blasts. which it did for the most part. I agree with mostly everything you said but Bweast doesn't upgrade everything........got to give Forge his credit too. They can make Beast as strong as they want, but Beast's natural/primary trait is his super-agility that rivals that of spiderman. As long as he stays the smart, intelligent, nature loving and agile beast I will be fine. Hense, his agility should be more noticed and upgraded, then they can work on his strength.

Darth Martin
Bump.

Cosmic Flame
Forge has been gone forever, though. When was the last time Forge was a regular in an X title?

That said, I agree that Beast plays a different role on the team than many of the other fighters. He's often the person to remove the wounded because of his strength and agility. Besides, everybody has had their ass handed to them at one point or another...Hank isn't (and shouldn't) be any different.

I do agree that he often is not used to his greatest advantage by writers. That's one of the problems having large rosters and trying to squeeze lots of characters into a few books.

BTW, has anyone checked out his mini from back in the day?

Darth Martin
Mini? Oh, and about Forge I think it was X-Factor.

Sixth_Winged
Beast is just more suited for not being behind the scenes rather than being feral in battlefield like wolverine. He usually gets pwned in a fight since he doesn't let his agression get the better of him unless he's really affected personally.

It's a bit sad to see his character being limited to the lab/mansion most of the times. Worst part is even there, bad things happen to him like getting beaten to a coma by beak and mind-****ed by Cassandra Nova.

Grimm22
is beast good for something in a fight?

Yes....

...as a bat for colossus shifty

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Mini? Oh, and about Forge I think it was X-Factor. Mystique if that counts as an X-title.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Mystique if that counts as an X-title. He said a Beast-Mini.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.