Online Movie Downloads

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jammie
Hi,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I would just like to know if there are any legitimate movie download sites for mainstream titles.

I recently had a run-in with Netfreemovies.com (they also operate under other names/URLs).

I tried them as they advertise downloads of the latest movies, TV shows etc. I know some of the warez-"free"-movie download sites, but thought they offered valid movie download links.

They offered the service at US$17 per month subscription.

As soon as I subscribed, US$34 was taken from my account.

After joining they tell you about sites like edonkey, limewire and kazaa - that's it! Just some links and commonly known information about downloading movies online - no legitimate movie download links.

No links, no movie offerings. Just info most clued-up online movie fans know already.

They offer no e-mail address to unsubscribe or ask for help. I had to phone some helpdesk number and was very rudely told that I could not cancel the transaction - only stop the monthly subscription.

It is very sad that criminals like these prey on innocent (dumb like me) online users. Sites like these are the reason people think twice before shopping online for any service.

I am sure I am not the first. Anyone else been caught out by them ?

Bardock42
Hahah

You are downloading movies from the Internet....

Roland
Why not just pay the $19 or so dollars and buy them if you want them?

Arcana
Hehe... I just use... um...

*whisper*Torrents*whisper*

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

jammie
Originally posted by Bardock42
Hahah

You are downloading movies from the Internet....

I think you missed my point - There do exist legal (paid for) movie download sites on the internet. You assume I do this illegally?

Bardock42
Originally posted by jammie
I think you missed my point - There do exist legal (paid for) movie download sites on the internet. You assume I do this illegally?

Well, I assumed so ....

jaden101
Originally posted by jammie
Hi,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I would just like to know if there are any legitimate movie download sites for mainstream titles.

I recently had a run-in with Netfreemovies.com (they also operate under other names/URLs).

I tried them as they advertise downloads of the latest movies, TV shows etc. I know some of the warez-"free"-movie download sites, but thought they offered valid movie download links.

They offered the service at US$17 per month subscription.

As soon as I subscribed, US$34 was taken from my account.

After joining they tell you about sites like edonkey, limewire and kazaa - that's it! Just some links and commonly known information about downloading movies online - no legitimate movie download links.

No links, no movie offerings. Just info most clued-up online movie fans know already.

They offer no e-mail address to unsubscribe or ask for help. I had to phone some helpdesk number and was very rudely told that I could not cancel the transaction - only stop the monthly subscription.

It is very sad that criminals like these prey on innocent (dumb like me) online users. Sites like these are the reason people think twice before shopping online for any service.

I am sure I am not the first. Anyone else been caught out by them ?

CinemaNow are about to start a new legitamite service with downlaodable/burnable versions films

http://www.cio.com/blog_view.html?CID=23118

eggmayo
Alternatively, you can buy a DVD-RW and get one of those monthly DVD rentals.

Soth
downloading movies is just plain dumb. They more often than not have poor video and audio quality. Plus, as a movie buff myself, I think it's wrong

PVS
whats wrong with a bit of "try before you buy"? as you said, they are of the poorest quality, so why should a decent film be threatened by downloading? the reason the movie industry is shitting a brick is because the prospect of people seeing the film before paying for their ticket/dvd. that means that if the movie sucks, they wont pay for it.

that would mean no more intentional overhyping of knowingly crappy flicks, then grabbing the profits and running, screaming "LATER SUCKERS!!!!!"

docb77
Surprise, Surprise.

I'm actually with PVS on this one. Test drives ensure that the consumer is actually getting what he's paying for.

DarkC
I have links to two full length ones in my profile.

Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend it. Just buy them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.