The superman curse?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hamstein
Is it really true, that there's a superman curse, apparently loads of people died after acting for a superman movie confused

roughrider
People get old and die.
But George Reeves did commit suicide, didn't he? And Chris Reeve had his tragedy - but I dont think there's a curse.

redcaped
Part 3 Who the f is Lana?

steverules
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f48/t412792.html

Richv1
Who is Lana? Clark Kent's childhood friend, his g/f from his teen years, the woman he would have married if she didn't run off to see the world, the woman who now regrets everyday that she did that.

Kal875
Watch Smallville and you'll find out

on the CW (the old UPN) thursday nights at 10:00

riv6672
The curse may have to do more with being typecast than anything else.
Supposedly thats why Reeves committed suicide.
Reeves was much beloved before his accident and after, but acting wise didnt do anything of note besides Superman.
Dean Cain, direct to DVD and tv movies.
Tom Welling was in Draft Day last year, though i didnt really notice.
Brandon Routh has finally gotten some prpps since his go at the S, thanks to Arrow.
Cavill was in Immortals before MoS, nothing since.

I know it has to do with getting relative unknowns for the part (no RDJrs need apply), but, if the actor's not comfortable being identified with arguably the most popular man who never lived for the rest of his career, he shouldnt take the role.
It takes a strong man to be made of steel.

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672

Cavill was in Immortals before MoS, nothing since.

He's going to be in the upcoming The Man from U.N.C.L.E. movie.

riv6672
Thats great (for him and i loved that show)!
Only thing i saw as i Googled him to make sure i was current on my post was the Batman team up movie.

Mindship
Originally posted by riv6672
It takes a strong man to be made of steel. This sounds like a great statement requiring something bigger than who can portray Superman. Not to lessen that particular for-instance, but really, this strikes me as a saying in need of a great situation.

I can almost picture Animated-Series Superman saying it, kinda like when he said, "In the end, the world didn't need a superman. Just a brave one." ('member that?)

riv6672
You put me in good company. Thanks.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindship
This sounds like a great statement requiring something bigger than who can portray Superman. Not to lessen that particular for-instance, but really, this strikes me as a saying in need of a great situation.

I can almost picture Animated-Series Superman saying it, kinda like when he said, "In the end, the world didn't need a superman. Just a brave one." ('member that?)
Dan Turpin's death was the most poignant moment in the entire animated series, and one of the most poignant in the DCAU period.

riv6672
-salute-

Mindship
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Dan Turpin's death was the most poignant moment in the entire animated series, and one of the most poignant in the DCAU period. Word.

riv6672
Not nearly as poignant, but Titano (never quite named that, but he was in a ship called the Titan 0). That one got me.
I was glad it had a happier ending than Tears for Titano, the comic story that had come out prior...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.