resemblance...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dexx
Why is everyone comparing LOTR with Harry Potter. Is it because they both came out in almost the same time? I've seen 'em both and they're in now way the same. Ofcourse Lotr is way better.

mah
I assume it's for because they're both popular fantasy books that was made grand-scale films of at the same time.

Corran
psossibly because those people are idiots.

Ushgarak
They are both the default fantasy mythologies of their age. LOTR was the be-all and end-all of fantasy for... bloody ages, actually, in much the same way Star Trek and Star Wars are for sci-fi. Harry Potter is the first fantasy SINCE LOTR that really can be called a 'default' of fantasy that all others are judged by.

Dexx
anyway, i've just recently seen Harry Potter ( wasn't interested ) and i realy was expecting something worthy of comparation...with Lotr.
I can't say it's bad but no way near Lotr.....not even the CGIs smile

Ushgarak
The first one always was rather average. It was the second one that made the series take off and the third is the best, but how well any of this will translate to film I dno not know.

Dexx
well...we'll see

Palanfirith
anyway,as a conclusion:
LOTR is far better then Harry Potter.

Dexx
well, duh?

Palanfirith
even if it's obvious,I made a conclusion in a post.
What's bad in that ? confused

Dexx
who said it's bad?...oh well...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.